Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

Tcc
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
Caring staff and eager students. The hours towards the end of registration (Saturdays and Sundays!) and in the summer (10-hour days!) can be brutal. Students go on to do great things, which always makes it worth it!
Did not work at this job long
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
I taught Science, Math and Engineering to Junior high school students in a club for first time college potential or low income student.

That Junior HIgh students are not easy to work with.

Management was a joke. With a degree in Theatre I was unprepared to teach the information and I had little to no support.

Horrible

Driving 20 miles 3 times a week to teach students that did not want to be there.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no raise, no support
Review for Work Study Position
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
I had a job as more of a customer service representative due to the other staff being specifically busy handling the brunt of the work load.
My fellow employees were very nice but also very occupied so I had to handle the students that came in asking general questions such as how to print papers or how to install antivirus software.
Good work environment, worked on the 7th floor so the view of downtown and the trinity river was very refreshing.
Pros
Good hours, great team, can be relaxed, and plenty of break opportunities.
Cons
Restricted work hours, some days more busy than others.
summary
Associate Professor-Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
Work as FT faculty with future RNs in ADN program, very rewarding.
I find working with hospitals and education is a great blend of my skills. I love staying abreast of up to date real time hospital protocols.
Pros
summers off
Cons
Great job position to learn and earn
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2018
Depending on time of your session, there could be different number of students in.
Class attendance is mandatory, so can review what you learned and also helpful to prepare for the session
For the experience
On Call Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2018
If you are just wanting part time it is an ok experience. If you are looking for full time there is no advancement. They only hire from within the college.
awesome place to work
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 29, 2018
As a supplemental instruction leader, had to attend the class, then proceed to have a tutoring session before or after the class, you can pick out your own schedule. Only hard part of the job is getting students to come to your sessions.
Pros
relaxed, make your own schedule, good hourly wage, can attend at any campus
Cons
little hours
Great Place To Work
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2018
Tarrant County College is a great place to work. The faculty and staff are all very helpful and fun to work with. The bureaucracy is the only down side if it all.
Amazing Place to Work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Great place to work. Great supervisor. Great classrooms. Students are generally good. I hope to work there for a long time, perhaps even get a full time position.
Great working with students again
Educational Assistant Dual Credit (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 15, 2018
It has a friendly, helpful environment that works well with personal responsibilities. Staff are helpful and interested in each other and the students who attend TCC.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and productive place to work for.
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TXJune 13, 2018
I always felt supported and informed when working for TCC. The environment and staff made it so that everyone looked forward to come to work for the day.
Summary
Adjunct Professor -Spanish I, II (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 6, 2018
Turnover rate exceed positions available and student demand. No official communication of non-rehire position. I found out that I was no longer working there when I went to renew my parking permit.
Pros
Very community oriented
Cons
Lack of adequate communication with Adjunct faculty
Excellent Institution of learning
Student Accessibility Resource Personnel (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
Tarrant County College has a lot of free cozy spaces that students can chill out with within and after a very hard and stressful day at school. The sofas and couches are very comfortable and makes one to relax as if it is home. The artistic decorations and pictures also beautify the walls of Tarrant County Colleges.
Pros
Cheap printing costs
Cons
Lack of cheap living accomodation to students
It is a good place to work.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 24, 2018
i wok as a math tutor in math lab. i assist students wit their homework. It is good place to work and improve the math skills by helping students. Work environment is relaxed.
Cons
no benefits
Tough time to do an adjunct
Temporary Full-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 23, 2018
They don't pay as much as Dallas County or Collin County but the students are great. It is a tough time to be an adjunct. Being capped at three classes a semester forces you to work at multiple college systems just to get by. I had to piece together 8 classes between three counties. You will spend half your time driving.
Good Place to work
Preparatory Piano Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 22, 2018
Very good environment to work while also taking classes. Those in higher positions are very helpful with learning new tasks and helping explain certain processes.
Cons
Hourly work limit
Ok place to work while you are attending college.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Tarrant county, TXMay 21, 2018
Career advancement is very difficult in this type of industry. It's hard to find full-time employment and the hiring process can take months for approval.
student
Lab Assistant for the Technology Department (Former Employee) –  Fot Worth, TexasMay 17, 2018
I was a student working part time setting-up lab work. Preparing materials for future projects. Watching over the projects to verify projected outcomes. I was there for three months. I had no management duties what so ever. I was a student helping out during the summer months and then I graduated
Education
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
great balance between work and school. was able to do school work during slow periods. Very friendly staff. Wish pay was a little more but thankful to have the position.
office clerical
STUDENT SUCCESS (WORK STUDY) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
typical day is filing, emailing, scanning ,mailing and sorting documents . I report to my supervisor on the duties needed to be done which changed daily.