Target Employee Reviews

Found 35,924 reviews matching the search See all 37,491 reviews
Nice environment with great people.
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day at work would start off by me clocking in, and going into the back storage room to see what needs to be done first. I will then prioritize my list of things to do and start from there. I will jump into orders that need to be completed, as well as go help on a register if I am needed there. At Target I learned how to work together with a large staff to please all the needs of our guests. Also it is very important at Target for the guest to always have their need accommodated, and for them to get the best service at all times. I believe the hardest part of my job was to do online orders for guests within the thirty minute time frame, and help guests asking around the store at the same time. It got hectic because I would have an order of 30 or more items, but would also be receiving questions from guests. The best part of my job was getting to meet new people and having to have another work experience.
Pros
free lunches, 10 percent discount
Cons
short breaks
Great work
Hardlines, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Honestly, in general, a great place to work at.
When you do work your hardest you will definitely get the hours you want, they do work very well when you have a school which is great!
Stressful
Cashier/Order pick up (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I was given the opportunity to give them my availability, yet every week when I would check my schedule I was put on hours where I was not available and I would contact them and they said it would be my fault and that I had already given them my hours and that I could not be switching around which really upset me because I have other responsibilities at home.
Productive and fun
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 16, 2019
A lot of waking back and forth. 90% of your time will be on your feet! it can be a very fast pace environment.... I learn all my customer service skills from this company. It has helped me advance in other places do to this experience. Management during my time needed a little improvement. Great culture ..I made lots of friends here.. Hardest part was advancing to something higher since i had no college degree even though I had plenty of experience and knew the ins and outs of customer service and the way target ran...they rather invest from the out side instead with those that have already invested inside .. and to top it off they give them better pay. Example: i got hired as a cashier and got promoted in 6 months as a GSTL making 10.11 an hr and someone in my same position from the out side ... a week later got hired making $14.25 an hour. This person had no idea how to do the job or what target was about!! i was her trainer. Thanks to me she learned the ropes.

..... I loved the people..it made it my second home..and target would have several incentives for the team members like gift cards ,movie tickets and other.
Pros
fast and friendly people
Cons
low pay and chances of advancing are slim.
target review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Good environment. Store looks nice inside. Products are nice. Just the pay is minimum wage and you all the people that work there live with their parents or a spouse.
Great Teamwork and positive attitudes among-workers
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 16, 2019
Target was very busy throughout the Christmas season. Co-workers were helpful and understanding in training me to use cash register. Each day was very busy with tons of shoppers checking out, The hardest part of the job was getting the plastic bags open. It was also difficult to read the tiny numbers on the backs of the gift cards and key them in. The most enjoyable part of the job were the grateful customers that I was able to help whenever there was a problem. I also liked helping the parents out by keeping an eye on their children while they were doing self check out and giving the kids stickers!
Pros
Food was provided in break room on really busy days. Like Black Friday
Cons
My position was seasonal and they did not have a Full Time opening for me.
Monthly food incentives
CAFÉ ASSISTANT/MARKET/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 16, 2019
There is a calendar in the break room that has all of the special "Celebration" days. Like National Doughnut day, National Pizza day, and so on. At Christmas they give you makings for PB&Js.
Could Use More Zoning
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Overall laid back place to work. Management has their days. Could use more communication. Sales Floor could use a could organizing and zoning/recovery/conditioning.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Belittled
Work life at Target
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 16, 2019
Hi there,
Life at Target is like going to a place and your constantly shopping but you get help others find their unique style weather is clothes, make-up, or home design. No matter what you do you can always have fun.
free food
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 16, 2019
the team leaders are excellent..the store just remodeled a year ago. very clean environment. I like working with the co workers there..its the reason why I m still working there
Stressful
Outband and inbound Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 16, 2019
*Favoritism*. It's all about what the senior management like. It's really good place to see what mean favoritism and .they forced people to work overtime
Not a good place of work
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 16, 2019
Target is not a good place to work. Management is terrible and those who are promoted are not qualified to be managers. Hours are terrible and are cut in order to help upper management make money, not team members.
Seasonal Cut Early
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Was told 3 days before last day that seasonal employees (including myself) were no longer going to be working. I had called HR to ask if I would be working for the next two weeks, as coworkers were being laid off. She told me I would be and had nothing to worry about clearly I did as when I went to work a few days later I was told in the back room, not in an office, that as a seasonal employee my time was up. He told me it was nothing I did and I should reapply, but I will not be.
Fun work place and a good place to start
Meat/Produce/Food Member (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 16, 2019
Helped clean the isles and get the produce section ready.
Great fellow workers and a great place to learn how to work effectively and timely.
Fun environment and good atmosphere
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Forget working for target
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Friendly coworkers but the managers take advantage of employees, they hire huge amount of workers for seasonal positions and overwork them and have them compete with each other but you don't benefit from them. I was under constant stress of trying to impress my supervisors but will easily forgot your talent with minor mistakes. They rather highlight mistakes than achievements. Makes a person feel really guilty at the end of the day.
Great job
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYJanuary 16, 2019
You get to interact with not only customers but coworkers. Very productive and a fast paced environment. Definitely worth the job , excellent pay and respectful management.
Nice family-like environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 16, 2019
Being a cashier there is easy and simple to do, but It gets a little slow at times. Overall, other workers treat you very well and you never have to worry about your paycheck not being on time.
Pros
Easy, nice environment
Cons
Slow at times
Adequate
Target Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Working at Target was not too bad, but since I was working during the holidays it did get a little stressful at times. I didn't have any other real problems when working there. Everyone works together well and are very collaborative.
Pros
Good work crew, Not too stressful
Job position can change overnight without notice
Cashier/backroom (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 16, 2019
If managing to be spared the snap of the management and stay in the position that your got hired for its actually a decent place to work, very friendly team members and co-op team leads. However anyone in a position above team lead, like manager or store manager, tend to get "drunk on power" with no regard for team members, often demanding 20hr work loads to be done within an hour or less on a busy day. If you can get through that or have you team leader be on your side and understand its a fun place to work. Often have to do managers jobs along with your own job becasue they would rather sit around and talk to eachother all shift
Pros
during holidays they hire a taco cart for free tacos
Cons
job position can change overnight without any notice, unreal expectations
Very relaxed and fun working environment while still being productive.
Logistics Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2019
A typical day at work comprises of just roaming around the store stocking various shelves with different product. Hours are early in the morning, so a large portion of the job is before the store opens. Later halves of shifts comprise of storing and product in the back room or helping customers out on the sales floor. The management and team leaders are very kind. Workers are welcoming, and the overall feeling of the job is relaxed. It can get tedious, but it keeps you busy and constantly moving.
Pros
Welcoming people
Cons
Early hours, tedious work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight