Tarantino Properties, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great employer, but have to use own vehicle
Maintenace Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Not much compensation for having to drive my own vehicle all over Houston. If I was either provided a company vehicle or more compensation for miles and gas, it would have made my employment there a lot less stressful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Have to be on the road more than youre working
Great job expirence
Commercial Real Estate Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
Great job experience good team work and knowledge gained. Team functions at lunch. Learned actual accounting financial reporting. Learn to utilize Yardi
All my coworkers were amazing but the company isn’t!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone in my region. My regional at the time was bomb but I can’t say the same about some people in the corporate office! Not sure how such person is still employed with the way she treats people! They need to re-evaluate who they have working for them! Very selfish people!
Pros
Pay was okay.
Cons
Healthcare ins too high! Selfish upper management
Terrible company
Assistant community director (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 9, 2018
Brought in all new staff (cleaned house) after offering me originally a property manager position. Stated they grandfatherd in our PTO earned and seniority, did not. In fact they actually put everyone on a probationary period without telling anyone. I went back and forth from property to property helping out where needed without any additional compensation or additional benefits. Has crooked vendors and management that does illegal things.
Cons
Poor management
Good Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Busy company I just liked being able to give the customers great customer service. Need to get support from the corporate office to meet the expectations of the residents.
Had great company Christmas Parties, drinking and gambling!
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  State Building & 3 buildings in GreenspointJanuary 28, 2018
I worked for Tarantino Properties for 18 yrs. I was there on weekends, received phone calls day and night. I was at one property for 14 years and my supervisor let me go because I had 3 heart attacks while working in the Greenspoint area.
Pros
Casual wear on Fridays
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive!
Good job overall.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 25, 2018
It is a good company. The management is great. There is a sense that we are all colleagues. There is fair treatment of everyone and it is very flexible.
Not Happy
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I am not sure about Tarantino. But my supervisor at that time was the absolute worse. I don't understand why such person would continue to have a job. When I left, I literally vowed not to return to the industry because of how mean, cut throat, ruthless, unfair and that person was.
Pros
salary
Cons
horrible "leader"
Very productive with very fast pace working
Leasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  6009 bellaire BlvdJanuary 8, 2018
Job will require good communication skills with the residents . Being bilingual makes it easier . Furthermore when one is in need of food or any sort , they will gladly provide that to you with no hassle.
Pros
Bilingual
Cons
Lack of hours
fun place to work my manager janice tenninhill is the best!!!!!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 12, 2017
i love my job love working for tarantino!!! nice and relaxed place to work especilly when your manager is janice tennihill i am at a property in montgomery alabama
A Typical Day
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2017
Maintain and monitor the prospect waiting list. Responsible for quarterly inspections, collect deposits and post monthly rent, and respond to emergency situations.
Executives out of touch
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Executives out of touch with portfolio. I heard over and over in the halls that some of the long term Regional Managers had not been on their sites in 1 to 3 years. EVP had not been on sites as well except for where his mother-in-law lived. The corporate office atmosphere is in tense. Very poor culture.
Worst place I've ever worked
Anym. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
Disorganized, incompetent people promoted to higher levels. Some nice people, but overall you'll feel like you were thrown into Office Space. For being a "corporate" office, you'll encounter some of the most unprofessional people you'll ever meet and don't bother going to HR, everyone is friends there and no one cares about you and your grievances.
Pros
Friendly housekeeper and good coffee
fun work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2017
Ability to clean any large area 2,400+ square feet per hour
Hand dust and wipe clean all office furniture, files, fixtures, paneling window sils base boards and other horizontal surfaces
Assist with regular cleaning schedule as requested by supervisor
Dust all frames , charts,graphs and simlilar wall hangings
Painting expierience as well.
Pros
easy work
Cons
short breaks
great team
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Felt like I had back up at this job. They were a great team. Unfortunately my property sold and they had to let me go. They did not have another property that would support my salary,.
Awesome job with great benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 20, 2017
This property was by far the best I have worked at. I did move in/out daily, answering calls, auditing files, handled all concerns for tenants, daily reports, monthly reports, quarterly reports. I really enjoyed the environment and the management staff was great.
Pros
Beautiful Property
Cons
Distance to job
aweful place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
My friend worked for Tarantino she came home crying of the reason her manager treated her and the staff inside and outside .of course the supervisor never did anything since the manager and supervisor are friends. To the owner please stop the harrasmement. And bulling of managers. I would give them a 0 if I could . I hope Texas labor laws get involved. I visited some of my friends there also and you have shooting but my map friend who lives there was told by management it was next door .that was a lie.
Pros
youre ok when youre on your lunch break
Cons
terrible management
Family Owned and Managed
Management (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 26, 2016
Learning something new everyday is very important, being able to share what you have learned is PRICELESS....

The hardest part of my job is not being able to always say yes...the best part of my job is helping my teams with finding other solutions and ways to accomplish their goals and being a part of a team that shares their knowledge, heart and skills to take care of others.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Sometimes not being heard/listened too by upper management
Commercial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Tarantino Properties is a great place to work. It is a property management company that is based out of Houston, Texas. The people who work there are very welcoming and are very happy to be there.
Tarantino Properties is a property management company based out of Houston, Texas. The people who work there are very welcoming and are always in a good mood. It is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarantino Properties, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Tarantino Properties, Inc. Reviews by Location