Target Employee Reviews for Cashier

38.5K
22.7K
11.8K
Found 3,249 reviews matching the search See all 33,697 reviews
Great way to gain customer service experience.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 18, 2018
A typical day starts with a leader assigning you wither to the regular cash registers or to watch over the self-checkout registers. You're lucky if the store is busy or else you will stand there and wait for a guest to come by. I learned that everything in the store have their own 9 digit DPCI or DePartment Class and Item numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to interact with people on a daily basis.
Pros
10% discount on everything in the store.
Cons
Irregular work schedule.
Great experience and love the employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 17, 2018
The company treats employees very well and equally. There is a lot of room to grow in the company and many other opportunities as well. I recommend this job to anyone looking to excel in a company and to enjoy the treatment employees receive.
Target was the best job for me
Target, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
Target could not have been any better for me it was flexible with my school schedule they gave me fair hours it was nothing at all for me to complain about. I would truly love another opportunity to work at Target or something similar to it because I feel I've gained a great skill and was exposed to a range of more people.
Pros
They would sometimes bring in food to the break room for the team members
Cons
Breaks can be a little longer
Cashier. Bagger. Pleasant environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed the environment, the customers, the managers, and the products were fun to look at when I rung them up. They hire pretty decent people to work here .
Pros
Great employees and managers.
Cons
Short breaks. Tempting to spend more money working at this store.
Communicating with Customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 92840August 16, 2018
A typical day for me would honestly be fairly easy scanning items and bagging wasn't too shabby but the only con about working cashier is I wasn't old enough to sell alcoholic beverages so i had to call a GSTL over to overwrite.
Busy, but enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 15, 2018
The management and most of the workers are young, from high school into (my guess) mid-thirties, which gives an atmosphere of youthful energy and fun among the staff. The customers are almost all pleasant, and Target encourages staff to be accommodating.

I was a temporary hire for the holiday season, but even at the busiest times, we didn't get frantic.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere for workers and customers
Cons
Standing for the whole shift
Fun fast paced enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 15, 2018
I loved my co workers and staff at target. They were all very friendly and helpful. While working there i was also going to school and the schedule was very flexible.
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, COAugust 14, 2018
I don,t have much to say about target. It was a good place to work but people came and went often. Besides that its a good workplace for anyone really even as a part time job.
productive and hard working collaborative place to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2018
There will be days where you are having a bad day, the workers there can change your mood and turn it into a good day. I learned that you can apply for a certain position but it is not likely that you will do that position all the time, they will switch it around and have you do other positions when there is not enough workers that day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the mornings because time moves fast, but throughout the day the store will get busy and u will have to be working more efficient and longer to get the work done. However, the hardest part of the Job is doing something that you never wanted to do, but you have to do it because that's what a job is.
Pros
3 breaks when working 8 hours or more
Cons
having rude customers but you just have to keep calm
Fun and Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 13, 2018
My job at the target in Norman was very fun and friendly. The co-workers were very kind and the tasks were not difficult. For 8.00 an hour back then you can't beat that.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude Customers Sometimes
Very friendly and very nice people and nice management overall great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 13, 2018
Overall it was a good place to work at least for a first job I think that would be a good base place to start off if you have no experience in customer service but overall it was great
Pros
15 % discount
Cons
Low pay an no benefits
Typical Days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
Target was a decent place to work. We were never that busy aside from the basic peak hours. Even so, we were not allowed to leave our register to stock the small displays around our registers although it was required daily. We also were threatened with termination if we didn't meet a certain goal for the Target RED cards.
Cashier/Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Typical day at work would be either going to either Starbucks, café or cashier and start handling customers with serving them and as well as keeping area nice and clean
Pros
30 minute unpaid lunches
Cons
one 15 minute paid break
Fun place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 12, 2018
Some of the managers at Target could use a little training in common courtesy and communications. However, the customers were the best part of being a cashier. I was able to inform c.ustomers of the various ways to save money via coupons or the RED Card. The employees are a great group of people to be around in a busy environment.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Low salary
Inconsistent
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 11, 2018
The GSTLs are very different and that makes for either fun days or stressful days. The hours will also be very inconsistent, as an example i would have almost 40 hours one week and about 20 the next.
Working at Target was pretty boring, only time your busy is when there's alot of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYAugust 11, 2018
It hard for me to enjoy working in such a slow passed environment I need to have constant movement, or something to do other than standing in one location for hours on end.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
To easy which makes it really boring and quite exhausting
Family friendly ,Productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Unfortunately had to quit due to a home relocation but would definetly go back.They Team makes you feel at home, and are very welcoming of new members.Great managers as well.
Pros
Luch / snacks for employees throughout the day.
Seasonal Cashier
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAAugust 10, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of managing the cash register, cleaning up the area, helping guests, and putting away go-backs. A very easy-going job, especially since it was my first one ever.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
No health benefits
WorkPlace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 10, 2018
Great customer service, great people around, Discounts included
only thing i will complain about are the breaks i don't think its long enough for the amount of hours that your on your feet... other than that good place to work at.
Not worth it.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2018
It’s a cool place, but it is not really worth it. As for cashiers we don’t get enough credit for what we do, pay is good it is lowkey stressful and customers are rude half of the time and try to finesse you with coupons and cartwheel deals. If you want a good part time target is ok. Management truly don’t care about you, just sales.
Pros
Discount, ok pay
Cons
Short breaks, promotions, Managment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably