Target Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Found 274 reviews matching the search See all 45,932 reviews
Fast paced positive environment saftey awarded
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 14, 2019
Pretty much a very well operated DC.. Getting to understand an become familiar with previous history working such in past simply had to become a new student in a old class . Management nothing bad to express along with multiple trailers loading at one time require enjoyable previous experience ..
Fun Place to Work with Good co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 9, 2019
Enjoyed working here. Most of my day involved standing behind a register. More responsibilities when opening and closing. Management was fair and conversational. Big emphasis on getting red cards.
The absolute worst place I ever worked
Beauty Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 31, 2019
Put simply the management is absolutely atrocious. Even when the higher-ups do illegal and shady stuff it is completely passed over by corporate. so many people like to think that Target traits and pays their employees better than Walmart but that is absolutely not true. They are exactly the same to their employees. said it before and I'll say it again Target is the worst place I have ever worked and I worked at McDonald's.
Seasonal
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  College Point, NY 11356October 30, 2019
I enjoyed unloading shipments and helping customers find what they were looking for. It was a seasonal position and was not offered a full time job after the holidays.
productive
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 30, 2019
Working at target you are expected to get new friendly customers everyday. Very entertaining job and also hands on. Enjoyable moments are the holidays seeing what people get others as gifts and just helping throughout the store. The managers are very nice.
Working for Target is a con game.
Hardlines Team Member- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 26, 2019
Target will hire “seasonal” employees with the promise that with hard work and good effort toward customer satisfaction they will hire you on as a full time employee. See the lure to bring in “seasonal” employees is with above minimum wage and this promise all the while they have already filled employees who are at minimum wage in those positions. So at the end of your contract they always find a reason to let you go and bring in another batch of “seasonal” employees thus keeping down their need to provide benefits to employees which would cost Target profits. Not to mention how back breaking the work is to begin with. You have to constantly move boxes from the back room to your aisle of responsibility, unpack items, sort them and make the aisles pretty and return customer items to aisles all day. The store aisles aren’t small and some of the items can weigh a ton. Believe me when I say they expect perfection. Oh, and when you have to take excess items to the back room for storage you have to carry it up a 30 foot ladder, often very heavy objects, to shove them into near nonexistent spots for storage which only slows you down even more. All this while smiling and having to stop and ask every customer if they can find everything they need. The job is he!! and this coming from a woman who was in the Army.
Pros
Above minimum wage for a seasonal job
Cons
Everything but the pay for a part time seasonal job
Waste of time if over 21 years old
Seasonal Helper (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 14, 2019
With 3 decades of work experience behind me, I applied to a seasonal job in the Easton store to supplement my income so I could pay my health insurance and keep a roof over my head. Sadly, within 24 hours of submitting the application, I received a bittersweet "no thank you, we found someone more qualified" email, yet they continue to post the same job ads over and over. I guess whatever 18 year old they have hired to screen these applications felt threatened and insecure.
Fast paced work
Seasonal Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 2, 2019
The pay and compensations were very good and it was one of the better warehouse jobs I have had. The hours vary depending on the seasons so you never really knew how many hours you would be working a day.
Seasonal Reset Team Member
Seasonal Reset Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 28, 2019
I found the management to be very disconnected. Job training was at an Express Rate and could have been done better. They wanted me to know how to use their zebra device for Merchandising but they didn't even give me one for most of the express training!! Like I'm supposed to have a photographic memory of everything they said ?? They trained us how to use the zebra device and how to merchandise and work the stockroom simultaneously. I recommend they teach you how to use the zebra device first then teach the other aspects of the job!
If you're not sure how to use the zebra devise immediately they act like you have a problem?
During orientation they emphasize how open they are to new ideas and questions but if you ask the same question more than once they react like it's a big problem!
Nice place to work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 23, 2019
Target was a nice place to work. Training was a bit poor due to the hectic holiday season but team members were always happy to help teach me something I didnt know.
Was alright, not treated quite fairly
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 20, 2019
Was a good working/learning experience for me for a first time retail experience, however, since I was only hired on as a seasonal employee for the holidays I noticed myself and the other seasonal hires weren't treated as well/fairly as the full-time/part-time employees.
Pros
Good for a first time job
Cons
Your position determines how you're treated by management
Great Company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 14, 2019
Everyone is so helpful. It is one big team and everyone helps each other to get the jobs done. Sometimes it is more work than others, but it gets done.
Run
Seasonal Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 13, 2019
Do not apply, management has unrealistic goals and cuts hours even if you somehow manage to make their requests. Hours are incredibly bad unless you’re higher up, good for a high schooler or maybe someone who’s retired.
Pros
It’s a job?
Cons
Literally everything
it was a good place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2019
it was very enjoyable to work there. i had great management and co workers and the pay is amazing. i really felt welcomed and like it was a safe space to work as it was a very accepting and inviting business.
Busy and Stressful
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 31, 2019
The environment is stressful and the employers ask too much from you without giving you the acknowledgment you deserve. The payout is just not enough.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
No stability
Seasonal Horror
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIAugust 21, 2019
Alright, first I should make it known I was a seasonal employee there so I didn't have as much experience as others, however there is still some things I can say that make me never want to go back to working there.

First, I honestly thought that, while it was stressful at times, it was still a great learning experience. I did learn quite a bit about working there that I now carry into my now job as a manager for a local fast food restaurant. I also thought that my co-workers were pretty amazing. My managers on the other hand, not so much. But I'll get to that later.

The first big issue that I had was training was very minimal. I had one week of training, then I was expected to work at an insanely fast pace each and everyday. Getting stock on the shelf from each cart in less then an hour. Overall the pace was the most stressful part of the job.

The second most stressful part of the job was you had to know where EVERYTHING in the store was located. Even if it wasn't your department, you still had to know because management expected you to know so we could get customers moving and keep them from wondering the store endlessly. On top of that you also had to know who was working in each department so you knew who to call on if you had questions cause management didn't like you asking questions to them all the time.

Also, there were some nights where I worked the closing shift. This was the biggest problem for me. If I worked closing, I was expected to have all stock put away, including restock, in both mine and the neighboring department before I left. And when working
  more... nights, that was a big challenge cause I could barely get half my stock done before closing and frankly by closing they wanted all employees to leave anyway so I ended up having to leave stock behind just so I could leave.

However, let me talk about my biggest issue, management. I have a lot to bring up here; first off, none of the management were able to give the same instructions on how to work there. One manager would tell me that I should take 10 minutes to clean an isle up and make it look nice. Another would tell me 5 minutes, and another would tell me 2. Honestly I never knew which one to follow.

Second was managers would mostly leave business decisions in your hands. I remember one experience where there was a baby product being sold. It was a bath toy that was missing one of its rubber duckies. The customer asked me about it and what we could do about it, and since I didn't know I tried to ask a manager. They told me flat out that I should "Use my best judgement" so I did. I gave the customer my response and they were happy with it and left. My manager then told me that my response wasn't a good one and I should've told her something else. This is not something that should happen; employees should not be given the power to make financial and business decisions like that.

Last thing, management was way too strict. I'm usually a very up-beat person and I love cracking jokes and having fun while working. It honestly felt like I could never do that here. Management would always find a way for me to do something over, or to do more work. And when chatting with customers, they would constantly try to find ways to make me hurry up with them, and move faster so I could get back to sorting product on shelves. It never felt like I could form a bond with these customers to make them want to come back and visit our store again. I was always rushed.

All in all, only good things were the discounts, breaks and pay. Everything else, doesn't make me wanna come back.

Oh, and on a side note. I was a seasonal worker that was let go after 89 days out of my 90 probation period and was forced to go back to my previous job cause I no where else to go. So that was the biggest stab in the back moment of my life.
Pros
Discounts, Multible breaks, Pay
Cons
Managment, Too Strict
Lovely environment
Beauty Team Member seasonal (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 20, 2019
I had no complaints here, nicest environment for a retail job and the pay was the absolute finest! I worked in the beauty department and was super happy and successful
Not for Everyone
Logistics Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2019
Target like most employers pitch a nice game to attract employees but once you're in the masks come off and reality sets in. I feel that if prospective employees have to be honest during the interview/hiring processes, the employers should be held to the same standards: Dear Employers, don't blow unicorn dust up our butts just to get what you want from people.
Solid
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 16, 2019
The job isn’t bad at all for what you get paid, a lot of things are repetitive but outside of that I can’t complain. You will always find ways to keep yourself busy.
wham bam thank you fam
Hardlines Team Member- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2019
Seasonal was ok, they will kick you to the curb at the end, though. They will not keep you despite what they say when they hire you. Also the hours are terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight