Target Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Job for Students & Seniors
Target Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551December 9, 2017
Staff is friendly and helpful - great place for students and older workers -very flexible - nothing bad to say about company - only worked for holiday
Pros
45 minute lunch periods
Cons
not enough shared equipment - in example walkie talkies or scanning devices
It was a fun and busy place to work for and the other co-workers and management were really nice.
Target, Cashie (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 9, 2017
Target was fun to work for because during the holidays there are free snacks and candy for the team members and games to win prizes. The management is very nice and help you if you have any questions. The things I didn't like are the pressures they put on you to sell RED cards, Target credit cards. Also, they don't give you enough hours and,in turn, you don't get holiday pay. But over all, a very good place to work if you get a permanent position.
Pros
Fun and nice people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours or holiday pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 9, 2017
Love working there friendly kindness always happy and good team n very helpful with the guest. Good customer service stressful free always get there 10 mins early for your work shift
Pros
No free lunch bring your lunch or you can buy food there
Cons
15 mins and lunch 30 mins, n 15 mins
Stressful unhappy,no fun.
Flow Team (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2017
Management was not in touch with there team we was under man on our shift. Then ask to work faster an harder. Long work time between breaks. Couldn't talk while you work.
Pros
Meet good freinds...love the hours
Fast paced
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
A decent workplace. Very face paced; workload was somewhat tedious. Only worked there for a short period of time during the holiday season. I would recommend an associate to work there.
Fun place to work
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 9, 2017
This was a really good job but the pay wasn't there. I enjoyed everything I did. I worked in every department. The staff was really friendly not only to each other but to our guest as well.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
Great Place to Work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 9, 2017
Target was a very great place work. Friendly management and staff. Very professional and respectful. They demand a lot but give a lot in return. 401k is worth it here.
Typical Retail Job
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 8, 2017
The work at Target can get stressful and strenuous. Mostly, you clean isles and push product out onto the floor. All in all relatively simple but easy to make mistakes if you aren’t well trained or you don’t pay attention. Customers are generally not too bad at all and employees can be good sources of morale. You also get access to an employee discount of 10% and you can apply for a Target Red Card even as an employee. Sometimes food from the grocery side of the store will be offered to employees though I believe only when close to or past expiration. There were also free employee treats and events. However, management wais predictably shrewd, condescending and passive-aggressive at times. They care more about sales, enforcing policies and productivity than treating you like a fellow employee or a human being. Also all new hires are temporary for a ninety day probation period so to speak, many people get laid off near the end of the holiday season as well so if you actually want to stay awhile try to get trained in as many areas as possible. But I’d recommend that you stay only temporarily, look for a better job during your time here because your sweat and blood will be better spent elsewhere and in all probability your paycheck would be bigger too.
Pros
Employee discount, free food occasionally, occasional employee events, 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches, health insurance offered after 90 days, easy to pick up hours
Cons
Condescending management, poor job security, low wages, all employees start out temporary, no benefits initially, corporate hierarchy
Nice production and everything.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYDecember 8, 2017
It’s good place to work they pay fine. The only problem you will have is with scheduling and working tuntill close other than that you should be fine a
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad schedule
Managemnet
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKDecember 8, 2017
while at target the management changes alot. Then every week the managers changed how they wanted everything done. It was extremely stressful. The job work and life balance didn't work for me. It seemed like management wanted you there all the time even if it was your day off. The regular team members get no benefits. You can't progress up the ladder there. (management already knows who they want where) Management was terrible. THere was no communication at all. Job culture was very stressful
Awesome
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 8, 2017
Target is a very good place fun environment people are awesome the pay was great the discounts were also good the only bad thing with target no leniency with no call no shows
Pros
Discount good money
Cons
No leniency with absence
First Real Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 7, 2017
This is a good job for starting off working for the first time, learned a lot and covered a lot of different areas of the store. Hours were all over the place and I didn't get out on time. However great pay at the time started at $8.50 and by the end of 2 years I was up to $10.50/hr. The stress came from pressure of having to sell redcards, not getting lunch on time. Overall, okay for starting but not a good idea to stay long term.
Pros
Close to home at the time, discounts, paid sick time and vacation
Cons
Schedule was up and down, a lot of pressure to sell redcards, grumpy mangers
good place to grow and move up in the company
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
i worked there not as long because they were cutting everybodys hours and they had alot of favortismn with management and employees and the managers at night were too lazy as well
Pros
good discounts
Cons
lack of management
Very Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 7, 2017
I would never work at target again. The hours were erratic and some weeks we had as little as 12 hours. Some even got 8 hours. There was no overtime. The management is very childish. I felt like I was in high school again. Everyone plays favorites. So if you were a favorite you got 30+ hours. If you were despised then management would find little things to write you up for so they would accumulate and they would have cause to fire you. It's very high demanding.
Planogram Team Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was a great place to work. The staff was awesome and the pay was decent for the job. I would have kept working here had the pay and the hours been better. Would recommend to anyone that would want a relaxed part time job.
Worst job I ever had...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 7, 2017
This job was a mess from the beginning, not only did they, "forget," the day of my interview so the HR manager had to come in. Once the job started it was rough, long hours, very very low pay, raises at target are $0.10 annually if you're lucky. many people didn't get raises at all. Except for the managers getting their 4 digit bonuses of course.
Management was extremely unclear and unfair with employees, you had to set an appointment if you wanted to talk to your store manager personally and privately about an issue.

Again, worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Poor Pay, Management was impossible to talk with, No chance of promoting.
Its a fun fast and friendly place to work!
cashier (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 7, 2017
If you're looking for a part time or full time job and not looking to advance then its a good place to start. Often times you work for awhile with little to no incentive. It's difficult to move up there and stay where you move.
Cons
high management turnover rate, low pay, red card quotas
Fast fun & Friendly
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2017
A great collaborative environment , with wonderful people and a strong belief in TEAM.
I would recommend this company to anyone who want to learn how to be a true industry leader.
Pros
inhouse benefits
Cons
location
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CADecember 7, 2017
They allowed us to be free, make our own decisions as far as what was next. Just had to make sure all was done on time. They unfortunately did not pay well enough to make us do anything.
Got worse over time
Flow / Consumables (Former Employee) –  Saint John, INDecember 6, 2017
No one in management reliably stood up to corporate deadlines, so we were stretched thinner and thinner every 6 months. At first it was manageable, even somewhat fun to work there. Over time, we learned to make do as best we could with tighter deadlines and constraints. By the end it was completely impossible. Getting extra time was like pulling teeth and ultimately led to another crew helping (instead of allowing the actual crew time to complete the task). This method completely splintered worker relations, who didn't believe it was their job and cared little about the result (understandably). Trying to suggest changes resulted in naught. Methods of saving time here or their were always nixed in favor of ones that inefficiently wasted time. The stress became completely unmanageable, and I just had to get out of there. It got so bad that by the end I was doing the work for 3-4 people with the time allotment for 1 and a half. They systematically edged people out of receiving benefits come open enrollment, and raises were a joke. Sure they subscribed to the increased $1/hr each year (with maybe a dime for your actual raise), but the hours provided to the store were cut each time to save the cost. It didn't help that management got bonuses each year for saving x amount of hours, and they always operated at that level. We went through a lot of store managers while I worked there, some fired disgracefully, others using it as a stepping stone. Constant in-fighting among the lower-level managers because jurisdiction was split between hierarchy, present team lead(s), and  more... actual team lead overseeing the area. Things changed by the day, and we were always playing catch up. Just terrible.  less
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.