Target Employee Reviews

Found 33,237 reviews matching the search See all 34,770 reviews
Fast pace atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 18, 2018
Great people to work with very diverse company. Very fast paced atmosphere always changing to keep up with the changes in the retail business. Flexible schedules available to meet your needs.
Pros
Team member discount, flexible work schedule
Cons
Management, communication
Productive enviroment
Floor Supervisor Target (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2018
Target was a great company to work for. The associates were very team oriented. The management culture was one of an open door policy. The management took pride in the development of its associates.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Fun place to work, but still expected you to excel.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 18, 2018
I highly enjoyed my time at Target, but granted I was coming from a far worse place of employment. The management was very understanding. Flexible work schedules that were easy to move around.
Pros
Easy going work environment
Cons
Too many employees to keep any after seasonal hirings
Target
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Target is a nice place to work for even though the hours might be low sometimes but the co-workers are great and customers are mostly nice and understanding.
Pros
many breaks, direct deposit, up to 15% discount if using redcard and employee discount
Cons
can be stressful, not enough AC, employee scheduling
Stressful, low and random hours, no equal opportunity to grow from within the company and poor management.
Food assistant (Current Employee) –  Apple valley CA.September 18, 2018
Poor management, poor wages, random hours, not consistent with the schedule. Problems and concernes are not kept anonymous. Fear of retaliation as far as tampering with your hours and schedule due to the lack of anonymity and lack of trust with immediate leaders.
Pros
Free lunch every now and then.
Cons
Break not consistent, poor wages and hours.
Exceptionally fun work place
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 18, 2018
Absolutely loved my time with Target! The employees were fun and always friendly. Everyone always had a smile on their face! They strive to provide a Fast, Fun and Friendly work environment. Everyone works as a team to get things done!
Pros
Fast, Fun and Friendly work environment!
Cons
Good job but not much pay and hours.
Stocker/FLOW Team (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Was ok to work there but would be nice to get more better pay and hours. They only working on Monday wednsday and Fridays by 11am. or 12pm done for each day. not much money there at all.
Horrible Management and lazy associates
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The Managers wanted to much of you. There are multiple LOD'S or basically boss'es throughout the day and they all tell you to do seperate things through the day and stack it on you and if you cant get it dine they chew you out so hard. These tasks they make you do are the most time consuming tasks too, it's just too much
Great part time job for highschool/ college kids
Sales Floor Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Good company to work for, if you just need to support yourself. It's not full time so it not meant for those who rely solely on a paycheck from here to provide for a family. Otherwise, management was good and coworkers were generally easy to get along with.
Poor management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Management tends to be in decisive as well as incompetent. The leadership does not understand what they are doing in majority of roles. The salary is also not great for the amount of work they task workers with.
Overworked seasonal workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2018
Didn't learn too much and management was very disorganized. Although I was part-time, they always overworked me. Once I worked 3 weeks with only one day off.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Overworked, Minimum Wage, Poor Management
Productive place to work
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 18, 2018
The job is good for high school kids flexible hours and understanding managers lot of times you won't get a 40 hour week it will not let you get more than 40 hours a week the only thing you get is a discount car two weeks after working with them the boss's was okay but a little bit difficult
Pros
Positive work place
Cons
The pay is not good
tv and ping pong table in lounge room
Operator (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CASeptember 18, 2018
Typical work day was fast paced with occasional down time. I learned to maintain a clear head in stressful situations and focus on the goal at hand. The break room was a good distraction when work became too stressful.
Pros
long lunches, free meals for holidays, those who were recognized received free gift cards
Cons
unrealistic expectations, little to no recognition for hard work
Productive and Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 18, 2018
I was usually happy and smiling to my guests daily, I had learned so many new features of drink and seasonal drinks. The management was okay and neat. Workplace culture was pretty steady and diversity. The hardest part of the job that I communicate with people because I am deaf employer. The most enjoyable part of the job that I had a great team.
Pros
free drink and pastry per day
Cons
Short break
team member
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RISeptember 18, 2018
it was great to work at target ..it was a great job...but i need to finish collage so i need a partime job...i wish they can hire me again fo a partime job
Busy work environment
Barista/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 18, 2018
Working there is ok, I'm not a stranger to hard work. Never had a bad experience. I like the management they are friendly. But the wage will not support the cost of living in the area of it's location.
Fun
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 18, 2018
Target is a fun fast pace place to work. Good with scheduling around other priorities. Fast and Friendly. Management is nice and understanding when things come up.
Fun work place
Logistics team member (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 18, 2018
Managers are great and very understanding when it comes to needing time off. We have a lot of fun. We always get our breaks. Good compensation for what we are doing
Pros
Guaranteed breaks
Cons
Very difficult to move up
Lots of cross-department training
Electronics Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 18, 2018
Moves very fast, repetitive work but always something to do. Management willing to recognize work and allow for growth permitting the worker can excel.
Fun and collaborative
Sales Floor Team Member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 18, 2018
I did not work at Target very long, I only worked there as a temporary job before starting my plumbing trade. Target is a good job because you learn a lot about customer service.
Pros
Inside-AC
Cons
Non-stop moving around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.8K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss