Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

Great place to teach mathematics.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 20, 2018
All professors have autonomy regarding syllabus, lesson plans, and grading. The math department does not interfere with grading. Some department heads at other colleges do.
Collaborative, friendly work environment.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 19, 2018
Tarrant County offers a comparatively relaxed work-environment where Adjuncts get to exercise a lot of independence in choosing what teaching strategies and supplementary materials they will use, as long they follow the basic course syllabus and the grading criteria. Co-workers are very supportive and there are opportunities to earn some extra bucks through completing professional development hours, which are paid-hours on top of the teaching hours. Substituting for absentee instructors is also an opportunity to earn some extra cash. However, all of these depend on networking and seniority.
Pros
Effort is made to accommodate the class schedule to individual preferences
Cons
No job security, No guarantee of getting class assignments, cancellation of assigned classes at the last minute due to low student enrollment, not enough classes for newer Adjuncts.
Post graduation job
Instructional Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
It was my first job after college, took a teaching position, and enjoyed the work. Overall, I enjoyed the work, the teaching was rewarding and the students were good.
It was an experience
Instructional Associate (Tutor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2018
This is a very unique work environment that has the potential for personal growth and the ability to work with an amazing group of people. Great Potential!
Its a nice place to work and learn.
Instructional Associate/ Technical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Trinity RiverNovember 7, 2018
It provides with you with various opportunities for learning and improving your skills while working. The working environment is conducive and relaxing.
Creative and forward thinking workspace
OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2018
A typical day would be me working with our team to create community events for TCC students and non-students. Our team is make up of creative and innovative thinkers who collaborate together on assignments. The job atmosphere is relaxed and creative.
Great community college that helps people reach success to further their careers
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marine Creek, Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2018
Not a minute is wasted, instructions given and hard work expected to accomplish goals set before us. I learned to trust the process. Management worked in excellence. Workplace was very adaptable. The hardest part of the job was working in and out of 117 degree weather in the summer. Enjoyed making new friends and calling them family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
dress code
Peer Advisor
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 22, 2018
Gave campus tours and organized events. During finals, tours and events would slow down and I would do secretary work in the office. I would run paperwork from one office to another, and work with MS Word an MS Excel.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I would never sit in one place during an entire shift. I was always required to be in different parts of campus to work. Management was awesome which made my job fun and easy to do.
Pros
Works well with school schedule
Great work environment
ON-CALL SENIOR OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2018
Supportive work environment
Great part-time job
Flexible hours if needed
The hardest part of the job was learning many different tasks
Management was supportive and easy to work for.
Pros
part time work
Cons
no vacation or sick pay
RN in a growing college environment
BSN, RN in the school clinic (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tarrant County College. I really enjoyed working with the manager in the health services clinic at TCC--I would be very happy to be working there again, there is no job opening at this time
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2018
Overall, TCC is a great place to work. We are a productive team. We get a generous amount of time off during the holiday season. Summer hours are 4/10...four days per week at 10 hours a day. The college is closed on Fridays. We have great resources and partnerships.
Pros
Free tuition
Working there was convenient
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Working there was convenient. It did not pay that much since we couldn't work for more that 19.5 hours. The manager did not stay abreast with pay changes when I asked her about if I'd get a raise since she didn't know that the pay went up after I started working there. It said so on the flyer in the business office which I'm pretty sure she created.
Productive and friendly workplace
Professor of Economics and Business Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Productive and friendly workplace with lots of opportunities. The college offers efficient staff support and excellent computer access. The college provides in-house professional development opportunities.
Professional and respectful
Assistant Disability Support Services, TCCD (Former Employee) –  Fort worth, Texas, USASeptember 14, 2018
The job was very fulfilling in that I was helping disabled students to take their note in class. Even though we got paid for doing what we did. We felt very good making a difference in the lives of disabled students.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
No cons (I loved what I did)
Review Summary
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of helping students completing various assignments, it consists of classroom lecturing, grading assignments, and ensuring that students meet deadlines on assignments. In a classroom of 27, I learned classroom management and how to deal with different personalities.

The work place is considered to be a melting pot and a learners' environment with various type of nationalities. The job has some form of difficulties but being that it is my responsibility to guide my students, I do not look at the difficulties but how to assist students to strive in the academic community. The job can be enjoyable especially when students are working very hard to accomplish their objectives. My most enjoyable part of the day is to see how motivated the students in thriving for success.
Experience
Assistant to Chief Diversity Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Your experience depends on where you are within the hierarchy and your sphere of influence. I appreciate the professional development opportunities and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, professional development
Cons
Reactive environment
Work Life Balance
Director, Community & Industry Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2018
promotes work/life balance. Opportunity for growth and promotion within divisions. Great place to work. Would highly recommend this employer...…………...
Community based , diverse company to work for.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.I learned so much and there was plenty of room for advancement. Very friendly environment and well organized.I would recommend this experience to anyone.
Relaxed and accomodating
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work for students who need a relaxed part-time position. The jobs aren't too demanding- a student often as down time to work on homework if necessary.
Communication is essential with this job. Since this is a college job, you must stay updated on the goings-on of the campus and stay in touch with other departments through e-mail.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Limited hours
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2018
Math department is very supportive. The students have opportunity to visit a lab for support with their math classes which helps reinforce the lecture and practice.