Target Employee Reviews for Team Manager

Fun place to work
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 9, 2017
This was a really good job but the pay wasn't there. I enjoyed everything I did. I worked in every department. The staff was really friendly not only to each other but to our guest as well.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
This place is alright
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
Here was a place for all your dreams to go and die. i worked there for 3 years and was never even promoted to team lead. if you looking for some ok cash for a short while, go ahead and apply. otherwise stay away.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
broken dreams
Target is okay
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Davis, CADecember 5, 2017
The target I worked at was alright it wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst the days were long and went by slow and the mangers only gave work to people who would be willing to complete it so people they didn't like they were free to do whatever and people who were hardworking got all the work and made them over work instead of spreading the workload evenly and fairly for everyone and to get time off was terrible you had to go through multiple people and if someone said no out of the 5 people you wouldnt get the time off it was a nightmare for planing vacations or getting sick time off
Pros
somewhat flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks and lunches almost impossible to get time off
Decent
LOGISTICS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2017
Worked in Logistics, faced paced. Hectic during peak seasons! Keeps you on your toes. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Target Corporation really needs to step it up and provide adequate material to off-site logistics workers such as safety working equipment, and holidays off! Reasonable work schedules.

One think about big corporations they over work you and pay close to nothing.
Lack of Promotion
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CADecember 4, 2017
Target is not a career, ment for people who go to school or want some extra cash. Hours are up to 40 per week only during holiday time, sales floor is the first to get cut hours, fast pace and fun to work. plus the discounts are not bad.
productive
Hardlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJDecember 4, 2017
Overall it was a good working place. Friendly employees. As a high school student it was kind of hard because they gave a lot of hours for part-time job.
Pros
free food
Cons
hard to switch shifts, long hours for part time
Fast paced
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 4, 2017
Enjoyed the fast pace work. Learned much from supervisors and always changing atmosphere. The ability to flow from one area to another was hindered most of time in the backroom, changes have been made since then which allow for more mobility to complete assigned duties.
chilled and relaxed
Hard lines team member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2017
typical workn day is cool pretty laid back and easy i work nights so everything is smooth at night customers are nice environment is chilled its really cool
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, few hours
Fun workplace. Able to work around people.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 28, 2017
Typical work day was to make sure merchandise was priced correctly. Management was great. The job was easy. The most enjoyable part was being able to comunicate with the public.
Pros
Being around people
Cons
Didn't like retail
Unwelcoming Workplace
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 25, 2017
I did not feel welcome when I first arrived at the job. Most people even a little bit above me provided poor treatment and condescending attitude. Most fellow employees felt the same way.

This information is applicable to my specific location, not representative of every Target.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor treatment
Fun place to work. Laid back.
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXNovember 25, 2017
Target was my first job after high school. I learned a lot. From cashiering to putting milk out for the next day, you really have the opportunity to do it all and really get that experience under your belt.
Challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding.
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2017
Work is very fast-paced and has very little downtime. You're given two 15-minute paid breaks but almost never any opportunity to take them as you typically work alone and no one can cover your shift so you can take a break. The work itself feels very rewarding and my coworkers were fun to be around on the rare occasion we were able to work together. Most of the managers were pleasant to work under, but with how many managers there were, sometimes wires got crossed and you'd end up being told to do something that another manager doesn't want to be done, etc.
Pros
Mostly pleasant customers, good in-store discounts, fun coworkers.
Cons
Stressful, too many managers who don't intercommunicate, difficult to take breaks.
It was alright.
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 17, 2017
I only worked here briefly but the managerial team seemed super nice for the most part. Pay was a little low. Recently got offered a leadership/low level management position there that paid the same as my current line level job. Discount was okay. Pretty neutral experience overall. Mostly just a lot of nice people working there.
Pros
Nice Coworkers, Culture
Cons
Pay, Discount, Stress
It Was Just a Job
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLNovember 10, 2017
Just stocked shelved, helped guests, occasionally worked electronics and the cart attendant positions. Really was just a first job, nothing more, nothing less.
Everyone gets treated like family
Electronics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MANovember 10, 2017
Would highly recommend working here for either a temporary job or a first job. There isn't any good career advancements available & pay defiantly is not the best. Great for a first job or temporary job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
It was a good first job.
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2017
Target was my first job. We got a 10% discount which was nice, but there was a huge lack of communication with management. I worked there over summers and other breaks when I was home.
Target
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Target. The workplace was friendly and open. I love working with a team of dedicated and consistent individuals who strive to make the customers experience great!
good work enviroment
Hard lines Team member/Beauty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJ 08096November 7, 2017
This is a fun easy work environment to work in! you meet new interesting people every day. Fast paced but maintainable for a busy schedule. YOu must be a team player in order to work here though
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours no over time
Awful Management
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IANovember 7, 2017
a typical day at work would consist of the LOD yelling at you to basically clean up everything that's been thrown on the floor. I get it, it's your job, but what do they do? Nothing. I learned that I hate working in retail, which is sad cause I thought it would be an enjoyable workplace.
Pros
nothing that 10% discount is nothing
Cons
everything
It's only great if you're not unloading
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 7, 2017
As an unloader, this job will drain you physically for some time that you might not want to work much longer after finishing. It's just you and around 2-3 others helping sort the merchandise while one person is stuck taking down all the boxes and the other sorts repacks. Unless you get a designated area in the store, this job is nonstop physical for at least 4 hours.

Days can be very inconsistent as one week can have you working as many as six days or as little as one day. Hours are like this too as your schedule end time is not an indicator of how long your shift will be. Sometimes, you'll stay later. Others will have you leave earlier. They don't want you hitting overtime.

If you DO get a designated area, you'll have amuch easier time.
Pros
Pay, It's great if you don't unload
Cons
Being an unloader, lack of consistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.