Target Employee Reviews

Found 30,941 reviews matching the search See all 32,451 reviews
good place to work, part time
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
It was ok working in target. There was a little bit of mismanagement of time. Good people, good benefits, and plenty of time to relax. Unapproachable goals issued by supervising leaders made it very hard to keep up with expectations. Inefficient methods on back stocking made the process that much harder. The team leader will schedule you for a certain amount of hours and expect you to want to work longer and then get upset if you leave on time. This is only in regards to consumables. I am sure the other departments were fine.
Pros
Good benefits, plenty of breaks, good people.
Cons
unachievable expectations, mismanagement, poor usage of scheduling
Great for a first job
guest service representative (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJune 22, 2018
Target is a temporary job for a high school and college students unless on wants to pursue a job in management and/or business. Other than that it does it's job for pocket money and those trying to get a job during school
Pros
Discounts
pretty good team
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 22, 2018
little team got to know my coworkers. As a team member, there was a lot of responsibility, and this job required great leadership skills. I would help guests and make sure the sales floor looked clean at all times. The guest was always right and with that policy, I delivered the best customer service at the guests’ request. I also had to train new employees in my department.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 22, 2018
managers are very young and were not serious about training. we had certain goals to reach each night but with all the unsafe picking locations and warehouse issues, it was hard to reach your goals each night. sometimes you come in for your regular 10 hr shift and 2 hrs before you get off they will come tell you that they decided to do mandatory 2 extra hrs. good paying tho
Cons
mangers inexperienced, too many injures
Rewarding work environment with amazing coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 22, 2018
All of the workers are so eager to welcome you into the work place. You are truly able to create friends. Although guest service is difficult to manage, the tasks and their outcomes are rewarding
Pros
Target discount
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 22, 2018
Managers is inappropriate with customers and employees. I was doing manager jobs and felt I was not getting paid enough for the work I was doing. Business was usually slow
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, inappropriate
meh
Target- Guest Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 22, 2018
it sucked high key and was not a fun experience. I really wouldnt recommend it unless you you enjoy being called 24/7 to clean up someone elses mess. It sucked
It's ok
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
I've been with the company for 4 years now,target is a geart place to work.only thing is lack of hours.im am 33 years old with 2 children my job title there is price accurcy im only getting 15-25 hours not enough for a place of my own.
Fantastic!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 22, 2018
I loved working at Target. The managers were all so nice and helpful. I loved working on projects with my co-workers. It was always a fast paced environment, but I enjoyed that about the company.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low salary
productive workplace
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
Working at Target overnight was really fun and laid back at times. Most of all the team members that worked with me were awesome. Every year around June there is a Target appreciation day at Great America.
Pros
10% discount on anything in store
Cons
cant leave on break
Typical Day
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 22, 2018
Report to work. Unload trailer by 6 am shelve products until 11 am. Help other team members if area isn't finished, or help guest locate items.

Teamwork.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Hours
It is alright.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 22, 2018
Target is okay for a first out of highschool job, but I would definitely not recommend it as an only career move. It tires you out too much after a while of working weeks in a row in different areas.
Pros
People, breaks
Cons
Hours, pay, inconsistency
The pay is great, but the hours are questionable
Starbucks Barista/Cashier/ Cafe Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIJune 22, 2018
Target was a great place to work, but the environment is changing. More work is expected out of less people in a short amount of time. Work days are on average 5 hours with a work week of 20 hours. Everyone is scrambling for hours and many need a second job to live on. It can be very demanding and stressful. However, I've always experienced a team that is supportive of each other like a family to help each other get through the stress.
Pros
Target Discount, good for a part-time job
Cons
stress load is high, hard to get enough hours
decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
The most difficult part of the job was balancing the company policy of being "clean, fast, and friendly" while at the same time repeatedly asking if they wanted a target red card.
a fun workplace
Sales Associate (Overnight Flow) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2018
It was fast-paced.
a fun workplace.
diverse environment.
management was fair.
how to sort clothes.
hardest part was staying awake.
I don't have anything else to say, moving on.
Pros
environment
Cons
healthcare
fun
Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 22, 2018
a place to grow mentally this place is very unique because they give you a chance to grow the take pride in their work and value their products they allow you to be you
Diverse work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORJune 22, 2018
It was a nice place to work. It was good for a first official job. Holiday times were especially stressful but that is to be expected. I did have issues with over scheduling regularly as well as my coworkers.
Poor Management and pay, decent co-workers.
Receiving Specialist/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 22, 2018
Management wasnt terrible if you didn't deal with them often. What made the job bearable was knowing that all your co-workers were in the boat with you.
Stressful
Perishables Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2018
Target, is a nice place for your first job. A job to get in and get out as soon as you can. Very Stressful and management is very poor and unfair. Team members are not treated with respect. I did, however, learn how to solve problems without a manager to be able to become a better leader.
Stressful but fun position. Lots of creative wiggle room.
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 21, 2018
I enjoy the work I do I just don't enjoy where I do it (location wise). My fellow leaders really respect each other, and I feel very valued in my position and very respected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.2K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss