Target Employee Reviews

Found 40,339 reviews matching the search See all 41,955 reviews
funnwork place
REMODEL EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2019
good pay, good hours, easy going workplace. work is easy equipment is easy to get use to. 20 percent discount is great customers are really nice I love it
It was fun while it lasted
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2019
I’ve learned in my years with this company that whoever runs the store dictates if it’s enjoyable or not. Corporate has their green money hands around all of managements throats and one wrong word or step and you’re labeled “PROBLEM”. The hours are basically whatever is given to you except during the holiday when you’re chained by the ankle and run down until you can’t anymore.
Pros
Corworkers, sewing and getting to set out new product, occasional free snacks for a good night.
Cons
Corporate pulls random ideas out of a hat and heavily enforced them, too much power is put in the wrong hands, expected to always be 100% whether sick or not.
its ok i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 24, 2019
start out by saying this review may not be a good reflection because I was only seasonal. but I got hired after my friend got fired and none of the workers gave me a chance because they assumed I'd be like my friend who got fired. needless to say I kept to myself. a friend came to visit without me asking and I got yelled at because he was nearby as I worked. LOD didnt like me because of the friend that had worked there. they give you hours like they own all of your time. they dont care they will schedule you for whatever they want
Pros
good hours, discount
Cons
standoffish coworkers, demanding hours, condescending LOD
Good work environment, understanding and friendly management team
General Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 24, 2019
It used to be better. For a long time everyone helped each other, but currently the "Team" has been divided into little corners by themselves and told not to do anyone else's work. On the other hand, given my experience and ability to work quickly, I’m often asked to do other's work instead of my own anyway.
Regardless, the people make the work environment tolerable. For the most part Team Members and Leads are very friendly to each other and willing to assist if asked, and will work with you in solving problems. Management is also helpful in picking up slack so long as you give them enough notice.
It’s given me a lot of experience in working with a team made up of very different individuals and at times helping coordinate some of those team members myself, despite not being management. A typical day includes stocking shelves, assisting guests, keeping the workplace clean, and managing any smaller tasks that need doing (including but not limited to pulling stock from the backroom independently to fill empty spots, managing price change work, and setting up sales plans)
Pros
Positive work environment, friendly people, relative freedom once experienced, and room for advancement
Cons
Extremely stressful at times given the amount of work and the amount of time given to do it, as well as the expected unruly 'guest' with unreasonable requests
Not a lot of sales in that location
Sales Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 24, 2019
In the location I was placed in there was not a lot of traffic so sales were poor. There isn’t a lot of coverage when it comes to the store. Numerous times where they ask you to cover for other stores
Cons
No volume in stores. Poor coverage
Very fast paced
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJune 24, 2019
It’s a great job for hose who enjoy a fast pace and consistency. The hours are not always the best however, you can ask for more hours if need be. Good work environment.
Good employee moral
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAJune 24, 2019
A typical day started with getting your tasks for the day and helping anywhere else you may be needed. I learned more on how to better serve a guests needs or wants.
Holiday Madness
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orange CAJune 24, 2019
I began work on October 7th at the beginning of the Holiday season. The only time that it was semi-quiet was in the.early morning.
My two jobs were cashiering and working at the guest services desk. It was chaotic, and I loved it! I would go home exhausted, but anticipating my next shift.
Is consistant pay too much to ask for?
Target Overnight Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 24, 2019
Target is a place with a very high turnover rate when it comes to team members and managers. All for good reason, this place is basically a career trap. Target pays everyone pretty much equally since they started offering overnight team members $15 an hour. The catch, is that they regulate your hours and schedule. Meaning, you never know which days you're working until they release the schedule. This also results in fluctuating hours and therefore fluctuating paychecks. And this doesn't even include the changing retail seasons, where some parts of the year (Janurary to around June) are slower months for Target, which means less hours for team members. So if income consistency is something you value, Target may not be for you.
Nice to newcomers
Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2019
It was a great first job, was there for long enough because I felt comfortable with my work. It's a solid experience with great people you work with, but things could get a bit hairy at times (Busy weekends, holidays, peak hours) and would tend to get more tossed to you then you could deal with.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJune 24, 2019
I was a seasonal employee for Christmas. A lot of young people work here. Management was friendly and always willing to help. Pay was pretty good for what was expected.
No one day is the same it is high paced and cleaning is a priority,
Cashier/Deli Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 24, 2019
I would recommend anyone to work there if they are interested in getting some retail experiences. There was room for me to grow as a person and professionally.
Freindly and safe environment
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 24, 2019
Working at target was an amazing experience, although I was seasonal it really taught me the importance of a fast pace job and through customer interaction the importance being warm and inviting is not only beneficial to the customer but also with management
Management does not listen
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 24, 2019
Target used to be a great job. They have changed how they do things in the past few years. They no longer value employees and see them as cogs. They use scare tactics of losing your job if you do not do what they want. They cut hours every chance they get and except you just to be happy that you have a job. Management does not listen to any needs of their employees.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Bad communications, Management does not care about their employees
Management does not help
General Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 24, 2019
Target recently restructured the employee duties and it is hard work without enough schedule time to do it. Corporate says to schedule a certain amount of hours and the work load is never completed. Then you are asked why. Your responsibilities include pulling items from the back room, putting them back into a location if they do not fit, putting items out on the floor from the truck, straightening isles, price changing, assisting guests within the department and at the checkout, etc. How?
Challenging
Visual Merchandising Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 24, 2019
Its not that bad. Just mainly a political game just like in life. Meet the right people and you’ll succeed. Meet the wrong ones, good luck. Its the same thing everywhere.
Enjoyable coworkers, Management lackluster
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 24, 2019
My main problem was I was given a task and then pulled away from it to do re-shop, which made me fall behind on my task, then I was asked why I hadn't completed said task "timely enough".
Fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 24, 2019
When I first started with Target it was a brand new store all the employees came in the same time so we became very close and we were a family the management team at that time was wonderful unfortunately there is a high turnover at target but I did love the people I worked with the management was good as time went on the management changed and was very inconsistent I probably would work there again but I’m not a fan of customer service anymore people are too rude
A great place
Target Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 24, 2019
I worked here for over a year and I loved it! The people was really what made working there so fun. The work wasn’t too hard, there was always teamwork involved. Definitely would recommend working here!
Productive, and a fun work environment . Easy store to grow, obtain knowledge and their willing to promote growth.
Flow team operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CAJune 24, 2019
I loved working for Target Stores. Staff their are very curteous, and friendly. The store is fast paced, and very productive. I've would work at Target any chance I may get. I learned so much their.
Pros
Very friendly co workers
Cons
Needed more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight