Target Employee Reviews

Found 34,445 reviews matching the search See all 35,992 reviews
Fun, fast pace work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Saint Paul, MNNovember 13, 2018
Fast pace, always changing, modernizing environment. Leaders are a tight knit group that work well as a team to make a store the destination for all families to shop.
no work life balance
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDNovember 13, 2018
Retail just isn't for those that are below the store manager position AND have a family. Hours are long, weekends are nonexistent. Never enough hours for team members to complete the task at hand. I've had to work a trash compactor at 7 months pregnant. I've also had to pick up employees in a snow storm while 7 months pregnant because metro system was closed, and Target refused to close. No consideration for the well being of employees.
Overall it's a great first job for younger applicants typically around the age of 18
SALESFLOOR / ELECTRONICS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 13, 2018
The job started out good for me I developed many communication skills and had great insight the the store operations. However the changes in management and the status of my particular store, made it a stressful environment as time progressed. Its a good job to start at, I started at 18 however its best to move on to better opportunities. The lack of full time hours and biweekly pay makes it hard to balance living situations especially after holidays.
Pros
Great flexible scheduling, discount and collective retail experience
Cons
Part time only for team members, hours vary on seasons and management shifts at times.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2018
Job is not difficult, just having to stand for 8 hours is hard....but it's all good. Team members are like a family and for the most part work well with each other
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not much cover is given to staff against costumers complaints
Management doesn't show enough appreciation
Food Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 12, 2018
I worked with this company for almost 6 years and I never felt more unappreciated as I did. I was a Food Service Team Lead at my store and it was never acknowledge in any team meetings or HUDDLES. My team felt so separated from the rest of the store. The management cared more about the "floor" of Target than anything else. Last I remember Starbucks and the Café were part of Target, In which my team NEVER felt that way. The hardest part of my job was having to work both the café and starbucks at the same time due to only one team member at each department at one time so one had to cover each others breaks. So it left one department without someone for a moment. I cant say I hated this job only because the "misfits" of target as we called ourselves became a family and had each others back! The one thing I would change about the whole company cause this is the second Target I have worked at and it was the same prdeal is...show the food service team the same RESPECT you shouw the floor!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Respect
Great work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilton nyNovember 12, 2018
Learned a lot about warehouse work.Hard work put got easier everyday.very fast pace.manager was great if you did your job.always had the tools to succeed
Pros
Pay
great place for advanctment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 12, 2018
favorite was helping guest and learning new area's to work in the store. made a lot of long time friends that i worked with and the customer's that came in.
Great Company, varies by location
Guest Services Attendant / Electronics Team (Current Employee) –  Revere, MANovember 12, 2018
Having worked for the Target Corporation for going on 3 years I learned that the quality of work ethic varies from store to store.

When it comes down to it, when you do your job in a high stress position, you tend to get noticed for it, and if you fall behind, you blend into the woodwork. If you plan on advancing forward; laziness is not rewarded.
Pros
free food days, competitive pay, employee benefits
Cons
management is not always consistant
Productive work enviornment
APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 12, 2018
The work environment itself was a really good one. The team members I worked with were an amazing group of men and women who balance fun and work. Management let their personal feeling/life get in the way of how they did their jobs. The most enjoyable part was my co workers, and the least enjoyable were certain members of management. The job overall was fun and quite easy.
Long hours great pay
Executive Team Lead (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 12, 2018
10+ hour days operating around peak business hours. Great team environment. Pay and benefits are fantastic with a great 401k match program. In rural VA promotions are not as common

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
Target
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
Decent company to work for. Learned a lot. Culture is ok, worked a lot, long hours, paid decent, management is very junior. Associates are awesome to work with.
Would not recommend
CASHIER, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 12, 2018
Working as a cashier was very stressful. Management does not care about how nice you are to customers, how fast you are, etc. they only care about how many redcards you can get people to sign up for. They would rather have you be inconsiderate to customers by constantly berating them to sign up for the red card rather than being genuinely nice to them. Very strict on hours. There are some people I know that are still at this job and love it, however, it depends on the person. If you are interested in becoming a salesman/are competitive this may be the job for you.
Pros
competitive wage
Management is terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2018
The normal team members make it fun to work there but management is just awful. They want you to do their job for them while they sit around just drinking Starbucks. There is also no communication with each other so if one tells you to do something someone else will tell you the complete opposite. The worse though is if one of them is having a bad day they take it out on the whole store. It’s really stressful. They also will only promote people who are just as lazy as they are so they can sit around and talk with them. If you are a hard worker they keep you in your position and make you do your job plus their job for minimum pay.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
The managers
If you are not Military you wont like the Job
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 12, 2018
controlling Job.They dont care anyone but there little circle of
friends.
I was lie on by my coworkers
hardest part of my job was trying to move heavy items that was left
from another shift.
going home.
management is unbearable.
I learn to do my job and get off the clock.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Control job
It's Target
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89052November 12, 2018
In many ways it's a far more organized Kohl's from a Logistical perspective. Nice folks, but slim hours. It's much like any other retail store but with a section devoted to selling kitschy furniture to aging millennial couples. It's the place to shop when you want the illusion of being better than the proles that shop at Walmart.
Great workplace
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2018
Very relax workplace, good for either students or people looking for a job that provides 20-40 hours a week. Logistics process requires some physical labor and is more fast paced than the other positions in the store.
Pros
Discounts, Healthcare, Work around schedule
Cons
Shortage of hours in the fourth quarter
a good company to work for
Human Resources/ Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Abington, MANovember 12, 2018
ive been on and off with target for a while. its a good company overall to work with, although the management is constantly changing. sometimes people dont see quite eye to eye with one another, which of course, makes some days more difficult that others. i enjoyed my run with target until recently, i had some medical issues and i could not receive the time off that was required. it made it difficult for me to heal properly so i, unfortunately, had to begin looking elsewhere for employment,
i was an HR team member, which was pretty enjoyable. i helped answer the phone and help with paperwork, as well as doing orientations for new team members. i enjoy meeting new people so it was a good experience for me to be in the position i was in.
i got trained throughout christmas time to work in any part of the store that was necessary. i like that i got trained and was able to learn all aspects of the store.
i was promoted to GSTL (guest service team lead) which basically meant i was in charge of everything in front of the store. some days were harder than others, but nothing that somebody would not be able to handle.
great for college students
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 12, 2018
I am sure it depends on each store, but overall Target was a very stable employer. When i asked for less hours because of school, Management was very understanding.
Management had their favorites
Seasonal Merchandise Clerk/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 12, 2018
I was not impressed with the management; some employees did just about nothing they were responsible for when others had to double up on work to catch up
Pros
good products
Cons
favortism
Good Experience
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
I am glad that I had an opportunity to work at Target headquarters. My experience was challenging because it was my first job after being somewhere for over 10 years, so transitioning into the TGT culture was somewhat challenging. Generally, the people are nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.1K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight