Target Employee Reviews

38.5K
22.7K
11.8K
Found 32,179 reviews matching the search See all 33,702 reviews
Working for Target is a fast paced store. But exciting.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
I loved working for Target because there too you interacted with many different people from different background. So was nice to be able to talk to them and get to know a little about them.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Sometimes there were late hours, during the holidays.
high pay for retail
hardlines- salesfloor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 17, 2018
Management as a whole needed word. they paid no mind to my availability.

Hardest part of the job was no being able to go to church. They paid no mind to my availability. The best part was my coworkers.
fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 17, 2018
target was a seasonal job where i work part time on the midnite shift most night and some weekend in the days, i stock shelves , sometimes would be a chashier
Unrealistic Expectations for Provided Hours
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 17, 2018
Target assigns hours to Market based on freight volume only. They do not take into account pulling items in daily batches, backstock time, cleanup time, time to push/cull fresh produce, zone the area, or clean the area.

However, they expect all this to be done in addition to working the freight every day.

The expectations are unrealistic from a time standpoint. They all should be done and are key parts of running a successful market, but wedging all this work into a timeframe for just pushing freight is unrealistic and ridiculous.

Pay is far too low for Team Leads. New hires make $12 per hour flat, and I make $16. However, my highest paid TM makes $15 and has half the responsibility I have.

In addition, my direct supervisor makes 40% more then me and I have roughly the same responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay for work expected at Team Lead level.
Good company just had bad managers
GUEST SERVICE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
I loved my guest and co-workers management sucked only gave raises to there friends and people they liked. They do promote within i have had several promotion over my 8 year career.
Pros
Flexible, good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Flucuating hours, favortism
Okay
Human Resources Administrative Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJAugust 17, 2018
Working in Target's in-store HR Department was very hectic but interesting. The managers were very friendly. The phones were crazy around Christmas time. Overall, it was an okay place to work.
Fun workplace
Cashier and Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2018
You can learn something new everyday. I enjoyed my time at Target. The hours are flexible and there are many departments you can work in. Most of the management team is okay.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Great experience and love the employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 17, 2018
The company treats employees very well and equally. There is a lot of room to grow in the company and many other opportunities as well. I recommend this job to anyone looking to excel in a company and to enjoy the treatment employees receive.
Fun place to work and still get the job done
POG Team Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 17, 2018
Typical day started at 4 a.m. and lasted till noon, on POG team we started our job while the store was closed,we would take down certain older display and replace it with a more updated display
Stressful
FLOW TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2018
Very unreasonable expectations, expect 8 hours worth of work in 4 hours. The culture is set by the very top to get rid of those not meeting unrealistic expectations.
it was good
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAAugust 17, 2018
it was good, i had tons of fun, just tons. I like grapes, peanut butter, and, chips. And their discounts helped me obtain these three things. They are flexible on hours, and good pay.
Target was the best job for me
Target, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
Target could not have been any better for me it was flexible with my school schedule they gave me fair hours it was nothing at all for me to complain about. I would truly love another opportunity to work at Target or something similar to it because I feel I've gained a great skill and was exposed to a range of more people.
Pros
They would sometimes bring in food to the break room for the team members
Cons
Breaks can be a little longer
Good company with good benefits
Lead Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2018
Challenging work environment making you to take extra initiatives and many opportunities to explore. Lot of encouragements from leaders and learning environment is highly promoted. Good pay and benefits as well.
Low end
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 17, 2018
No real advancement chance. Its a dead end job that really is meant for holding over till something better but the work environment is very toxic here.
This place is fast paced
Seasonal HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 17, 2018
This place is fast paced, active and busy. Always something to do. There are very few minorities in supervisory/management positions. This place could use some diversity training.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 17, 2018
I loved working here but I relocated to another state and took another job. Biggest mistake of my life. Had I never left Target Inc. my life would be different.
An okay job
Salesfloor Team Member - Fitting Room Operator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 17, 2018
Target is an okay place to work, and the experience you get working at Target is dependent largely on which store you work at. Management can either make or break the store, and I have seen one manager almost completely break my store, whereas the current one is doing great.

A typical day consists of zoning your area, stocking it, while helping guests find what they need.
Great Time Cut Short
HR Clerical Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Target. There was a lot of support for my position, and team effort to get things done. Management was very kind and encouraging. The work environment was friendly and everyone seemed glad to work there.
great place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 17, 2018
Target was a great place to work and increase my pharmacy skills. The management was very flexible in scheduling and time off. I was going through nursing school while working here.
Hated this place
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I transferred from a place that paid really well to a new state that the pay was lower and got to keep the higher pay. The problem was that when I eventually got bumped up to a lead, they refused to up my pay because I maid more than my lead. More work with same pay; never again.
Cons
Shady

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight