Target

United States58,461 reviews

Found 58,461 reviews matching the searchSee all 60,360 reviews
guhourcustomamazememberbenefitco-workeravail

it is an ok job

At first, i loved my job here at target which is flexbile fulfillment, i enjoy working with the team. The management doesn't know how to manage employees and are very rude. All they care about is themselves because they make better pay and numbers. Im thinking about leaving but I don't know if I should leave just because they don't treat us right.

Pros

Free lunches, Multiple breaks, an OK pay

Cons

bad management, less hours, rude customers (sometimes)

Bad hours and supervisors

There a certain supervisors who do nothing and don’t check on their team at all and just kind of leave them to figure stuff out themselves. They don’t give you good hours unless you’re one of the managers favorite workers. Sure the pay sounds good but when they work you one or two days it’s better to just work somewhere else.

I miss Target

I loved working for Target I even miss it. I left because I moved and Target at the time did not have space but if willing I’d do back in a heartbeat.

A steady paying job. Great coworkers. Good hours if you ask for them and they will give you time off if anything comes up and is needed. It’s a good environment to be in.

Hard Work/Life balance

Great company for promotion and movement within the company, but must be willing to work long hours and most weekends for this growth in the company.

Nightmare hours

Fine for people who need plenty of hours, but I was a full time student. They gave me 10 hours over what I requested weekly. Good luck if you're on drive-ups because they'll have you out in the worst weather imaginable without a care in the world.

Pros

Free lunches on holidays

Cons

Overworked, belittled, short breaks

The pay is decent but management isn't

Honestly I feel the pandemic really ruined the work environment here. So many managers have hastily been hired. A lot of them don't know how to manage stress and interact with employees in a respectful manner.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

micromanging and poor work environment

Nice place to work

I loved working at the target warehouse. Probably the easiest job I had. Nice pay for the tasks. Tasks are easy and promotions are easy. Very lenient but attendance matters. However, working with coworkers are a problem. Job becomes very "high school ish" after a while. Favoritism and cliques typical warehouse environment. Just focus on the job and stay to yourself.

Pros

Pay, job is easy

Cons

Work environment, co- workers

Productive can be fun sometimes

Under paid for the amount of work to be done. No overtime when you want but overtime when they want overtime. Need to pay more hourly. Insurance too expensive

Pros

Good hours during the week

Cons

Not paid enough

Good first job

It’s good for a first job but gets tiring after a while. Management sucked in my location and they expected so much. It got pretty stressful at times especially around holidays.

cool place to work

cool place to work, had some problems with hr but nothing to serious. also wanted to get my hours changed for school because i worked there for the summer and they made it hard to do so.

It’s okay

It’s honestly okay and I just wish the people would be real with you and not be fake. It’s hard to trust the leaders and managers real intentions and if they mean what they say and they all have favorites. Very busy to work at

Fun but can be very busy

Easy but can get extremely busy and feel overwhelmed at times. Sometimes they make you work where you didn't apply for. They are extremely flexible but that can also depend.

Poor Leadership

I’ve worked for this company 2 years and when I first started it was amazing, but overtime a lot of the management has changed and it’s become a toxic place to work. I started working in shop from store and hands down that was my favorite position, I was the fastest picker and on par next to the fastest packer. After 6 months they offered me a position as a DBO, which basically means I have my own area of the store, I stock the floor, I set sale plans, and answer calls for my department. I was promised I would always have 40 hours a week with chances for OT. I now work two areas of the store, for the same amount of money. I didn’t ask to have two departments, but other positions quit and instead of hiring a new employee they dumped the responsibility on me stating it’s the only way to keep my “40” hour work weeks. Which is laughable because for the last 4 months I’ve only been getting 32 hours a week. So now I work my schedule around that. Now they always offer me to stay a few hours later everyday and have called me into the office multiple times for “not being more flexible.” I have a life outside work, I have two daughters, a wife and 3 animals and a house to take care of. I have told them on many occasions that my whole life revolves around the hours they schedule. My wife’s work schedule as a dispatcher is also worked around my schedule. I can’t just stay late. The real icing on the cake is the management plays favorite. Many employees do significantly less work than others and get employee of the month, or get a bonus around the holidays. Any issue you report never -

Benefits

Cons

Workload, poor leadership, favoritism, pay, hours

Somewhat good place to work

Has it’s ups and downs, management sucks coworkers are chill asf. If they implemented a more strategic way of dealing with pay and overall employee wellness the company would be perfect

Fun workplace

Fun workplace. Managers are okay. Some favoritism. I had great coworkers though. Managers leave a lot of responsibility up to part timers. Should’ve been paid more for the guests i dealt with

Fun workplace, low staffed.

Target is overall a great work environment and job. However, in our current peak of being low staffed, it is very hard to get work done. Not having enough people to complete tasks is difficult and I wish it was easier.

Pros

Good breaks, free items in break room, friendly staff

Cons

Strict availability

Prepare to be work like an animal

When I first was hired I really looked forward to working for Target. The managers seemed so nice at orientation, but that was all a facade. The high pay rate doesn't mean you'll be making good money; they do not give you hours. No hours, but will work the heck out of you. As a stocker, you sometimes only have a few hours to work, but they push you hard for perfection although realistically you can not always finished everything in little time. You can not leave until everything is done even on 8 hrs shifts. On these 8 hrs shifts you may never have time for your 2nd fifteen minute break. Bottom line, the hard work is not worth the little pay. If you are interested in extreme labor be my guest.

Pros

Overnight positions

Cons

Hard labor, little hours

N/a

The job is super funny and silly and great work life balance and horrible managers and it’s fun and lots of friends and memories to be made definitely work here

It’s a no for me

This company only wants the work done no matter what it takes or if it overwhelms you when there is minimum help available. Most definitely over worked for the pay, we honestly deserve more. Half the time you are pulled to do something else because they don’t know how to schedule the right amount of team members and it gets hectic just because of lazy management. Work isn’t hard, but management makes it unbearable

Pros

Free food and items in break room

Cons

Horrible management, stressful and overworking

Horrible

Horrible management, judgemental coworkers, Most days I would be given all responsibility of the bakery as well as starbucks and it was extremely hard to keep up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Target with

• Target
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?