Target Employee Reviews

Found 37,505 reviews matching the search See all 39,180 reviews
It wasn't what it could’ve been.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 19, 2019
Unloading freight by placing the merchandise on labelled pallets, stocking shelves by department, and keeping my work area clean. I learned how to keep invetory in proper rotation.
Pros
Paid smoke breaks.
Cons
Pay rate was mediocre.
Growing pharmacy that was on the west side of columbus
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2019
Over-all my experience at Target wasnt that bad. There was a lot of turn over with pharmacy managers. Our core team of techs and pharmacists was amazing. The customers on the west side were usually very difficult to deal with. The DEA was at our location quite a bit and there were a lot of arrests due to violence towards staff and fake prescriptions.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Clientele
Target is OK
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 19, 2019
Target management was good. My manger had a good vision of what he had in mind for the store and inspired his employees to work with him. When it came to helping solve problems in my department he did slightly struggle and left me blowing in the wind. Overall the store was ok.
Good part time job
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMarch 19, 2019
Pretty easy to learn positions, depending on position works pretty well with your schedule. They are just starting to have a lot of restructuring so there are a lot of jobs being cut.
Pros
looks good on resume
benefits
Nice place to work if you’re not a minor
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 19, 2019
I was a minor age 17. I applied to work during the summer and i didn’t get in until a week before school began but the whole point of applying in summer was to have a summer job. Once I worked there I realized that I was barely getting any hours in about 3 minimum and 8 max WEEKLY. My checks were usually around $90 mind you we were paid biweekly so I would barely make anything. I was constantly asking for more hours but never received any so I ended up quitting.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad hours
Senior Team Lead
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 19, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Target. I started in high school and never intended on staying for 12 years. I left due to unforeseen opportunity and leaving was difficult due to the great leadership and personal development they provided me.
Was better
sales foor (Current Employee) –  Algoma, WIMarch 19, 2019
So not have any at this time. Can be a good place to work. With all the new changes and more to come don't know whats going to happen at all the targets.
Great co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 19, 2019
Great co workers. Yearly pay raises. Fast paced work environment. Unload stock one truck per shift. Originally working 40 hours per week, change in management, then working 24 hours
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Fun workplace and always doing something
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 19, 2019
I love my job at target! I’m always doing something and never just sitting down!!The management is nice and very understanding of my school schedule and work flexibility!
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours during some slow months
Mediocre
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2019
This is a mediocre place to work at. Specifically the one i work for. Through 1 year, team leader of mine was replaced 4 times and there were long stints in which my department had to manager. Half the management does not actually work, case and point being previous STL of this site was fired for having skimmed hours of employees schedule so they can have larger checks.
Pros
there are none, they offer nothing.
Cons
management is not transparent and incredibly unrealistic
it's a big box store
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2019
target's fine. If you're used to big box retail you know what to expect. Management is generally pretty relaxed and not pushy about getting sales. A lot of Target's money comes from groceries and clothes and other things people don't need to be upsold on, so I wasn't pushed to sell extra accessories or warranties or things like that.
Fast pace/stressfull
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 19, 2019
Very enjoyable job! Very demanding on your body. Co workers are very helpful, good company with discounts to work with.

Wear comfortable clothing as well you will get dirty.
Fun and fast
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2019
A great place to work for. As long as you work hard you will be able to grow professionally. Loved the team. The company is doing well which makes it more exciting to work for.
Really awful
Register worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 19, 2019
I wanted to be able to work at target and say that I loved it, but I dreaded going into work. The people who worked there were not really that nice or welcoming.
Good Salary But Bad Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMarch 19, 2019
I felt like I got paid a reasonable amount but the managers are rude and don’t seem to care about the employees. My manager has said a ton of microaggressions and racist comments towards me. Not a fun place to work at and on top of all that they cut peoples hours and are very inconsistent. Also they recently changed the store manager at the Fitchburg location (which is where I worked) and he is also very rude to his employees.
good temp job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 19, 2019
Nice upbeat job. Competitive during holidays. Was promoted within. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Clean. Provided adequate supplies and resources for employees.
Pros
structure, teamwork
Cons
pay
target
Guest Services/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 19, 2019
i liked working at target for the most part. although i did not like that they hired from outside the store for management opportunities, i think the should have hired from within.
It was a good place to work but I couldn’t build a career there
Consumables Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 19, 2019
I liked target it was a good place to work.I juss couldn’t build a career there.They didn’t give any over time and the pay wasn’t that good.The only part that was good was that my manager was a good understanding manager
easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, CAMarch 19, 2019
great part time job for a student. can work as a full time job if hours are available. i worked here as a seasonal job during the fall and winter. some weeks i had 38 hours, some weeks only 20 hours.
Pros
easy, discount
Cons
can work late at night
Worst place ever
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Midway, GAMarch 19, 2019
Target Distribution in Midway Ga is the worst company to work for. They definitely don’t care about any of there employees when you get hurt on there time they are a bunch of slave driving people with no experience in anything if you read this stay away the money isn’t that great for the bs you deal with you are maxed out in 2 years hope you don’t work there for 20 years good luck. The only good thing about it is the name Target.They definitely show favoritism Junky equipment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

511K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight