Tarantino Properties, Inc. Employee Reviews

Friendly atmosphere, great clubhouse, amazing dining.
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 17, 2019
If you’re a team player, then the fountains at lake pleasant is a great place to work. There’s a great teamwork atmosphere here. I feel like my coworkers are my friends and the residents are very friendly.
Pros
Great dining and clubhouse
Just Started as a New Employee (Concierge)
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2019
The property itself is located on the lovely part of mainstream downtown Houston. Overall the residents are really nice but the managers horrible. This was my training week and I was suppose to roll over and start on Monday as the new full time Concierge. Well since my car was having problems I was having to Uber. No problem that is my issue. My current manager liked to micro manage everything from e-mail ettiqutte, bathroom breaks, and talking about previous employees to me. How unprofessional is that? My supervisor was arguing with her on the phone every minute. Can you imagine how comfortable I was feeling new? The residents were talking smack about her to me (the new employee). Then the big storm that hit on 5/8/2019 *(Thursday) started. I wasn't able to go home. The Lead Conciergewas nice enough to get persmission to allow me to stay for the night. But again I was assumed to work my training shift and normal (So a double with No sleep). No one was there to step in and give breaks. If gone from the desk too long the Assistant Manager would call and want to know where I was. So she micromanages everything. No freedom to implement new ideas. Its her way or G doesn't like it. Yes the pay is good but work envirnment extremely toxic because of her. I went ahead and took an Uber and went home. Too much stress compared to the drive and commitment I have regarding work. It's not worth it. Please do your research when considering this company. You are just a number to these people. Because the managers are quite old and not open to change nothing is ever done. They will continue  more... to get residents here because of location but the managers will always be the same. I didn't need extra stress. I think I did the right thing by walking away while I had the chance.

The owners of the property only care about the money coming in and nothing else.
Pros
NIce Location, Free Parking
Cons
Short Breaks, No Bathroom Breaks, Micro Manager by Assistant Manager, Too Much Gossip
great experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 26, 2019
i must say that I am grateful to have been given the chance to work for this company. Leasing was new to me, but it was something that I always wanted to do and I will forever keep all that I learned with me.
Excellent company to work for
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson MsMarch 7, 2019
I would recommend Tarantino Properties to all my friends , very well professional always on top of things and well kept and maintained properies. So yes they are good people to work for and they have allot of properties in different states.
Pros
Great job at renovating properties
Cons
Not enough properties in and
enjoyed working there
Assistant manager/ Leasing agent (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 29, 2019
really good company to work for awesome company to work for. but wanted a diffrent work experiance
in the medical field.........................................
Best Management team !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2018
Loved the culture. Loved the environment. They valued their employees. By far the best company I've ever worked for. Our property was taken over by another company. I miss the way they valued their employees. The Vice President Telisia was the best of the best.
Pros
everything
A great place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
Working for tarantino was a great experience,staff and management were very professional and kind,it was a busy time all the time.I had the opportunity to learn may skills from my supervisor,the personal contact with my resident gave me the opportunity to improve my skills on customer service.Sometime I had a lot of pressure on my duties.
Benefits
Cons
Bad supervisory
Company
Director of Software Operations and Training (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 6, 2018
The company is a strong company that focuses on Real Estate but not open to change. The culture has people that have been there for over 20 plus years bu has no tolerance for change or growth.
Great company to work for
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Tarantino is family owned, and unique from other senior living companies in a great way. They are supportive of employee needs and focused on providing quality senior care and not just the bottom line. I love the ability to implement new ideas in my daily work, and would recommend as a great place to work!
Pros
Family oriented, fun at the office
Great Comapny
Student Housing (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. The corporate office is great and always there when needed. I wish I could of stayed with them longer but the property that I was at sold
Pros
Vacation and medical
great job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I was a maintenance man at an apartment complex. I was required to maintain units and upkeep the property. I was also held accountable to meet customer requirements.
Pros
met various people
Cons
lunch was only 30 minutes
If you can make 8.50 anywhere else do it
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 25, 2018
Start pay at 8.50 which is way low for all they ask for they may hire you at a certain position but don't be surprised if you doing someone else's work, but if its all you have at the moment you can make it work until you find something better literally anything is better and the company insurance rates are outrageous and not affordable for the low pay. STAY FAR AWAY
Pros
AC sometimes
Cons
Almost everything
Poor management, employee relatioms
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mongomery, al.August 22, 2018
Was never properly trained on policies and procedures. Also wasn't given the proper tools to do my job. No training on policies for dealing with tenants. Or housing rules or regulations. Which resulted in miscommunications, and angry players and tenants.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great workplace!!
Business Director (Current Employee) –  Fort PierceAugust 15, 2018
I absolutely love working at Lake Forest Park. We are like a family here, and when we have to pull together to get things done, we all pitch in. The ED is always more than willing to help in any department when it’s needed.
Love My job
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2018
There really is not a typical work day, every day is different and challenging. But we are surely given the tools to be successful and they provide many opportunities for advancement. Regional support is very easily accessible which is a big plus. I have a great management team on the property level as well.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Awesome employees - Not so awesome "managers"
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Corporate office environment was ok - the staff (average employees were all awesome); the main supervisor over the department was truly awesome. A typical day at the office was standard accounting, repetitive, and boring. Managers like to micromanage and babysit everyone to make sure no one is talking too much, etc. The department assistant manager was a mean hateful bully who liked to belittle people in front of an audience. I met some amazing people while working there, but it just wasn't worth the overall stress of overworking yourself when they were short staffed. If someone doesn't hold up their end, everyone else is forced to clean up the mess.
Pros
fun staff - nonmanagers
Cons
work load; supervisors; work areas; micromanaging
Really enjoy coming to work every day!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2018
Tarantino is a great company to work for. They value hard work and dedication. I have learned so much at Tarantino and continue to learn more each day. I love coming to work and helping our residents :)
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits
Stressful unorganized and unprofessional
contractor (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
Worked at multiple properties for the company. Materials were unavailable, making it near impossible to complete work. Managment was completely unprofessional at all locations., and unwilling to help. Still waiting on payment on a large sum of money spread over multiple properties while getting the run around from management as well as the district managers. Now having to resort to litigation to collect.
Pros
Provided plenty of work
Cons
Has not paid for the work, months later.
First commercial job, very exciting.
Leasing Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2018
Company culture is very inviting, encourages communication and feedback. A typical day involves making cold calls, following up with prospects, negotiating proposals/contracts, gathering market intel, and managing time efficiently. Management encourages communication and team building events as avenues towards success. As with any job, the most challenging aspect is prospecting for business. The most rewarding, enjoyable aspect of the business is closing the transaction knowing you provided a very valuable resource for your client.
Pros
unlimited income potential
Cons
small firm, lack of a platform.
Love working for this company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
The company paid for training, growth and opportunity, room for advancement. Manager was very understanding to the employee and customer needs. Pay was awesome too.
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid time off, overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarantino Properties, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Tarantino Properties, Inc. Reviews by Location