TARKETT Employee Reviews

good pay, poor corporate managed
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 24, 2018
stressful, poor and micro managed by corporate heads in NA. No life / work balance. high expectations from corporate office with low training or guidance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
excess of requirements from upper management
Work/Life
Takeoff (Former Employee) –  Chagrin Falls, OHOctober 19, 2018
Job is easy work for "physical labor" and the people you work with are good people. Management is a joke, the least knowledgeable managers have the most power. Plant manager loves to have power trips and sits in lunch area to make everyone uncomfortable. Great pay, but the hours are rough.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Management, Environment
Relaxed yet unprofessional
Level 3 Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALOctober 11, 2018
I've been with this company for about a year now and within that time frame I've maybe gotten a month of actual "full time". The insurance isn't bad, dental is minimum, hours are horrible, and the pay is outrageously awful for the type of place it is. I've almost broken my arm and electrocuted due to horrible management and maintenance. When I was hired they promised me full time and as much over time I wanted. As soon as I was hired in they gave me part time hours (24 or less) and then refuses to give me anymore hours. They purposely cut hours so that the people who sit in chairs can get their bonuses. Management will blatantly lie to your face.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Stay Away
Associate (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHOctober 5, 2018
I was a temp and hired as a forklift operator. I was told I would work four 12 hour days per week with four days off. I was working five ten hour days in a row. My training was minimal. You quickly find out that it takes six months to get hired with the company and when that happens you face mandatory overtime so there is hardly any work life balance. I found out my coworkers had a meeting with management about me and they said I was slow but I only had been there a month. Cut throats culture. If you are over 25 this place is not for you. You are constantly lifting product and my back was slowly giving out and I am 45. They have a standard one must meet called 80 stops per day. Yet everyday I work I had trouble getting a forklift or reach truck and getting a working scan guns. There are people there that will come in an hour early to get good equipment for the day.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Cut throats coworkers. Impossible standards. Training sucks.
Sucks
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHOctober 3, 2018
The money is good. The work is hard and they treat you like a machine. Mandatory overtime. If you are scheduled until 11pm and someone from the next shift calls off at 10:45pm, you are forced to cover 4 hours of that persons shift. If you refuse, you are penalized as if you missed your 8 hour work day.
Management is the biggest problem.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2018
We cannot keep good employees. I love my co-workers, but it seems like everyone's goal is to find something better. The management does not care about their employees or giving opportunities to hard workers in order to move up. They intentionally hire lesser qualified candidates because it's their mentality that they won't leave.....very poor management.
Pros
Insurance is decent.
Cons
Mangement, it's a struggle to move up or into something different.
It used to be a great place
Key account manager (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 12, 2018
The leading company in Russia. Cool working conditions. Nice people. Competitive salaries. Interesting projects. Realistic goals. I used to love Tarkett Rus have no idea what it is now
Expect to Work Weekends
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 27, 2018
Imagine working 2nd shift until 11pm on a Friday and be frowned upon for not wanting to work a full 8 hours - first shift on Saturday and sometimes Sunday. If you don't do that kind of work for your first 90 day probationary period they will fire you by the 89th day before you get your insurance, benefits and can join the Steel Workers Union, where your protected by contract.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Expect to Work Many Weekends and Give Up Your Home Life
one of the worst places to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  tarkett eastJuly 23, 2018
worst place to work and the union is a joke and no help at all. would not ever help anyone I know to get a job there. management is no help when you try to talk to them and they sweep it under the table.
Pros
insurance
Cons
bad management, and supervisors
Plank inspector (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 6, 2018
The place is dusty & humid so dress accordingly.The job is easy but you have to work it a good pace my supervisor was fair and easy to talk overall it was an ok place to work
Pros
Paid for boots & clothes
Cons
Dusty
very bad culture
Sr. Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 3, 2018
Work place culture is this is how we have always done it the upper management does not back it supervisors and consistently steals ideas and credit for any improvements. I would tell anyone if you have another option do not pick Tarkett.
Cons
bad air quality dirty atmosphere no leadership
No longer the company I started with.
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 19, 2018
I joined Tarkett in the fall of 2013. The company I left in May of 2018 was nothing like what I started with. Management changes, a stressful working environment, and departmental restructuring has caused a lot of good people to quit or transfer to another department. The stress level has increased exponentially, to the point where a typical work week in my department was a minimum of 50 hours plus (usually closer to 60), including having to work from home in the evenings and on the weekends just to try to stay current. Management turnover was nearly as bad as employee turnover. In 4.5 years, I had 5 different managers. The team I worked with was wonderful, and I’ve not seen a more dedicated group. However, as the stress level and workload increased, along with more and more manual processes, those good employees began to slowly leave, resulting in an ever-increasing flow of new hires who had to be trained, but the resources to train them were long gone by the time their first day arrived. Daily meetings could take up anywhere from a quarter to over half of the work day. Eventually, the complete lack of work/life balance and stress levels prompted me to leave the company and it honestly was a decision that was easy to make. I hope Tarkett examines the exodus of employees that has taken place over the last year and does something to retain their veteran employees. If not, it will simply continue to spiral out of control.
Pros
Wonderful team, Decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, turnover, lack of work life balance
No future here!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Munn Rd. Chagrin Falls, OHJune 19, 2018
Dirty and dusty factory atmosphere. Be prepared to work 80+ hr. weeks. Management doesn’t care about their employees. Management is extremely negative and unapproachable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, atmosphere and hours
great place to work
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
A typical day at work was come in and take over from other shift and look a the days schedule making sure you had the required amount of people to work
Pros
great pay
Cons
Management cares more about how fast your line is running than how much product gets shipped out
Operator/take off (Current Employee) –  Chagrin Falls, OHMay 16, 2018
If management could understand that if you run a line under rate and pack parts other than try to run at rate and scrap, the floor would be much more productive.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, management
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAMay 15, 2018
Tarkett is one of the world’s largest floor covering manufacturers, and is ecologically responsible, successful, and stable. The strength of the corporation provides security and unrivaled benefits, yet each division is managed locally and personally.
Pros
Outstanding medical, dental, vision and life insurance, competitive pay, and matching 401k.
Cons
Very busy, but it makes the time pass quickly... sometimes, too quickly!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 11, 2018
Slow paced work days, I learned how to operate a die cutting machine. Management was very easy to get along with. Workplace culture was like family. The hardest part of the job would be lifting heavy materials. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while you worked.
Pros
Slow paced work days
Cons
There was not much overtime available
was ok to work there changes needed to be made.
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 22, 2018
we had our differences, so I am applying for new employment, I am a very hard worker, safe,on time I don't miss work I work well with others, and I can multitask, Tarkett was a good work place it just was time for me to move on.
Pros
4on 4 off work schedule
Cons
didn't treat employees well
If you are not a white male or female you won't advance anywhere at all
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 6, 2018
So many things to say. Thinking of speaking to an attorney based on the unfair treatment of some employees not having any ability to move forward and advance within the company because of race and culture.
Pros
Plenty time-off days
Cons
The issue is its a problem to use those off days because they never want anyone to take off
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 5, 2018
long days long nights fast pace job. the job is also very dusty . good work place work is work .Everyone seems to get alone there fine . Everyone is willing to help or show you how to do a job the right way.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TARKETT. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight