Target Employee Reviews

Found 40,180 reviews matching the search See all 41,798 reviews
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAJune 19, 2019
Great place to work. Flexible hours available to employees. Management is understanding to availability, and don't mind helping an employee when needed.
Warehouse worker
Target corporations (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 19, 2019
Warehouse order picker in a fast moving environment working 11.5 hour shifts 6:00am - 6:00pm Saturday through Monday.
Poor business management where they treat their employees very poorly.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Horrible management
Extremely unsafe work environment
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJune 19, 2019
the back room of the location that i worked in was piled high with boxes blocking major isles, chemical spills, slippery debris all over the floor, heavy heavy pallets and boxes hanging over the edges of shelves. upper management didn’t care to do anything about it.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Fast pace retail industry
Flex Fulfilment (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2019
A typical day at work is fast pace. I was required to look for products in the back room and on sales floor. Once items were picked we have to pack the items on time for FedEx to pick up the packages. F
OK place to work
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 19, 2019
Never was a fan of Target and now after working there for a few months I dislike it even more. The people that worked there weren’t very friendly and I just didn’t care for the job in general
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 19, 2019
It was very enjoyable working on a regular day. At Target, We were on in this together, helping each other, and teaching each other new things! It was always nice to speak to guests and converse with them.
If you're looking for a part-time gig, this is the place!
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2019
If you're looking for a quick paycheck and an easy job then Target is the right place to be. Fast pace and quick problem solving is a plus so if you're up for the challenge, then this is the place to be.
productive and fun work place.
GUEST SERVICES, SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 19, 2019
overall a great work place, staff were excellent and very welcoming. Management made sure everything was done correctly, and amazing trainers. The target company is amazing staff an mangers are great they work with you until you feel like your ok to be on your own. There is no hard part about the jib you basically do what you have to do to get the job done. The most enjoyable part about target is the workers aren't so on your back all the time they tell you what needs to be done and they'll check back up on you in 2 hours or so to make sure you are ok or if you have any questions about what needs to get done.
Lots to do
Barista/Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNJune 19, 2019
Working at Target is good for the fast paced worker. Working at Target was difficult when it came to communication due to a lack there of managers for night crew.
Not the type of company I'd work for
Produce and Meat Department Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 19, 2019
For students or a seasonal part time job it might be ok. It's better than Walmart but I wouldn't consider Target if you were looking for a serious career in retail unless you were really desperate or have access to a very high position with good benefits.
Good place to work and good pay
Guest Service Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2019
I would've continued working here if I hadn't gotten a better opportunity, and if I would've been able to work full-time. The pay is great, the schedule is flexible.
friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXJune 19, 2019
great work space, flexible schedule, good management. always made sure to give out breaks, made sure i was educated about my work duties before going on the floor.
good environment to work at
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2019
my day would consist of using an android device to back stock products that needed to be stored on the back room and to scan products out of the back room locations so that they could be placed on the sales floor. I would help process online orders.
very fast paced work place
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2019
Nice place to work at but they never give you more than 30 hours a week, how ever the staff are very professional and friendly and customer sevice oriented.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work, almost no advancement.
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MI 48060June 19, 2019
target is a fun, easy place to work, but depended on location, you will not be able to grow career or position wise, due to business almost never promoting,and almost always hiring outside of store. you have to have 30+ weekly hours to be eligible for healthcare and benefits. very low hours is very common.
Pros
paid breaks, insurance
Cons
no advancement, must have high weekly hours for insurance
great place to work at with nice co-workers and good pay.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  39440 10th st WJune 19, 2019
Working at target was not difficult, i had good manages and coworkers.it was fast paste and reasonable to do list each shift for each employee and staff member .
Target is a good starter job for younger people starting out in retail.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJune 19, 2019
I was only there for a short time. I was a seasonal employee . I was asked to stay on but declined due to the lack of hours offered.I also felt that I had more to offer the company in another area but there was no openings at that time.
Pros
Management was very helpful
Cons
Job is meant for a starter job for the younger generation.
Fun Paced
Space Planner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2019
Great company to work for. Fast paced and very team oriented. They wanted all employees to be the best and they helped to achieve that through classes and meeting walkthroughs
Overall it was a fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2019
It was a easy job I just had to get use to standing for 8hrs. Target was my first real job I volunteered at a school store before but I didn’t have to stand up for that long but once I got the hang of it I was fine.
Pros
On holidays they gave us free lunch
Cons
My back was messed up and I had to stand that long so when I went on break it wasn’t long enough
Average. Nothing special.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 19, 2019
I don't have any strong feelings for the company one way or the other. The days were long and the pay was average. I found some of my co-workers to be engaging and the managers competent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

52%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss