Tarleton State University Employee Reviews

School
Student (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 18, 2019
This is school. Not sure what to say here. However, it was a great experience and it helps people better themselves for the future. School is very important.
Real world experience gained.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 17, 2019
I was grateful to have the opportunity to graduate and work with the university. I gained experience that I will be able to take into my industry of interest.
Interesting place with lot to learn
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 26, 2019
A fun place with helpful co-workers, cheerful and motivating boss, and friendly environment. Employees always help you to learn more and more about the job.
Director, Procurement & Contracts (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Great place to work. Great team, promotes diversity and inclusion. Hardest part of the job was lack of feedback and the best part of them job was working with a great team.
Collaborative and fun workplace
Web Strategy Technician (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Feels more like a family than a workplace. Everyone helps each other out and throws ideas into projects. Whether you are a student looking for an internship or a graduate looking for a full-time job, Tarleton's Marketing & Communications department is the place to work.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor of Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2018
As a part-time contracted employee I was not provided with benefits ot a full-time salary. I taught college level credit courses in Crime Prevention, Juvenile Delinquency and Law enforcement Management
Pros
Good school and leadership
Cons
Only part time
Not great pay but good environment
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXNovember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with at Tarleton State University but the pay is quite low. As a student worker, I made minimum wage and could work a max 20 hours per pay period.
High moral
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXOctober 10, 2018
I have only positive things to say about being a student worker at TSU. My negative, which is pay, is due to the number of hours I was able to work while being a full time student. (They were very flexible, I was taking too many class hours.)
Pros
On campus
Cons
Pay
Great Place
Content Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXOctober 2, 2018
I loved my time work at Tarleton. I got to build a great portfolio and had a wonderful time working in the Student Affairs Marketing and Communication department before graduation.
Great work for students
Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 18, 2018
I was a student worker. They worked with my class schedule it allowed me to have the ability to work between classes and earn some extra money in school
Loved it
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 18, 2018
The best place i worked for while attending school. It has its slow days but overall it was good. Shout out to all the HR ladies. Y'all where the best to work for
Laid back place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 17, 2018
I was a lab assistant for a semester. And it was a very laid back position that consisted mostly of monitoring students in the lab, answering questions, and grading papers
Good part time employment and for learning.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 4, 2018
I have been able to learn a lot through my position and gain real world experience I can apply in my future career. Nice getting to only work 20 hours a week, but they restrict you on that and the pay isn’t enough to live off of at all. Plus any work you do over 20 hrs you don’t get paid for.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Flexible for students.
Graduate Assistant, Department of Counseling (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 1, 2018
Student worker/graduate assistant jobs are great for those who just need work experience or extra income, but not for those who want to earn enough money to live on. These jobs are limited to 20 hours a week, but increased to 30 hours a week during the summer for student workers only. Graduate assistants are offered health/vision insurance, paid for by Tarleton, and the option to add dental and supplemental vision insurance plans for under $20/mo combined. Student workers/graduate assistants are not given the option of purchasing staff parking, so they must deal with the lack of student parking, and will most likely need to walk a somewhat far distance to their office depending on where they are located on campus.

However, student workers/graduate assistants are rewarded for their hard work depending on their supervisor, and the university has dedicated an entire week of appreciation these employees; some offices may celebrate more extravagantly than others.
Pros
Flexible schedules, perks.
Cons
Limited work hours, lack of parking/walking distance.
Fun Place to work
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 20, 2018
It was a fun, easy place to work at. You get to meet a lot of new people. It can get pretty crazy at times like during the first week of classes when the kids are coming in to get the books they need.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Standing a lot
Productive workplace offering vast amounts of knowledge
Staff Technician Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 18, 2018
Texas Institute for applied environmental research has allowed me to begin bridging the gap between the environmental and political worlds. I work in both the field and office and have been exposed to the professional workforce through interactions with professionals around me.
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 1, 2018
Great place to work with amazing management and coworkers! Great with giving days off and helping you fit right in when you are hired to work here!!!!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Nothing really
Excellent Position
Grad Assistant, Student Acco Lab, Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 26, 2018
I loved working for the university in the computer labs and as a Grad Assistant. The supervisors were great to me, helped me with my schedule and gave me time to do my assignments during slower hours. Its the reason I had a only 1 B in my last 60 hours and learned so much about computers and software.
Pros
Great Flexable hours
Cons
Sometimes you work Saturdays, but not often.
Overall relaxed position that at times can be entertaining
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 11, 2018
typical work day for an OA in Heritage Hall who usually work the night and graveyard shifts were helping residents with logging maintenance, referring any information a resistant might need regarding their housing and or college career based on our own experience. Helping Residential Leaders with events they put on.
Pros
you can do your homework while working depending on the RC or GA
Cons
Some residential lobbies can be loud because of residents playing pool in the lobby or watching tv
Great work with fun people
Supplemental Instructor, Mentor and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for ARC at Tarleton State University. The people were caring and became good friends while the work was enjoyable.