Target Employee Reviews

Found 35,093 reviews matching the search See all 36,657 reviews
High energy and fun
Target, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 13, 2018
I started working at Target while a student at Paramount high school up until after high school. The staff were really laid back and young .They worked around my school schedule and track practices .A great company for teens and collage students. The staff members were great .
Pros
10% discount on goods
Cons
10% discount on goods
They let groups have multiple managers but no employees
Entry IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2018
They let groups inside the company to have multiple managers and no workers who don't know how to manage anything and ultimately make multiple mistakes. Than they are allowed to lie or make stuff up so they don't lose contracts or other groups and easily scam people. When doing actual work they rather send the work off to other groups instead of working on it themselves saying they can't fix it and do little documentation for said issue. They also hire people who don't have any experience in their field and their degrees are not applicable to the fields they work in.
Pros
Target discount, maternity and paternity leave
Cons
Some groups have multiple managers with no one below them
Great Place, Terrible Management
JAL Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 13, 2018
Working at Target means forming bonds with your co-workers that will last. The environment is fast-paced, so you are never bored. Most of the time, the job is easy, fast, and busy. My only issue was my management team was poor. Conflicts of expectations, lack of communication, and lack of leadership skills led to me leaving because the stress they caused was not worth the pay.
Not very good
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 13, 2018
The people at store do not seem to care about anyone. No training lack of anything to explain thing like their phones and other devices they use. All I ever heard was you will learn this stuff in time . sure you will but should would be nice for someone to explain things so you would know how to use right away and have in writing how to use things so you would have a reference to look up if needed, kind of like throwing a curve ball, nice to know how to do it so you can learn how to throw it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing was good
A stress-free workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 13, 2018
Target was a health job environment, with nothing to stress about. Leaders where always there to help when you needed it. Interacting with different people everyday made the time go fast.
Pros
Long breaks, discounts
Cons
N/a
Worst place and schedules in target
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 13, 2018
Well I started working on the weenked and I called in the don’t need any body HR keeps lying to they where going to call I actually have a enough keep calling to them I am doing seasonal it’s not a long term job it’s stressful and not the great to work fulfillment the schedules Sucks not enough hours or days to come to work it’s on them not on me.
Pros
45 Mintues
Cons
15 to 45 break
Fun and fast-paced workplace
Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 13, 2018
Fast-paced and exciting work environment., Very collaborative and helpful staff. There was no hard aspect to this job. I enjoyed every day here. The customers were the best part of the day.
Pros
Lovely peers
Cons
somewhat unprofessional managment
Sales Floor/Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  ParmaDecember 13, 2018
Fast paced, friendly environment. Lots of truck and stocking time. Very high expectations. Recognition is given when earned. Overall a good experience and I learned a lot working here.
Best Place to Work
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Target. I was challenged in every position and felt I was promoted appropriately. It was a pleasure to work with the different team members and staff.
Great place to grow
Guest service team leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2018
This place is awesome if you work real hard to better yourself and store. However, lots of mangers have free roam to torture whom ever they please. At times can be really unfair.
A grrat place to worl and learn
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 13, 2018
Target was good experience with the right amount of training. Hours could improve more and listening to their employees when something went wrong. I did not like how sometimes we had to close and open again the next day. Made great friends and learn alot in the areas
Pros
Good breaks, free meals, discount
Cons
Not alot of benefits
Stressfull
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85747December 13, 2018
Never provided enough hours, or was either always told leave early cause of slow production and the supervisors didn’t seem to care bout anything unless it benefited them work wise.
I hated it
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIDecember 12, 2018
I hated working at target because of the management team the were unfairly treating black people never actually available when you need them and bad decision making
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours and bad management
Wonderful place to work and grow.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI 53051December 12, 2018
Target was one of my best jobs. Excellent place to interact with friendly people and expand your growth. Clean, and friendly coworkers and bosses. Majority of shoppers were very polite.
Needs appropriate ratio of employees in busiest departments
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 12, 2018
I had high hopes, but all the typical problems with retail were there, only worse because fundamental roles that need to be in place are not there. Lack of staffing effects sales, makes store sloppy, can't get shelves stocked, with out help. No one in Toys during Xmas? Not enough cashiers, The backroom is overcrowded, if fundamentals were covered, things would get done, shelves and stock would have a balance. Several people have left, already. I would like to see things turn around and be better. The hardest part of the job is equipment not working properly or maintained. Radios and hand held devices not charged properly. I hurt my self, with a broken radio . Only makes everything else hard to do your job effectively.
Pros
Yet to be determined
Cons
miss breaks, due to lack of coverage, not enough hours
Good job
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2018
Target overall was a pleasant company to work for. It seemed that employees came and went but that's all part of the retail workplace. Pay raises were minimal and far between (every year).
Puts you to work fast, but doesn’t advance hard working employees after time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed some of my coworkers work, other could’ve been better on the other hand. All managers don’t work they walk around. One does work and loves her team memebers
Great place to start your career!
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  AL, MS, GA, and FL marketsDecember 12, 2018
I learned so much during my time at Target. It was a great place to develop as a leader and focus in on your individual abilities. I did not know what career path I wanted when I started at Target, and I credit the leaders that I had for guiding me into HR.
Great Place to work with great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 12, 2018
Working at the cash register is a great opportunity to gain customer service experiencec and work collaborativly with co-workers. Fun atmosphere with good employee discount.
Some Things To Think About
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602December 12, 2018
While I love what I do at Target, I am not fond of the management at my store. I think they favor certain team members over others and sometimes take out their stress on the team. You can talk to a person without throwing your weight as a manager around. That being said there are a few team leads that are exceptional at looking out for the company and the employees interests. A typical day at Target involves anything from truck unload, stocking shelves, picking and shipping online orders, making the store look clean and presentable for our guests. At times it can be stressful but overall it is a decent place to work. Team members are always willing to help when needed or asked. The most enjoyable part of my job is working hard to provide our guest with the best customer service I can so that they walk out feeling as though their every shopping need was met!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss