Target Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Not much rest time
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 22, 2018
Not much breaks, hard to find people to help me when I was learning. I felt as if people were always too busy to help me help the customers when I didn't know what I was doing
Nice coworkers
Softlines/Sales Floor Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2018
I worked softlines and was required to fold clothes, put them back, answer questions from guests, assist them in locating items, pull things from the back if I could, back up on the register, and help out with other locations if needed. The hardest part depends on what store you work at. For me it was one of my coworkers who liked to act like a manager and peak around corners while asking you what your doing or push their work onto me. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have to be that there was always something to do and I never got bored. The only issue I really had was when they made me wait outside for my ride in the dark when I closed.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, nice management.
Cons
The random shifts
Fast paced and entertaining
Sales Floor Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAApril 19, 2018
#1 customer service. It was very fast paced because of the volume of the store. The days were eventful. Never a dull day. Employees are kind and with good sense of humor.
Pros
#1 customer service and great respectful customers
Cons
Scheduling is inconsistent
Poorly Managed
Sales Associate/Soft Lines Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Center Township PAApril 18, 2018
Very inconsistent hours and shifts making everyday life with a family very difficult. unreliable management support. Wonderful ideas that were never carried out to improve overall status of store.
Expected way more.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 16, 2018
Shockingly, I expected the atmosphere to be more upbeat but the management level truly ruined these expectations. I also expected training, but that is severely lacking as well. Most of my work is figuring things out on my own and trying to take bits and pieces from observing others and tailoring each shift to whoever is the lead manager that night. With no consistency in expectations for what is expected of me and management that is critical but does not take the time to actually train you= very disappointed and not looking forward to staying with the company long term.
Decent team member culture.
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 15, 2018
Target is a great pace to work at. The team culture is very nice. Team members are recognized for their hard work. If you are doing your part at work, you are being appreciated.
Stressful
BEAUTY SPECIALIST/SALESFLOOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866April 11, 2018
In a typical work day, one can be running around doing their higher up's job. You will most likely ask you to do multiple things in one day and continually ask for you to do more and you'll become stressed out. I have learned that some people don't respect the working staff at retail jobs. The higher up's have a tendency of scheduling you closing one day and then schedule the next day to do ad set at 5am.
Constant Department Changes and Shuffling Around
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 11, 2018
When I worked at Target they make EVERYONE cashier regardless of what position or department they hire you in. And every 20-40 minutes they call people up to stop what they are doing and run up to the front for mandatory backup cashiering. Target likes to shuffle people around departments often cross training people to fill whatever roll they please. Very flexible scheduling which is nice and they used to have a swap board where you could post a shift and someone might take it or you can take another persons shift. Overall the hours were sketchy and they really FORCE extremely on people to push target credit cards onto people. It gets really old. overall unless you are right out of high school finding a starting job or desperate for money I'd look elsewhere.
Bullseye in the back
Executive Team Leader - Sales Floor/GE (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 11, 2018
Company has changed dramatically in the last year. Not a good work life balance place to work. Work nights, weekends, and all holidays! Discount sucks only 10%
Collaborative yet indepent workplace
Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
Great beginning sales job. Got to work in different departments during my 3-month employment. Learn about different merchandise and selling techniques to customers.
Pros
hour breaks, competitive sales, friendly atmosphere
Good workplace for students
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2018
This job is great for students trying to pay their way through school. This job is fast paced and stressful but can be rewarding if you put in the effort.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
Lack of communication via management
Fun Place to work
Team Member Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2018
I applied online on their website & within few days got interview call .I went for interview.Two round interview was there & I got selected & they gave me conditional job offer the same day. I find it flexible in terms of working hours,people & team leaders are helpful at Target.I would recommend Target as your next employer
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Work culture is very good
Cons
not known yet
Great Company
Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCApril 10, 2018
Target was by far the best company I worked for. Flexible and understanding when it came to my kids or schooling. Pay rate was very reasonable as well.
Stressful
Sales Associate| Softline (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 9, 2018
Recent General Manager change, and ever since it's been hard to make ends meet with the new environment being very stressful with micromanagement and scheduling outside of my availability causing me to either call out or have someone take my shift making me lose out on hours. I've been working at Target for over 2 years and loved my job and working environment. Since the new management came in, the atmosphere is drastically different and I don't look forward coming in and doing my job like the way I use to.
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
lack of structure
not the best
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 5, 2018
i would never reccomend working at target to anyone. yes the pay is good but the management sucks and they don't treat their team members like adults. mcdonalds would be a more professional environment
productive
Soft lines Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 5, 2018
only there for a shirt time. low pay. low hours. low discounts. employees arent appreciated. managers dont communicate. last minute requests to employees and their schedules
Pros
optional overtime
Cons
N/a
Target is a good place for a teen or college student to work
Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 5, 2018
Target is a good place for a teen or college student to work. The pay is not so good and they require you to take on a lot for little pay. The job is not very hard it's just that there isn't enough workings and the shifts are almost never steady.
Productive and fun
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 5, 2018
worked sales floor helping customers. Always on feet, running around. Plenty of time to socialize with customers and coworkers. Scheduled breaks and multiple supervisors.
Awful Job
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAApril 4, 2018
I hated my managers who were incompetent and would verbally harass the staff. We were told we were expendable and sometimes sent home without even clocking in because "we weren't needed".
Good place for a first job
Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
Employees work as a team to accomplish daily task. Excellent training program. Salary low for the work performed. Great place to learn the ins and outs of retail merchandising.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K

2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight