Target Employee Reviews

Found 34,508 reviews matching the search See all 36,053 reviews
its worth it if youre between jobs
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2018
But this place will eat you alive if you stay too long. Ive made some friends working at target but I’ve come across multiple team leads who are very contradicting
Pros
You get to work friends
Cons
Leadership and toxic retail
Overnight Logistics Flow Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 18, 2018
work and retail experience; at times, a fun place to work; extremely productive; and employee discounts (hourly salary wages have increased since my 2011-employment where my salary was $8.50 per hour as a cashier).
long hours, cutthroat, junk equipment, management is horrible.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 18, 2018
Horrible place to work, cold in winter, hot in summer. try to fire you for anything. junk equipment. cannot make your pick rate. supervisors show favoritism towards employees. a lot of nasty people. very, very unsafe place to work. you are just a number. they make you work all holidays. a lot of walking to breaks, cannot drive equipment there. cutthroat management and employees. go on welfare before you work there!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything!
Great starting job if you can handle large workloads and high amount of stress
Food Expert (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 18, 2018
Working at Target isn't for everyone, but it worked for me. My coworkers are amazing, the environment was quite inviting and understanding most of the time. The only real issues I had was sometimes the workloads for one person were too large to get done in a single shift, but you couldn't work over 40 hours in a week, and it would bother me when I wasn't able to get all my work done because I was only able to be allowed to work so much in a week. The managers can be hit or miss, but even then they are usually understanding and helpful. Target is definitely stress-inducing, but if you can handle that, you'll be fine working there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Large workloads with little time.
Friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC 27530November 18, 2018
I have not worked there long but have enjoyed every minute.There are long days sometimes and it is a different atmosphere than most companies. Everyone is for the most part friendly, on occasion not but not everyone has a great day. I have many other interviewees tell me that they love it that everyone is soo nice. I think this is a great job to grow into. It is a great starter job for the business profession and hopefully I will move up in this company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits for part-timers
nice place to work
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 18, 2018
I liked working at Target. I started right before the holiday season. I learned how to stock the shelves, set up different displays and run the cash register.
A typical day at work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 18, 2018
Great atmosphere, customer comes in daily and you get to brighten up their day by putting a smile on his/her face. I also learned that you can just be happy anytime as long you stay positive.
Pros
Great discounts and deals.
Cons
Schedule sometimes are hard to change because of the 90 days probation but so far its moderate.
Target
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 18, 2018
Target is a great place for youths to start out in their careers. It is a place that thrives on energy, encourages quick thinking and on the fly solutions to problems, and promotes from within, ensuring that those who have spent time with the company can move up.
Pros
Discount on wide range of merchandise from everyday needs to things anyone would may occasionally
Cons
Dependency for an open schedule makes working multiple jobs difficult.
Planogram Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2018
Target is a gateway to any job afterwards. I say this because Target is a very successful company and it is always busy so we are constantly on our feet helping any guest with questions. Working with teams is crucial but you make the best friends ever. I think the hardest part of this job was not enough hours sometimes that made us worry about our daily lives outside of work. Overall this job is a great retail experience with new openings and a fun place to work.
Pros
High raise
Cons
Work hours
Good vibes
Overnight Stockers (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 18, 2018
They help when u need it alot of work to make ur time go pass and the stuff already come boxed and ready for u and the pay is great and the care about there employeess so u will want to work there and u get a discount
Great for an in between job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2018
Advancement is limited and unlikely. They are more likely to string you along at a lower position for sometime before offering you a promotion. Seniority means nothing.
Pros
They offer free food on special occasions
Cons
there is little advancement
Target Perimeter
TEAM MEMBER/TRAINER/VM (Former Employee) –  100 Perimeter Center PlNovember 18, 2018
Management at this Target is terrible. There is no way to fix it because corporate does listen. These Managers have no respect for employees. Especially HR. They want you to bend over backwards for them just so they can spit in your face.
Pros
Discount
learning
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 18, 2018
When I worked for Target I did the Customer Service desk,food court, cashiering, and sales floor/fitting room. The only bad part about the job was the hours and not set schedule
Pros
learning new things, discounts, and
Cons
slow advancement and schedule
Working within Target
WIRELESS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 18, 2018
I was actually part of the mobile department that was separate from Target. The store employees always seemed to be hustling from one place to the next whilst I was stationary in the location given. It was a very relaxed position with times of busyness, if your an online college student or just need a basic job this is a good fit.
Cons
no room to grow
Great Culture and Working Environment
Cashier/Guest Services/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
Great culture, everything is fast paced especially around the holiday time. The benefits are great and if you plan to move up, this isn't a bad company to do it in. Just have to be on top of management and show them you want to move up.
Pros
Great perks, flexible scheduling, and benefits
Cons
Team leads put a lot of stress
Great
Cashier/Cust omer Service (Former Employee) –  2600 mall rdNovember 18, 2018
They have a nice friendly team. Mangers some of them sucked. Other than that it was a nice place to work and do what we can for our guest. don’t have and complaints it was a good job at the time .
Target was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 18, 2018
Made alot of lasting friendships when I worked at target. When I first started they really looked out for there employees. And after about 4 years that stopped and we just became # to them.
Pros
Every other weekend off great benefits
Cons
you were treated like a Number
Company future bleak!
Executive Team Leader - Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 18, 2018
In my experience, Target is more interested in their young, trendy image and does not value loyalty, integrity, hard work or experience. " Expect more pay less" is not just a company catch phrase, this also accurately describes the store culture and working environment. Often you are expected to compromise your integrity to achieve company goals. There is an apparent lack of respect for team members from management which seems to be a common theme in many stores!
Pros
salary, benefits, 401K
Cons
Upper management, company culture, team morale, lack of support from business partners
Relaxed & simple
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDNovember 17, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal work & the experience was mostly good. I worked on the sales floor which was one of the easiest jobs & never stressed me out
Pros
Associate discount card, good amount of work hours, and good pay
Cons
N/a
Not a terrible place to work but not the best either
Seasonal Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHNovember 17, 2018
I worked here seasonally. Upon being hired I was told they were going to keep me on after the holidays and when I asked for that to be put in writing they said no. When the time came they decided not to keep me which I feel violated a verbal contract. Like many retail positions I feel like they expect too much and value their employees too little.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Lack of respect, Not great pay, High stress/High workload with little recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably