Target Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Great People.
Flex Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2017
Overall, a decent workplace, friendly and understanding superiors. Communication skills are a must have if you plan to work for Target. Modernized systems and protocols to aid both the Team Members and Guests.
Defiantly able to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2017
My experience here at target is awesome , meet tons of new people from different nationalities and ethnic background. Target is very flexible with scheduling , to make sure you have everything you need .
Fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
Target is a fair place to work. It can be competitive at times and sometimes it can be very fast paste but usually it is a nice and quiet place to work
Typical retail industry job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2017
The basic job of running a retail store is conceptually not very difficult. It consists of 3 basic functions: keep stock on the shelf, trash off the floor and taking care of the customers.

Despite this, Target's management consistently fails to demonstrate an ability to think out of the box, proactively deal with even simple problems that may arise, let alone complex issues, or leverage any creative solutions geared towards increasing store or corporate productivity or profitability.

There is no well-seasoned leadership here. It's all rote, look-up table, reactive crisis management with these people.

Employee training is virtually non-existent. Information flow is very poor. Employees are rarely kept up to date in a meaningful way. Management never asks how things are going or solicits any information regarding employee quality of workalife concerns. Is there any doubt why they have such a problem retaining employees?

Supply chain management is very poor. Inventories are way excessive and too much time is wasted moving material around.
Pros
Employee Discounts. Clean Working environment.
Cons
Low pay.
Very Organized
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2017
I was a cashier , nothing was difficult for me because i also worked for retail so i was able to handle situations based off of my knowledge . The most enjoyable part about the job was receiving extra hours.
Target
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
Love the company but for what I do I don't get paid enough and it's unfair. Team Members just coming in are getting more than me and their just team members! I am responsible for way more!
Balanced workplace
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  South PhiladelphiaOctober 4, 2017
I need a job more steady it just was not for me it's not a flexible job at all and it would help if the management was better and if it did not hurt your overall health
Nice Place
Front-end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2017
Workplace was very relaxed and I enjoyed the job itself. everyone was always friendly and treated each other with respect, I would recommend this to anyone.
If you do not want to work this job is not.
logistics (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2017
If you do not like working, being productive, and can not handle multiple personalities then you should not apply. If not then sure go ahead, apply. Have fun!
Pros
ok pay, discounts, soap opera
Cons
multiple personalities, people aren't always sober, benefits, not enough people, over estimate inventory
This Place is Not for Everyone
Cosmetic Team Member/Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
When I first started my job in cosmetics, I would come in do my work and not be bothered. Recently management was changed and my job has changed. I am constantly told to do things that are not cosmetic related. My hours get chopped frequently and they only give me nights even though I have been there for almost two years and I have open availability. This is an entry level job but it has taught me a lot. It has taught me how to work with people you like or don't like and also taught me a lot about one on one customer service. My job isn't hard at all. What bothered me the most was that I was constantly taken out of my department to do other things. Targets big moto is to work as a team. I felt like it wasn't team oriented at all. I felt like is was managers versus team members. It was like high school all over again. Managers will talk bad about you behind your back. The only part I liked about my job was my fellow team members. They made the day enjoyable. The managers belittle the team members and talk down to us. My fellow coworkers and I are always being looked over when there is a promotion available and give it to someone who is not a hard worker. I would recommend this job as an entry position. If you are older, and have retail experience this place isn't for you.
Pros
Occasional events and free food, better pay than most retailers
Cons
management
No comment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2017
very stressful no communication they have their favorites in team members they fire people from left to right really for no reason I feel as though they need to hire better team leaders
Target
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
A typical day at TARGET is being fast, fun, and friendly to all the guest. I have learned how to work in several departments in the store (cashier, customer service, cafe, hard lines etc.) There is nothing hard about working at TARGET. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the guest and making sure that they are satisfied with their visit to TARGET.
Productive.
Security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
Good environment depending on location. Hours fluctuated throughout year never perminant for over 6 months. Management was good but situations weren't handled great all the time.
some days stressfuls
Team Member (All around) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2017
managers sucks. the only good thing is the pay. weird hours. favoritism. good work culture. need patience. hardest part is the hrs you get and the good thing is they give you free food almost everyday
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, rude customers
Co-workers and management are great people
GSA (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
I am thankful for Target, I was happy to be apart of the team the starting rate for a GSA is 9% lower than the national average and I was not able to sustain my lifestyle on that. I learned so much and management was ideal the culture was great what I loved most was working with all walks of life and how no two days were the same!!
Pros
discount combined with cartwheel is awesome
Cons
low pay
Sleep deprivation
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
Certain roles make it tough to live a normal life outside of work. Generally 50hrs/week. Rotating weekings. Working most holidays. You're paid well and advancement is there if you want it. 3 weeks starting vacation is nice. No vacations between Nov-Dec due to Q4 retail. Your boss and your peers will determine your sanity.
Pros
Pay, vacation time, advancement
Cons
Worklife balance, work holidays and weekends
interesting place to work.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2017
this is a decent job it you enjoy working retail. The hours are usually unstable depending on your job title. Additionally, the customers are usually rude.
Productive Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
Productive place to work and you are able to learn a lot while you work there. They allow yo to have a flexible schedule if you are in school or unable to wok full time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours
You'll always feel welcome and people won't leave you to sink or swim
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2017
While I enjoy working there I'm also very wary of the people above me who can toss me to the deep end and leave me with no hours or way to support myself. Learning other jobs is a good way to not only be a team player but to also keep you in the game. It's just a shame that going to such lengths is necessary.
Externship
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2017
The externship was nice. I learned the work in the pharmacy field for a short time. The paced was good and the work is fun. The manager was always there and was proficient in the career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.