Target Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 2,329 reviews matching the search See all 35,992 reviews
It was fun, especially during the holiday season
Sales Floor Member (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Target during the holiday season, and it was fast, fun, and just overall exciting! The customers were great to work with, and the team members were very nice, and loved to boost up the others confidence.
Great high school job
Soft-lines Team Member (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 15, 2018
Started out at 10 hourly, inconsistent schedule and hours so if you need to pay bills its hard to say youd make your mark. Management was awful and unwilling to transfer me when I had to relocate
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not willing to transfer, unreliable hours/schedule
Fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2018
Target is a fun place to work. People for the most part are friendly and nice. Never gets to crazy so it was mostly just organizing the store and helping customers
Pretty standard
Sales Floor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXNovember 11, 2018
Target has better pay than others in the industry, but the culture is highly dependent on location. There is opportunity for advancement if you work hard.
Productive and fun place to work
Soft Lines/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 8, 2018
Empowers employees through feedback and learning new ways either with guest approach/ experience or technology all while working with friendly people.
Pros
discount
Cons
need to enter time off early
Target - Cerritos West
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 8, 2018
It was a great experience working here is very paced, friendly co-workers, but it was somewhat difficult having different supervisors
everyday telling you how to work and how it should be done but they were very easy on me.But it's all about focusing on your work
It was a place where to me it favored peolple
Soft lines (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NENovember 7, 2018
If you didnt work enough hours tries to be friends with everyone to some of the managers working there you did not get favored there. They didn't like to work with there employes schedule.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Bad managers
Productive and Busy Place to work at
Hardlines Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 5, 2018
Working at Target is a Lot of Fun. I have learned a whole lot not only about myself but about the company as well. The atmosphere is a very well rounded Team Environment. There is always a Team Member there to help with whatever questions, comments, or concerns that we may have or come up.
Fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 5, 2018
I was accepted into the team very quickly, and people were always happy to help me learn new tasks. HR was very helpful when I had to file a complaint about a fellow employee.
Pros
Employee discount, inclusive environment
Cons
Rude customers
Stressful
Sales Floor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 5, 2018
During my time at target, it was good, until I moved up to Team Lead. The store manager played favorites and if you were not one of her favorites, the job became a lot more difficult.
Fast paced
Soft lines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greece byNovember 4, 2018
End to end team in whichever department you need to know how to perform multiple jobs. Very high paced work environment. The guest always comes first.
Pros
Above min wage
Cons
Not enough hours consecutively
Fun and flexible place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 2, 2018
It was fun to work with people my age who enjoyed their time at work and getting along with others. I was always encouraged to do my best each day and felt important.
Great temp job
Sales floor team member / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 31, 2018
Not a place I would recommend working your way from the bottom to the top in, but if you're looking for something temporary or seasonal then its perfect while teaching you patience simultaneously.
Work Day
Sales Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 31, 2018
A typical day at Target was would be a normal one in retail. I would unpack product and stock shelves, price product, organize. i would also do planogram and play the cashier role.
Target is great
Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 31, 2018
Working at target was an absolute delight. Most of the staff were people that were easy to get along with and the majority of the management was very nice and understanding if ever you needed time off for any reason.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no benefits
Great Job
Ship from Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2018
While there was drama at times the overall atmosphere was nice. Great coworkers and managers. The customers were probably the worst part about the job, and the varying hours you get each week.
As a college student I managed to scrape by with the pay/hours only making about $400 a paycheck, but ultimately it was not enough.
Pros
great people
Cons
drama
Retail at it's finest
Sales Floor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 30, 2018
Working at Target, as a leader is hard. You do a lot of work, without a lot of recognition. Everyday is different, so you have to be flexible. The benefits are awesome, 401(k) is a 5% match, heath/dental is fairly cheap on coverage, but all preventative is free. Management is very political, if you can get along with the STL and DTL, you are set, if not you may get pushed out. I enjoy working with the team members, especially when there is a lot to do, they like seeing leadership jump in to do the heavy work.
The people were nice but..
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 29, 2018
The management was horrible and always put to much work on your shoulders . Other than that it was fun , good hours and free lunch sometimes.The guests were even nice
Stress-free and a great atmosphere
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ 08540October 29, 2018
Target is a great place to work. Everyone communicates well and raises are given when it's suppose to be given. They have excellent training tactics. They have great structure.
Over worked with low staff stressful
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 28, 2018
I think they need to have more employees on the schedule due to call outs because then they try to over work the people that actually show up and it’s not Fair. Also, there are certain LODs that do to much. For example, they come check on you to see where your at but make you feel like your pressured and being rushed in what your doing because they want you to move on and do more, and I get it it’s their job to check on us but please don’t do it every 15 min and I know it’s our job to multi task but it’s not our fault you didn’t schedule enough people and now you have like 5 call outs. They don’t pay enough for everything they expect you to do and stressing you to do it at their pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably