Target Employee Reviews

22.8K
11.9K
Found 33,236 reviews matching the search See all 34,769 reviews
not a good fit for me
Executive manager—Customer service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2018
There was one month training For managers at target. I trained in all areas of customer service, operations, overall store management, and logistics. Retail wasn’t my fit
Worse Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 22, 2018
The store manager is great, he's the only manager who seems to care about his job. The other managers do not care at all, they do not show any support, they just walk around laughing and taking their time while seeing team members struggle. Some of them have even made team members cry, which is unacceptable and it just shows lack of management. It's like they do not even know how to hire people, people who don't even bother to show up. The only good thing about this place is the pay. But is the stress even worth it?
Pros
pay, breaks
Cons
Everything else
Working for Target
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 22, 2018
I personally wouldn't recommend Target as a company to work for unless you are planning to go into management. Target is one of those company's where you have a Bachelors degree and plan on being in Human Resources or any type of high leadership for a company.
Productive and organized workplace
Stock select (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2018
Throughout the work day a worker would be on cleanup duty if there were no boxes to be filled with items. A typical work day included stocking boxes with customer items and placing on the convener belt. The overall workplace was a fast- paced environment. The best part of the job was being competitive with coworkers and having a good day at work.
Pros
Going in early to come out early
Cons
short breaks, bathroom breaks
Meh
RETAIL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Coworkers were alright but management would cut hours and cut down on employees while we were understaffed which left the leftover workers stressed out.
Pros
some cool people
Cons
overworked, undercompensated
Nice entry level job to start a career.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2018
Working at target was very easy-going. The staff were engaged and very respectful. Working there was nice, the only downside was when the day slowed down and there wasn't much to do.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 22, 2018
Target is a great company to work for . The work is very easy . I packed orders all day within a timely manner . When we were short staffed I had to go take in online orders
Pros
Big break room
Cons
Short break
Cool
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 22, 2018
It was a nice job I just couldn’t balance things with and I didn’t like the position they put me I. I didn’t apply for it I had 3 Jobs at that time and had checked back into school
A typical day at work
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Put clothes where they belonng and assist guest. Great place for teenagers to work. Great discount and my superiors were superb. I Enjoyed the experience
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not enough hours
great place to work
In-stock and Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Edge water, COSeptember 22, 2018
All in all good environment..Fun at times. Work load a bit
too much. My day was warehouse/ logistics but never quite clear as to what was expected first.. Logistics was my best duty to be done.. I was fast and efficient.. Back warehouse a little too much .Inventory scanning and unloading trucks made it for a hard day. Would have liked a little more training on hand scanners ,phones.computers. Team player a must to insure all work done on time. Management was at most fair.. I didn't see too much of the management on a daily bases.. But when I did see, them they were very polite and friendly. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers and that I did look forward to going to work at Target.. I would recommend
and have recommended friends and family member to work at Target. I would like to continue to work at Target as it is most likely becoming the number one favorite store to shop at.
Pros
Friendly environment and okay pay
Cons
Heavy work for my size..
Very poor management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
The management at Target was very poor, they treat their employees with disrespect and do not value the experience that their associates brought with them to their position.
It is a good place to work at.
Softlines Team Member/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 22, 2018
I was literally the best worker there , was also seasonal , i don't understand why they dropped me when they told me that they were going to keep me. I like target but the managers were mean.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
no more than 5 hours you get to work
Fast fun and friendly
Specialist brand (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 21, 2018
My reviews were outstanding of my job performance! Team player was outstanding! Following orders and giving directions to other worker in a timely manner and respect. Fast pace worker. Attendance is important to me. Give my all to my employer while I am working.
Pros
Work with schedule!
Cons
Communication could be a little better!
Fun place to work
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Tense at times to meet a dead line. Fun activities at times and team members become a family. There are opportunities for one to grow. Accountability is high.
Friendly Management, Good Pay
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 21, 2018
I worked at the Starbucks in Target.
I started a week before Black Friday and it felt like my training was very rushed.
The management was very good and professional but also friendly and easy to talk to.
There's a lot of diversity and coworkers were easy to get along with. I always felt so welcomed when walking in to work.
I worked alone a lot of the time and it's very hard to run an entire Starbucks by yourself. I had to somehow be up front to make drinks for customers but also wash dishes in the back. I couldn't be in the back for more than a minute at a time because a customer might show up and I can't keep them waiting. I wish they would have hired more people, or at least have two people scheduled for closing.
I really enjoyed when I was working with at least one other person and there was a steady pace of customers. Time would fly right by. I really didn't enjoy working alone because it was too much work for one person. It was also just so boring and a bit depressing.
Pros
Great management, Good pay, Friendly staff
Cons
Too much work for one person
Fast Paced
Apparel/Accessories Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 21, 2018
Very fast paced, must keep up with the pace. Dress code very lax, can wear jeans on saturday and sunday. Pay is good, $12.50 an hour. Hours very flexible
opening boxes
Stock Clerk, Merchandise Handler (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 21, 2018
open up the boxes from the truck then stock them on shelves. Always greet the customers when they come in and see if the need help with finding anything.
Pros
nice people
Cons
2 trucks twice a week sometimes
Great for young people starting out
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Target has better pay than other grocery/department stores. I worked logistics (mostly back-end, inventory, stocking) and it is vastly different from the floor staff. My work mainly consisted of unloading the delivery freight and stocking the products on a daily basis. Normal workday started at 4am and ended whenever we were done. Worked there for a little over 2 years and the only complaint would be the constant change in management and protocol. Pretty much management from different departments disagreeing with each other which made our job harder than it should be. All in all, decent place to work if you are just starting out.
Pros
Flexible, decent pay
Overnight stocking.
Overnight flow team member (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I worked from 4am to 8am unload truck. Then re-stock floor. Really good people. I enjoyed the job, and wished I could have stayed there working part time. I needed the 40 hours.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough hours
An overall feeling of accomplishment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 21, 2018
As a Cashier it is quick paced, which made your shift go quickly. I learned to be quick but efficient when checking out guests. The management were extremely approachable and very supportive. The workplace culture was welcoming. I found being a cashier a job that was not hard to complete the necessary job requirements. The most enjoyable part of being a Cashier was meeting knew people and revisiting with returning quests.
Pros
Lunch breaks were provided in a timely fashion
Cons
Guest that were having a bad day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss