Target Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

38.5K
22.7K
11.8K
Found 224 reviews matching the search See all 33,554 reviews
Pays well but downhill from there
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
The company pays very competitively, it gives regular raises to its exempt and non exempt team members. That is how you get stuck. Target does not care about well being or work life balance at all. Do not apply if you like holidays, you will not get to celebrate them for your time at this company as you are forced to work nearly everyone of them.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Living a life outside the company is difficult
Okay Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2018
You don’t want to be here for long, this should only be a temporary Job if you ever decide to work for target. This will be a good job for like college students .
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Very Demanding
I Like the work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
Target is a great place to work. Have to have a good personality and attitude when dealing with customers. Your co-workers are usually nice and want to help out as much as possible and also the managers
Revolving door of inexperienced managers
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2018
Target typically hires its executives externally straight from college, resulting in inexperienced managers making decisions for long-term store employees. They are moved between positions they aren't trained for and between stores so often that no location can ever have a cohesive management team long enough to make effective change. Then they quit and move on to a better company because Target is not a great work environment for millenials. There are practically no perks that come with this job. If you want to take a weekend off you have to work an extra one. Long hours to complete some random set of tasks a district manager wants done by the end of the week, then there is no followup from them. Anyone who made it long enough is then managed out so they can hire a college intern to take the job for less pay. Not to mention they will dangle the prospect of a promotion in front of you for years to keep you motivated, while expecting you to repeatedly train the replacement for your manager who keeps quitting.
Pros
Met a lot of good people
Cons
Training for managers
Good Place to work. Loved it
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2018
I liked it there a lot. Just a different boss would’ve been great for me and everybody that I worked with agree. Maybe same person different attitude.
Very productive
Apparel Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
You can never have enough hours in a day when working at target. I love working fast paced jobs, that's why working at Target is perfect to me. You'll have the opportunity to be trained in multiple departments, that way you won't be doing only one thing. All the managers are really fun to work with because their personalities are
so different. They're very good at working around your availability. Great place to work.
An underpaid manager
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
Leadership tends to look towards team members to lead others to success for the task at hand, while putting in little to no effort to ensure success. "Development" plans are never put in place to benefit the team member interested in moving up, but to make the LOD's day as easy as possible. They do not care about internal promotions, because if they did, the plethora of positions opening in other stores as well as our current locations would be filled by existing team members. Instead, they hire people 100% new to target, and have the team members train them to show you how to do your job. I cannot speak for Target as a company, but I can speak for Express format's career mentality.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
No internal promotions
Eh
Cashier & Starbucks Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2018
Overtime is available for some positions but frowned upon heavily for others to the point of backlash, you receive decent pay and good breaks but the management is ultimately what makes you wanna stay or not and at the South Philly location they were terrible
Great Place to work.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at Target was intense depending on your department. I learned how to be more organized, manage my time better, and how to lead a very large team. Management always held meeting to ensure everyone was on the same page and following Target's Brand. Workplace culture was always clean except for the backroom where the compactor and bailer are. Cleanup crew would always leave their trash for someone else to throw away. The hardest part of the job was dealing with negative team members. The most enjoyable part of the job Target pays well.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Negative Team members
Fun environment. Target gave me everything I needed to learn and grow, and from that earn multiple promotions.
Executive Team Leader of Logistics (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2018
I started working at Target as a cart attendant during highschool in 2003. I cross-trained on the Front End and Salesfloor. Eventually, I was given the opportunity to become a TPS, then promoted to Sr. TPS, and after graduating college, became an ETL-AP. My managers helped to groom me for these roles, and took time out of their busy schedules daily to sit down with me, for which I will always be extremely grateful. I left Target because the work/life balance of early morning ETL-LOG was not working for me. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. There were always unforeseen challenges that would arise, but the Team would pull together and we would get it done. From working at Target as a 17 year old until my late 20's, I learned how to be an adult, how to be responsible and reliable in the workplace, and all the ins and outs of retail.
Pros
Great people, great products and managers who genuinely care about your success.
Cons
Corporate expectations can be high, requiring experienced managers to lead the team and get the desired results.
Fun fast pace enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
Target has taught me different areas in the store such as cashier/guest service, Customer service, price change, back room attendent, flexible fulfilment/ship to store, pog team, overnight/stocking. Target gives you the opportunity to grow and advance in any area. The are big on helping and showing guest how much they are appreciated.
target is ok
Express Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2018
working for target was Ok. i liked what i did but im a mother so sometimes i have child emergencys. they focused on attendance a lot if u call out 2 times and are late 2 times one month then do it again they call it a pattern and put you on probation with or without paperwork. i loved logistics but i had a bad experiences there.
Cons
focus on lateness
Fast Paced
Seasonal Cart Attendant/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2018
I was a cart attendant when I worked at Target. So my job was very strenuous and action-packed. I was responsible for cleaning bathrooms, cart attendance, and store maintenance. All at the same time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only cart attendant, no help.
Productive fast paced friendly work place
Retail overnight team member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
When i worked at target i came in as a seasonal employee and earned my way to a full time employee. Workplace was always tidy and clean very friendly supportive team leads and managers. Overnight stocking is a very fast paced physical work which i somestimes didnt mind allowed for the night to go by fast. All around good work experience.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
idk
Consumables Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2018
a typical day at work for me would be coming in and start pulling. i would pull the carts out the freezer and then go stock them on the shelves. at the end of the day i would zone
Pros
nice pay
Cons
short breaks
organize carts
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
milk cheese salad pastas bread butter detergent mirror games tv underwear eggs bacon sausage juice chips pretzels cookies soda water drawers tshirts toys blankets sheets
stressfull workplace.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2018
Managers have favoritism. They force you to sale REDcards. Which is impossible nearly because of the breech. This was the case at the Target I work for. All though I heard from other team members from other stores same story.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Stay two hours pass closing
Target is a okay place to work at
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2018
Target have keep there employees in good care but they don’t really care about what happened to there employees when they see that they don’t want them at all no more.
Target
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2018
Target is a great place to work, but the hours and type of work can be very strenuous and fast paced. Other than that, management is great and professional and compensation is fair.
workplace
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2018
Great compensation
Poor work life balance
Typical day consist of 10 hour plus
learned a lot
workplace culture needs improvement
Hardest part was the hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably