Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

Good work/life
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2019
I worked here while in college. For that matter it was good. Pay wasn't great but was willing to work with my school schedule.
Hard to get in here. Management is older.
immediate supervision was unsresponsive to requests for assistance and additional training
Adjunct Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Offered absolutely no assistance or additional training when requested, yet provided a horrible evaluation based on issues I had tried to ask about or clarify
Pros
Close to home and great students
Cons
Just about everything else regarding management
Tarrant County College at the Trinity River Campus is a great place to work.
Police Officer (Patrol) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Throughout my tenured at Tarrant County College I enjoyed participating as a mentor for students, events, sponsorships, and being a member of the CARE Team (Consultaion Assessment Resources and Education). The CARE Team focused on the well-being and academics of their faculty, staff, and students at the Tarrant County District. Tarrant County encourages their employees to further their education. The hardest part of the job is advancing within the system whether as an adjunct instructor or administration consultant.
Pros
Great camaraderie among President to the students.
Cons
Poor Advancement opportunities and salary
Low pay and hard to advance
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I took a job as an instructional assistant. I really wanted to find a way into an education environment but the only job I could qualify for was a part-time position (19.5 hours per week) that required a bachelor's degree!

Seriously, for what I do a bachelor's degree is asking too much. I basically, keep an equipment room clean, help out students in the computer lab, and do some light filing and paperwork.

But that's what it takes to get into the door with some of these entry level positions. Unfortunately, the pay is low and I couldn't find another part-time job to accommodate the schedule I had with TCC.

Furthermore, advancement opportunities are pretty much non-existent unless your moving up the faculty ladder which requires a Master's Degree.

Some people get in because of who they know or because they're applying for a specific admin position and are bringing in specific credentials or work experience. But if you're looking to start a career here from an entry level position, good luck.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Minimum job requirements are too high; Pay is too low.
my school job
Computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2019
i was only here at tcc because i needed a job while i was going to school i loved the job and hoped it would become permanent but it did not work out once i graduated i had to leave
Fun and productive
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 1, 2019
The best place to work.
Learned many things from the working place.
Communication skills and confidence level was build up.
The working place has a good environment.
Great for Side Job
Admin. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 30, 2019
The range for advancement is very limited. They only promote a handful to full time, the rest they leave on call. Understanding employers and communicate well.
Enjoyed working with students and other staff
Instructional Assistant Permanent-Part-time (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Typical day at work was attending to students and their testing needs and. I learned a great deal of work from Testing Department. Always gave exceptional customer service and up to date with training requirements.
Teaching is different
Adjunct Professor of Government (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Overall, I enjoyed teaching at TCC because it was fun and the students, by and large, were older and fairly serious about furthering their education. You can take the lack of "supervision" of instructors as a blessing or as a curse. Teaching and managing are very different skill sets, both of which must be practiced often in order to be good at it.
Great Institution
TEXAS (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Great place to work the environment is friendly and workable. The school promotes professional development, but being an adjunct an individual does not have an opportunity to become full time due to a small full-time faculty load
Tcc
Secretary Aid (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Working here was pretty cool and laid back. Management was nice, co-workers were cool. Pay was okay as well. Would recommend to others. Does get repetitive at times.
Pros
Chill environment
Cons
N/a
Tarrant County College Job Satisfaction
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I have really enjoyed working ar TCC. The teaching staff is both congenial and helpful. The students are dedicated and hardworking. My only issue is job security. Adjuncts are subject to enrollment numbers that cause income fluctuations.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Job security
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Do more with less. Seems to be their motto! They always want to do a good job, a good conference, luncheon and etc., however they never want to gives us the funds to that excellent job. You never hear about the good things you do, only when you make some mad, then they want to chop your head off!!! OMG!
Pros
lots of food
Cons
hard to get - lunch hours, breaks and honest communication
Work Study Review
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I worked for the Supplemental Instruction office at the south campus. I worked for 1 and a half years. Generally nice people, worth 10 and hour as all I did was sit and study. The main work I did was entering student trafficking histories into a database, that only took me 45 minutes a day.
Pros
Study while working, lunch is whenever.
Cons
Low pay, that about it
Professional and friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Great work environment; friendly staff and good management. Typical day is busy with no shortage of tasks and steady pace with occasional fast and hectic pace. Pay for entry level administrative position is low but competitive and part of a generous benefit and total compensation package.
Pros
Paid spring and winter breaks; good benefits including health and tuition
Community college adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 26, 2018
Teach IT/Information security/cyber security classes to adults of all ages 17-77. Write courseware or adapt books and course materials from a variety of community and educational sources. Come up with materials to teach based on what I see as important in the real world.
Providing a safe environment for staff
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 9, 2018
To ensure safety to my teamworks, making sure chemical and equipment are used properly. Delegating tasks to make sure the job gets completed in a timely manner.
Great place to teach mathematics.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 20, 2018
All professors have autonomy regarding syllabus, lesson plans, and grading. The math department does not interfere with grading. Some department heads at other colleges do.
Collaborative, friendly work environment.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 19, 2018
Tarrant County offers a comparatively relaxed work-environment where Adjuncts get to exercise a lot of independence in choosing what teaching strategies and supplementary materials they will use, as long they follow the basic course syllabus and the grading criteria. Co-workers are very supportive and there are opportunities to earn some extra bucks through completing professional development hours, which are paid-hours on top of the teaching hours. Substituting for absentee instructors is also an opportunity to earn some extra cash. However, all of these depend on networking and seniority.
Pros
Effort is made to accommodate the class schedule to individual preferences
Cons
No job security, No guarantee of getting class assignments, cancellation of assigned classes at the last minute due to low student enrollment, not enough classes for newer Adjuncts.
Post graduation job
Instructional Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
It was my first job after college, took a teaching position, and enjoyed the work. Overall, I enjoyed the work, the teaching was rewarding and the students were good.