Target

Target Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate386 reviews

Found 386 reviews matching the searchSee all 62,700 reviews
storeguretailmemberguestcashierteamdiscount

Good place to work with some benefits

Target is a good place to work while in school or even just as a way to earn extra income. The hours are flexible with outside schedules and is not very labor intensive. As a cashier you are able to communicate with guests and it helps pass the time. Working on the floor is not as fun. There is not as much guest interaction which slows down the time you are there.

was okay

Worked during busy holiday season. It was good pay and most of the time worked long hours due to short staffing. Management and environment was okay.

Target insights

Based on 38,668 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Its alright

Working a seasonal job here was alright. They did make me work some wonky hours. You can definitely feel if they are going to chose to keep you or not. There was a bit of favoritism with certain team leads. Their backroom is very organized ill give them that.

Your next job afterwards will need to have Mental Health resources in place for you.

Literally the most terrible and awful experience that I've had with working over 12 years. Awful management, awful workload, and will all but tackle you for bringing up unions even in a joking sense. Feel terrible for some of the amazing coworkers that I had that have still chosen to stay even though they hate it. Stay away at all costs, if you can.

Goes okay with the right leader. Standard retail job

Your pretty standard retail job. Most time was spent moving product onto shelves and keeping it neat while helping customers. Generally seemed like there was always too much to ever catch up on, though the work itself wasn't too stressful. Ending up with one of the bad team leads could have you scattered in multiple directions throughout a day. Never wanted to give enough hours. Sometimes only working twice in a week despite asking for as much as is possible. Coworkers were decently dependable, though often calls to help registers were frequent and often left unanswered until someone was either forced into it, or one of the willing few piped up.

Pros

Friendly Environment, Mostly consistent tasks

Cons

Bad hours, Mixed management

Horrible place to work for an introvert

I've always loved shopping at Target, but that all changed when i worked there. They overwork you and want you to be perfect at everything that you do. They criticize everything in a very passive aggressive way. Don't get me wrong the seasonal pay was good, but the full time employee always had this weird passive aggressive vendetta against you. Don't make this your first job because all there is are cliques and horrible team leads that ask for too much.

Pros

good overtime pay

Cons

horrible discount, bad coworkers, no room for mistakes

Easy Job

Target was decent place to work, I made $15 as a seasonal worker and didn't have much communication with other workers. Which made the job boring somedays but i did enjoy my own time.

Pros

easy work

Cons

boring

Chill place

Worked here a few years ago as a seasonal cashier, really enjoyed it. Nice people to work with and had a good time overall. Good for a seasonal or part time job

Amazing environment

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful whenever you need it. The training was great and very easy to keep up with. Target is a very inclusive place.

Very good for a customer service-type job

Their pay of 13$/hour at the time I worked there is very generous, but their very picky about who they keep from their seasonal team. I believe they hire a lot of seasonal personnel, and keep like 2-3 of the very best people and hire those on full-time. Overall, great place to work if you're willing to work very hard and diligently every single day.

Good starting job

This job is a great place to work, especially during seasonal times. There is always work to do, and you get to move around and see more of the store. And the pay is great.

good

good great environment full of knowledgable people and ready to learn. Everday i learned something new to overall help me grow as worker. They take pride in how they help.

Management could've been better, okay hours

It was an okay place to work for a first job...I was seasonal and some coworkers were rude because of it. The pay was okay, hours were meh. Some coworkers were nice

Warning: Burnout will occur

Took a seasonal position, decided to stay because I needed money but on "on-demand" only, and ended up becoming burnt out due to management. Warn others.Also would like to share that I was threatened to be "fired" because I worked past my fifth hour, and clocked outright at it.... while my manager controlled the break sheet in my department. There is a huge "power-trip" issue in management and it's disgusting. All of the team leads act like managers and bark orders, while the managers act like store owners. The pay is NOT worth the treatment.

Basic big brand retail job

Worked softlines, same thing everyday, repetitive and monotonous and pay was minimum wage, but if you needed hours you could get as many as you needed.

Fun

Fun place to work- sometimes wish they could offer more hours, there is a little bit of drama but if you stick to yourself and get your part done you will do fine.

Experience Depends Greatly on Management

As per most part-time jobs for large companies, management is a crucial part of the employees experience at that company. I had some great managers, and had some who being a Target Team Leader was the highlight of their 30+ years of life and they had a stick up their butt about everything, without good reason. Pay was great though, and so were the coworkers.

It’s fun when the managers have a good day

Being a seasonal worker I didn’t get to see the entirety of how everything worked. It was fun I picked what I wanted to do for the most part. Helped some customers here and there and shift was over.

Fun at first

I loved Target but just like with any retail job, there are pros and cons. It was very fast paced, but in a good way, however there is little to no room for growth, management was not the best and there was always drama.

Pros

Paid breaks, good compensation

Cons

Management, non-flexible scheduling

big expectations with little reward

super unrealistic expectations for what we’re capable of achieving in a certain amount of time. my manager seriously got mad at me for not finishing a pallet in 30 minutes. that’s not all of the managers though, some managers and most coworkers were really cool and helpful.

Pros

free stuff in break room sometimes

Cons

stressful and tiring

Very nice and Inculsive

I had a lot of fun working here! It was really overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's the best! The staff is diverse and respectful of pronouns and identity. They respected my gender identity and made me feel included in everything. I saw no different treatment due to how I identified!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Target with

• Target
  • Seasonal Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?