Target Employee Reviews

Found 40,015 reviews matching the search See all 41,628 reviews
work is heavy and given a lot of responsibilities
Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 14, 2019
Everyone is in charge of their own departments.
stocking, pulling your items from the back, resting isles.
Making sure your isles are zoned, perfect!
They have a high expectation to finish all your work in the shift your given.
Target is a great first job for beginners.
Guest Service Attendant/Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJune 14, 2019
I'm only part time by choice. I love my manager. Easy going and easy to talk to. I enjoy my role there and have had the opportunity to learn different areas.
A workplace with a focus on overall performance rather than individual strengths
SALES FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 14, 2019
My experience with target was a mixed one. I came to work on time, did what was asked of me and more, but was continually placed in positions and jobs not suited to my skills or strengths, and then was reprimanded several times for not fulfilling my expected role.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, holliday pay
Cons
Overly strict management, intolerance of extenuating circumstances, little regard for the employee as an individual
Good work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJune 14, 2019
There was a lot of communication issues within management and staff. Promised raises and employment opportunities that never happened. Management gossips about employees in office most of the day while other employees hustle and sweat.to get tasks completed on time.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Breaks enforced
It's okay
Style Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 14, 2019
If you want to be micromanaged, this is the place for you. It was fun working here when I first started, but since I have a new department head who doesn't know what they're doing, it's gotten annoying.
Pros
Catered food sometimes
Cons
Repetitive
Love it
Supervisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2019
Wonderful place to work the staff n customers really make my day. I look forward to coming in each day. They provide such a great environment you dont realize how late it is.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
There isnt any
Stressful environment
Food Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 14, 2019
A typical work day consisted of doing a work load that exceeded one person. With constant interruption form management. It really forced me to learn a multitude of aspects to the business, as a learning experience it was great.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
lack of respect
Easy to make friends with co-workers and feel part of a team!
̶ Hardlines Salesfloor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 14, 2019
I had so much fun interacting with guests and helping my team complete tasks. I was busy and efficiency is key when doing your part! I made a lot of lasting friends and learned valuable skills working on the sales floor.
Pros
Good breaks, positive environment
Cons
Very fast-paced and labor intensive at times
Terrible
Drudge (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 14, 2019
I don't think so terrible cliquey to the extreme. All primadonnas basically the worst working experience in 60 years. I was legitimately I'll had to take time off with sick notes HR was just young foolish and ignorant
Great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 14, 2019
The first 2 years was a great experience after that I felt that there was no room for growth,but other that that I loved working with people and meeting new guests everyday.
Great Team members terrible managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  coral springsJune 14, 2019
I worked in there for about a year & it was terrible, managers expected the impossible, lack of communication between manager & team members. But it does has good things, if your working as anything in the front of the store the team members are very good most people are nice & respectful & every supervisor is there for you
Only for those experienced in customer service
Guest Service Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 14, 2019
I was hired for the Christmas season, which, as you can imagine, was quite hectic. I hardly received any training, which was probably a result of my prior experience working in customer service. I worked primarily at the register, sometimes being sent down to guest services to help with returns. Clientele was generally quite nice, but some were a little crabby with it being the Christmas season. Management was almost nonexistent, with the only "managers" you'd see being your supervisors. Overall I would not recommend this to someone who has no experience working in retail.
Pros
Nice clean environment, clientele is mostly nice
Cons
Hours can be erratic
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2019
Target was a great experience to work at , professional . Push you to accumulate RedCard savings to customers & want you to provide best possible customer service .
Pros
great company
Cons
scheduling
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJune 14, 2019
Good place to shop ,some of the people are ok not all. I left cause I graduated and moved out of state ....but it's ok. I still think they are too over priced.
No i would'nt recommended
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 14, 2019
Can be a fun place to work, but they have a high turnover rate for higher ups, and sometimes you get good leaders often you dont. The managers are very lazy .
Great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 14, 2019
Target has been the first job that I’ve had where I can say that the employees really treat each other like a team, or family. It is a pleasure working with such great people.
First Job
Cart Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJune 14, 2019
I learned Time Management and routine building but also flexibility in that I had to answer calls for team lifts, carry outs, or spills. Physical Job.
It's an ok place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 14, 2019
It's an ok place to work I would guess. I don't have too many problems with the place overall. The co-workers were relatively decent, the hours were long but bearable. I'm not sure I would like to get back into a position with this company but I don't have any major problems over-all.
It was a great place to work. It was extremely fast paced. The management didnt treat you like they were above you.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 14, 2019
I worked in customer service, and cashier. I also did online orders and pick ups. I worked during the last Christmas season. It was always so busy. But that's what I like. I love to be bisy
Pros
You had a break every 2 hours. And the people were wonderful
Cons
You had to deal with customers who werent so nice. But thats everywhere.
While working at Target my role was....
Market worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71115June 14, 2019
Merchandise stocking and display set up using proper equipment and techniques.
Main customer loyalty by act quickly to resolve guest concerns.
Restock items that were missing and placed orders in the 1system to receive new items.
Have computer skills and be able to retain information in a fast pace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

511.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably