Target Employee Reviews for Team Member

11.9K
Found 2,350 reviews matching the search See all 34,391 reviews
excellent
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HISeptember 17, 2018
the hours is low and very quickpace, but you can increase it after probation based off your performance and your willing to work.
very good place to start I prefer overnights, but everyones different.
Pros
excellent pay for low hours, benefits, managing, prep for better jobs. flexible schedules
Cons
low hours
Its a temporary job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Fun to work with when you have friends, try to learn as many things that you can while your there you will get more hours, and have fun while working but be productive.
Good Job
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 17, 2018
It was a good first job experience. It lacked the opportunities I am now looking for to move forward and after a year, it feels as if the potential to grow is limited. I would like work that feels more tailored to my future.
Don’t work here
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VASeptember 17, 2018
You will hate this job. This company has no values no morals. You will be treated like garbage they don’t care . They will make you feel like quitting every day.
fun
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 17, 2018
my typical day at work is great wonderful guest. i ve learned that customer service is a good job. management is wonderful..work place culture is organized and supported employees. the hardest part of the job is.. people not working as a team. the most enjoyable part of my job is the employees and benefits..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Fast paced working, your ability to work different parts of the store is key.
Planogram Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 17, 2018
A normal day at work would start with me and my team coming in at around 2:00 am. We would see what needs to be rearranged around the store and we would fix it for the remodel. Sections of items were taken out as new ones were added in. We put displays and decorations for holidays like Halloween and Christmas. When the remodel was finished we were trained in back-stocking, shipping, pulling batches for the stocking crew and price change. The hardest part of the jobs and time management. You need to work fast so you can move on to your next task.
Best job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Honestly, this was my favorite job that I have had to this day. Great team, made sure I was well trained. Management had great problem solving and overall just a great company to work for even in the rush of the b]holiday season.
aggravating
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 16, 2018
target was very aggravating and stressful. the management was horrible and they dont care about anything but red cards in hate red cards now and i will never get one
I can’t see myself staying long...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 15, 2018
Basically all you do for a 8 hour shift is put things on shelves, it’s extremly boring with little to no contact with people unless they need you to rush over to the register for fast service. The pay is ok but the job itself is so dull and not fulfilling.
Pros
pay, nice co-workers
Cons
boring, tedious, tiresome
Productive work place
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 15, 2018
Target was great for the while I was there, however It wasn’t a job that benefited myself for my career. It is very fast paced and productive. Liked meeting new people and always felt comfortable with my work crew.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Never having weekends off
Very fun and easy to get into
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Definitely worth trying. Target is a big store full of opportunities and friendly faces. The work wasnt so difficult and the pay was suffice. Great for fast paste workers.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, overtime, friendly people, good management, great pay
Cons
Thrown into the field with little knowledge, always need to keep up the store
Fast paced. But not safe or comfortable
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Working at Target is so fast paced and unorganized that I think it a really dangerous job cause we don't see a lot of teamwork and everyone is in a hurry with heavy item or full items accident happen a lot. Thank god none of them are major just small accident. but I do fear of having a serious accidents because of short staff and fast paced.
Pros
Dentist Insurance, Short hours
Cons
unsafe work enviroment, no rooms, and close calls!!
Stressful environment with minimal assistacne
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 13, 2018
I was alone at nights in my department. Not even the manager's would help me. Not worth the time of applying. Plus the managers play favorites. Was treated very unfairly.
Cons
No benefits, no union, managers play favorites
Management does not care
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Management does not care about the growth of its employees or listen to suggestions. They hire more people during slow seasons instead of giving hours to employees already there and asking for more hours.
its ok
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 12, 2018
They promise positions and then they do not deliver the promise. i have been on the bench for a position for a year and still won't deliver even having a position available.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of management
Okay place to work
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Target is a decent place to work at but they pay new employees more than employees who have been there for years get paid and the management is very disrespectful to their employees.
Boring work place
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 11, 2018
It wasn’t horrible but I probably wouldn’t recommend working there. It was just a temporary job for me so I didn’t need it to be perfect, some people might enjoy all those people but I personally would like to see less people in my day of work
Pros
Breaks, discounts
Cons
When only 2 people would be on the registers at the once but there’s be 50 customers in line
Taregt was a great place to work and its for everyone.
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 11, 2018
Target is a place for everyone to get together and work hard. Your team is your group of co workers but also friends. I loved working at target. I will recommend.
Pros
They knew how to treat eveyone.
Cons
Coworkers would sometimes take things that weren't theres.
Fun
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 10, 2018
Fun place to work as you meet hundreds of different types of people per day. Flexible hours and great management. Easy to learn new things as managers were great at coaching.
Pros
Quick paced
Cons
Shiny on the outside, Rotten on the inside.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Target Co. talks a good game, acts like it is so benevolent. They have various tactics to try to convince the workers that they are a great place to work. They have some food days where they give you lunch and they talk about teamwork but really when it comes down to it it is too much work for too few people in too little of a time. They expect 1 person to do 3 peoples worth of work in 3 hours when it would take 6 with all 3 people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management, cult-y atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight