Taravista Employee Reviews

Poor mamagement, unorganized, no staff support
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAApril 28, 2019
Loved the job, but within few weeks noticed non support in the management /HR. Was told to reapply after a brief absence, did so NO RESPONSE. went to assisrtant in HR got response but was told would not rehire. I know at will, but no review done or anY reprimands on performance. Too much unorganized departments. Felt ike stabbed in back. STAY AWAY
Pros
Pay OK
Cons
Poor management/ communication. Disorganized. High turnovers
I would give 0 stars if I could
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAApril 13, 2019
Poor work/life balance and consistently coaxing staff into working 40+ hours per week. Reprimanding staff for being burned out. Hostile environment - leadership have "favorite staff" and belittle other staff. Employees that are favorited by leadership back stab everyone else and are rewarded for it. Leadership trick you into confiding your weaknesses and use them against you. Zero support for educational opportunities and job growth. Minimal unit specific training yet servicing vastly different populations. Health insurance offered covers next to nothing and costs a fortune. The best employees and coworkers are often let go without reason or notice. The staff turnover is like a revolving door!
Pros
no pros
Cons
hostile environment, minimal focus on training and education, poor treatment of employees
Great mission, strong vision for behavioral health
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Devens, MADecember 17, 2018
Since I started working with TaraVista in early 2017, I've been impressed with the work they are doing in the community. Behavioral health has been an underserved area in healthcare for years. Within the two years that they've been open, they've created a safe and transformational space for several individuals.
Pros
Great people. Beautiful facility.
I have never worked with a more supportive team!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Devens, MADecember 17, 2018
There is amazing teamwork, dedication and compassion for the patients we care for. I have never worked at a more accommodating and respectful place of employment. Management is open to new ideas and everyone is rowing in the same direction. We all have a common goal of providing great care to patients. I would not change my decision to come to TaraVista!
good pay, not for everyone
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Devens, MANovember 27, 2018
Nice facility with good pay but I burnt out very quickly, I had no interest in running groups, Id prefer to stick with nursing duties, not much opportunity to use any nursing skills other than med pass and meds are mostly psych meds so not much opportunity for learning as a new grad.
Poor Management, Poor Training, Lack of consistency within the hospital
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAOctober 27, 2018
Management is HORRID! They claim promote a culture where you are able to "speak your mind" and that the approach is "team oriented". In reality, the only team in town are the useless managers who sit in the "Bullpen". They are more concerned with saving a penny and making sure every bed is full then the well being of patients or staff. I witnessed numerous patients leave the hospital who were not ready to discharge because insurance no longer covered them. It is not about patient care it's about $$$$. The CEO/CFO/CMO are only concerned with how much money the investors are making. They operate in a very reactive manner to any incident that occurs and people are fired without warning weekly! STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, reactive/knee jerk decision making
Terrible Management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Devens, MASeptember 26, 2018
I was recently hired as a Mental Health Technician. This was my first job in the mental health field and after 1 week of class orientation and 1 week of training on the unit they ended up firing me without warning. I was fired because I was not quick enough and I didn’t learn fast enough. I did my job and I followed all the rules, but to them I wasn’t good enough. The management is TERRIBLE and they will stab you in the back. The classroom orientation was the most boring, dreadful thing I have been through that I would rather watch paint dry. On top of all this the management is the most unorganized group of workers that it is laughable. If you want to take care of yourself do not work here. Go somewhere else to achieve your passion of helping others.
Pros
Okay salary, good co-workers
Cons
Terrible management, unorganized, doesn’t care about their employees
Love the patients, Doctors and NP's
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAAugust 26, 2018
Short staffed. Management is completely unorganized. No support. They do NOT care one bit about staff work/life balance, they will work you to death if it benefits them and offer you zero support when staff needs something. There is no consistency throughout the hospital or even the shifts, different rules for different units and/or even shifts...they're made up as they go along depending on whoever the charge nurse is.

Colleagues and management will sabotage you in a heart beat.

Do have to say though that the doctors and NP's are AMAZING!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, back-stabbing colleagues, NO work/life balance
Management issues
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAAugust 24, 2018
The actual job itself was great! I loved what I did, I felt as though I was helping people initially. However, it becomes apparent that monetary gains are the main focus (it is a start up company, after all) Intake staff are bullied to make admissions happen, units are opened prior to staff being properly trained for high needs patients (kids). Management change frequently on the children’s unit which causes instability because even THEY cannot deal with certain units. There is high turnover and high burnout. If you work days, there will be plenty of help in a crisis but if you work off shifts, that won’t be the case. Colleagues are nice and care about their co-workers, a lot of support for each other.
Pros
Great coworkers, beautiful facility, facility feels safe.
Cons
Management instability, unstable units, high amount of turnover.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Devens, MAOctober 11, 2017
Typically a fast paced work environment. Great team of co-workers. Most patients longest stay is two weeks. Nurses run groups, safety checks, medication, group notes as well as patient notes. Assignment is 8-12 patients per nurse.
Pros
competitive wages, friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taravista. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5