Target Employee Reviews

Found 34,355 reviews matching the search See all 35,901 reviews
worst place to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2018
Management team was not fair with work load. Would not help. They got paid all the money and all they did was drink coffee and smoke. It was not a team at all there.
Great for the First Year
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 8, 2018
I do my job as a cashier or guest service most of the time. But end up doing my bosses job as they tell me to stop screwing around, even though not doing that and they go back to doing just that.

I did learn more at this job then I did anywhere else. Guest relations, being more comfortable at talking to others, Sales and driving them.
Fixing problems as they come, etc.

Management is awful, except for a few. They hire more people even though I've been working there for 2 years and need hours.

Dealing with management.

My easy-going co-workers and their understanding.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Short Breaks and Unforgiving Team Leads
typical click scenarios at Target
Consumer Sales (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 8, 2018
Target offers no incentive for personal growth or growth to move up in the company unless someone is looking out for you! No incentive to grow! Unrealistic expectations and evaluations are trash! Salary is really low for the amount of work they expect to get from you!
Very fast paced but fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 8, 2018
It's a very fast paced environment, however there are some good moments there. Helping guests is fun because you get to help them create outfits and stuff like that. If you work in the clothing department of course.
It's retail.
Electronic team member (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 8, 2018
Target likes to make changes even if it's not beneficial. A day at target is more like a chore because they expect more than what they give you. The only thing I like about target is the people you meet and the job is not hard just sometimes unfair.
Pros
great employees and people you meet
Cons
managment
Great place to work for someone who would like to advance in business
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2018
a lot of place for advancement. Great management and good pay for positions. You receive the hours that you want during most of the year. The few months after the holidays are hard because you don't always get enough hours
tense atmosphere and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2018
Dont work here, they bend too easily to customer demands and dont care what their associates think and it sure seems the female managers are out to get the male associates fired or written up for whatever reason they can find
Flexible Fulfillment Member (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 8, 2018
They should be more specific if the job is seasonal or not. I wasn't aware that my time was up until I made a phone call asking about my schedule. Also they need to work on who they have training people at target. May things I had to learn on my own, which is not a problem. However, those problems could have been avoided of taught properly.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Non Paid lunch break
Used to be good
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MANovember 8, 2018
Great place
To work. Nowadays changing a lot on the process to drive sales and brand on the sales floor. Overall heading on the roght direction and competitive salary
Pros
Salary
Cons
Heavy worload
Stressful but fun
Target Electronics plus Mobil Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHNovember 8, 2018
Target pays great but demands a lot for it. Management is hit or miss in terms of competency. Hardest part is doing your scheduled job while also doing a variety of other work. Most enjoyable are the coworkers.
Great place to create a career path
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 8, 2018
Nothing wrong with working at this target location back in 2011 seasonal year. I meet people from interesting backgrounds. I though I worked in a great service flow team and everyone got everything done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Graveyard work hours that I did in 2011
Good job with amazing coworkers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 8, 2018
I always felt on edge working a shift at Target. I was always worried something would happen. A typical day at work just meant helping customers check out.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Doesn't accept doctors notes
Great place to work depending on your store
EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILNovember 8, 2018
Target is a great place to work but in employees are greatly under appreciated. Everyone is responsible to do so much and the expectations are to get everything asked done and more and in reality the team mainly gets to focus on pushing truck. Each store is different and it is the team members that make wanting to go work there matter.
Fast fun friendly
Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  WpbNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work. Every is very friendly. Management works very hard to make sure store runs properly. Target always makes thing fun for their team members.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Distance
Competitive and quick paste
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
I applied for a regular position but was only hired as a seasonal worker. And was let go once it was over with out any warning or notification what so ever.
Opener
Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 8, 2018
I was one of the first people that would get there in the mornings. Morning crew has to restock shelves, unload the trucks in the morning, and organize any extra proucts in the back of the store.
Fun place to work with laid back and understanding staff
BACKROOM STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 8, 2018
Target is a very good place to work and offer very flexible hours to work with your availability. They have a great, laid back staff who are always willing to help you if you don't understand something. All in all I believe that Target is an excellent work place and I would recommend it to anyone looking for work in my area
Pros
great staff, flexible hours, free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Can't believe how bad working at Target is
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2018
Totally surprised by my experience. First, there was almost no training. They are always out of walkie-talkies and scanners, which are needed to do my job. HR lied about how many hours you get per week. They expect way too much to be completed in short shifts. Also, the restocking system is dangerous and requires you to put away heavy boxes while climbing a ladder in narrow aisles. I have worked different places, but Target is pretty bad. The coworkers are not even friendly.
Pros
You can waste time
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Soft Lines/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 8, 2018
Empowers employees through feedback and learning new ways either with guest approach/ experience or technology all while working with friendly people.
Pros
discount
Cons
need to enter time off early
fun
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 8, 2018
I absolutely loved working at target they were fun to work for they as long as you got your job done effentiantly then they did care how you did it. as long as it look good and got done
Pros
you got more then one break a 15min and a 30min lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.1K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight