Target Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 3,457 reviews matching the search See all 36,083 reviews
It Just wasn't for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 20, 2018
Overall people are people and in a work environment, I understand we come to work but there was a great conflict among the team members.
The company had nothing to do with the issues just the members.
Pros
Pig-pong table/ 15 min breaks after 2 hours. free lunch sometimes.
Cons
Not the best workmanship.
Friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC 27530November 18, 2018
I have not worked there long but have enjoyed every minute.There are long days sometimes and it is a different atmosphere than most companies. Everyone is for the most part friendly, on occasion not but not everyone has a great day. I have many other interviewees tell me that they love it that everyone is soo nice. I think this is a great job to grow into. It is a great starter job for the business profession and hopefully I will move up in this company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits for part-timers
A typical day at work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 18, 2018
Great atmosphere, customer comes in daily and you get to brighten up their day by putting a smile on his/her face. I also learned that you can just be happy anytime as long you stay positive.
Pros
Great discounts and deals.
Cons
Schedule sometimes are hard to change because of the 90 days probation but so far its moderate.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 17, 2018
It's a great place to work at. Sometimes management can be a bit rude but co workers tend to make up for it. Its usually an easy job, they work with your hours which is perfect if you're a mom or go to college.
Target is filled with friendly people that makes working there even better.
Target, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 15, 2018
I love how everyone is super friendly. At first I was shy but now I am more confident than ever. No one is hard on you when you make a mistake and everyone is really helpful.
Pros
We get two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch
Cons
I just wish I was able to work more hours/days.
Would've been a nice place to work if the management wasn't screwed up
salesfloor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 15, 2018
The management at the target I worked at was very terrible. Most of the managers were very childish and liked to gossip and make up stories about the team members. A lot of people left when I was there because they couldn't take it. I'm sure this was probably an isolated incident and most targets are probably fine to work at, but my experience was horrible. Oh and we almost never got our second 15 min break. I felt too embarrassed to even ask for it half the time cause whenever I did it would almost always be immediately followed up by asking me how far along I was with whatever task I had and it made it feel like you shouldn't be going on break until you finish everything.
Pros
Flexible with students
Cons
Don't waste your time-horrible company
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2018
I really didn't learn anything while working there. Management didn''t care which created a very stressfull environment. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Cons
Lack of communication, don't value their employees
It’s a good place to work if you want something simple and not to complex
Target, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2018
I liked being able to conversate with the customers when ringing up there items. I also enjoyed being in an environment where the co-workers were supportive and willing to help me
Pros
Well pay, reasonable hours
Cons
I had to commute to work and commute back home
Fast paced work Environment
ELECTRONICS SECTION CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXNovember 14, 2018
Target was a fast paced work environment but had a good team work environment. Coworkers and managers are helpful and check on you when you are new to the workplace.
Pros
Decent hourly pay, Good Enviroment
Cons
Always to much work and to little time to do it.
Fun work place, great people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDNovember 13, 2018
Lots of nice staff and management. Fun work atmosphere. I really enjoy meeting new people and helping them with their items. Pretty relaxed job when it is not really busy.
good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 10, 2018
it was easy fun and a goof working experience. stopped working there because they hired too many people and my hours started to go down, good job for seasonal people.
Fun place of work and very comfortable
Cashier/ A&A Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2018
Target is a great place of work. I walk in there and i feel like i’m at home. Friendly environment as well as flexible hours. Benefits a great, and you get paid time in a half on holidays
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
No overtime
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 9, 2018
The management team at the Target I work at is very inconsistent. Some managers are very helpful towards their employees while some just simply walk away when they don't know how to fix an issue. Certain head supervisors were extremely rude and was known for being rude and in the past has made employees cry.
Cons
Co-workers are very immature
tense atmosphere and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2018
Dont work here, they bend too easily to customer demands and dont care what their associates think and it sure seems the female managers are out to get the male associates fired or written up for whatever reason they can find
A fun place to work if you don't need to support yourself or family
GUEST SERVICES SEASONAL CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNNovember 7, 2018
The store management and other coworkers were outstanding people to work with. Although the shifts could be exhausting, the work was always rewarding. They also do a good job with team building and morale boosters (free food in the break room on occasion and prize giveaways). Target has wonderful benefits when/if you are eligible and has improved its starting salary rate, but that is still not enough to pay the bare minimum in bills even for a single person.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 7, 2018
It was a good place to grow and hone skills. Most of the management was amazing to work for and understood life and work balance. The hardest place of the job for me was slow and non-busy times and trying to find tasks to stay busy.
Stressful
cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 6, 2018
Working at target was super stressful. team member were rude, they will make sure they pass you just to not speak. they over work you. and management is terrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else
Not as great as it seems.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 6, 2018
I started out at Target as a seasonal cashier. I enjoyed the employees, the environment, and the hourly wages. I was excited to hear that the store had decided to keep me around once the season was complete.

Unfortunately, this is where things began to turn south. Target pays a nice $12/hour, opposed to the typical minimum wage, but fails to give their employees enough hours weekly to make it all worth it.

I asked time and time again, as I have bills to pay, to receive a minimum 16-20 hours weekly at the $12/hour rate. At Target, I was lucky to receive 4 hours per week, post-seasonal.

The environment became toxic and sad, as Target continued to claim "Still Hiring" while unable to compensate myself and my fellow co-workers.
social people should be cashiers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CANovember 5, 2018
I feel like customers feel more comfortable with you as their cashier if you start a simple conversation about their day, life or of what they bought. Its common to see an every day, week or monthly customer at your store and they are your community people around your work area and being able to start a friendly customer services to them will make them appreciate you at your job and the work you are doing.
Pros
discounts
Cons
uniforms
competitive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92602November 5, 2018
I enjoy working with the public at Target. I do not enjoy how management treats their employees. I am a senior employee but receive little in recognition.
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Cons
low compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.2K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss