Tara Therapy, LLC Employee Reviews

Productive, fun work environment
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eight Mile, ALApril 3, 2019
I am blessed to work with a great group of therapists who really care about their patients. My caseload is diverse and challenging. I am also fortunate to work with a rehab manager that does her very best to make the work environment a positive one and one that all her employees feel comfortable in.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good pay, great coworkers, competitive PTO
Cons
health insurance plan
Very stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 18, 2019
Very stressful micromanaged environment. Negative feedback on reviews. Always telling you what you are doing wrong, never anything positive. Unrealistic expectations.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, GAJanuary 2, 2019
•Evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients with conditions including: Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Fractures, Neuromuscular disorders, Amputation and/ or prosthetic limbs, Trauma including motor vehicles/bicycle accident-multiple trauma in both inpatient and acute settings
•Documents patient care efficiently and promptly
•Communicates and collaborates with medical and allied health personnel, patient and patient’s family regarding patient's progress, needs and discharge planning
Supportive and Fun Work Environment
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Eight Mile, ALOctober 27, 2018
This therapy department is amazing. With such a patient centered team, it’s impossible to not love working here. You can walk in the Therapy gym at any given time and you can always count on good customer service, committed therapists, and an attentive and accommodating DOR and RDOR. Our DOR is such fair, kind, and always positive, which in my opinion, makes a huge impact on our staff. This department will always advocate for their patients and go the extra mile.
Pros
Friendly staff, profession team members, patient centered care.
Great team environment!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, GASeptember 16, 2018
Great team and working environment. I was glad to be able to contribute as a valued team member and collaborate with other disciplines to provide excellent care and be goal oriented and out-come driven.
Skilled Nursing facility
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 11, 2018
Skilled Nursing facility working with Nursing, Social Services and Multi-disciplinary therapy team to develop plan of care for patients to achieve their highest level of function.
fun team and great location from where I lived
Lead Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed this team and all the things I learned at this facility. I appreciate that assistants were treated as equals to the OT/PT/ST and were able to have say in the patient's care as we were the primary therapists treating those patients. The most enjoyable part of our job was being able to have fun outside of work. Our boss created a fun atmosphere and made sure work was fun.
Pros
Team, pay, hours, and location
Cons
nursing staff, administrative staff, and at times the caseload
Tara Therapy has PTAs perform PT duties, i.e. pt progress notes and pt discharges
PTA (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILApril 17, 2018
Tara Therapy is unprofessional in the way discipline is handled. Tara Therapy hires and puts you to work without proper training. Documentation is expected to be completed while working with a patient. Physical Therapy gyms are crowded with wheel chairs and other therapy devices on mats and in parallel bars, which prohibits proper ambulation with a weak patient where safety is paramount. Sheds are used to store wheelchair equipment, and are not easily accessible.
Pros
Co-workers are helpful
Cons
Management needs to be professional.
Fun, Supportive Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 28, 2018
Tara Therapy is an excellent company!!! They are the only therapy company that I have worked for where your time with the patient is based on the patients needs and not money. Everything is about the patient!! Tara Therapy is supportive of you as a clinician as well as you as a person outside of work. The DOR, RDOR, and president of the company are very open making communication easy and non intimidating. Communication is also great with other buildings allowing for a collaborative support system to achieve the best outcomes for our patients. The benefits are your average benefits with the exception of the company matching your health savings which has been a huge benefit for me personally! Tara Therapy cares about your continuing education providing money yearly for your courses. This company provides great equipment for our patients and as therapist we are able to get extra things we need for our patients without it being an issue.
Pros
Great communication and supportive staff
A great place to work
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 3, 2018
Tara Therapy is a great company to work for because of many reasons: the skilled therapists who put the interests of their patients first, working with all disciplines in a professional, but friendly and warm work environment, the quality of all staff working there and the patients the facility accepts for rehab. The DOR is great, receptive to new ideas, a great communicator and a very understanding person when it comes to family emergency or personal matters.
Pros
1$ meals, great management, flexibility, amazing rehab department
Fun and proactive company
PTA (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
I have had opportunity to advance my career in training for manager assistance therefore this will benefit my future. The RDOR/DOR listen closely to concerns while also providing education. I have worked for Tara Therapy for 6.5 years and have enjoyed it very much.
Pros
great pay, Pto
Cons
productivity, no paid maturnity leave, no paid sick days
Enjoy working for this company
Physical Therapist (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 13, 2018
I have enjoyed working for this company for the past 2 years. This was my first job out of PT school and I feel that I was given appropriate mentorship as I began working. I was referred to this company by a family member who was pleased with her experience as an employee. I am proud to work for a company that has high ethical standards with regards to billing, documentation, and patient care. I also feel that I have adequate therapeutic equipment/resources to maximize patient outcomes. I feel that my DOR is very reasonable when it comes to family emergencies, sickness, and other situations that necessitate accommodations to the typical work schedule. Patients are assigned appropriate treatment times, and the DOR is willing to adjust these as needed. The best part of the job (other than seeing the patients progress toward their goals) is the work environment. I feel that I have highly skilled co-workers who love what they do, get along well with each other, and want to see their patients succeed.
Pros
Fair compensation, ethical, work environment, patient population
Cons
Insurance/Benefits package
Love the population and people I work with.
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 9, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Tara Therapy. We have a great staff of OT, PT, and speech therapists who get along well and create a positive environment. I like that we work together for the benefit of the patient. I have learned a lot and have been made to feel like part of the team from day one.
Pros
Great group to work with.
Cons
Benefits are lacking. Family insurance is expensive.
Team oriented culture
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJanuary 25, 2018
All disciplines of the therapy department (OT, ST, & PT) are knowledgeable and more than willing to provide support and advice on how to adjust to the fast paced environment. The biggest negative would be documenting. Tara therapy crosses all the T's and dots all the I's so documenting is a significant portion of the day and highly tedious but beneficial long term.
Pros
Welcoming staff, team oriented environment
Cons
Documenting
Cota (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Tara therapy is my first job working in the Occupational Therapy field. I was employed by the company while working on a temp license. They were very supportive and envolved in the process of me taking my certification exam. The manager allowed me time off to study also. Co-workers are great and I really enjoy coming to work each and everyday because of the atmosphere that is created between the company, manager, coworkers and most importantly the patients.
Pros
Flexibility
Pta for snf
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MODecember 8, 2017
Unsupportive management, an increased amount of stress to hurry through patient visits, poor work environment. My most enjoyable part was seeing patient progress and growth.
Pros
patient progression
Cons
lack of support from management, lack of communication between nursing staff and therapists, unreasonable expectations from management
December 14, 2017

