TARA CARES Employee Reviews

Not so fun work place
LPN Charge Nurse/wound care (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 18, 2019
In the beginning,it was a fun place,but with new management things became difficult
New patients are approved by the administrator and marketer instead of nursing.
Pros
Health insurance
Nice place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 25, 2018
intense documentation
awesome manager
6-8 patient's per day
must take 30 min lunch break
rehab patients and long term care patients
630am start time
great team environment
It’s not that bad...
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 23, 2018
I am writing this review becuase a lot of people are just posting terrible reviews about this place. ITS NOT THAT BAD. If you do your job and communicate you do well. Yes there’s some downfalls like every place out there, there’s no perfect place, but everyone saying it’s an awful place could be a bit biased due to being fired or being new and not giving it a chance.

If you do well, they will give you more work to do. But I would consider it to be a compliment. “You’re doing your job and we trust you to do more”. They are open to suggestions and if you have a problem they will listen. Yes, you may have to repeat yourself a few times. But if you can’t handle something there’s help.

There’s people that have worked her for years and have moved up. I have personally worked here for 2 and have received a few promotions and know others that have as well.

Long story short: it’s not that bad. Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt because there’s for sure worse places to work.
Pros
Vacation time, okay with time of needs, easy work environment
Cons
Office drama, horrible healthcare
Blindside
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYOctober 9, 2017
I was lured into the position with the company and was awed by the promises made by the company execs I interviewed with. It all sounded so great so I left a job that I'd had for 4 years to accept a position with this corporation. I honestly believed I could do a lot of great things, travel and serve others all while working closely with my supervisors and corporate management to grow the position into what I was promised. One year to the date of my hire, I was told the corporate office had terminated my position permanently & I was now out of a job! No notice. No assistance. Nothing! I was completely blindsided and deeply hurt.
Pros
Salary and great supervisor
Cons
Lack of growth, no follow through, failed promises
Not enough TIME in one day!!
Regional Case Mix Consultant (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 29, 2017
The salary pay quoted on hire date was great. I was very excited and couldn't wait to help the facilities with Case Mix reviews. I realized quickly there would never be enough time or energy to complete everything ask of me and the salary didnt match my previous by the hour job. I spent all night working and every weekend as well. Literally, 1-2 hrs of sleep before I was back at it. I would never be successful because the people above wouldn't allow it. They wanted someone that knew Mississippi Case Mix but didn't allow me to put things in place that would actually help a facility succeed. I always had to go to the two above me when they didn't have a real understanding of Mississippi Case Mix. Beware.. if it sounds too good to be true it IS!!! It's all about the MONEY! By far my worst decision ever!!
Pros
Some staff members in the facilities.
Cons
Everything else!!
Poor managment
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 27, 2017
Poor management, company is not growing, actually it is going in a a downward direction. The company is not selective in their hiring and unskilled people are being hired, with the turn around rate at an all time high.
I love my job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2017
I love my job I'm just looking for more stability more hours the job is very hard work but I enjoy working with others I'm a very hard worker and I like to get the job done
Pros
I can take my time
Cons
Night shift
My job experience
MDS/Care Plan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 31, 2017
I enjoy my job. I started as a supervisor and really enjoyed working the weekends . Enjoyed the staff. Most of who was seasoned lpn. That was really self sufficient. This company allow you to move up and across
Horrible place to work
Ancillary biller (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 29, 2017
Horrible management. They don't care about their employees. No room for moving up from your job. Horrible benefits. Manager was very rude and not understanding.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Working there
Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Not a good place to work, very high turn over not a good place to work. Salary paid position.nothing else to say about this place at all...
A Good Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 6, 2016
I learned a great deal working with a very knowledgeable,caring staff and very well organized, dedicated management. Pay and benefits are competitive.
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 3, 2016
By far the best place I have ever worked. Friendly considerate staff and expert management. Sorry I had to leave after 7 short years but followed spouse to another city.Lots of opportunity for upward movement. A great place.
A Great Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 29, 2016
I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn and advance. Work can be diffcult but you get out of it what you put in.Fair benefits and fair pay.
Horrible company.
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 6, 2015
Company owner is very proud to bi-polar (so much so, that his license plate says BI-POLAR) , and that creates a culture of pure anarchy.

Management is by far the worst of come across in my lifetime.

Compensation and benefits are definitely sub par.
Pros
Cons
Working here
I worked for Tara Cares for 10 years.
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2015
Overall, it was a great company to work for. I started out at Pleasant Grove as a med cart nurse, then a treatment nurse. Transferred to Florence after the state shut down Pleasant Grove. Was initially a wound care consultant. Then the interim ADNS, a unit manager, then the Staff Development Coordinator. I was sent to Mobile to train the new Staff Development Coordinator. After I got back to Florence, they called me and offered me the position in Mobile. I transferred to Mobile where I was the Staff Development Coordinator.
by far the worst company ive ever worked for
hr (Former Employee) –  farmervilleMarch 9, 2015
How i lasted any time at all at a Tara Cares supported facility i will never know....horrible management...no benefits....totally uncaring owners. And the new VP for the Louisiana homes is a joke ! His favorite saying is "I DONT CARE"...and believe me when I say he doesnt....everyone is more concerned about the bottom dollar than they ever are about resident care....and employees dont have a chance. Avoid these facilities of at all possible !
Pros
Cons
too numerous to mention
It is better than nothing.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 15, 2015
If you had to choose between this and losing your house or car, I guess you could pick this place. The management is atrocious, and unable to handle their own duties, and the burden of fault is placed directly on you. 80 - 90 hour work weeks four months a year, with no thank you, and no appreciation. If you have another option, or are looking for something short term, this place will suffice. People come and go here, due to the lack of communication, appreciation, and competence of people above you.
Pros
The paychecks never bounces
Cons
everything else
Temporary Position
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2014
Medicare HMO billing for Nursing facilities. Contracted position; worked for less then desired contracted length.
Awful ... unless you enjoy a hostile work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 23, 2014
Wages significantly below standard rates, reviews and raises delayed for many months, terrible healthcare, terrible benefits. They have third day sick so, it's a bacteria farm in the winter because no one can afford to lose two days pay and stay home when they're actually sick.

While some managers were acceptable, others were petty and unprofessional.

It's obvious that the owners' goal was to wring as much labor out of their staff with as small a budget as possible. The result was that workloads were so heavy and there was so little coverage that it was extremely difficult to take any of benefit time offered.

As for the culture: pot stirring and negativity were rampant. The result of unhappy, under appreciated, underpaid staff?

The most toxic work environment I've ever encountered. If you're a nice person, run.`
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
Substandard wages, benefits, toxic culture
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Great place to work. Great place to work I dont have time to fill in all the great aspect of this.