Target Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Great starter or flexible part time job
Guest Service Attendant, Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTApril 24, 2018
Target was an easy going jobthat allowed you to be able to work in many different areas such as on the floor, at a register, or even making food. This job is great for students, retired people, or even someone who just wants to make a couple of extra bucks to get by.
Pros
Great people to work with/ flexible hours
Cons
terrible pay
Team members are extremely easy to get along with each other.
Guest Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 23, 2018
I miss seeing team members mature as they had gone from being high school students to becoming parents. Even kids run up to you in the register stall wanting hugs and stickers.
Pros
On the clock while you take your 15 minute break(s).
Cons
They've been known to give you a raise, then only to take it away later.
good for kids looking for spending money
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801April 23, 2018
Horrible pay but expected to do way more than required. Management always undermines you. Never sticks to policies. only good for hs kids looking for spending money
Cons
pay is horrible
Overall Target Team Member Experience
Guest Service Associate (GSA) (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 22, 2018
For the most part, working at target has been a positive experience. On a typical day of work, I would be in the front end, usually at the Guest Service Desk, or working the cash register. During this job I have learned great communication skills, as well as time management skills. The toughest part of the job has definitely been trying to stay calm when dealing with rude or un-ruly guests. However, the overall culture and work experience has been positive.
Pros
Pay, Breaks, Management/People
Cons
Rude guests, Long Shifts
cool coworkers
Cashier/ Assistant Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2018
good place to work compared to other retail stores. great coworkers, but awful store operator and not great managers. you get a 10% discount on everything but you can only get it if you get a REDcard or cash.
Pros
discounts
Cons
leadership
Decent Starter Job
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Superior, COApril 21, 2018
Target is a great place to start. It is a good place to get some experience in customer service. By starting out at Target, you can easily transition into another field with the experience you gained at Target
great job.
CASHIER TO GSA (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 21, 2018
This was such a great job; I was promoted within four months of being there. However, the stress of the situation took a toll on my health. I learned so many great and wonderful things from this job.
Fast paced work environment with good coworkers
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 20, 2018
Good part time job to get some extra money. Benefits are not given unless you are a full time worker, including health care, insurance, etc. People are great
Fast Paced/Loose Policies
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
Target's new direction for customer satisfaction is great for the consumer!
As an employee, it creates confusion with little direction or job education. It opens the door for poor decision making and an easy opportunity for termination. Management is definitely taking advantage of this!
Pros
discount, decent pay for a p/t job
Cons
Communication/Leadership/Management
sucks
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 17, 2018
The company as a whole sucks. they make sure that you get less than full time hours so they don't have to give you benefits. If you are a college student looking for extra income this is the perfect place. If you are trying to support your family this is not the place for you.
nice place to work,but you really can't advance
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVApril 16, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the fellow employees the worst part is that no matter how hard you try to advance at target they will not let you move up and give you the same excuses they give everyone and hope you buy it, just so they can push their own agenda.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management
Too many bosses, not enough recognition
Guest service team lead (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAApril 13, 2018
Hectic work days
Have to fill in multiple position when call outs
Meet/befriend alot of different people who shop there
Expect to work alot for little pay
Pros
Interaction with the public
Cons
No work/life balance, to many people telling you to do more things than you can get done, expect to much for little pay
fast paced fun place to work
Guest Service Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 13, 2018
Learned exceptional listening, and resolution skills.How to be a productive, and a fast learner while working as part of team or alone to produce high quality results.Need skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure. Perform high levels of customer satisfaction and meeting goals.The workplace culture is very open and diverse. These is a great job for college students need flexible hours.
Pros
awesome team, flexible
Alright company
Cashier &Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 12, 2018
environment is stressful, work hours are okay would not recommend as they are very harsh and do not work well with their employees. They dont really let you rest
a great job for teenagers
GSA/Cashier/Cash (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 11, 2018
The job is pretty easy it is just the simple fact that the pay does not allow for an adult to live off of it.Target is part time all across the board. No position is full-time.The only time you will see any money or hours is around Christmas.
Productive, always something to do
Cashier/Guest Services/Self-checkout (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 11, 2018
i learned that no matter what you will always have back up for cashiers no matter what and i enjoy that they have everyone learn to use the register and to properly check someone out.
Room for improvement
Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Holland, MiApril 11, 2018
A typical day at work was never typical, working in Guest Relations every situation is different and you can't plan for what someone is going to bring you. I balanced a lot of different work centers including the front lanes which included: the cashiers, and cart attendants, myself being a cart attendant during the day as well; Starbucks; Target Cafe; as well as spent time with Sales Floor teams. For my team I never expected them to complete a task that I couldn't also complete, I tried to spend my time leading by example and not just managing. The workplace culture overall is what you would expect in any workplace environment, we worked as a team to complete various tasks and helped out when others needed. The hardest part of the job was finding time to balance my daily tasks with my team and guest relationships, my work center was one of the largest with the most guest interaction, and finding that balance at times was difficult. Overall, the thing that I enjoyed most was finding the time to be global within my store and making the relationships that I was able to create with not only my team, but with management and other teams as well.
Productive and busy
Guest Services / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 10, 2018
Handle sales and returns and receive payments by cash, checks and credit cards
Learn and sell Target promotions.
Provide training and assistance to new hire cashiers.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The hours
Best company ever
Guest Service Team Lead-Level III (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 10, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for, and definitely all about family. Flexible scheduling, and they will definitely work with you based on your needs!
it was very fun we almost a family
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 6, 2018
I love working in here everyone is so friendly and they make you feel liked you at home with you family members we knew each other and some of us celebrate bdays together and most of us become bff we help each other and teach each other all the new stuff
I totally recommend anyone who move to Seattle to apply there.
Pros
we get lots of snacks on the breack rooms
Cons
i dont have any cons here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.