Target Employee Reviews for Team Member

Good temporary job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at Target is a matter of getting your pulls done as quickly as possible while done correctly and helping guests. You may be asked to do other tasks such as zoning and stray but they are not hard tasks much rather just time consuming. You'll learn that if you ever need a team everyone there is happy to help but there are some who may not be as eager. Management is professional but also able to be informal rather than just a boss. The hardest part would be the cold temperatures of the freezers and the sometimes heavy objects you have to move or lift. The best part of the job are your co-workers all ages and all personalities can be found at target you just have to find your people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Scheduling
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Good people just terrible hours and not the best managers long day very busy i learned about fast pacing and hard work throwing the truck and the people were the best
Pros
10% off discount
Cons
Short break
Productive and fast paced work place
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Your hr and all the team leaders will work with you to get you as fast as you can be to unload truck and stick the store thru out the whole night. If you like saying up at night this will be a perfect fast paced job it keeps you active
Pros
Discounts, and insensitives if you say for overtime
Cons
I was only temporarily for that season
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 17, 2018
I worked at Target for about 3 months and let me tell you, the first time I walked through those doors I can feel the hate coming from my trainer. Trust me I’m not even exaggerating. He had to nerve to ask me how did I get this job? He said that because Target has a very tough hiring and interview process and I guess by the way he looked at me, he acted surprised that I even got the job. The people there are fake and they are snakes. They have way too many trainers and they walk around acting like their supervisors when they aren’t. I had multiple trainers telling me to do different things. The group leaders will shake you hand and then turn around and throw you under the bus. Too much favoritism and too many chiefs and not enough indians. The only positive is the pay outside of that, the atmosphere is horrible. If you’re on your 3 month probation, you better cross every T and dot every little I because one minor infraction and they’ll toss you. They are unprofessional, unethical, and very cruel in how they treat their employees.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Overly strict, unprofessional management, too much favoritism/politics
Great Place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNFebruary 17, 2018
Great place to work at, worked unloading truck so really early in the morning. They offer a good variety of daily hours. Just was hard to keep my work week up to 40 or above 30 hours a week.
N/a
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAFebruary 17, 2018
Terrible management , terrible treatment , very disorganized breaks were never given on time or sometimes not at all. It is a clean workplace and only the management needs improvement
Great job for students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2018
They always worked around my school schedule for the most part. There was one period where I had to compromise because they really needed coverage. The expectations to get things done by the end of the night were usually unrealistic and we would be required to stay an hour sometimes 2 hours past our scheduled shift to get things done. In their mind it was the "employees not working hard enough" and not "we don't have enough people to get everything done that we need to". At least we were compensated for the extra hours. Some managers were really bad about having employees clock out and then they would make us wait for 15-30 mins while they did all of their closing paper work and then would finally unlock the doors to let us leave at the end of the night. You are required to sell redcards if you are a cashier which is not fun. I believe your experience working for target is only going to be as good as your managers make it. I knew someone that worked for another Target location and they said their managers were always stressed out, over worked and wouldn't budge on schedule changes so she ultimately had to leave. My managers were really fun and upbeat. They treated us with respect for the most part. We were compensated well compared to other big chain retailers.
Fun place to work very calm and cool
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Family oriented place to work it was fun and I would recommend anyone to work at Target it’s a great experience and very fun I also learned a lot too.
Everyday life at Target
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
A typical day at work was very stressful. I learned how to open up the area I was in by myself and close it by myself. My manager was okay. The hardest part of the job was doing everything by yourself everyday.
relaxed work environment
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 15, 2018
A day at target; you have to do all your working duties and also be called up to the registers if they need you. other than that all the managers are great. they have flexibility on your schedule.
I had 99 problems and this was one of them
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 15, 2018
I worked at Target for two years. I first started off working freight for a year, so I would start work at 4 in the morning. For the longest time, I didn't really have a set schedule. I didn't know if I was going to be working 8 hours or 2 because they kicked people out a lot of the times (mainly the truck team) because they couldn't manage the hours they were giving out to employees.

I also worked in the clothing department. It was horrible because right after you finish cleaning up a department, you'll turn around and EVERYTHING IS DESTROYED.

But that's just retail.

What really stressed me out was I felt, for the most part, I had no help.

Nothing was organized. The managers were NEVER on the same page.

A lot of employees got away with doing next to nothing while others had to carry their weight.

There was PLENTY of bad work ethic,
but at the same time, there is no incentive for good work ethic.

The manager I had previously really didn't know what she was doing most days.

You'll hear a lot of: "I'll come help you out, don't worry."
AND THEN YOU NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.

I also felt like the promoting system was absolute BS. Most days I felt SO underappreciated.

Unless they do MAJOR changes to their management, I will never recommend working here.
Pros
Coworkers are okay, employee discount
Cons
So many
Friendly
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Good co workers who provided good friendly customer service.. Good communication with staff and management.. Made sure customers and staff were save..
Cons
Not enough hours
Backroom
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Putting price's on merchandise or restocking floor. Making sure we document all merchandise that was lost, stolen or broken. Restocking backroom with new merchandise.
Target
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2018
The job was OK. Certain days had its moments where you will be stressed out due to some customers and co-workers but just move on from the situation.
Horrible place to work
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 11, 2018
Wouldn't let my worst enemies work with those people. The management only cares about themselves. They do not cater too any needs of a normal employee they bully and just basically have zero care for employees. It's horrible and I feel bad my brother still works there.
Cons
Relaxed work atmosphere with some learning potential
Planogram Team Member (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOFebruary 10, 2018
The work environment is relaxed and friendly with the management team willing to help you learn and grow in your work responsibilities. But the potential for career advancement seems to be very limited.
Pros
Stress free environment
Cons
Very limited career advancement potential
Fun work place, cares about employees
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 9, 2018
Caring staff, collaborative work place and fast paced. Management is mostly wonderful. There has to be some self motivation if you would like to be successful working for target.
Fun place to work , Okay Mangers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 8, 2018
Target is a fun place to work when you get your job done , if you don't get your job done you normally get yelled at , and sometimes the managers arent very understanding or get annoyed if you ask too many questions , but other than that its fine .
fun workplace
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I loved it here for one the managers were awesome I had fun working with everyone. we all worked as a team too get the customers what they needed and them taken care of.
The day in the life of a Target Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Target is well known for making its employees feel replaceable. It is a good job to get your foot in the door for retail but the management is power hungry and takes advantage of the lower positions being in a vulnerable position of hierarchy. My personal position has left me in a comfortable spot where job security is pretty good, however, the team is not professional and communication is almost nonexistent. The hardest part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day your quality work will go unnoticed but your slip ups will be announced.
Pros
45 min lunches, 401k, discount
Cons
management, management, and did I mention management?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K