Target Employee Reviews for Team Manager

38.5K
22.7K
11.8K
Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 33,739 reviews
Room for growth and great pay
Team Manager (Current) (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741March 7, 2018
Great culture and vibe. Target knows how to carry its brand name and put its self out there. They are not afraid of taking risk or opportunities in new brands.
Pros
Company treats you to lunches for special ocasions
Cons
Scheduled varies from manager
great oportunity to grow
EXECUTIVE TEAM MANAGER-LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAFebruary 22, 2018
it was ok managent has changed a lot from when i started. it not a work life balance place to work for anymore, its all about dollars and cents not a great new look.
Stressfull environment and lack of discipline
Team Manager Overnights (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 17, 2017
Horrible Corporation to work for. Not heading in the right direction and cutting cost by getting rid of employees and not paying them what they deserve.
Pros
5% discount card
Cons
No advancement and lack of direction
Great starter to grow skills
team member talent, and time management (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2017
Target is great for college students or recent grad to start growing skills as for the salary only offers very low income for freshly graduated and that is practically all they hire.

Team culture is great and there is room for advancement but you really have to earn it. I started as seasonal and scale all the way up to team leader in less than 5 months.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Driven Workplace
Salesfloor Team Lead (Manager) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2017
Target prioritizes company success over all else, with decent benefits. It has been a joy and privilege to grow and develop within the company for so long. i am now looking forward to moving into a new location for a fresh start and new challenge.
Benefits
Cons
lack of communication within company hierarchy
Productive and Fun. Compensation not the best.
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2016
Management fun and friendly. Lots of opportunity to learn new processes and skills. Plenty of great moments with peers, and employees. Hardest part of the job is honestly dealing with corporate changes with very little follow up or communication on implementation.
managment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJJuly 28, 2016
Very easy job, great people who work there. management always tried making the work day more fun and not so boring. Gets very busy with everything that needs to be done but relatively good.
Pros
managment
Cons
scheduled lunches
Target was a great place to work , Target gives back to the community it' was a pleasant place to work. Target helps when you need them.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2016
Target was a great place to work, always an open door to employees. The member were trained to love their job or not be part of the family. The day never feels like work, I went from entry level cashier to deli cashier to mgr. then to Starbucks mgr.The hardest really wasn't hard,taking orders off the truck is the hardest .I enjoyed the customer some were on first name , witch made it feel so welcome to them.
Pros
Great place to work always careing about the crew.
good job
TARGET FRIEGHT TEAM, DOCK MANAGER DAY AND NIGHT (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WAMay 16, 2016
8-10 hr days check in trucks look for security issues. unload stage to floor get dock ready to receive overstock. learned how to work with vast verity of vendors. co-workers made the job fun the worst part is several truck nights and trying to keep the dock workable
fun place to work truly care about there employees
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 4, 2016
Guest services is very fulfilling. Always something to do. Answering phone, customer resolution, return/purchase item for customers/employees, sorting items to be put back in proper areas. Learn how to manage different areas in store. All my co-workers were great to work with, like a big family. Hardest part of my job was leaving cause of pay rate wasn't competitive. The most enjoyable part was making a customer happy.
Pros
employee discounts, free food from grocery when store needed to get. rid on expired items
Cons
Competitive pay, health care insurance is high
fun workplace at the time
Assistant Team Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 12, 2016
The hour flexibility was great for a HS/College student. It was a fun place to work. Many life-long friendships were made.
Target
Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 29, 2015
Great company to work for and they have great technology. They are very organized. It's been about 10 years since I worked for the company but I enjoyed it.
Excellent workplace with lots of advancement opportunities
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKDecember 27, 2014
Working for Target was an excellent experience for me, I loved leading my team to success and seeing our positive impact on the store as a whole. The management, especially my direct manager Dustin Hart, were very helpful in leading me to my promotion as a Team Lead. The hardest part of the job though was communicating what needed to be done each day with every other department team leaders to get the store to work together as a whole. My favorite part of the job was building the promotional end-caps, as I loved the end result of shelves and product that looked excellent and encouraged consumers to shop. I get a lot of job satisfaction from a job well done.
When my wife was transferred to Florida for work, I was very sad to leave this position.
Pros
10% team member discount, fun work environment, friendly staff
loved working for Target
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 13, 2014
excellent people and loved working for a "Big Box Retail" establishment.
Pros
excellent environment to work in
Cons
limited advancements without a degree
Not always a fun place
Executive Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 17, 2014
Because of their expansion attempts to compete with Walmart, Target has reduced labor in the stores and every job is that of 3 persons.
Pros
New Daily Challenges
Cons
Is not Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Great Atmosphere
Team Lead / Hard Lines Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Weekly research/inventory of sale items
Schedule and monitor 10+ team members
Participate in display decision making and arrangement
productive very large company
Title Team Lead (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Delran NJDecember 20, 2013
great place to work very pleasant , customer service is very important and #1 priority
Pros
great incentives overall great company
Productive; Not Fair all of the time
Team Leader-Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 26, 2013
Productive; Not Fair all of the time
Stressful
Made great money as a Team Leader
Fun
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 2, 2013
learn management skill, scheduling, product control, pricing & Plano, supervising a team, assigning work to team member daily
great company to excel
TEAM LEAD(MANAGER ) (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 4, 2013
I started at target as a backroom team member and worked my way up through three stores to become a team lead of logistics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably