Target Employee Reviews

was laid back but fast paced
Warehouse flow (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2017
everything had to be done fast paced, because it always seemed like more trucks were coming in faster than we could work, other than that i liked working here. Everyone was nice.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
The pay is fair but the people are not
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIDecember 5, 2017
Target is an amazing company with many opportunities, however the hiring managers and human resource department are very unfair and biased. They have preferences opposed to looking for qualified people that are able to work. The main human resource person, whose name is Caroline is the worst of them all.
Pros
Wages
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 5, 2017
Working at Target was a great place to work, I learned a lot about retail and customer service. I was grateful to learn how to be a store telephone operator. I made a lot of friends and learned to work together with co workers. I learned a lot about the business.
Pros
fun place
Cons
not enough help at times
Its a ok workplace
Backroom Stocker/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
The best thing about working at target are the customers if you are a people person who likes to help others.Working at target it's usually laid back other times it can be stressful.
Pros
Target is good at hiring people for seasonal
Cons
You will get laid off in the long run lack of hours when the busy season is over.
Very Team orientated and great work, life, balance culture
Senior Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 5, 2017
My experience working for Target.com was actually a great one. The only downfall for me was that I tried to apply to work for another department and my supervisor declined my request. At that point, I felt as if the only role that I'd have was the one that I was in. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and I applied to work in the fraud department. Being that I have my degree I felt that working in the fraud department would give me the opportunity to utilize my degree while learning and utilizing my investigative skills.
Overall Target.com was a great job opportunity for me.
productive and innovating
Guest Relations Specialist/ billing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2017
What I liked about this workplace culture is that it was a great environment, lots of room to grow with a positive atmosphere. also empowered to make decisions.
Lack of Promotion
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CADecember 4, 2017
Target is not a career, ment for people who go to school or want some extra cash. Hours are up to 40 per week only during holiday time, sales floor is the first to get cut hours, fast pace and fun to work. plus the discounts are not bad.
Fun place to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 4, 2017
Great paying job, very outgoing people to work for. Great training.
They care of their people.
Lots of training to achieve different job accommodations.
Eh
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
It is something for someone in high school, not something for someone looking for career advancement or even to make connections. Not for college students either.
I enjoyed it
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2017
I had a good time working for the company a good relaxed calm environment really welcoming people. Easy to get a long with the management team they work well with you
Pros
Good environment
Cons
No overtime
great company to work for
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 4, 2017
they care about their employees and they are like working with family, decent benefits and managment was ok to work with. i worked ok hours but were limited to share working hours with other employees.
work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 4, 2017
The work is very easy and the staff makes sure that you are doing everything safe and that you are at your best. I would recommend this to any of my friends any day.
Great entry to workforce
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLDecember 4, 2017
Great starter job for teens. Good for retirees.There is room to grow and get into upper management.Co workers are friendly and very helpful.There are opportunities to learn each department.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay.raise increase not on level with other companies.
fast pased
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXDecember 4, 2017
I worked in the distribution center for 8 years. Loved it until the GM left. Great benefits, cookouts every now and then, good discounts. The co-workers there are very competitive
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Supivisors are horrible
Sales
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIDecember 4, 2017
Target was a good company to work for. Only real issues were tough to move up on the company ladder. No matter how hard you worked, if they liked someone better, they would get picked.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
productive
Hardlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJDecember 4, 2017
Overall it was a good working place. Friendly employees. As a high school student it was kind of hard because they gave a lot of hours for part-time job.
Pros
free food
Cons
hard to switch shifts, long hours for part time
Fast paced
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 4, 2017
Enjoyed the fast pace work. Learned much from supervisors and always changing atmosphere. The ability to flow from one area to another was hindered most of time in the backroom, changes have been made since then which allow for more mobility to complete assigned duties.
Don't be cart attendant, the job is a huge bait
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 4, 2017
You are required to clean restrooms, trash cans, front end of the sales floor, and clean spills. You need to deliver carry out's, keep carts full because management will yell at you for having 2 or less packed rows of carts, carry salvage and CRC to the back of the store, take out cardboard, keep carts in clean condition.
Once you are cart attendant you cannot switch departments due to being severely understaffed and management loves to pile more work on top of the gigantic bucket list of things you already have to do. Management will never give you any recognition and actively find reasons to yell at you or write you up instead.
Pros
2 15 minute paid break's if full time worker
Cons
Terrible hours, Absurd expectation and amount of work, understaffed severely
A good start
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 4, 2017
This job was one of my 1st jobs and one of my least favorites. the management team at the time had a bad sense of entitlement. their attitudes toward other workers where horrible.
Pros
a good work out
Cons
managment
Quick Paced
PACKER (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 3, 2017
Quick Paced. A typical day was me packing items management was very picky on who they like they had favorites. The 12 hours would go by quickly because we couldnt tell how dark it was outside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.