Tarantino Properties, Inc. Employee Reviews for Community Manager

My work week as a Property Manager (I get involved in everything!)
Community Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
Property Manager for Tarantino Properties. My day consist of speaking with my staff, checking on their progress before my day actually gets underway. Return any phone calls from residents or vendors. I then begin my day by reviewing any move in's for the day, getting with my maintenance team on any apartment homes in need of last minute touch-ups. I enjoy working with each department, from housekeeping to my assistant managers duties. Even though I am running the property, I want to get involved in their activities and teach each member of my staff something new everyday as well as myself learning something new from them. The hardest part of my job I feel would be when I must step in and resolve any irate resident and resolve their issue(s). I pull them away from the situation and escort them to my office where we can resolve the issue(s). The most enjoyable part of my day is to have a resident that has lived at the community for 17 plus years and say to me, "Tony, you are really making a difference, I can see it. Keep up the good work!" Or my Assistant and leasing staff all getting along in the office, supporting each other makes for an enjoyable day!
Pros
Free lunches once a month, get creative with our marketing, design the office the way we feel.
Cons
Health care is expensive. Always having to check in with my Supervisors if I step off property.