Target Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 2,201 reviews matching the search See all 33,702 reviews
Fast paced working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 18, 2018
Target is a great place to work if you’re able to multitask. Some days can be pretty tough because the guests can be cruel. But overall it’s a fun job
it was good
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAAugust 17, 2018
it was good, i had tons of fun, just tons. I like grapes, peanut butter, and, chips. And their discounts helped me obtain these three things. They are flexible on hours, and good pay.
An okay job
Salesfloor Team Member - Fitting Room Operator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 17, 2018
Target is an okay place to work, and the experience you get working at Target is dependent largely on which store you work at. Management can either make or break the store, and I have seen one manager almost completely break my store, whereas the current one is doing great.

A typical day consists of zoning your area, stocking it, while helping guests find what they need.
Target
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 15, 2018
When working here, we were able to get the red card. This is something I suggest everyone get. Working with customers was beneficial to my overall growth.
Customers keep you going and make the day go by faster
CASHIER/RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 15, 2018
Cashier or floor stock (hardlining). Customer care, assist customers should they need anything; for example, wanting to know where things are etc. Management was fair, but hardly ever saw general manager. The atmosphere was casual and easy-going for the most part, although there were days, especially during the holiday season where things were stressful and overwhelming.
Pros
Employee discount, flexibility in hours
Cons
Short breaks
Target is a great place to work
sales floor team member and back room (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
Target is a great place to work to get retail experience they will teach you to have standards think outside the box the listen to to your ideas mold you and make you a great team member
In the End, It terrible.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAAugust 14, 2018
I describe Target as Unfair. Once your hired, It's decent but once your Laid off just for being a minor then thats when they resist hiring you in the future.
Pros
better than nothing job
Cons
no equity
Exciting and fun place to work!
Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNAugust 13, 2018
Relaxed work environment yet exciting. Great staff and management ! Productive and there is always opportunities to learn something new. Great hours and very flexible.
It was ok for a while..
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 13, 2018
Working at Target was okay for a while until they got new managers. The whole place is micromanaged and your work goes unappreciated. All they care about are the sales of red cards and I really don't feel like they truly care about their team members.
Best Retail Job I've Had
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAAugust 13, 2018
Target is the best retail job I've had, but after two years I need to find a real career now that I'm out of college. Part-time retail just does not meet the financial needs I have now.
Pros
Great coworkers, fun environment
Cons
Lack of hours, low pay
Downhill Spin
Sales Floor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
It has been a long long run with Target, and for the most part it has been a good run. In the last decade, Target has done a lot to stay competitive and up to par with the competition. They are always trying to push the envelope with technology and stay trendy. It is a fun place to work until you start to get a few steps up the ladder. Once you are able to take a peek into the political side of the upper management, you start to see that there is a lot of cutting throats and dirty work going on at the top. I have seen 1-5 year role Store Leaders fire 35 year veterans to save their own butts. I have seen new hires come on and get paid the same as someone with 10+ years loyalty. Target, like other employers has good and bad, but the bad is starting to outweigh the good. I hope for the future they start to take steps of correction.
Pros
Team Culture, Friendly Employees, Good Benefits
Cons
Unfair Pay, Many Politics
Target is a great place to get your foot in the door if your going into retail.
Sales Floor Team Member/Fitting Room (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 9, 2018
They want you to do the job your getting payed to do. They noticed those employees who did above and beyond. Its still retail and that can get very stressful Things need to be done in a timely manner and sometimes there just doesn't seem like there is enough time in the day. I love the team meetings before each shift.. They help to build you up and I had a store manager who made you believe you could get it done and even if you couldn't you really wanted to try for her.
Uptight management, otherwise fine
Team Member Sales Floor, Operator, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 9, 2018
They respect religions of employees, offer cross-training, have discounts, and encourage good relationships.
However, their managers only know how to talk in condescending tones.
Male managers like to stand way too close to female employees and customers
Pros
Discounts, seasonal prizes and apparel, usually calm
Cons
Target shoppers
Still working
Sales Floor Hardlines (Current Employee) –  Livonia muAugust 9, 2018
I am trying to find a new job now I don’t think target is for me however they have went to starting pay at 12 dollars a hour but they never let anyone work over 25 hours unless you pick up other people shifts and working 25 hours doesn’t qualify you for insurance
Alright place
Soft lines (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 8, 2018
I would work in Soft lines which is all the clothing, shoes, and baby stuff. Customers would constantly leave displays a mess so it would be never ending.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
poor pay
Its a cool job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 7, 2018
Typical work flow and great employees learned a lot about team work and how fast you can get things done with help from the team. Need more cashiers so the flow of the store can go by faster and not have so many people complain when there's not a lot of employees.
Pros
Great customer services
Cons
Short staff all the time
Not worth it.
Beauty Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOAugust 6, 2018
There's a reason why I see the listing for a beauty floor associate at Target every time I look at job listings...

I absolutely loved working as a floor associate in beauty. The job itself, that is. The management is borderline abusive, and no, I'm not exaggerating. You're getting mixed judgments from all angles, from different managers, all the time. No matter how well you're doing, it won't be good enough for them. It's impossible to meet their standard and you will wear yourself out trying to do so. Don't do it.
Pros
competetive pay, pleasant clientele
Cons
unappreciative higher ups
Fun
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2018
Really fun and relaxed, some rushes are managable. You have a great team to work with. There is alot of managers who step into helpp you when you need and ask for help. Management was great.
Pros
discount
Target is a great place to work
Seasonal Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 5, 2018
Overall the target I work at in Woburn , everyone works as a team and its a blast. We all work together, but we all have fun at the same time. The pay is retail grade so lower than average, but the job is relatively easy, though can get stressful if you have a difficult customer/guest to deal with. Overall though most of our guests are awesome and I know some on first name basis by now. The location is convenient to anywhere North of Boston via 93 and the management pushes you but not overly. They let you do your own work and grow into the employee they want you to be for the company while nudging you along the way. They do however expect you to follow the target code of conduct. Overall its a great positive place to work, and should be the bullseye target of any job search.
Pros
Great people, Great customers, good discounts, fun work environment
Cons
sometimes a lack of hours when you need them.
good place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 5, 2018
Target is a great place to work. pay is good work culture is good. it can be fast paced at times but everyone works together as a team so it makes everything flow smoothly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.5K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight