Target Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

38.5K
22.7K
11.8K
Found 250 reviews matching the search See all 33,558 reviews
not such a good work enviorment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2018
lacks freedom and too stressful and strict there management sucks they don't alloy time off even when you have it its not paid and there policies are outrageiuos. the place is very large and they lack tack.

the work was confusing and the lods are not so friendly to demanding and in appologetic about there own mistakes
Productive work place
Executive Team Leader Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2018
Fast fun and friendly environment. Team oriented atmosphere. Great benefits package. Long hours!! Room for growth opportunity. Discount is horrible...
Fun with great team members
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2018
In my store, everyone was extremely nice as well as respectful. There isn't much career advancement in this store. You would have to transfer stores in order to become a team leader or even a senior team leader. It's very difficult to advance in one store even though there wasn't a lot of people at my store. The best thing is to not stay in target for too long. It's a good beginning job and since my store was express, the pay was better than a lot of the other target stores. We get paid a dollar 50 more and it isn't bad but on the way they treat us, I don't think we get paid enough for their attitude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2018
There is never a typical day, there are always new changes daily/weekly/monthly/annually. I have learned that making mistakes are ok as long as there's a plan to fix it quickly. Hardest part of the job are the personalities of employees and guests. The most enjoyable part is to watch your input of a team member that you've groomed to get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, Vacations at any time, Quick advancement
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2018
Great place to work and start off. Some people are really nice and practice the core values of the company. It was a very family oriented type of environment.
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2018
A day at target could either be a good one or a bad one, or like i always say make the best out of every bad/comprmising situation. It was the same thing every day maintaing your work space always make sure you greet the guest with a smile. Target taught me that not everybody is there to see you grow. They are always looking for your down fall. Looking for any little reason to let you go. The hardest part about this job was trying to remain calm in a stressful situation.
stressful and long
Consumables Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2018
The day start out long and gets long most of the team member don't like to help out manager are alway in they bag and move like little kids and all that could stress you
Pros
ten percent discount
Fun and productive
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2018
Stocked merchandise in food department, handled revenue on cash registers with average of $17,000 or more,assisted over 100 customers daily with different purchases
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2018
A typical day at Target would be, checking to see who is here, who you will be working with and which department you will be in for the rest of you closing shift. When doing a closing shift you must do reshop, zone and fill up your asiles. I learned how to manage time better based on how messy the department would be, depending on if its the weekend. The management is mostly strict when it comes to your zone, which means the neatness in the department. The most enjoyable part about my shift is my breaks. The hardest part about my shift is communicating with a manager who forgets within 10 minutes on what you tell them.
Pros
snacks in the breakroom and company events
Cons
unfair management
Greet company.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2018
Target is a great company , fun working environment , I loved working front end , meeting and greeting new customers. Flexible schedule , great pay , great raises.
Pros
None.
Cons
Good Pay, Flexible schedules
target
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2018
its not that bad sometime i get less hours but i want a better job i have ben in target since 2009 i transferred to a new store because of me and a bo
Pros
break
Cons
health care
Fast pasted and Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2018
A typical work day included stocking shelves, making sure sales floor is nice and neat for efficient customer flow.
I have learned the value of customer service, time management and team building while working with this company.
great work team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2018
come into work ready to get the day started. we mostly work independently without having to have our manager giving us direct orders on what needs to be done.
Workplace culture
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2018
Very fun workable job that ensures everything runs great. Most of the workers work very slow and if you are more familiar with most of the areas the mostly will depend on you more.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
workers
Fast, fun and friendly culture
Human Resources Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2018
Target is fast, fun and friendly place that does its best at trying to engage its team. The executive leadership lacks a relatable aspect and is poor when communicating to the team.
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2018
I learned good customer care and how to work in a fast pasted environment. the management team where fair and respectable. This helped enhanced my organization skills.
Very stressful workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2018
Manager does not work with you on hours. No benefits that are useful discount Is useless. Employees are lazy and not very helpful with other employees .
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2018
target isnt a bad company to work for my expierence with target has not been the best overall though its a solid company just needs better leadership on a store level
production and fast paced
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2018
busy atmosphere. made sure there is guest satisfaction in store. worked well with other employees and assisted when necessary when store was busy and active.
Productive Company.
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 2, 2018
Target is a great company to work for, they really care about their employees and also try to help with things that go in ones personal life. I would recommend to work at target.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably