Target Employee Reviews

Stressful work invoirnment
Warehouse Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 19, 2017
The management was always rude yelling at associates making for a stressed or difficult working indoor experience. Will never recommend target to any of my family or friends due to mnanagment or lack there of. Managers are unprofessional when speaking to warehouse associates
Pros
Good benefits
productive time management
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHNovember 18, 2017
I was a seasonal stocker at average I did 3 hours a day from 5 a.m.-8 a.m.(opening of store) usually 7 hours given at the max. workflow was fast paced due to a lot of things needed to be stocked before store opened
Pros
free lunches, breaks
Cons
fast paced to rushed
Dead end job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLNovember 18, 2017
Horrible place to work. They work the employees like slaves and offer no incentive or appreciation for them. They schedule you all kinds of crazy hours, one night your closing the next day you work early morning.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, no incentives, no benefits, no employee appreciation
Overnight
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2017
I work at Brooklyn Junction store 2212 this place is trash. Day Side does what they want meanwhile overnight has to constantly do double work. We leave thee stockrooms clean only to come back to pure mess.
I learned many strategies on how to lead a team.
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 18, 2017
A typical day at Target is a lot of fun, start coordinating with manager to see what needs to be done and the prioritize then organize with teams and work as a team to get the job done. The hardest days are the holidays it is supper busy and customer in a hurry so you have to be nice even when they are rude to you. the most enjoyable part is to see the results when we work hard as a team, and achieved goals.
Target is a well known retail company, with great products and pay less get more.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLNovember 18, 2017
Target, is a fun fast pace to work, must at all times work with a sense of urgency to get your job done in a timely manner. We have game night and other fun activities including barbecues and breakroom games etc. • Recommended, selected, and helped locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires. Average of 50 per day.
• Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Maintained records related to sales.
Pros
Sometime they provides free break meals and scramble games
Cons
15 mins break time is all you get, Healthcare offfers to full time worker and 401K match
Typical corporate job
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 18, 2017
It was great utilizing my customer service skills in an environment I was familiar with. However, with so much change with management within the corporation and store itself, there was no room for professional growth or advancement.
Convenient food court inside
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2017
Externship was short and unpaid. Difficult to learn all pharmacy technician duties at a typical retail type pharmacy in such a short time-frame. Friendly and caring management. Diverse colleagues from a multitude of backgrounds.
Good in school
Starbucks Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 17, 2017
a good place to go while in school looking to make extra money and not looking for very much hours. You have to have a college degree to really get far with the company but is somethihng you can do with the company.
Pros
Employees and guests
Cons
Cant have overtime, Dont see managment often
It was alright.
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 17, 2017
I only worked here briefly but the managerial team seemed super nice for the most part. Pay was a little low. Recently got offered a leadership/low level management position there that paid the same as my current line level job. Discount was okay. Pretty neutral experience overall. Mostly just a lot of nice people working there.
Pros
Nice Coworkers, Culture
Cons
Pay, Discount, Stress
Typical Retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARNovember 17, 2017
Average day was usual good. I was primarily a cashier but was given the opportunity to learn the Customer Service Desk. I liked that! The hardest part of the job was dealing with some management and a lack of communication. Occassionally, my hours were changed without being notified (like I read it, leave and it's changed). The best part was the variety in customers.
Pros
Free lunches, major holidays (Christmas/Thanksgiving) off
Cons
mild lack of communication
good
Human Resource/ Clerical Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 17, 2017
I liked working for Target. I was just ready for a more permanent position. I had a newborn baby and I need a more flexible schedule to accommodate my children and also insurance. But overall its a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone.
Above average work experience
Cashier/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PANovember 17, 2017
With TV, online, weekly advertisements changing constantly, it is hard to keep up with discounts and what is offered on sale on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude and smile all day as customers complain and management is constantly pushing higher sales.
Pros
Fellow team members
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. Difficult to request time off and impossible for a unplanned daily emergency.
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 17, 2017
I worked at target during the whole unisex bathroom thing, and I basically worked 1-2 days a week. The older employees felt that it was okay to make the newer employees do all the work and it was overall just a bad experience.
Pros
Three breaks and discounts
Cons
No hours
Great place to work while in school
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CANovember 17, 2017
As a High School student during my time working at Target, they worked well around my schedule. Work was straight forward and management really pushed you to do great. If you needed help they were there.
productive
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 17, 2017
really like working here. good hours and good people and many more perks of working here. got good hours and tim to spend with my daughter. would do it all over again.
A fun workplace that allows your full personality to be on display
Cashier/Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2017
The typical day involve us interacting with customers and leaving good impressions. I learn that being great with people can open many doors in life. The management was fair and they inspired positivity within the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was managing multiple customers, and the most enjoyable part was meeting a new person everyday.
Pros
Engaging with people
Cons
Going out in the rain
Good work place, loved the guests.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 17, 2017
The culture at target was pleasant, very organized and the management was extremely nice and understanding or certain personal situations. I was very happy to be an employee there.
Busy
Executive Team Leader - Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 17, 2017
On your feet all day. Fast paced retail environment. Pushes those who want to grow and do more. Structured in a way that sets you up for success. Work life balance is biggest con.
Pros
Cons
Work-life balance
semi productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILNovember 16, 2017
It was usually slow as a cahsier. They tried to be flexible with hours but itd always submit that I can only work a certain amount of hours due to school, but it went ignored. Got somewhat angry for calling off sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.