Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

RN in a growing college environment
BSN, RN in the school clinic (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tarrant County College. I really enjoyed working with the manager in the health services clinic at TCC--I would be very happy to be working there again, there is no job opening at this time
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2018
Overall, TCC is a great place to work. We are a productive team. We get a generous amount of time off during the holiday season. Summer hours are 4/10...four days per week at 10 hours a day. The college is closed on Fridays. We have great resources and partnerships.
Pros
Free tuition
Working there was convenient
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Working there was convenient. It did not pay that much since we couldn't work for more that 19.5 hours. The manager did not stay abreast with pay changes when I asked her about if I'd get a raise since she didn't know that the pay went up after I started working there. It said so on the flyer in the business office which I'm pretty sure she created.
Productive and friendly workplace
Professor of Economics and Business Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Productive and friendly workplace with lots of opportunities. The college offers efficient staff support and excellent computer access. The college provides in-house professional development opportunities.
Professional and respectful
Assistant Disability Support Services, TCCD (Former Employee) –  Fort worth, Texas, USASeptember 14, 2018
The job was very fulfilling in that I was helping disabled students to take their note in class. Even though we got paid for doing what we did. We felt very good making a difference in the lives of disabled students.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
No cons (I loved what I did)
Review Summary
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of helping students completing various assignments, it consists of classroom lecturing, grading assignments, and ensuring that students meet deadlines on assignments. In a classroom of 27, I learned classroom management and how to deal with different personalities.

The work place is considered to be a melting pot and a learners' environment with various type of nationalities. The job has some form of difficulties but being that it is my responsibility to guide my students, I do not look at the difficulties but how to assist students to strive in the academic community. The job can be enjoyable especially when students are working very hard to accomplish their objectives. My most enjoyable part of the day is to see how motivated the students in thriving for success.
Experience
Assistant to Chief Diversity Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Your experience depends on where you are within the hierarchy and your sphere of influence. I appreciate the professional development opportunities and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, professional development
Cons
Reactive environment
Work Life Balance
Director, Community & Industry Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2018
promotes work/life balance. Opportunity for growth and promotion within divisions. Great place to work. Would highly recommend this employer...…………...
Community based , diverse company to work for.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.I learned so much and there was plenty of room for advancement. Very friendly environment and well organized.I would recommend this experience to anyone.
Relaxed and accomodating
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work for students who need a relaxed part-time position. The jobs aren't too demanding- a student often as down time to work on homework if necessary.
Communication is essential with this job. Since this is a college job, you must stay updated on the goings-on of the campus and stay in touch with other departments through e-mail.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Limited hours
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2018
Math department is very supportive. The students have opportunity to visit a lab for support with their math classes which helps reinforce the lecture and practice.
Excellent student environment
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2018
Multiple answering phone calls and attending 400 average people per day in the counseling department. over 500 students in the computer lab where I was 5 years
Tcc
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
Caring staff and eager students. The hours towards the end of registration (Saturdays and Sundays!) and in the summer (10-hour days!) can be brutal. Students go on to do great things, which always makes it worth it!
Did not work at this job long
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
I taught Science, Math and Engineering to Junior high school students in a club for first time college potential or low income student.

That Junior HIgh students are not easy to work with.

Management was a joke. With a degree in Theatre I was unprepared to teach the information and I had little to no support.

Horrible

Driving 20 miles 3 times a week to teach students that did not want to be there.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no raise, no support
Great people; allowed me to focus on my studies as well as work for them.
Perform data entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2018
The school was excellent and the manager laid out clear and concise expectations about what he wanted and when he wanted it. He allowed me to do school work during slow turns and let me come in when I needed so that I could focus more on my school schedule.
Review for Work Study Position
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
I had a job as more of a customer service representative due to the other staff being specifically busy handling the brunt of the work load.
My fellow employees were very nice but also very occupied so I had to handle the students that came in asking general questions such as how to print papers or how to install antivirus software.
Good work environment, worked on the 7th floor so the view of downtown and the trinity river was very refreshing.
Pros
Good hours, great team, can be relaxed, and plenty of break opportunities.
Cons
Restricted work hours, some days more busy than others.
summary
Associate Professor-Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
Work as FT faculty with future RNs in ADN program, very rewarding.
I find working with hospitals and education is a great blend of my skills. I love staying abreast of up to date real time hospital protocols.
Pros
summers off
Cons
Great job position to learn and earn
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2018
Depending on time of your session, there could be different number of students in.
Class attendance is mandatory, so can review what you learned and also helpful to prepare for the session
For the experience
On Call Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2018
If you are just wanting part time it is an ok experience. If you are looking for full time there is no advancement. They only hire from within the college.
awesome place to work
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 29, 2018
As a supplemental instruction leader, had to attend the class, then proceed to have a tutoring session before or after the class, you can pick out your own schedule. Only hard part of the job is getting students to come to your sessions.
Pros
relaxed, make your own schedule, good hourly wage, can attend at any campus
Cons
little hours