Target Pay & Benefits reviews

11.8K
Found 7,587 reviews matching the search See all 32,943 reviews
A job, not a career.
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJuly 18, 2018
Same as most places, routine. Work may be at times physically challenging but does not require a great deal of mental effort. The end of the workday is most enjoyable part of the day
Pros
paycheck
Cons
lack of benefits
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJuly 17, 2018
It was fun and very challenging everyday kept me doing something new. The workers there were very friendly and everybody worked together. The hours were very flexible.
Fun place to work
Softlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 17, 2018
there is no typical day at target. everyday there are new projects and new things to do. there is constant reshot but that is just anywhere you will work with retail. there however is not room for moving up in the company and no benefits.
Target Team Member
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2018
As a part-time summer job my position at Target was perfect. I was paid well and have a flexible schedule. I didn't care for the uniform. I was a teen and we all had fun but some of the older employees were unhappy.
Pros
discount
Cons
uniform
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 17, 2018
very good place flexible schedules and management listens to your concerns and helps you out when u need help and they have very good pay starting out
Great place to work especially for beginner's into the job market, people looking to supplement their income and people returning to the workforce.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced environment. Friendly, collaborative team members. Coworkers have a good attitude about their value to the company and to each other. Management is professional, salary is competitive within the retail industry. Excellent company to work for.
Pros
Team member discount.
Cons
No paid sick leave for part-time employees, even if your average hours are 32-40 hours per week.
ok
Cake Decorator/barista (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 17, 2018
Targets management in areas of the store lack. They do work with schedules, but offer hours that are not able to be given. They upped the pay but cut hours.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Decent first job
Electronics Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJuly 16, 2018
Job is good experience for first time workers, learn customer service and how to work with others. Learn how to keep things clean and work quickly. Management usually isn’t too harsh
Pros
Discount
Cons
No paid lunch and inconsistent hours
Fast paced, too much pressure, too few employees
Dairy/Frozen And stockroom associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 16, 2018
Since the remodel, management has forgone treating team members fairly. They’ve cut hours, and expect us to work harder in order to get everything done as a result. The amount of work stayed consistent, and yet we cut hours down. They still expect everything to be done as it was before (we could barely manage to complete the daily tasks before all this).
Pros
Job security
Cons
Management, dirty/ dangerous work areas
Great job to learn Sales
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 16, 2018
I loved this job. The management was great and I loved my hours and co workers. I did not love the pay. The Commission base was uncapped, but it was based on a point system which is odd and sometimes got really confusing.
when the store is not busy it gets boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 16, 2018
long day, short breaks, sometimes fun to work there. the hardest part of the job was having to stay positive even when guests were yelling at you. the most enjoyable part of the job was making friends which made the long shifts go by much faster.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not flexible with hours
Team Oriented....Not Employee Focused
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
This is a store where you can learn to work as a team, help others, learn many roles, but never get compensated for the work you do properly. Never forget they can always replace you with another high school kid for minimum wage. They will not care how much you do or how well you do it. Learning another position will not have you earn more but just earn the ability to work more for the same rate. ALL positions are Part-time except for the about 5 managers the store has. ALL POSITIONS. Even if you work full time hours for months you can always expect that one day you'll come in and your hours well be halved or worse.
Good Job for kids in High School
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37209July 16, 2018
Don't work here if you are looking for advancement. Over worked, under staffed and under paid. Got a $0.20 raise. It was insulting and affected the work culture. Team leaders are lazy and ride other employees to do their jobs.
Team memebrs were awsome
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 16, 2018
Poor care for their employees no hours to complete work task and horrible management . No respect for employees wouldn't give us on break or lunches on time . Took our lunches last minute manger expected a lot but didn't want us to give us enough time to complete task
Pros
Team member
Cons
Short break, no free luunches, stressful mangment
Fast paced retail environment
Executive Team Leader of Assets Protection (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJJuly 16, 2018
Target was a positive work environment that focused on keeping up with a customer driven business. Target was an ever changing job on a daily basis that requires adaptable from their employees. I enjoyed working for Target and would recomend it as a good place to work.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
job advancement
Energetic and fast pace.
Style Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
Where guests are the main focus. Target lacks the ability to please the employees. We do get minimum recognition which either helps ease tension or make it worse. The management team is very unprofessional. The lead manager has made several racists comments. Which proves our integrity line is no good. The compensation barely meets the heavy workload. The guests are fun which helps, also i work amongst a great team of coworkers. Overall i would only partially recommend this job to people. The compensation is actually the best part. Trust you'll find yourself begging for a raise to match the workload. Definitely could use more incentives for employees. I wouldn't mind advancing if it didn't mean working with team leaders who are just as unprofessional as the store leader. Advancing here is not worth the headache.
Pros
Occasional sandwich on holidays, nice workers, better raise then most other retail stores
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management, unequal workload to compensation, miserable environment due to unorganization/terrible management
Very fast pace during BTS-Christmas
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2018
Working at Target(3) was a great experience if this is your first job "better then Amazon(1) or Walmart(2)". If you work hard enough, you'll feel accomplished depending on your role at the store. It's very unlikely that you'll get promoted, unless you like to gossip. It always seemed to me like we were back in highschool. I understand that this is suppose to be a highschool/college job, but why treat all your employees like this job is just a revolving door...no loyalty. I had worked for this company for 7+ years, the best part of working at Target was the co-workers. You'll create a family, home away from home. Poor mangement, the stores I have worked for always seem like their were to many managers and they could never get on the same page. They would always talk behind your back and be very bi-polar it seemed. If you choose this job. I would recommend either Backroom or Plano, you'll feel more part of the store then just a face customers "Guests" can yell at. No yearly raises thanks to being a minimum wage job. You'll make the same as the guy that's been there for 3+ years. Even though when I got hired on, I was told that I would get a pay increase for the line of work I did. Guess I had to find out the hard way. Overall I really loved the job and I always felt like I had good integrity and took pride in that company for helping my store's get a 10% comp(comparable same-store sales) from the following year in the grocery department/sales floor. I guess that isn't how you get promoted in retail, it really is a shame. That shouldn't be how companies are ran. Promote from the  more... inside.
( )=Rated the top worst companies to work thanks to google
Pros
Co-workers, healthcare and one of the better retail stores
Cons
No career growth, pay, poor mangement, no yearly raises, overworked and underappreciated
Great people and fast paced
LOGISTICS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJuly 15, 2018
You on moving the entire shift. If you have nothing to do they will find something for you to do. They want their store to be the best of the best which means they hire the best. Super friendly people who can talk and get the job done. They can help you find anything you are looking for.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Mandatory overtime if they are short staffed
Low pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 15, 2018
Low pay, very few benefits, scheduling is very variable and unpredictable. It is very difficult to get full time and it is hard to make a schedule in advance.
Horrible Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 15, 2018
I have never had a job treat me like this place. For starters, When I was hired, I was promised 20-25 hours and I am only receiving maybe 15. Many times I’ve asked for more hours but they “don’t have extra hours to spare” yet they are looking to hire new part-time employee in my section.

They don’t care about their employees at all. They don’t accept doctor notes for sickness or injuries. They will take it, but still classify ANY days you miss as “unexcused”. There are a couple employees that are kind and understanding, but the rest just don’t seem to care. No matter what your going through, they basically tell you “sorry, suck it up”.

They don’t offer you benefits unless you are full-time after 6 months, but then they don’t want to give you full-time.

I just absolutely would not recommend anyone working here unless you want to be treated like dirt.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare benefits unless full time employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss