Target Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYDecember 7, 2017
Great place to work flexible hours and the management team is great. However the pay is not all that great. Staff is friendly and makes for a great work environment.
Planogram Team Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was a great place to work. The staff was awesome and the pay was decent for the job. I would have kept working here had the pay and the hours been better. Would recommend to anyone that would want a relaxed part time job.
Worst job I ever had...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 7, 2017
This job was a mess from the beginning, not only did they, "forget," the day of my interview so the HR manager had to come in. Once the job started it was rough, long hours, very very low pay, raises at target are $0.10 annually if you're lucky. many people didn't get raises at all. Except for the managers getting their 4 digit bonuses of course.
Management was extremely unclear and unfair with employees, you had to set an appointment if you wanted to talk to your store manager personally and privately about an issue.

Again, worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Poor Pay, Management was impossible to talk with, No chance of promoting.
Its a fun fast and friendly place to work!
cashier (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 7, 2017
If you're looking for a part time or full time job and not looking to advance then its a good place to start. Often times you work for awhile with little to no incentive. It's difficult to move up there and stay where you move.
Cons
high management turnover rate, low pay, red card quotas
Funk work place
HR Team Member (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 7, 2017
the people you work with can be very kind and fun. the managers really care about you and try to work around your schedule whatever you may need. the work environment is fast fun and friendly.
Must be High School
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 7, 2017
Very cliquey environment. Managers seem to not like confrontation instead preferring to make you walk to work at two in the morning until you quit. Wish you better luck should you choose to work for a Target.
Pros
Discount I couldn't use, cool curb on the side lot I learned how to ollie on
Cons
It's like that movie Mean Girls with a bunch of 30-40 year olds
All Targets are equal
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDDecember 7, 2017
Pretty much the only thing to say is that Target is much like any other customer service or retail job. Tends to be pretty smooth as long as everyone is doing their job.
Fast fun & Friendly
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2017
A great collaborative environment , with wonderful people and a strong belief in TEAM.
I would recommend this company to anyone who want to learn how to be a true industry leader.
Pros
inhouse benefits
Cons
location
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CADecember 7, 2017
They allowed us to be free, make our own decisions as far as what was next. Just had to make sure all was done on time. They unfortunately did not pay well enough to make us do anything.
Productive and a great work environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 7, 2017
Such a unique place to work. Very people oriented, understanding of your needs and wants. The work environment has really been a great place to work. During the holidays they make you feel as if you were home.
Pros
Great Lunches. Organized breaks and schedules
Cons
N/a
Not enough employees
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDDecember 7, 2017
Too much is expected of too few people. It starts dayside where they don't have enough cashiers. Target hates having guests wait for a long time at the registers so they walkie someone from the floor up to help as cashier. The problem is that this happens countless times per day and the employees on the floor aren't getting tasks done. Products don't get pulled out of the backroom and/or aren't placed correctly on the floor. Backstock and random stuff gets piled up in the backroom which makes it harder for backroom team members to do their job.

This applies for any job at Target or anywhere, but one call out can mess up a whole shift for everyone especially when already understaffed. And these call outs happen all the time.

Overnight is understaffed too. Logistics team can't complete their job. Backroom team is overloaded with dayside stuff and logistics work that doesn't get complete.

It just all passes from one team to the next day after day.
Pros
Flexible with schedules
Cons
Not enough employees. Compete w/amazon not walmart
Not A Team Oriented Company
Cashier/Customers Service (Former Employee) –  ClosedDecember 7, 2017
Straightening Shelves
Cashier
I Don't Have any More to say about my Target Experience
It no Longer Exists in my area
That Should Tell You About This Company
Pros
Discount on Merchandise
Cons
Not a Friendly Astomsphere
Management made it easy to leave
Cashier/Customer Service/Overnight logistics (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 7, 2017
Overnight managers during my employment there were unorganized, unprofessional and unreliable. Management made it hard for those of us who did our jobs correct due to them not holding up their ends.
Amazing
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work was just basically working cashier. I had an amazing experience at target, it was a great first job. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, hardest part was probably having a mad customer.
Pros
Freindly people
Laid back, good people
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2017
Working over night was very cool and laid back. Even when interacting with the customers was nice as well. Drama free work place. Communication could have been better.
Got worse over time
Flow / Consumables (Former Employee) –  Saint John, INDecember 6, 2017
No one in management reliably stood up to corporate deadlines, so we were stretched thinner and thinner every 6 months. At first it was manageable, even somewhat fun to work there. Over time, we learned to make do as best we could with tighter deadlines and constraints. By the end it was completely impossible. Getting extra time was like pulling teeth and ultimately led to another crew helping (instead of allowing the actual crew time to complete the task). This method completely splintered worker relations, who didn't believe it was their job and cared little about the result (understandably). Trying to suggest changes resulted in naught. Methods of saving time here or their were always nixed in favor of ones that inefficiently wasted time. The stress became completely unmanageable, and I just had to get out of there. It got so bad that by the end I was doing the work for 3-4 people with the time allotment for 1 and a half. They systematically edged people out of receiving benefits come open enrollment, and raises were a joke. Sure they subscribed to the increased $1/hr each year (with maybe a dime for your actual raise), but the hours provided to the store were cut each time to save the cost. It didn't help that management got bonuses each year for saving x amount of hours, and they always operated at that level. We went through a lot of store managers while I worked there, some fired disgracefully, others using it as a stepping stone. Constant in-fighting among the lower-level managers because jurisdiction was split between hierarchy, present team lead(s), and  more... actual team lead overseeing the area. Things changed by the day, and we were always playing catch up. Just terrible.  less
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Everything else
A Decent Minimum Wage Job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 6, 2017
Working "the line" and stocking shelves at Target was a decent job. At the two locations I worked at, almost all employees were extremely friendly and it felt like the company fostered a good work environment. They schedule hours for every employee but for the merchandising team, we were allowed to work more if we wanted. My first boss was kind and understanding (stern when necessary of course, being a manager), but my second boss was a tad overbearing. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, decent break areas, straightforward work
Cons
Management can vary, some days can be more labor intensive than others
Typical work day
Fitting room operator (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 6, 2017
As telephone operator, my days were consistent. I would sit at the operators desk in the fitting room, greet guests and anser phone calls. Pretty laid back job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor managment when i was there
Fact-paced, high expectation workplace with fun atmosphere.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 6, 2017
Target is a great entry point into the work-force. It doesn't pay much, but lays the groundwork for retail employees to learn checkout procedures, on the floor interactions with consumers, how to handle difficult situations, and team work!
Pros
Fun Team Members, Satisfying Work
Cons
Low wages, physically demanding
This place is alright
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
Here was a place for all your dreams to go and die. i worked there for 3 years and was never even promoted to team lead. if you looking for some ok cash for a short while, go ahead and apply. otherwise stay away.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
broken dreams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.