Target Careers & Employment - Working at Target
Work happinessScores based on about 16,556 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOBrian Cornell
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenuemore than $10B (USD)
- IndustryRetail & Wholesale
Food Preparation & Service
What would you say about your employer?
- What is your background? What is your work experience? Why do you want to work for us? -Whats a problem you had with a co worker and how did you resolve it? -Whats a time where you went above and beyond for a customer? -How did you work with a co worker or peer to finish a goal/project to meet a deadline?
Tell us about a time you and a coworker disagreed on something and what was the outcome
I interviewed for Guest Advocate (cashier/guest services/self checkout). They asked "Tell me about a project or task that you had a deadline for. How did you ensure you completed it on time?", "Tell me about a time a guest/customer was upset and how did you resolve it?", "Have you had a conflict woth someone or time that you disagreed with another person's views. How did you handle that?" If you don't have prior customer service experience, you can explain how you would plan to approach those situations or talk about a personal experience that is similar.
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Target?Published on May 24, 2021