Target Employee Reviews

Found 34,539 reviews matching the search See all 36,083 reviews
Target Team Member
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2018
Working at Target was admirable. The management is passionate about keeping the company in outstanding. In addition, there are a lot of opportunities for career growth.
Pros
team members
Cons
new team members
Working to keep business booming.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2018
Everyone is helpful.
I learned to work with sense of urgency.
Management is helpful.
The hardest thing is the flexible shifts.
Stocking the store.
Pros
Stocking the store.
Cons
Flexible shifts
it was a temporary job
Hardlines Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305November 19, 2018
the overall experience of working at target, was moderate. the management was poor, when i had questions it seems as if they just brushed me off and expected me to know everything.
My Time At Target
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 19, 2018
I enjoy working very much at the Target Store. There is an comradely
environment.
There are snacks and beverages from time to time for the staff. The approach is a team and tight nit of supports in place there.
summary
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 19, 2018
Negative environment. A lot of favoritism . Inconsistent work hours. The store was often messy and dirty. Many of my coworkers had very poor customer service skills and were never addressed.
Pros
a very small discount 10%
Cons
the work enviroment, the pay
Poor advertising
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 19, 2018
The reason i am writing this comment today is because the bozo management or whoever puts the advertisements that a company is hiring sucks for the Bloomington normal target. How are advertising multiple Job openings but when i call to see about my application now the job is not hiring and they wait weeks till they inform anybody target as a company is a great store I’ve worked there previously. The only problems i have are that if you are not hiring you shouldn’t have it up on any websites stating that you are that is unprofessional and misleading.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
The way they advertise jobs but not hiring
Fast stressful over worked under appreciated
O/N Stocker (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 19, 2018
Target can be an alright place to work. Probably poor management that started to drive me away. You are expected to get a lot of work done with not a lot of time or resources. Training is pretty poor usually pawned off to veteran team members. Equipment usually doesn’t work properly understaffed for workload most of the time.
Pros
Anyone can do it
Enjoy working with peers
Pog, Stocking, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2018
Management was changing weekly. Scheduling was not set, making it hard to attend college classes. Was asked to come in work early, only to find myself and others waiting on management to open doors. My crew was asked many times to help another team, when our group had not finished the work assigned to us. Helping other departments was not an issue to me, as long as our work was complete, but that soon became impossible, stressing many employees.
Pros
enjoyed working with peers
Cons
no consistent management
Stressful Atmosphere Where employers try to intimidate
Hard Lines Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2018
I would not recommend target as a place to work. your superiors try to run on fear and intimidation instead of being respectful and professional. the work hours are not reliable, and the head manager questions you when you go to the restroom
its worth it if youre between jobs
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2018
But this place will eat you alive if you stay too long. Ive made some friends working at target but I’ve come across multiple team leads who are very contradicting
Pros
You get to work friends
Cons
Leadership and toxic retail
Overnight Logistics Flow Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 18, 2018
work and retail experience; at times, a fun place to work; extremely productive; and employee discounts (hourly salary wages have increased since my 2011-employment where my salary was $8.50 per hour as a cashier).
long hours, cutthroat, junk equipment, management is horrible.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 18, 2018
Horrible place to work, cold in winter, hot in summer. try to fire you for anything. junk equipment. cannot make your pick rate. supervisors show favoritism towards employees. a lot of nasty people. very, very unsafe place to work. you are just a number. they make you work all holidays. a lot of walking to breaks, cannot drive equipment there. cutthroat management and employees. go on welfare before you work there!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything!
Great starting job if you can handle large workloads and high amount of stress
Food Expert (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 18, 2018
Working at Target isn't for everyone, but it worked for me. My coworkers are amazing, the environment was quite inviting and understanding most of the time. The only real issues I had was sometimes the workloads for one person were too large to get done in a single shift, but you couldn't work over 40 hours in a week, and it would bother me when I wasn't able to get all my work done because I was only able to be allowed to work so much in a week. The managers can be hit or miss, but even then they are usually understanding and helpful. Target is definitely stress-inducing, but if you can handle that, you'll be fine working there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Large workloads with little time.
Friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC 27530November 18, 2018
I have not worked there long but have enjoyed every minute.There are long days sometimes and it is a different atmosphere than most companies. Everyone is for the most part friendly, on occasion not but not everyone has a great day. I have many other interviewees tell me that they love it that everyone is soo nice. I think this is a great job to grow into. It is a great starter job for the business profession and hopefully I will move up in this company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits for part-timers
nice place to work
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 18, 2018
I liked working at Target. I started right before the holiday season. I learned how to stock the shelves, set up different displays and run the cash register.
A typical day at work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 18, 2018
Great atmosphere, customer comes in daily and you get to brighten up their day by putting a smile on his/her face. I also learned that you can just be happy anytime as long you stay positive.
Pros
Great discounts and deals.
Cons
Schedule sometimes are hard to change because of the 90 days probation but so far its moderate.
Target
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 18, 2018
Target is a great place for youths to start out in their careers. It is a place that thrives on energy, encourages quick thinking and on the fly solutions to problems, and promotes from within, ensuring that those who have spent time with the company can move up.
Pros
Discount on wide range of merchandise from everyday needs to things anyone would may occasionally
Cons
Dependency for an open schedule makes working multiple jobs difficult.
Planogram Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2018
Target is a gateway to any job afterwards. I say this because Target is a very successful company and it is always busy so we are constantly on our feet helping any guest with questions. Working with teams is crucial but you make the best friends ever. I think the hardest part of this job was not enough hours sometimes that made us worry about our daily lives outside of work. Overall this job is a great retail experience with new openings and a fun place to work.
Pros
High raise
Cons
Work hours
Good vibes
Overnight Stockers (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 18, 2018
They help when u need it alot of work to make ur time go pass and the stuff already come boxed and ready for u and the pay is great and the care about there employeess so u will want to work there and u get a discount
Great for an in between job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2018
Advancement is limited and unlikely. They are more likely to string you along at a lower position for sometime before offering you a promotion. Seniority means nothing.
Pros
They offer free food on special occasions
Cons
there is little advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.2K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight