Target Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 2,532 reviews matching the search See all 36,538 reviews
A alright workplace
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2018
It was a aright workplace, unloading freight , customer service, audit the work zone, clean it from stray items, nice people with good attitudes, bosses were pretty nice.
Pros
had lots of free food events
fast-pace and challenging palace to work in
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2018
It is a good place to live. If one is working with the right supervisor, you can advance quickly. However, the schedule and shift change a lot which lead to instability
Always something new
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 11, 2018
I would start out straightening clothes, then we would get called up to the registers to help check out customers, and then we would have to clean up some sort of mess.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
No cons
Needs to be knowlegeable in every department
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2018
i have learned in this job how to be nice to people, work in a past pace environtment, the hardest part if only few employees are around, it meansi have to cover every departmen. its a fun place to work also.
Upper management issues
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNDecember 10, 2018
Coworkers are fun to work with. Upper management in store is a lot of recent college graduates that go on power trips. Some of the managers are actually good and care about you and the department. The actual department manager that I worked for was the best manager that I ever had at a job.
Cons
Short breaks and absolutely no overtime, ever.
Basic retail store
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNDecember 10, 2018
It has been so long. Good staff fun place. Did normal retail stuff. Stocked shelves, cashier, among other things. Peddling credit cards was a little tedious.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Sometimes bad scheduling
Good job but limited hours
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 10, 2018
Target is a good company but the specific store that I work at has hired way too many people and we are only getting 1-2 shifts a week. This wasn't terrible for a few weeks but now I am about to graduate and I cannot live off of 4-9 hours a week.
Nice place to work with caring managers and staff.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 10, 2018
I would stock, cashier, and clean based on what was needed from me that day. All of these jobs have customer service as a requirement as well, and this is very important. Helping the customers at target is something placed on a pedestal.
Pros
Usually free food in the break room.
3 days, 12 hour shifts, high pay for warehouse job, low pay for OM but they not the greatlest most of the time
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 10, 2018
no care for family life, if your behind on work or its the holiday months, expect mandatory overtime 10 or 12 hour shifts. work 364 day a year, only December 25 off. managers walk on you most of the time but wont help you move up. in my case they tend to use the Team Members to look good but give little to no recognition for them. each department only gets 2-5% vacation at a time, so that's usually only 2-4 ppl that can get a day off and they go of seniority.
Pros
pay, 3-4days off when not in peak season, benefits
Cons
long days, promanagement, hard to advance
Abuse of power
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 9, 2018
The TL and LODs give you a set of task where you need to be more than one person to complete everything. The abuse of power is an understatement, they’ve yelled at us in front of “guests”. They treat us with no respect and talk down to us. They take advantage of new members and make them do their work for them, claiming it’s just a “favor” then get angry when you don’t have time to help them. I’ll give the store some cred and it’s the team members, but of course it’s like high school and it’s like a soap opera everyday. When I had first started I would have 30 some hours and now I only get 12-15 hours. Which eventually got me a depressing looking check!! I barely got trained in my area. And then they threw me on the register to bare it out myself. Overall the store itself sucks, but the team members is what makes me stay. I honestly hope they get things straightened up around there for everyone’s sake.
Pros
The pay, team members
Cons
Team leaders and LODs
Good job to keep bills paid, management could do better
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204December 9, 2018
Overall, team work and team members go hand in hand, but management could've been better. Workdays are normally moderate, but can be either very fast or very slow.
Great Experience
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 9, 2018
A typical day is fast paced but not stressful. I learned better guest services and awesome strategies on how to resolve work-related issues. Management was great.
Ok
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stow, OHDecember 9, 2018
It is a very faced paced job, depending on what your position is. They bring in food for everyone once in a while which is nice. The managers can be complete air heads though.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
Very great place to work. Very fun and harding coworkers. Competitive pay. Amd good benefits. We all worked as a team. Managers were all great and understanding
very productive
Team member (Current Employee) –  MNDecember 9, 2018
good environment and good team work, management is very good but need to increase the pay. everyday is a learning day. all day is busy day and enjoyable.
The company itself is wonderful, but individual store management is atrocious.
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VADecember 8, 2018
Management from store to store is a joke. You will have support from corporate, and the company itself is wonderful. But store management needs an overhaul in training.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
Unfair & Stressful
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 8, 2018
When I got the job, I was excited. Co-Workers were very friendly. A couple weeks into the job LODs were beginning to be a bit rude. I never got the credit I deserved, customers would admire my help and LODs would tell me my customer service was horrible. It was very stressful. The pay and hours were horrible. The favoritism in that place was unfair. I only got 8-20 hrs a week. My raise was disappointing because of all my unnoticed hard work. I never got a good compliment from them, which is why I left...
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Raise, management
management
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 7, 2018
they were wonderful I loved going to work everyday it was Avery healthy environment I loved working and helping the costumers I learned something new everyday
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less fun
Very fun place to work
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 6, 2018
You have to be able to move at a very fast pace if you want to work at target . There is not a time you will have to yourself if you’re on the sale floor .
eh, not the best
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VADecember 6, 2018
Management was poor and nothing was ever fixed. equipment was constantly broken and it made the job difficult. The pay was good and i had no problems with the work itself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight