Target Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

A place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
Target is just work. Nothing more to be said about it. Just go in, do what is asked, make small talk with co-workers, finish said workload for the night and go home until the next day.
Terrible place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  2112 N Peterson Ave, chicago, IL, 60659November 21, 2017
I have worked as a customer service supervisor. I have also been a third key at another retailer. I just started working at my nearby target as a seasonal. They hired me as a cashier and I was perfect with that since I just needed some extra cash and was bored at home. This place is TERRIBLE. Everybody working their for more than 2-3 months thinks he is the boss of the store. I have worked at places where they never let you make the other person feel like you are above them. The "supervisors" on the front end have favorites and grind the newcomers the most or the ones they aren't "friends" with. They want you to do 10 things at a time. Everybody is fake. If you start working at Peterson Chicago target. Please dont be nice to anybody or friendly, they will talk about you behind you, tell on you, lie about you. All petty kids. I have never hated working somewhere so much. I just need a lil more money and I'll be out in a week. So much unprofessionalism, so much favoritism. Even the store managers have favorites. They need to do anonymous questions and answers and they'll find out how many people hate the management and the way things are done. I am sure not all the target are same. But this one was horrible.
Pros
Cons
Management at this store needs a wakeup
Fast and friendly
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2017
Fast paced, competitive company, room for career advancement, good benefits. Depending on the Iocation it can be a little stressful. They offer good Lifesource services.
benefits
Cons
sporadic schedule
Love working for Target
Overnight Unloading/Backroom/Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2017
One of my other favorite workplace...Worked for them overnight as well nd enjoyed my limited time there ..Had to leave for maternity leave nd had a hard time working after giving birth .So hopefully they will consider rehiring me back
Pros
Lunch break
typical day at work
Merchandise Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
Target was a nice place to work. Very professional ran company. The hardest part of my job was not getting enough hours. They only piled us with hours around the holidays.
it was a fun fun place to with at pleasing guest add making sure they where provided with agreat exspirence
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
great company to work for got the exspirence and whirl with new people and new things the exspirence was good working tube sales floor was a good experience yup learn how to talk too guest our was just a good exspirence
Productive and fun
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2017
Its been a real good experience. The management was definitely helpful when inquired about help. There's always an opportunity for moving up the ladder.
Productive workplace with enjoyable people
Over Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at target. The management was awesome and the team was actually a team. I didn't have to interact with customers on the sales floor but was still able to make sure that all their needs were met.
Pros
The team and the atmosphere
Cons
Pay
it was okay,
Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Everyday was different, Face to Face contact with the guest, was different. They come in with different needs, you have the ones who price matched, returns, exchanges. I enjoyed educating the guest about the Red Cards, and the Target Apps. The work place was fun and exciting there wasn't anything hard about working there.
Pros
Free lunch, recognition for opening Target Red Cards
Cons
Short breaks, not having the products that a guest needed
frendly
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
a day at target is fast pace you have to be because its overnight and you don't ant to fall asleep.
if you don't understand something everyone is willing to help out.
To many people telling u what to do long hrs no fresh air
Overnight Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Its was ok just to many people telling you what to do overnight team that i was on had to help out other teams and maintain our team goal as well. Long hrs no fresh air
Pros
Free peanut butter n jelly sandwichs and 5$ free gift
Cons
Never enuff staff
Average job
Assets Protection Specialist / Team Lead (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2017
Target is the typical big box Corporation, there's very little chance for advancement, very little pay. Only some employees receive benefits management is not really involved in many processes.
Pros
Average job, not much thinking involved
Cons
The job is what u make it
Great establishment
Sales Associate and Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work if you are outgoing, can multitask, don't mind working overtime or long hours, and are open to cross training in all parts of the store.
Pros
Great pay, great hours, opportunities for promotions
Nice Store
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Management was understanding most of the time,the work environment was rough but thorough.Work life balance was great.Once you left for the day,that was it.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
mostly make the customer happy and keep them on track of what they need and find whatever they needed they were really nice people and we're thankful for my help
Target
Target, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Great Place to work for very nice people. Customers were very nice and ask question about things that the really didn't have any knowledge about. Nice enviroment
Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
Work for me was pretty easy, especially when I started to get the hang of were everything was and getting comfortable with the questions that the customers would come in the store and ask.
Typical Minimum Wage
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
Your general mix of lazy incompetent workers and hard workers with airy management. Expectations were low, and no punishment for the workers who barely did anything. Okay job otherwise.
Target gave me work experience.
Cashier/ Sales floor team member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
Target gave me work experience. While management at Target was not great, working for Target was not so bad. Working at Target definitely Made me challenge myself to work outside my comfort zone and push myself.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and helping people with there everyday needs.
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
I would restock the inventory, assisted customers with purchases and check-out.I learned that when you are nice and smile people are often pleasant.I also learned how to manage my time effectivly. Team work was a very important part of being a employee. The hardest part of the job was not having what the customer was looking for. .
Pros
Was assisting customers and seeing the smile on the faces of the customers
Cons
Not being able to answer customers questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.