So sorry to hear that you did not have a favorable experience at this location. In the last year and a half, we have implemented a variety of ways in which our employees can offer feedback and access multiple layers of management to share concerns and offer any suggestions to make the work experience enjoyable and positive for all. Our doors are open!

It's a awesome place to be employed.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile, ALSeptember 16, 2017
I love the atmosphere. My Director always took time to teach new techniques of the job. My role was important just as every one else and we all became valued.
Workplace
department head (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJuly 14, 2017
Truly enjoyed working for this company. The department heads remain the same; which says a mouthful about this company, especially with the amount of residents/families served. I would recommend anyone to work there. They faithfully do an alzheimers walk yearly as a group!
July 17, 2017

So nice to hear! Please keep us in mind for the future. We love having former employees return. All our best to you!

Ethical company with patient-centered care
employee for almost 10 years (Current Employee) –  Ruston LASeptember 16, 2016
I have worked for Tara Therapy almost 10 years. This is the most ethical long-term care rehab company I've ever worked for. Very diligent about following all federal/state regulations. The emphasis is on patient care and therapeutic outcomes. Excellent job training and continuing education with modalities and specialty programs. Management is very responsive to employee needs and concerns. Would highly recommend Tara Therapy.
Pros
Ethical, patient-centered.
July 17, 2017

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Thank you for your dedication to Tara Therapy!

Most ethical company I have come across
PT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 13, 2016
This company is the most ethical company I have come across. My DOR worked hard to make sure we were all taught Medicare Rules and Regs and that we understood them to make sure we were fully educated. She also helped us with our Practice Acts to make sure we were educated in this area as well. We always were able to set appropriate discharge dates and when we felt we couldn't pick someone up, we did not have to do so. There was no pushing for extra Medicare days with Med A's and Med B's were treated for appropriate minutes. We were the ones to tell the DOR what RUG levels should be as well. I had to leave due to moving to another state.
Pros
I do not feel pressure to keep people on
July 17, 2017

Thank you for your comments. Regulatory compliance is of our utmost concern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tara Therapy, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.