Targa Resources Employee Reviews

great companhy
Corrosion Technician (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 19, 2019
great company with a good atmosphere
allows you to continue education and encourages you to do so
management is great they did a great job at hiring people the whole staff is awesome to work with
Pleasant place to work
Lead Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
A typical day at Targa Resources was pleasant, our payroll department worked well together, shared knowledge and processed payroll, entered data, maintained Benefits, auditing. Our accuracy was 99% we took pride in our work, reviewed for errors often, and being proactive was a valuable asset for our department. If we did make an error, we review why/how it happened and came up with a plan, new audit or review so we did not duplicate errors. Special processing usually had a small window to process including quite a bit of data entries. We would work around the clock to meet the deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, we all seemed to get along great, worked well together, Management had a wide variety of people with different work styles causing some employee conflict with employees as they did not always get the same treatment, opportunities and work schedules ((flex).
Pros
Executives are smart business men, they are friendly and cared about employees, communicated well with all employees. Good benefits, 401k Match and several Bonus program opportunities.
Cons
Managers of each department had separate work styles rules, caused some conflict between employees not have the same opportunities as another department.
You will have a job for life
Pipeline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eunice, NMDecember 29, 2018
Good place to work if you’re good at your job you may be stuck in that position unless you can find someone to replace you you may do 2 different job duties hard to find people to work them due to pay and housing
Pros
As long as you want a job you will have one
Cons
Works alot
Good company
Senior Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2018
Targa Resources is a very good midstream company. I really enjoyed working there.

I retired from the company after working more than six years to take care of my father.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of hours at work
Awesome place to work!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 15, 2018
It was such a good place to work at and so many good people. The pay was awesome, it was a good paced job and it was a easy learning job, which is a great!
great culture at this company
Engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 10, 2018
the work days were pretty flexible, you could come in from 6-10 in the morning as long as you were willing to stay later and got the work asked of you done.
Relaxed and easy going
Daylight Operator (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Training outside operators of their role and responsibilities, planning work, writing start up and shut down procedures for a fractionating natural gas.
Fun place to work while industry was rolling.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2018
Fun place to work until industry took a slight downturn and management looked at reducing workforce to compensate and I was laid off with one other, many changes at the top while I was there and this resulted in knee jerk reaction to reduce work force.
Good people
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJuly 6, 2018
Lots of different locations. Work is intense. they offer good training if you have the time to take it. Safety is taken very seriously. Management is always willing to help.
Pros
Always someone to help you
Cons
Some places can be very harsh to work in like the heat and cold.
Very family oriented, people work together very well
Operation Technician 11 (Current Employee) –  Cotulla, TXJuly 3, 2018
All in all I am very happy with the people I am working with. The pay needs to be higher to compensate for the expenses of staying away from home for 7days.
Pros
They take care of employees who have personal hardships occur
Cons
Low pay scale compared to anadarco plant that is next to Targa plant
Lacking In Accountability
Project Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXJune 25, 2018
I worked for Targa Midstream for 3+ years as a project engineer. In that time frame, Targa has consistently not treated safety and environmental concerns correctly.

Additionally, their method of upper manager has more to do with who you know, not what you know. It became a real issue when design codes are not followed and events occurs.
Pros
company truck
Cons
lack of skilled employees in proper management
Good Company
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Good atmosphere, good company to work for, doable hours of work.
little or no micro-managing. Compensation is standard. Learned a lot since started working here, two certifications working on a degree.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Could be a great company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2018
I was a little confused about this job. Manager spent the majority of his time in Houston. There wasn’t a very good description of exactly what my job duties were.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Uncertainty of job and duties
Great place to work.
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Mertzon, TXApril 24, 2018
Good work environment. Cares for their employees, allows growth and supported me during a transfer to another city. This company is large but personable.
great place to work
Industrial Engine Rebuilder (Former Employee) –  Mertzon, TXApril 3, 2018
for some one who is hard working the sky was the limit, managment was very incourageing, all managment was at retirement age they often said we would be takeing their place
Terrible management and antiquated processes
Purchasing Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2018
Management in SCM is completely closed off to any ideas for growth or to make processes more efficient and streamlined. Little to no contact with management, it can be months before I hear from any of them which is great if you’d like to avoid micromanaging, but terrible if you’re looking to grow or advance in any way. Get poor employee reviews for not going “above and beyond” but if you try to, your ideas and attempts will be shot down, keeping any opportunities for advancement or higher pay (or even feeling like a valued employee) completely off the table. Very monotonous work that starts to wear on you quickly. Other than the SCM group I feel this company is a decent place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Growing Company
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
The company has a lot of opportunity for growth, just not in the areas I was looking in. The bottom line is the most important. It is somewhat clique-ish.
very strong company in the marketplace
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2018
high volume of accounts payable which i am used to as i like staying busy not bored with nothing to stay be busy for 8 hours a day. great staff i worked with made many new friends and associates and 2 years later we still stay in touch we worked as a team and supported and helped each other when the need arose
Not clear in their job direction
Sr Application Specialist, Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2018
I was hired to inplement a consolidation and modify another DBA actitude within the users but it turned out that management depended on him and my recomendations where ignored.
In summary their most important products were Oracle databases and no member had knowledge of it which was one factor for my hiring, but there was no support nor enough timing for me to handle both Oracle & SQL Server. When I brought these issues to management they were mostly interpreted as complaints nor as points to be worked on.
Transportataion management is horrible
Liquefied Petroleum Gas Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 25, 2018
I've been working for this company through 3 name changes and for 23 years. It's in worst shape today than ever before. They have hired unqualified individuals for management positions that they have no experience, or education in.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours and work/life balance sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Targa Resources. Our community is ready to answer.