Tarantino Properties, Inc. Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Just Started as a New Employee (Concierge)
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2019
The property itself is located on the lovely part of mainstream downtown Houston. Overall the residents are really nice but the managers horrible. This was my training week and I was suppose to roll over and start on Monday as the new full time Concierge. Well since my car was having problems I was having to Uber. No problem that is my issue. My current manager liked to micro manage everything from e-mail ettiqutte, bathroom breaks, and talking about previous employees to me. How unprofessional is that? My supervisor was arguing with her on the phone every minute. Can you imagine how comfortable I was feeling new? The residents were talking smack about her to me (the new employee). Then the big storm that hit on 5/8/2019 *(Thursday) started. I wasn't able to go home. The Lead Conciergewas nice enough to get persmission to allow me to stay for the night. But again I was assumed to work my training shift and normal (So a double with No sleep). No one was there to step in and give breaks. If gone from the desk too long the Assistant Manager would call and want to know where I was. So she micromanages everything. No freedom to implement new ideas. Its her way or G doesn't like it. Yes the pay is good but work envirnment extremely toxic because of her. I went ahead and took an Uber and went home. Too much stress compared to the drive and commitment I have regarding work. It's not worth it. Please do your research when considering this company. You are just a number to these people. Because the managers are quite old and not open to change nothing is ever done. They will continue  more... to get residents here because of location but the managers will always be the same. I didn't need extra stress. I think I did the right thing by walking away while I had the chance.

The owners of the property only care about the money coming in and nothing else.
Pros
NIce Location, Free Parking
Cons
Short Breaks, No Bathroom Breaks, Micro Manager by Assistant Manager, Too Much Gossip
A great place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
Working for tarantino was a great experience,staff and management were very professional and kind,it was a busy time all the time.I had the opportunity to learn may skills from my supervisor,the personal contact with my resident gave me the opportunity to improve my skills on customer service.Sometime I had a lot of pressure on my duties.
Benefits
Cons
Bad supervisory
Great company to work for
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Tarantino is family owned, and unique from other senior living companies in a great way. They are supportive of employee needs and focused on providing quality senior care and not just the bottom line. I love the ability to implement new ideas in my daily work, and would recommend as a great place to work!
Pros
Family oriented, fun at the office
Awesome employees - Not so awesome "managers"
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Corporate office environment was ok - the staff (average employees were all awesome); the main supervisor over the department was truly awesome. A typical day at the office was standard accounting, repetitive, and boring. Managers like to micromanage and babysit everyone to make sure no one is talking too much, etc. The department assistant manager was a mean hateful bully who liked to belittle people in front of an audience. I met some amazing people while working there, but it just wasn't worth the overall stress of overworking yourself when they were short staffed. If someone doesn't hold up their end, everyone else is forced to clean up the mess.
Pros
fun staff - nonmanagers
Cons
work load; supervisors; work areas; micromanaging
Love working for this company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
The company paid for training, growth and opportunity, room for advancement. Manager was very understanding to the employee and customer needs. Pay was awesome too.
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid time off, overtime
Great employer, but have to use own vehicle
Maintenace Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Not much compensation for having to drive my own vehicle all over Houston. If I was either provided a company vehicle or more compensation for miles and gas, it would have made my employment there a lot less stressful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Have to be on the road more than youre working
Great job expirence
Commercial Real Estate Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
Great job experience good team work and knowledge gained. Team functions at lunch. Learned actual accounting financial reporting. Learn to utilize Yardi
Not Happy
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I am not sure about Tarantino. But my supervisor at that time was the absolute worse. I don't understand why such person would continue to have a job. When I left, I literally vowed not to return to the industry because of how mean, cut throat, ruthless, unfair and that person was.
Pros
salary
Cons
horrible "leader"
Executives out of touch
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Executives out of touch with portfolio. I heard over and over in the halls that some of the long term Regional Managers had not been on their sites in 1 to 3 years. EVP had not been on sites as well except for where his mother-in-law lived. The corporate office atmosphere is in tense. Very poor culture.
Worst place I've ever worked
Anym. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
Disorganized, incompetent people promoted to higher levels. Some nice people, but overall you'll feel like you were thrown into Office Space. For being a "corporate" office, you'll encounter some of the most unprofessional people you'll ever meet and don't bother going to HR, everyone is friends there and no one cares about you and your grievances.
Pros
Friendly housekeeper and good coffee
fun work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2017
Ability to clean any large area 2,400+ square feet per hour
Hand dust and wipe clean all office furniture, files, fixtures, paneling window sils base boards and other horizontal surfaces
Assist with regular cleaning schedule as requested by supervisor
Dust all frames , charts,graphs and simlilar wall hangings
Painting expierience as well.
Pros
easy work
Cons
short breaks
great team
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Felt like I had back up at this job. They were a great team. Unfortunately my property sold and they had to let me go. They did not have another property that would support my salary,.
aweful place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
My friend worked for Tarantino she came home crying of the reason her manager treated her and the staff inside and outside .of course the supervisor never did anything since the manager and supervisor are friends. To the owner please stop the harrasmement. And bulling of managers. I would give them a 0 if I could . I hope Texas labor laws get involved. I visited some of my friends there also and you have shooting but my map friend who lives there was told by management it was next door .that was a lie.
Pros
youre ok when youre on your lunch break
Cons
terrible management
Commercial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Tarantino Properties is a great place to work. It is a property management company that is based out of Houston, Texas. The people who work there are very welcoming and are very happy to be there.
Tarantino Properties is a property management company based out of Houston, Texas. The people who work there are very welcoming and are always in a good mood. It is a great place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Tarantino Properties is a property management company based out of Houston, Texas. The people who work there are very welcoming and always in a good mood. It is a great place to work.
Stressful
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXJuly 28, 2016
This was the most stressful, unorganized, mis-managed placed I ever worked. Residents nor staff were treated approiatedly
Pros
I did receive my CPO and pending me CAMT license
Cons
Went through too many managers
Not an exciting place of work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
The staff that trained me was not professional, nor helpful during training, which made doing my job difficult. Employees didn't seem to take it very seriously.
Pros
snow cone machine in break room
Cons
staff
Great opportunity for growth
Community Manager/ Rockridge Park (Current Employee) –  Houston txDecember 28, 2015
Responsible for oversight of daily operations, leasing, maintenance, weekly/monthly reports, invoicing, maintaining occupancy and delinquency and more!
Anthony Tarantino great guy
Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 9, 2015
Bee careful what you are told about your properties. The worker bee is not always what is seems. The worker Bee my be blind folding the main character. The 55 and older group just got younger because the working honey bee has been building a hornets nest. Decent residents pay their bills. The gene group does not. The grass is not green where it does not grown. Take the blind fold off see the real greenhouse. The Bea is not working to your advantage.
Pros
The residents are praying they keep it 55
Cons
Really watch your pennies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarantino Properties, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Tarantino Properties, Inc. Reviews by Location