Target Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 1,669 reviews matching the search See all 36,083 reviews
Amazing place to grow and develop
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 19, 2018
I give target 5 star. It is amazing to work and develop. And grow within the company. Flexible scheduling and hours. It is a stress free environment.
Fun and positive environment.
GSA (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 19, 2018
The co- workers were great to work with. The management was awesome. Open-door policy with team leaders you can confide in. Was just time to move on and find learn more.
Great Culture and Working Environment
Cashier/Guest Services/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
Great culture, everything is fast paced especially around the holiday time. The benefits are great and if you plan to move up, this isn't a bad company to do it in. Just have to be on top of management and show them you want to move up.
Pros
Great perks, flexible scheduling, and benefits
Cons
Team leads put a lot of stress
Fun
Cashier/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WANovember 16, 2018
Working at Target was pretty fun, unless you talked to management. The employees were fun to be around and everyone was usually pretty helpful. Working guest service was the best part because you could help people and be relied on, but other than that, management sucks. A lot of people I know, left because of it.
Trash
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 16, 2018
Target is terrible company who doesn't give employees breaks when they deserve them.. also, if I might add the management is terrible as well.DONT WORK FOR TARGET!!!!
Love it
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJNovember 15, 2018
I first started work at Target before my job in NYC. Thinking a location was closer travel then the one i was at I transferred and it did not work out.
Not true for all Targets
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2018
This is not true for all Targets but the 1 Bad Apple ruins the bunch for me. Target had some great benefits and room for upward movement. Even knowing that the culture in the particular Target I was at was so toxic that I can honestly say I will never go back.
Great Company, varies by location
Guest Services Attendant / Electronics Team (Current Employee) –  Revere, MANovember 12, 2018
Having worked for the Target Corporation for going on 3 years I learned that the quality of work ethic varies from store to store.

When it comes down to it, when you do your job in a high stress position, you tend to get noticed for it, and if you fall behind, you blend into the woodwork. If you plan on advancing forward; laziness is not rewarded.
Pros
free food days, competitive pay, employee benefits
Cons
management is not always consistant
a good company to work for
Human Resources/ Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Abington, MANovember 12, 2018
ive been on and off with target for a while. its a good company overall to work with, although the management is constantly changing. sometimes people dont see quite eye to eye with one another, which of course, makes some days more difficult that others. i enjoyed my run with target until recently, i had some medical issues and i could not receive the time off that was required. it made it difficult for me to heal properly so i, unfortunately, had to begin looking elsewhere for employment,
i was an HR team member, which was pretty enjoyable. i helped answer the phone and help with paperwork, as well as doing orientations for new team members. i enjoy meeting new people so it was a good experience for me to be in the position i was in.
i got trained throughout christmas time to work in any part of the store that was necessary. i like that i got trained and was able to learn all aspects of the store.
i was promoted to GSTL (guest service team lead) which basically meant i was in charge of everything in front of the store. some days were harder than others, but nothing that somebody would not be able to handle.
Good Pay
guest service team member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 12, 2018
I started working at target when i was 16 and in four years my pay went up four dollars. It is good pay for the work load and you wont find any other retailer that will pay that well and be that flexable
Terrible Company to Work for...
Sales Associate/Guest Service/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 10, 2018
I worked at Target for four years. I didn't enjoy it at all. I had moments with great managers and moments with terrible managers. The terrible managers were more consistent than the good ones. There was a racist team lead that I seemed to work with all the time. He was awful. I felt very undervalued as an employee. I did my best, I worked hard, and I was a great team player but that didn't reflect when it was time for raises. We didn't get bonuses. Your pay was based on hours work. I worked almost everyday of the week and still couldn't make $300. Terrible. I was working for pennies but my caliber of work was above and beyond that. So I wouldn't recommend working for this company at all. Do your research and don't believe the hype. The company is built on the backs of the Sales Associates but the Executives get all the benefits. Not cool! Bad Company.
Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 9, 2018
Target is a great place to work. The only down fall is you do great at your job and they won't promote you because you are good and the position your in.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Can't move up
Fast fun friendly
Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  WpbNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work. Every is very friendly. Management works very hard to make sure store runs properly. Target always makes thing fun for their team members.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Distance
it was alwalys somthing new
HEAD OF GUEST SERVICES (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYNovember 6, 2018
working at target was experience a true test of ones self control the guest were great it was the staff they would do thing to get to u and the head of HR was the worst you could never get anything resolved
Fun and fast-paced
Cashier/Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
Loved working here because of the amazing management and customer service. I had to leave because of relocation but I was very upset to! I would recommend working here 100%!
fun
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYNovember 4, 2018
its a fun young place to work. make a lot of friends but it can be a hectic place to work at. they expect a lot from you which not really worth the pay. eventually have to move on.
A decent place to work
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 2, 2018
There is nothing that stands out that is any different from any other type of retail jobs. It is a decent work atmosphere and decent management depending on what location you are at.
Fast paced goal oriented company
GUEST SERVICE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2018
I spent 17 years at Target working in every department starting as stocker all the way up to Team Leader. I enjoyed 95% of my time there as well. Pay and benefits could be a little better but they are coming along with that...
Pros
store wide 10% discount friendly work environment
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Met a lot of people, steady work flow, and interesting because every day it was something new to learn or accomplish. A different a experience every day with policy and procedures.
Pros
T.V. in the break room and free food.
Cons
Standing long hours at a time.
Family style management
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 31, 2018
If you get past the seasonal hire you will find the hours vary throughout the year; however, management will work with you to schedule around your second job. Unfortunately, Target is not a single career, in other words, you can't make a living. Work atmosphere is a working family; they are friendly and very helpful which reflects when you are the customer.
Pros
always busy but not always stressful
Cons
not enough hours to make a living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.2K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss