Target Employee Reviews

Fun in the beginning but then new managers came and it went down hill fast
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 19, 2018
Not very happy after the mandatory switch of our shift from overnight to a Early morning shift. (4 am) Many people left and that put a huge strain on the ones that stayed.
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Having your lunch thrown away when next shift came, in without checking to see if the person had left or not.
Great place to work, not enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2018
I absolutely love working at target, but I don’t get nearly enough hours as I need. Even though I’m still a young adult, I have bills to pay for. So when I’m scheduled only 10-12 hours per week, I struggle with paying my bills.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 18, 2018
I love being able to be my authentic self and that they do provide so many benefits. I do not like that my role is paid the same as the people I am supervising.
Pros
Value individualism
Cons
Healthcare only for full time
Nice place to work
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2018
Fair management.Poor training.Good pay. Open door policy makes it easy to voice your questions and concerns to management.HR is in the building so any issues are quickly resolved.
Style
STYLE EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 18, 2018
It was fine at first but the management was not the greatest and some employees were treated better than others. The other employees are nice and helpful. Hours and pay aren't too bad.
Competitive work place that will ensure you're always busy
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10456August 18, 2018
While the pay is fair and the day usually goes according to plan, when really needed management is unreliable at the least and aggravating at the worst. Not to say the job isn't worth applying to, if you stay vigilant and open-minded this job can teach you many skills that will be useful down the road.
Pros
Reliable pay
Cons
Management is unreliable during more hectic events
Fast paced working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 18, 2018
Target is a great place to work if you’re able to multitask. Some days can be pretty tough because the guests can be cruel. But overall it’s a fun job
A Port in the Storm
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2018
When I needed some sort of gainful employment Target was there. I started in logistics, receiving and stocking shelves around the store at night. It was the holidays and departments like toys and seasonal were especially busy. What started as a midnight shift with an overnight premium wage soon was changed to a early morning shift so they could remove the premium. They had a tendency to promote based on personal favoritism rather than work ethic or ability.

Worst part of the job was being treated like a doormat, being promised consideration for advancement simply to be used for your skills.
Pros
Good guest relation opportunity, 401k
Cons
No healthcare, favoritism
Stress job
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 18, 2018
Target is a stressful job that requires its Electronics workers to look over a huge section with little to no help. The location I worked at felt very understaffed. The management was nice but it was extremely difficult to get time off because sometimes they were hard to get a hold of or they forget you needed a day off.
I had a bad experiance with Target, but it paid good
Consumables Team Member (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEAugust 18, 2018
I had a negative experiance with Target as far as management and scheduling. I am huge on having a work/life balance and that is just something Target did not provide
Fast paced working environment with great co-workers. Management is unorganized and doesn't communicate effectively.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy working at target because of the people I work with. There is no communication or appreciation for anything. The only way for advancement is to be well liked by an elite group. I have come up with several ideas which management has passed it off as their own in order to advance. I go above and beyond and get criticized for everything. I have had been disrespected by managers and tried to resolve issues with both the direct person and the higher up management and nothing got resolved and it made it me not want to come to work. I am the type of worker that comes to work with a positive attitude and ready to work hard. It's hard to want to continue to work there when you leave feeling underappreciated.
I have leanred a lot of skills that I can take into my next job such as costumer service skills, additional management skills, and the how brands work.
Great way to gain customer service experience.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 18, 2018
A typical day starts with a leader assigning you wither to the regular cash registers or to watch over the self-checkout registers. You're lucky if the store is busy or else you will stand there and wait for a guest to come by. I learned that everything in the store have their own 9 digit DPCI or DePartment Class and Item numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to interact with people on a daily basis.
Pros
10% discount on everything in the store.
Cons
Irregular work schedule.
Not the best job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 18, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working at target management is very unorganized very confusing they expect you to finish all tasks at a certain amount of time on top they add more tasks from other departments! I worked in target in North Carolina and I was like wow and also there always short staff and I’ve seen a lot more people getting hired but can’t manage to have more people on the floor .
Peoductive
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 18, 2018
It was a good job with good pay. The management needs some work. Good workers !but overall nice and steady hours.everyone is nice.very busy.good breKs
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Discounts
Temp Seasonal Help isn't for everyone
Cashier/sales floor consultant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 18, 2018
Working Cashier/floor sales can be both fast paced and very boring, depending on the day and position. Its easy work but can be challenging dealing with customers at that time of year.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
to much time with nothing to do
friends and family
Backroom Day Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 18, 2018
most the mangers do not like when a team members tell them that their crew members didn't do their job right. dosen't matter how hard or how fast you work, if your not buddy buddy with your bosses they'll find a reason to let you go.
Sr Specialist CSC (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 17, 2018
Awesome place to work. Environment is great for a IT Call Center. Queue's are not not over the top like most call centers you'd think of. Pay it's very well for entry level IT positions. Management for the most part are here to help you and will assist you in anything that you need.
Pros
Pay, Work Environment, People/Coworkers
Cons
Hard to jump to a higher pay grade job, probably easier to leave the company and then re-apply for the new position you are eyeing.
Great work environment, they treat their employees well.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2018
Target cares a lot about technology. They recognize how heavily their company relies on it, so it makes working there as a software engineer great. The tech campus is amazing, and the TLP program is great for jump starting your career no matter if you stay at Target or not.
Pros
Good benefits and pay. Great, quiet work environment.
Great For First Time Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 17, 2018
Target is a great place to get your start as a first time employee, although moving up the ladder is nearly impossible from the inside. If you are looking to get some experience in a retail/customer service environment, Target could be a great place to start. If you are looking to advance and make a career in Target, you need to start in a management position to even be considered for advancement most of the time.
good
stocker/truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 17, 2018
morning crew, unloading crew, moving stuff, moving freight, putting stuff to the floor, helping customers, talking with coworkers, being on the run for work.
Pros
small group
Cons
new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.5K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.