Target Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 8,612 reviews matching the search See all 36,468 reviews
Target
Flow backroom team member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2018
Need something that cares more about them. Stressful. The change is not working for the store. There is not enough hour even with the holiday. The stl is new. He doesn't take the time to work with each group to fix the issue.
Pros
Pay grade
Cons
Environment
Horrible job experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CADecember 8, 2018
Would make you work 39.5 hours so you didn’t qualify as a full time employee and get benefits. Horrible shift manager would have you work an 8 hour shift till close at around 12 and have you open the next day at around 8. If you left at 12 and fell asleep at 12:20 and woke up at 7:00 to be able to get ready and get to work on time you would have only 7 hours to sleep but for people who had to commute an hour both ways this was horrible and poor management because it impacted work.
Productive Workplace
Softlines Adjacency member (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 8, 2018
I learned a lot about retail while working at Target. I also got a promotion within the first month of working there and another promotion a few months later. Overall great community
Pros
They always give you consistent hours and worked with your schedule
make it what you will
Overnight Presentation/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 8, 2018
The work is what it is and can be enjoyable or not based on how you make it. There were many good days with a few bad days. I learned new things and would have stayed but I moved out of the area.
great place to work if you have no future goals
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTDecember 8, 2018
if you are ok with working with the expectation of getting 401K with heath/dental/vision/life insurance after 1 year then dont be surprised to be fired at around the 10-11 month mark
same work every night
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 8, 2018
no overtime ever, same workload every night, good people to work with, management was good for overnight work, benefits were not much for stockers, easy work.
Pros
good people.
Cons
need better pay.
Unfair & Stressful
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 8, 2018
When I got the job, I was excited. Co-Workers were very friendly. A couple weeks into the job LODs were beginning to be a bit rude. I never got the credit I deserved, customers would admire my help and LODs would tell me my customer service was horrible. It was very stressful. The pay and hours were horrible. The favoritism in that place was unfair. I only got 8-20 hrs a week. My raise was disappointing because of all my unnoticed hard work. I never got a good compliment from them, which is why I left...
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Raise, management
Decent First Job, Nothing More
Hardlines and Backroom Stocker (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 8, 2018
Do not expect to be promoted, even after consistently being a stellar employee. Do not expect a pay raise, do not expect to be treated with respect. Do not expect your opinion to matter or to be able to speak your mind without being disciplined for doing so.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Choice About Schedule or Getting Extra Hours, Lack of Overall Respect
The management is very unorganized
Apperal Associate (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 7, 2018
Team leaders need more training and need to treat their employees fairly. Some team leaders make the work experience harder than it should be. Don’t get paid enough for the pressure that we get everyday.
Pros
15 min breaks, 45 min lunches
Cons
Unorgani
Simple work place but little to no advancement.
Back Room Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
Simple place to work with little to no consiquences after your inicial 90 days. Do not expect promotions unless you have been there for several years, this includes promotion to full time. After working there 2+ years I received raises that matched new arrivals (I.E: Target raised their wages to 12 dollars for new hires, so I was raised to 12 dollars)
Pros
Simple work environment that can be easily manipulated.
Cons
No advancement
Good place to work for hard workers
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 7, 2018
If you are a hard worker, this is the place you want to be. The pay is competitive, and the hours can be good. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Follow the rules, and you'll be fine.
Pros
paid breaks on campus
fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2018
working at target is fast paced, fun and demanding. it demands excellent customer service and going above and beyond. I truly enjoyed my time there and would recommend target to anyone.
Pros
weekly pay discounts
Cons
short breaks
worked their a long time ago
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  houston texasDecember 6, 2018
worked their a long time agao ,was sent home when no work was available even if we had just came to work,inconsistent hours and no advancement potential
Pros
started me out higher than others based on my experience
Cons
hours and being sent home
Productive place to work
Target Distribution (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCDecember 6, 2018
Stay focus, also stay to yourself be mindful of your breaks. Bring your food and water because working 12 hour shifts you will get hungry, and that’s it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Strenuous lot of hours
Productive and fast paced and friendly coworkers
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 6, 2018
It was an interesting experience and a good start off job for people just graduating high school but think could have better advantages of advancement in company and little more benefits and make environment more fun friendly for future customers
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CADecember 5, 2018
Its a good job for people who don't have a family life. Long hours, lots of overtime in the holiday months, High pay rate. It certainly lived up to my expectations. I really like the store and the environment.
Productive, Friendly Environment, Great management, Easygoing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 5, 2018
Working at Target was a great experience. Very friendly Coworkers, Great team to be apart of. Learned some new skills. Had a lot of fun working for them.
Pros
Discounts, Two 15 min breaks, Good pay
Cons
No overtime, Hard to get 40 hours a week
good for temporary job
PRESENTATION TEAM MEMBER/LEADER (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIDecember 5, 2018
fun place to work, room for advancement, great managers, team member were great, fun culture, great benefits, there is favoritism, employee engagement, schedule out a month ahead
Absolutely AMAZING
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTDecember 5, 2018
I've been working here for the past 5 months and I absolutely LOVE my job. I've become so close with my peers, the management is so sweet and always so understanding. The hours are very flexible, and I never feel like I'm stressed or tired. Everyone is so caring and helpful when you first start out, and they make sure to always come by and see how you're doing while you're working even when you're fully trained. Everyone is always on top of things. Very clean, helpful store. I never intend on leaving. The pay is amazing.
Pros
Free food in the breakrooms, amazing team, on time breaks, flexible scheduling, good management, paid benefits
Cons
Nothing!!
fast paced long hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYDecember 5, 2018
Its a good job for people who don't have a family life.Long hours, lots of overtime in the holiday months, High pay but also has crazy turnover rate there you are just a number that you need to stay up with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Target.

Powered by Comparably