Target Employee Reviews for Cashier

horrible place to work for if you do more than your job and want to advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILDecember 16, 2017
This is a horrible place to work for. I worked there for 2 years and haven't had the opportunity to cross train and work other jobs in the store even though I was a "team player" and I did more than my job.
Pros
free food
Cons
horrible management
relaxed
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYDecember 15, 2017
target is a decent place to work its a little fast paced during the holidays and black friday but the customers are decent but dont take anything personal the way a customer treats you and dont let it ruin your whole day if its negativ but target says the customer is still always right. Which i dont always believe that.
Fun environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, NYDecember 15, 2017
All of the employees there ar very nice and understanding. For example, if I needed a break to reevaluate myself, I was allowed to have it, if we weren’t to busy and there was back up. If there wasnt back up, I would have to wait a little bit.
Pros
10% off. Nice employees.
Cons
Standing at a cash register all day was exhausting.
Fun place to work part-time
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2017
Target is a fun place to work part-time. The employees and managers are all very nice. I think the pay and expectations are fair. It is difficult to work late nights since I have another job in the early mornings.
Target Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MO 64014December 14, 2017
Worked at a cashier all day. Sometimes out on the floor I would help straighten up departments. Great place to work. Hardest part of the job was people would call in sick so I would work split shifts. Best part of the job was meeting a lot of different people daily.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Hours were irregular.
Being a Cashier for Target
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed my interactions with customers and I took pride in being quick and accurate in ringing people up.

I did not like that as a cashier I was unable to work collaboratively with my coworkers and often felt a bit isolated.

I did enjoy the fast pace and the time flew by.
Having worked as a Nurse I found it less than challenging for me mentally but it was very challenging physically as we not only rang up the merchandise but bagged it and lifted it in and out of the carts.

It was not a bad job, but I did not wish to work 5 days a week to get 20 hours; would have preferred 3 days for that many hours. I also did not like closing one night and opening the next morning.
But, I had an excellent manager and kind coworkers. I learned quite a lot.
Pros
Nice people, fast pace.
Cons
Irregular shifts; short shifts
Team structured environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2017
- Cashier position is always a busy position
- Short break but they would always make sure it was taken
- No overtime possible
- Opportunity to move up
Easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNDecember 14, 2017
I would arrive about five minutes before my shift and would clock in and then I would go out to the cashier area and I would work for probably 4-8 hours. It was long work and it wasn't that much fun and not really an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Food in break room
Cons
People were annoying
Poor place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PADecember 12, 2017
The company has poor training overall and for guests does not use the best marketing techniques on sales. The cartwheel app needs to be easier to use.
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
hours are inconsistent
great place to work at during the holiday season
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 12, 2017
I love the holidays an worked at Target during the holiday season. I loved it. They definitely take pride in their company, customers, and employees.

I would definitely work here again during the holiday season.
Friendly, Fast paced atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYDecember 12, 2017
Management is very helpful and easy going. The main goals are to keep the customers happy and be very helpful. Everything you need to learn is taught and questions are greatly encouraged. It's a fun job and provides a lot of room for strengthening your communication skills. Overall, Target is a very welcoming workplace
Good Job
Cashier (Seasonal Employee) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2017
Target is a great place to work with friendly staff & management. The lack of benefits & full time positions is cause for seeking other employment. All in all I would recommend this job to anyone looking for seasonal or part time work.
loved that it was a Busy place to work with great training experience, great team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 11, 2017
A typical day at Target is fast paced and timed with just about everything. I learned the importance of inventory and customer service. The hardest part of the job sometimes came from making sure to complete all auto-fills in a timely fashion.
Pros
The management is very nice and help you if you have any questions.
Cons
he things I didn't like are the pressures they put on you to sell RED cards, Target credit cards. Also, they don't give you enough hours and, in turn, you don't get holiday pay.
Okay work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 10, 2017
I wish I got more hours I love the work place just would like to be full time great people just hate that I’m part part time only working twice a week
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 9, 2017
Love working there friendly kindness always happy and good team n very helpful with the guest. Good customer service stressful free always get there 10 mins early for your work shift
Pros
No free lunch bring your lunch or you can buy food there
Cons
15 mins and lunch 30 mins, n 15 mins
Fun workplace, positive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILDecember 8, 2017
My experience at Target was during the seasonal time. I was trained very well, and management was always involved. It's a fairly easy job, but you may have to learn how to cross train.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Can get stressful when busy
cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2017
HR was not cooperate with my full time student schedule. All other employees liked to mess around instead of work. Because I was new I felt like the other cashiers left all the work up to the new employees and just messed around.
Productive, flexible and clean
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 8, 2017
The hours are very flexible, they always allow you to take in more shifts when you can. Fast paced job, cooperative co-workers and friendly staff willing to help.
Pros
Flexible hours
Very Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 7, 2017
I would never work at target again. The hours were erratic and some weeks we had as little as 12 hours. Some even got 8 hours. There was no overtime. The management is very childish. I felt like I was in high school again. Everyone plays favorites. So if you were a favorite you got 30+ hours. If you were despised then management would find little things to write you up for so they would accumulate and they would have cause to fire you. It's very high demanding.
Worst job I ever had...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 7, 2017
This job was a mess from the beginning, not only did they, "forget," the day of my interview so the HR manager had to come in. Once the job started it was rough, long hours, very very low pay, raises at target are $0.10 annually if you're lucky. many people didn't get raises at all. Except for the managers getting their 4 digit bonuses of course.
Management was extremely unclear and unfair with employees, you had to set an appointment if you wanted to talk to your store manager personally and privately about an issue.

Again, worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Poor Pay, Management was impossible to talk with, No chance of promoting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.