Target Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 1,580 reviews matching the search See all 33,702 reviews
Fast paced working environment with great co-workers. Management is unorganized and doesn't communicate effectively.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy working at target because of the people I work with. There is no communication or appreciation for anything. The only way for advancement is to be well liked by an elite group. I have come up with several ideas which management has passed it off as their own in order to advance. I go above and beyond and get criticized for everything. I have had been disrespected by managers and tried to resolve issues with both the direct person and the higher up management and nothing got resolved and it made it me not want to come to work. I am the type of worker that comes to work with a positive attitude and ready to work hard. It's hard to want to continue to work there when you leave feeling underappreciated.
I have leanred a lot of skills that I can take into my next job such as costumer service skills, additional management skills, and the how brands work.
Good company just had bad managers
GUEST SERVICE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
I loved my guest and co-workers management sucked only gave raises to there friends and people they liked. They do promote within i have had several promotion over my 8 year career.
Pros
Flexible, good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Flucuating hours, favortism
Hated this place
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I transferred from a place that paid really well to a new state that the pay was lower and got to keep the higher pay. The problem was that when I eventually got bumped up to a lead, they refused to up my pay because I maid more than my lead. More work with same pay; never again.
Cons
Shady
Decent Place to Start Working
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 15, 2018
Nice starting job to work at. The workers are nice and the management is there to help when needed. The work is not too bad and you'll be able to move up if they see you have the motivation to stay at Target.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, 3 breaks if working 8 hours
Cons
Get stressed about getting red cards if working cashier
Friendly, fun place to work at
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAAugust 14, 2018
Target is a very fun place to work at. You meet amazing new people. it is a very fast-paced environment, but they offer a lot of help. Management when I was there it was okay, just like any other job they do have favorites. if they don't like you they'll make it really hard to work there.
Pros
your co workers
Cons
management has favoritism
lots of great hard working team members!
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 13, 2018
I love the people i work with, so much fun, and we always get everything done. great culture, everyone is so helpful, and great at training new team members.
fast paced, interactive position
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 12, 2018
On a typical day, we spend 100% of the time interacting with guests and creating a great shopping experience for them while connecting with them. I learned a lot about guest service and how to deal with angry guests. Overall, Target is a great place to work and really learn how a business is run and maintained.
Great for seasonal work and being around people!
Guest Services/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 12, 2018
I wanted something where I could be around people. I started out doing seasonal work and ended up staying, helping out part-time wherever they needed me.
Pros
Flexible availability
Cons
Stand full time, management can be uninspiring.
Great Entry to Management
ETL ~ Guest Service, Softlines, HR & Recovery (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 10, 2018
You work your tail off at this job, however they do teach you how to manage. As an entry level management job you learn all the right habits to become a great manager. Problem is you have to work retail hours and 4th Quarter is the worst. You can never travel for holidays and your schedule is always changing!
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Retail Schedule, 4th Quarter, Pay
long time ago
Guest Service Attendant & Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNAugust 9, 2018
I worked there so long ago I don't really remember how it compared to other entry level positions at the time. I think now they pay their employees quite well.
Experience at Target
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
Working for Target was stressful and mentally exhausting. I don' recommend working there especially after their remodel. Too many changes to keep up with and not enough pay for the work that you do.
Don't work here
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2018
It sucks. If you don't have to work here, then do yourself a favor and don't do it. The hours can suck. The work is not great. The customers are entitled and can usually suck.
Pretty solid summer job.
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 6, 2018
I worked here over the summer between my freshman and sophomore years of college. The pay was good (much better than other part time jobs) and the work was not difficult. Hours were usually between 15-22 a week (scheduled). People drop hours all the time so that's how I would get a consistent 27/28 hours. I had open availability and was part time so I almost always closed, which isn't bad, we close at 10 every day except Sunday which is 9. Front end (guest service/cashier/self checkout) is almost boring but it's fine considering the pay. Sales floor is much more entertaining.
Pros
Employee discount, additional Redcard discount, good pay
Cons
Not an excessive amount of hours because of amount of staff and good hourly pay
It’s amazing to work there
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 6, 2018
The environment is amazing it can be stressful at times but it’s worth it at the end. You get a lot of opportunities to grow in the company and I feel that is very important. All the managers are understanding and take time to listen to you and any of your concerns
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Stressful
It’s a really fun work place especially for a first job
Guest Service (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2018
I’ve enjoyed every minute at Target my only regret is that I’m not given enough hours to support myself. If your looking for a good first job Target is definitely it.
Pros
People are always friendly, free food in break room
Cons
Hour cuts, not being able to go over 40 hours without being written up.
Overall not great
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 4, 2018
Worked for target for about a year now. Raises are insignificant based on performance advancement opportunities are nil. Management has lied to me and called out on it on several occasions. Incompetence runs rampant from a lack of training
Great Job
Cashier/Cafe/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 2, 2018
Great job but if the staff decides to not like you, prepare for the worst. Pays great. Avoid working with food at all costs. Cashiering is great and somewhat structured
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Staff
Love my job!
Beauty Team Member/Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 2, 2018
While working at Target I have worked many different roles under many different leaders and I can easily say it's been nothing but a pleasure. Target has provided me with excellent benefits like paid maternity leave for 12 weeks (in addition to vacation pay). I feel as if the leaders truly care about the team and guests alike. Every work day is different and there are always new obstacles to overcome.
Average
Guest Service Attendant/ Cash Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
The pay is decent compared to other places but hours are very limited. People have to cover shifts just to meet 40 hours. Most of the ETLs are very professional and pleasant. There are a few that could use some retraining on work place ethics.
Fun place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2018
Target is a fun place to work however I don't recommend it long-term. Management is good about keeping up moral however burnout is quick especially following the busy holiday season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.5K
411.2K
38.5K
22.7K
11.8K

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably