Target Employee Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

Found 745 reviews matching the search See all 36,635 reviews
They let groups have multiple managers but no employees
Entry IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2018
They let groups inside the company to have multiple managers and no workers who don't know how to manage anything and ultimately make multiple mistakes. Than they are allowed to lie or make stuff up so they don't lose contracts or other groups and easily scam people. When doing actual work they rather send the work off to other groups instead of working on it themselves saying they can't fix it and do little documentation for said issue. They also hire people who don't have any experience in their field and their degrees are not applicable to the fields they work in.
Pros
Target discount, maternity and paternity leave
Cons
Some groups have multiple managers with no one below them
long days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 9, 2018
Very long days that include standing for the whole shift (8 hours with a break, of course) . The pay is very very low . The management is rude as well. However, they do give you the hours that you need or want.
it was a difficult culture
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2018
it did not feel like leadership "walked the talk". while I learned so much related to interviewing leadership candidates, it was a difficult environment. this was a long time ago.
Pros
leadership focus
Cons
culture
Target
MARKETING SR. PACKAGING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 30, 2018
Amazing company with a great culture! They have a great work life balance and great benefits! They treat team members with respect and they take care of the communities where they have stores!
fast pace
Executive Team Lead - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 26, 2018
Target is a fast pace environment where the people are nice. Good clean working conditions. Expectations are clear cut and not impossible to achieve.
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 26, 2018
I like it for it to be my first job , but some of the workers was rude an a little bit of racist there but overall I liked it . A few high school kids work there an was kinda getting my hours cut .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
We could of had longer breaks
Good company for employees but contractors don’t benefit
Loyalty Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2018
Contractors are expected to be a part of the team but treated like outsiders and not compensated fairly compared to teammates. Perks aren’t included for contractors, i.e., company events and parties and all benefits. This was a good role to gain experience and get a foot in the door but overall didn’t love their culture.
Flexible job. Competitive pay.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2018
This job helps you have a life outside of work and they are keenly aware of wage competitiveness, but the work is highly dependent upon trends and rumors in retail market strategy, sometimes at the expense of a cohesive work routine.
Pros
Good pay, consistent breaks, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, poor training
Great place to work if you need flexible time off
Logistics Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55413November 14, 2018
I learned a lot about retail. From how to unload to placing product on the floor. It was fairly easy once you know what your are doing but sometimes stressful when your area receives a very large amount of freight and you are expected to finish before the end of your shift. interesting and fun to see all the new products as they came in.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
overnight shift couldn't go outside on break
Good Experience
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
I am glad that I had an opportunity to work at Target headquarters. My experience was challenging because it was my first job after being somewhere for over 10 years, so transitioning into the TGT culture was somewhat challenging. Generally, the people are nice.

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
Great environment to work in with fun coworkers
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 7, 2018
My experience was a little bit different because I was completely new to the supply chain industry and had to re-teach myself everything I learned from college. Their training was very thorough and provided lots of opportunities for shadowing/asking questions and gaining knowledge and experience to do the daily tasks. The easiest part of the job was to get along with everyone because they're all very welcoming and down to earth. The hardest part of the job was to determine ways of impact for your businesses and how to explain that to others.
fast past
Consumables Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2018
Making sure the floor is well stocked in all areas.
I learned how to help customers, and deal with issues under pressure. Management was inconsistent at times but overall was decent.
Target enables collaboration with ability to have impact on the business and customer.
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
Target is a place you can learn a lot and apply those skills to project work and/or with teams. It's a highly collaborate environment, almost to a fault at times that can stall decision making. Building strong relationships and learning how to navigate those relationships with your work is a key to getting work done.
Pros
Highly energetic company and team members, size and scope of projects give you the ability to have huge impact on the business and customers.
Cons
Requires great navigation of personalities and building successful relationships to get work done, decision-making is slow due to multiple approvers and lack of risk taking.
Enjoyed helping people
Senior Fraud Detection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2018
Enjoyed the position, just not the intense micromanagement. Typical of a call center environment - too many metrics, too many self-reviews, not enough focus on helping the customer.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Typical call center environment - micro management.
Not enough structure for new employees
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2018
There was not enough structure for someone as their first job. There was no clear "definition of success," so I felt lost a lot of the time. Training program was thorough, but not thorough enough to actually learn how to complete the job
Ok job
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2018
The job was ok - The people were talented but didn't want to be challenged. Most everyone I started with left with in the first 3 years. A lot has changed since then.
Target is a great place to grow and learn and then leave.
Director Segmentation (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2018
Target has amazing training programs and gives new hires a ton of great experience. The culture speaks to being fast, fun, and friendly but it doesn't always live up to that mantra. Decision making is slow and the company is very cliquish.
Pros
Great offices and amenities, great training, stable work environment.
Cons
SLOW to make decisions, cliquish, who you know is often more important than what you know.
Strong development culture and opportunities to connect.
Lead Consultant - Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
So many smart people to learn from with world class development opportunities. I have not worked anywhere else that compares to Targets development offerings.
Target does a lot of things well but they push for continuous improvement which forces team members to grow but can also be exhausting.
As long as you have a good leader, which most of them are, Target is a great place to work and really hone your professional skills.
Pros
Development
Cons
Slow to remove bad leaders
Productive and Fast Paced
Sr. Planner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 5, 2018
Target is an amazing company for young single people looking to accelerate their careers. There is so much energy in the building and opportunities to learn, grow, develop and advance. Typical days are stacked with meetings because of the amount of collaboration that needs to happen to execute a strategy. Systematically they are really advanced compared to working for a small company, but there are also a lot of layers that you need to go through to make decisions, get approvals, and move forward. Over the last few years, there have been several transformations and reorgs that caused a lot of setbacks in terms of processes, efficiencies, and role clarity which can be really frustrating at times. But, they compensate well and there are tons of perks and benefits associated with working for a giant, trendy retailer like Target. I have learned so much and feel as though the real life experience I have had at Target is worth more than an MBA.
Target is a fast pace environment
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Target and truly enjoyed the people that I worked with. They provided me with great training that has allowed me to excel in future roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight