Target Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 8,132 reviews matching the search See all 34,805 reviews
Burnt out
Senior Team Leader / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Hard to move up from store level. They always "expect more" out of you with no new compensation "pay less". The people are fun but aren't worth the poor compensation or schedule.
Target is meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GaSeptember 24, 2018
Working at target is fun because everyone is always nice and greeting each other. The pay is very good bc you start at 12/12.50 depending on which role you work as. My time at target was okay i applied for cashier but got switched to another’s position which was okay with me. Target only have hours from 5-7 hour shift depending on what you’re doing.
Pros
discounts, breaks, 401k, tuition.
Cons
short breaks 15 mins can go by so fast
Very competitive and fast paced
Quality and Inventory Management Techniian (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoy my job at Target. It is very competitive and a safe place to work. Target encourages you to work hard and strive to learn more. The pay is very competitive for the area.
Pros
Paid breaks and fair pay
Cons
No advancement up in company
Good for someone that likes to stand hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 24, 2018
Good job just the task that you have to do sometimes doesn’t add up with the pay rate but overall the staff was very nice and kind and the pay checks were good
Decent
Target Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 23, 2018
The pay was good compared to many retail jobs in the area, most employees were friendly. Not enough help on the floor and a high expectation from managers. Most managers were friendly.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
stressful at times, too little help on floor, not enough employees, not enough hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Flexible Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CASeptember 23, 2018
I loved working at target but it was a bummer that they laid me off because I was only seasonal. I was always asking for overtime and I was always given those extra hours. I was very hard working, motivated and always on time. I made sure everything was done before the time was met and I even would ask to work other departments to show my loyalty to Target and how committed I was as a previous employee.
Pros
Overtime, Good benefits
Cons
N/a
Good place to work with exceptions
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 23, 2018
Fun place at times. Compensation is not desired if you been been there a long time. New employees will get paid almost what veteran team members get paid. New increase pay is only given to anyone below minimum.
Pros
challenging, fun
Cons
pay
nice place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 23, 2018
Planning to apply direct through company website to work for target if they can offer me a chance.
They give best training,good pay,and overtime is paid well.
Fast paced placed to work but lack of management
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 23, 2018
with the right managers it is a good place to work but low income at least when I used to work there. I left because there was no career advancement and I was looking for a better income and position.
It was fun and productive. Now it is very stressful.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I have worked for Target for 23 years and I have really enjoyed it and I really love my job! I really don’t want to leave. I averaged 38 to 39 hours per week. The new CEO that came is making all these new processes of doing things they cut my hours to 14 to 20 and they tell it across the board and nothing they can do about the hours. But yet they have put up signs that they are hiring. I can’t make it on these hours.
Nice entry level job to start a career.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2018
Working at target was very easy-going. The staff were engaged and very respectful. Working there was nice, the only downside was when the day slowed down and there wasn't much to do.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great job for recent graduates
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 21, 2018
Target is an overall great place to work
Target pays well and usually offers 3 and 4 day work weeks
Operational mangers have not done the job so at times that can be challenging
Workplace culture is diverse
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with peers, having fun to get the job done
Pros
Paid lunch break, 401k
Cons
Work weekends, holidays, not allowed to leave until off work
Stressful place of work. No advancement more like high school
GSA Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 21, 2018
If you are good in with store manager you will get a raise and or promotion. Don’t disagree with management or else they will try to fire you. The pay was horrible for the work that you do
Pros
Helping customers people you work with
Cons
Hours, short breaks, no support, pay, don’t recognize work from another
Its a great place
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 20, 2018
Its a great place for someone looking for employment straight out of high school. It teaches you how to work in teams, how to be discipline and a great job for someone looking to start in the work field. Has really good benefits. For a career, its probably not the greatest but its good place.
Run
Sr Team Lead (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 20, 2018
Target treats employees like number if the ETL's or STL don't like you they will lie about you and make up lies about what the team says about you so they can coach you and push you out. You have to play by there rules and if you don't then your destroying the culture of the store and if you don't lie for them to make them look better to corporate then your throwing the upper management under the bus. Stay far far away.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Corporate does not care, store manager like to hide the truth about what's really going on
Good Place to work
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Target is a great place to work. They take care of their employees as far as benefits. Pay rate will be going up to 15hr by 2020 so apply apply apply.
Pros
Overall good atompshere
Cons
Lack of empathy with Corporate for the employees
Relaxed workplace, great management
Electronics Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 20, 2018
The workplace culture at Target is the best part of working at Target. It's very relaxed, friendly, and very team-based.

A day at work is basic retail work, but the customers are usually quite friendly. The management is relaxed and no one will try to put impossible amounts of jobs on you.
Pros
Free food and coffee in the break room, relaxed
Cons
Benefits aren't that great
I Wish I Loved It
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 20, 2018
Working at Target has its benefits, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'd ever want to work there again. You're worked past your breaking point, and not compensated fairly. You're treated poorly by customers and expected to be happy and cheerful anyway. The HR department is shady and doesn't make it feel like team members are cared for.

The discount is a great benefit, and you can combine it with Cartwheel and coupons to make it even better. Honestly, that might be my only plus-side, but I had a really negative experience working there that probably hurt my experience overall.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overworked or Underworked, Scheduling Issues, Poor management
Fun fast and friendly place to work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Target is a fun and exciting place to work.
It offers good benefits and a good work life balance.
management is respectful and team members are always treated with respect
Pros
discounts
Cons
advancement opportunities
Love the work group
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WASeptember 19, 2018
Was told I was going to have 30+ hours a week and now I’m getting less than 25. I love the job I’m just looking for more hours because I’m loving on my own and I wish there was more to do when working. I felt like I’m standing doing nothing all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.8K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight