Target Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Found 267 reviews matching the search See all 36,012 reviews
Not Bad
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 14, 2018
I would say they pay good for the work that you have to do.Go in there with a clear head and don't befriend anyone stay to yourself.People only worry about themselves.
Good place to work. Just need full time.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2018
Like I said before, Target is a good place to work as an extra job. I sometimes only get scheduled 16 hrs per week and have to ask full timers if they would give me a day.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
16 hrs per week is not enough
it was a calm environment
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 7, 2018
a typical day at wok would be stock shelves, pulling the truck, keeping hard lines neat and tidy. The work place had a diverse place of working from different religions,race, and a big supporter of the L,B,G,T,Q community.
Pros
long lunch
I don't really have anything to say about this company
Stock clerck (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2018
I don't really have anything to say about this company. We worked normally and went home like we were suppose to. It's a job, it pays the bills. It's a fast paced environment.
Slightly above average
Consumables Team Trainer and Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
Target is a decent place to work. The pay is decent. The perks you get when working here are pretty good as well. Management is often too worried about the "customer always being right" to realize that the associates are people too.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Overworked staff
Burnt out
Senior Team Leader / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Hard to move up from store level. They always "expect more" out of you with no new compensation "pay less". The people are fun but aren't worth the poor compensation or schedule.
Fun Workplace
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Most Enjoyable Part Was Unloading The Trucks. We Would Usually Go Through 2 Trucks A Night But During 4th Quarter It Was 3-4 Trucks A Night. Very Fast Paced.
Poor Experience!
Flex Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Target was not a great experience for me the management treated me poorly and although I was compensated fairly with pay it was not worth it. They were not flexible with my school schedule and would often schedule me at inconvenient times which I discussed prior with them. I would not recommend target to anyone.
fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Working in the stockroom making sure the stock room is clean and organize. Also making sure that all the items are neatly put into carts for the sale floor workers to put out on the floor.
nice working place but very fast passed and break time is too short
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2018
very fast passed working environment. breaks were a little short. team members were helpful and informative to new team members. managers assist with work if you did not understand.
Target has taught me a lot and I plan on taking those tools with me moving forward
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2018
Target helps develop you in ways so that you can stand on your own two feet. Whether it’s working on a major project , learning a new electrical system, or work in a group as well as working individually.
Great Time Cut Short
HR Clerical Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Target. There was a lot of support for my position, and team effort to get things done. Management was very kind and encouraging. The work environment was friendly and everyone seemed glad to work there.
Hated this place
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I transferred from a place that paid really well to a new state that the pay was lower and got to keep the higher pay. The problem was that when I eventually got bumped up to a lead, they refused to up my pay because I maid more than my lead. More work with same pay; never again.
Cons
Shady
productive and hard working collaborative place to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2018
There will be days where you are having a bad day, the workers there can change your mood and turn it into a good day. I learned that you can apply for a certain position but it is not likely that you will do that position all the time, they will switch it around and have you do other positions when there is not enough workers that day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the mornings because time moves fast, but throughout the day the store will get busy and u will have to be working more efficient and longer to get the work done. However, the hardest part of the Job is doing something that you never wanted to do, but you have to do it because that's what a job is.
Pros
3 breaks when working 8 hours or more
Cons
having rude customers but you just have to keep calm
Productive and very hardworking Environment
Team Member/Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2018
It requires a lot of late nights and early mornings. Pay is well. It takes a very physical toll on you a lot of lifting and moving things around. Its also a very tedious job.
not such a good work enviorment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2018
lacks freedom and too stressful and strict there management sucks they don't alloy time off even when you have it its not paid and there policies are outrageiuos. the place is very large and they lack tack.

the work was confusing and the lods are not so friendly to demanding and in appologetic about there own mistakes
Productive work place
Executive Team Leader Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2018
Fast fun and friendly environment. Team oriented atmosphere. Great benefits package. Long hours!! Room for growth opportunity. Discount is horrible...
Fun with great team members
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2018
In my store, everyone was extremely nice as well as respectful. There isn't much career advancement in this store. You would have to transfer stores in order to become a team leader or even a senior team leader. It's very difficult to advance in one store even though there wasn't a lot of people at my store. The best thing is to not stay in target for too long. It's a good beginning job and since my store was express, the pay was better than a lot of the other target stores. We get paid a dollar 50 more and it isn't bad but on the way they treat us, I don't think we get paid enough for their attitude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2018
There is never a typical day, there are always new changes daily/weekly/monthly/annually. I have learned that making mistakes are ok as long as there's a plan to fix it quickly. Hardest part of the job are the personalities of employees and guests. The most enjoyable part is to watch your input of a team member that you've groomed to get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, Vacations at any time, Quick advancement
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2018
Great place to work and start off. Some people are really nice and practice the core values of the company. It was a very family oriented type of environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.1K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss