Tarrant County College Culture reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great working with students again
Educational Assistant Dual Credit (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 15, 2018
It has a friendly, helpful environment that works well with personal responsibilities. Staff are helpful and interested in each other and the students who attend TCC.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and productive place to work for.
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TXJune 13, 2018
I always felt supported and informed when working for TCC. The environment and staff made it so that everyone looked forward to come to work for the day.
stressful and yet educational
College Student (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 9, 2018
Stressful yet educational, terrible working enviroments, you can use the bathroom any time you want but English was very fun. Workplace culture was somewhat fun during the fairs. if and when we were able to make it.
Pros
educational
Cons
stressfull
Great work place to learn how to teach.
Supplement Instruction Leader for COSC (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 8, 2018
The workplace culture emphasized leading students in peer base review session to comprehend the topic covered in classes at Tarrant County College District.
Enjoy working here
N/A (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2018
It is a great place to work with lots of flexibility. Co-workers are great and administration is for the most part good. I enjoy the time off during holidays.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Very good experienced job
MATH TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 17, 2018
Good environment for student to working and get experience. Very nice people around. Good interaction with people. Absolutely no stressful work. Nice supervisor
Amazing District
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2018
I LOVE TCCD. I am an adjunct instructor and I truly love the culture that this district has set in place for faculty and students. I hope to eventually get hired on full time with the District. It is a great place to work and I am grateful to have this opportunity.
Great Place for Experience
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2018
TCC is a great place to work especially if you are a full-time student. The environment is slow paced and the staff is caring individuals. If you are seeking a place to get started with career goals TCC is the place.
Amazing place
Work Study Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Fantastic job and incredibly easy. The coworkers, and other students are amazing. The pay and hours are very little, but it's a Work Study job. Great!
Pros
1 hour lunch if you work 8 or more hours, management and people are nice
instructor position
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2018
TCC is a great place to work; howev3er, there is no room for advancement there. The students are great to work with, but advancement in workplace is important
Helpful management staff
Math tutor and Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 18, 2017
Staff was very understanding and flexible with scheduling. Management wants you to succeed. Strong support system if you get stuck, team members always ready to help you out.
The Best Job Ever
Part-time Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2017
Your day could start with organizing classing rooms and setting up training courses. I learned how hard work can be fun as well as challenging. The management never once left things up to chance. The management team made sure that every employee knew what was expected of them and how to best succeed at work.The hardest part was literally not having enough hours to become full-time. I truly enjoyed how every day was different and I learned something new about police training and life style.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun atmosphere, new tasks every day
Cons
just not enough hours
Balance able part-time work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102November 2, 2017
Straight to the point i was a student at the college when i worked there so my points here are for that role not a full-time non-student worker.

Extremely flexible hours of work able to work before, in between and after classes.

Typical work was a large variety of paper work, and customer service.

Management was very personable, with a good understanding of "We each do our part".

Very positive workplace culture focusing on achievement through hard work and understanding.

Hardest part pre/post event set-up and cleaning.

Most enjoyable part was the job was being able to build skills in a place where management understood the learning process thoroughly.
Pros
Flexible hours, positive workplace, skill building
Cons
part-time only
Good place for a relaxed pace
Adjunct Instructor - Department of Life Science (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 21, 2017
Little intrusion by managers and a lot of freedom to create your own curriculum, and manage your courses in creative ways. It is a good environment full of competent people
Productive and fun job.
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2017
the library is always busy and you get to meet new people. you learn to multitask and stay calm in stressful situations. the hardest part of the job is not a full time job.
Very enjoyable place to work at!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2017
fun, relaxed, free food, good people and students. Schedules are very flexible, bosses are very comprehensive, they understand you have a life outside and have personal issues happen.
Pros
free food, great people, caring
Cons
on-call, no benefits, monthly pay.
Awesome experience
Administrative Assistant for the Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102August 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at TCC. The work environment was incredible and for the most part everyone was professional. The job description and work load was spot on. I really enjoyed it!
Don't give it your all
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2017
You have to make life work balance. Supervisors want low pay but great minds... You have to pay for it. They expect but don't want to ROI of human capital.
Great concepts but need to learn to bring up those who work hard and are loyal.
And oh yeah...loyalty means nothing!
They try to embrace a culture but lacks moral to sustain the positive culture
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Moral for those who are loyal. Need to help those grow who are loyal
Student Perspective
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 4, 2017
Great place to further your education. I learned a great deal and always felt the instructors were helpful and approachable. I look forward to what the future brings.
Educational, Ideal environment to work for and has a sense of a strong team work.
Lab Student/Teacher Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 5, 2017
As a student I was able to work for the school's Photo lab under an organized establishment. I learned to be a better team player and enjoyed working in a environment where the members of the team have a strong sense of comradery and a sense of a good work ethic.
Pros
walking distance to get to my work
Cons
Only available to the School's Students.