Target Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 36,649 reviews
worked their a long time ago
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  houston texasDecember 6, 2018
worked their a long time agao ,was sent home when no work was available even if we had just came to work,inconsistent hours and no advancement potential
Pros
started me out higher than others based on my experience
Cons
hours and being sent home
Target
team member performing cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
I loved this job. It was my first job as a cashier something that i always wanted to do. The relationship that I was in had so much stress on me and getting to work was a big factor of my qutting so i quit. Not because of the stress but because of the time i could not give in to it. If I cant give my best I would leave it to some else who can.
Pros
everything from hire to fire
Cons
nothing
great compnay
PRICING/ADVERTISEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
Great job, the store has a team work vibe.
family/team work enviroment.
Flxeible work hours
Staff has an open door policy.
Gives lots of incentives to team members
I would defintely recommend working for this company.
Very fun place
SALES (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2018
very friendly place to work for. they have huddles everyday to increase employee productivity.Increased pay every few months depending on your work ethics
Pros
Free snacks, flexible schedule
Target
Cafe worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
Target was a good place to work I really enjoyed everyone good hospitality but just poor cafe management and not enough open positions to work but other then that I would recommend to a friend for other positions then the cafe part.
Pros
Lunch breaks, benefits and vacation
Cons
Poor cafe management
Target is a great company to work for
Electronics team lead/ in stocks team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2018
They are a great company they take care of their employees and their community. They have many incentives for the employees they make work fun and reward you for your hard work. They do allot of awesome things for young children in struggling homes all the way to days for the elderly.
Pros
Incentives, hard work is rewarded, advancements
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
As an ETL you are constantly working long hours. The retail schedule isn't horrible considering other places you work every weekend. Great experience. Would not recommend to a friend.
Training wheels
Specialist/Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2018
It has honestly been too long for me to write a review on this company. I can tell you that working here gave me the skills needed to advance in the retail world.
Abig store
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston texasOctober 22, 2018
I had to work more extra hours than usual.i had to do alot of cashier work the managers will have me to stock up food and then I had to put in extra work my back will go out and I will have to come in early.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Back pain
friendly people
Logistics specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2018
Not all targets are the same but the location in meyerland had poor management. the cut hours a lot the good thing is they gave a raise but not enough hours. the culture was growing but a etls were bias
Pros
some managers was easy to talk too
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun store to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
Target is a very great company to work for they have a lot of events going on daily they are also very active with the team I loved working here because of the environment
Target is a great company to work for
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Target. Management was focused on team building. Employee recognition program. Great training program. Full time positions were plentiful.
Pros
Management & Leadership
Cons
Quick Advancement
It was a good experiance.
Service/Cashier I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
I learned a lot about products as well as services. Took part in quality control. . Customer service skills. . Inventory control and Receiving.
Target is an okay place to work.
Sales/Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
Target is an okay place to work. You can learn a lot working at Target. Management can expect a lot from you, but the employees should be paid based on the numerous task they do. The employees do 4 to 5 other people task, but the pay does not reflect that and it should.
Exciting and busy
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
I love working at target there was always something to do. I like to keep buay so for me it was great. The bad thing is that I had to stop working, because I had same children I could work sundays . So I had to quit.
managment
SOFTLINES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
some of the managers can be quite rude they tell the workers to put makeup on because we don't look decent enough and sometimes they can just be rude depends on how they're feeling.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch 30min is not enough
my work at target store copperfeild
Sales Floor Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I get carts from parking lot work my area
it was seasonal laid off after 2 weeks nov dec 2002
I did what ever the boss said to do ask him what next
then I wood to the next task go back to what I was doing before
Pros
discounts
Cons
cant think of any
Overall good
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I worked for target for 4yrs. during that time I did electronics, cashier, plano-guides. inventory, stocking. Overall management was good. my time there was pleasant. I met good friends that I still keep in touch with. The only down fall I had was when they gave someone with no experience electronics lead position. I was more than qualified for that position. They over looked me.
Fun but underpaid
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to start out but there is no way to move up unless you have connections. You do learn a lot of people skills and basic retail knowledge but the amount you get paid for the work you do is not always right.
Terrible management and over worked!
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
I only worked there for 2 months and they threw me to the wolves. After 3 days of training, they put me in their biggest section of the store. Needless to say I wasn't prepared. There were many things I had to learn as I went through my time working there that were daily need to knows. The management tended to blame me for not knowing and when I told then nobody trained me on it, they gave me "coaching". They also have poor work ethics when running this specific store. They were "understanding" when I called in for bereavement purposes, but in that same week I got into a car accident during my lyft ride to work and the head management over soft lines told me I had to come in or be terminated. Yup, after being in a CAR ACCIDENT, I either come in or lose my job. So I came in and left early because I needed medical attention and the other L.O.D of the night sent me home BUT told me my job was in danger because they have and I quote "a business to run". I get back and hear they had been writing me up for these instances and others unknown to me so I got fed up and quit! I have never in my life felt so targeted at a job but as I was going through this I was told from other employees that I wasn't the only one they did this too. They were understaffed when they hired me because every one was quitting due to being overworked and management. The pay was great but I'll never work for them again.
Pros
Starting pay:$12.50/hr and volunteer opportunities
Cons
Over worked, under staffed, bad management, and serious lack of training!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss