Tarbell, Realtors

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Never a dull moment

Working at Tarbell was a wonderful experience. Fantastic team of corporate employees. I would have remained at Tarbell until retiring, but the company was acquired by a large corporation and most corporate employees were laid off.

#1 in Real Estate

I've worked with Tarbell, Realtors as both a Realtor and as their Advertising Account Executive at a Gannett Newspaper. Working with and for Tarbell, Realtors has been nothing but positive. Relationships built from the agent level up to Mr. and Mrs. Tarbell themselves have been one of my favorite things about the company. They have built a company culture where friendly competition is present, but even more of a strong desire to see everyone succeed. After their strong training programs, new agents are welcomed into an office with all the tools needed to succeed and the support of management as well as the seasoned agents willingly giving tips of the trade and often sharing listings for Open House opportunities. For over 15 years, when I am asked about what Real Estate company someone should list with, buy with or work with, my answer is 100% Tarbell, Realtors!

Great Real Estate Company

Excellent firm for both those starting out in real estate and seasoned real estate veterans. Much like any other real estate, or independent contractor, you eat what you kill. Training gives new recruits plenty of skills to succeed. Although not necessary, having a real estate license beforehand helps. There are startup costs but after one or two real estate transactions you should break even. Company holds various seminars, workshops, and other events to help you succeed - possibly more than what I've heard. Local branch managers want you to succeed and are very helpful resources. They also help rein you in to prevent any questionable activities. Coworkers are generally very helpful and friendly and there is a culture of mutual cooperation and success. For those that have difficulties with marketing or advertising, it can be a struggle in the beginning. Real estate and independent contracting jobs might not be for everyone.

Pros

free food at company events, helpful workshops/seminars, supportive management

Cons

lack of benefits due to independent contractor status

Family Values

Tarbell has been in business over 80 years and run by the Tarbell family. That family feel extends to each office and the managers are an incredible asset to the realtors they work with.

Alot of teaching classes and friendly environment

I love working for Tarbell Realtors I am proud to say I work for Tarbell Realtors. I love the office environment it is a friendly office. Tarbell offers a lot of teaching classes to stay on top of the market changes and to be a excellent Realtor they offer Legal help if needed for a fee and we do a lot of community events for the holidays and my co agents are all kind.

Pros

Free classes with food

Cons

hard to get customers consistantly

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Interviewing and Marketing

This was a part-time position. There was a lot to do each day, but much of the same type of work. Prepared for weekly manager meetings. Marketing each day, mailings, distribution of marketing materials The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day. Interviewing and giving them presentations. Enjoyed preparing students for the California State Real Estate Exam.

Pros

None. And, pay was much to low.

Cons

You had to deal with all types of personalities. At least 100 types of people, some very aggressive realtors. Some very nice.

challenging and competitive

As with any sales job that is commission only, it is going to be competitive. You have to be pretty much a self starter but Tarbell is right there with you and has many tools and classes to help you achieve and grow.

Pros

freedom to work at own pace

Cons

percentage cut before commission

A very satisfying and fun place to work. Colleagues are very cooperative and great people to be working with.

Being in this company, I feel like family. People have been really great, great friends and colleagues. Workplace culture is fun yet professional. Every one has been really supportive and great to work with.

Fun place to work

Answering phone call, set appointments to meet clients, sign contracts, submit and except offers for clients help them locate homes, hold open house to sell a home.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Self employed.

Great Broker to work for

Nice office environment. Good people. Upper management was awesome. Middle management was challenging. Great educational experiences with their internal classes to provide growth

Fun job, but runs into family time.

Make some phone calls, Emails a few people and maybe who some homes.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unpredictible, unethical people.

It's a family oriented company with lots of opportunity for professional development.

Tarbell, Realtors is one of the best real estate brokerage in the south CA. It provides extensive training to its people and encourages each individual to continuously develop its marketing strategies and increase sales potential. Most of the managers and salespeople are highly skilled in their field of specialization and offer a lot of support to newcomers. The people in the Corona office in particular can be described as warm and caring especially for the newcomers despite working in the field independently in most instances. They have excellent business and support system that provides its people to be more focus and highly organize in sustaining their individual real estate transactions. We work individually in a team work inspired environment through the support of the management.

Pros

Flexible working hours, free foods most of the time.

Open door workplace

Great learning experience, Flexible scheduling. Everyone in the office was courteous and helpful.

Pros

Always meeting new people. Great accomplishmnet potential.

Cons

A lot of hours and little pay; strictly commission

Great family owned business

* training *management * co - workers * friendly * family owned company

Pros

extra training

Cons

commission based

Exciting, Family owned company.

Management and owners are a pleasure to work with.Continuing education and support a big positive.

Pros

well equippied offices.

Terrific Place

No complaints, a great company, highly recommended on all counts. I wish the RE market hadn't turned south: I would still be there.

Pros

all good

Cons

nothing, nada, zero

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarbell, Realtors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2