TARRANT COUNTY Employee Reviews

Productive and hardworking work envitonment.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2018
The office was great. Everyone worked at their highest abilities and respected the workplace, the customers, and the workers. You will easily get comfortable in your new job and grow to love it.
Poor management
STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Easy job, however management is horrible. Also there is no job security, staff members are always being told they may be walked out
Pay is pretty good
Great experience
Property Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2018
It was a great work environment. Everyone was super friendly. Business casual dress code .Rotated departments in the Tax office depending on the work priority
Great place!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work if you are straight out of high school. You can grow with this company and they have great benefits. Lost of work job security of sure.,
Pros
benfits
Cons
paying for parking
Work Place
Fort Worth - Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102January 10, 2018
Duties: I was in charge of a housing unit with 72 inmates. Did routine cell checks every 30-40 minutes. Typed and kept a daily log of everything that happened in the jail. Which included who came in and out the housing unit, diabetic checks, TB checks, inmates acting up or breaking rules, etc. Wrote reports of any incidents that happened in the housing unit during my shift.
a place to change lives
Community Supervision Officer (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 26, 2017
The environment was nice it is just a face paced work environment. Enjoyed what I did and the opportunity to help people change their lives. I wanted the best for the individuals that I served.
Happy, pleasant environment where you can work without being micro-managed.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2017
The best job that I've ever had. The staff are friendly and feel like a real family. There's a lot of paper to handle and some computer tedium, but it's all balanced at the Tarrant Appraisal District, particularly if you work in the back as I did.

You get to dress in business casual, your own clothing, and the building is temperature controlled and clean. There is a break room equipped with a plethora of items to buy and a card reader system.

The work is not always the most interesting, but it is varied so that you're never bored for too long.

Excellent, excellent place to work.
Pros
Basically everything. People, pay, location, culture, the work, great place for admin assistant experience.
Cons
Some tedium, but not much.
Productive workplace and very busy.
Title Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
A day at work started with customers and ended with customers. You learn to deal with all kinds of people. Most of the managers worked the line if we were very busy. The hardest part of the job was the changes that took place from the state. It seemed like once you learned something, it changed. I liked the interaction with the customers
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Working with people
Productive fun work place
Associate Clerk III-District Clerk/Family Law (Current Employee) –  200 E Weatherford St Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me is very busy. Many tasks are often processed daily. We deal with so many people daily. You are working from the time you get there until the time you leave. Management is management. Culture okay. Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers at time. Most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy. Overall fun exciting place to work.
Pros
Many eating places within working distance.
Cons
Short breaks.
A very good place to work
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2017
The job was not hard. There was a great team work available, programmers, team players. Documentations, managers. I was a contact employee. They were phasing out the mainframe area. After that was completed, everyone was laid off.
Fast paced enviroment
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Civil courts buildingAugust 6, 2017
Was a great job to work at. Excellent job security friendly people, good benefits. Would recommend as a gpod place to work. I Would work there again
Great job
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 1, 2017
Taught on behalf of the regular teachers when they are on leave, Followed the Curriculum and lesson plans that were made by the regular teacher., Encouraged the students to take part in the extracurricular activities.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
15 minutes break
internship
Community Supervision Officer I (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 21, 2017
The internship process was simple. The office that I was assigned with was very accommodating with the school schedule. The staff was very helpful and able to teach.
Pros
easy
Cons
short internship
Productive and always driving
Striping Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2016
a typical day at work was first filling the striping truck with paint and beads. Moving around paint barrels and preparing to strip city or county roads. I learned how to operate the paint truck, how to properly clean that kind of equipment and what goes into preparing to painting. I had 3 other coworkers and they all showed me how to do the job. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the sun and heat. The most enjoyable part was finishing a job and getting it done right with no issues.
Great work place
MHMR Tarrant County Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2016
As an intern I gained a lot of experience doing case management. The case managers and supervisor on site were always very helpful and willing to help.
very productive work place, great benefis
Operator 3/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 22, 2016
work is productive, training is very good, they train you to drive a commercial vehicle and obtain a cdl (class b or class a). Benefits are very good. supervisors are helpful and informative
My County job lasted longer than my marriage.
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2015
After close to 15 years of service with Tarrant County, I have learned

the value of teamwork, leadership and cooperation with all types of

individuals. While at times the job was physically and mentally

demanding, it created unity and bonding that made each day a

pleasant work environment.
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
Operator Computer Info Technology (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is very routine. What I have learned is there is a lot of training available which helps employees to become computer literate.

The co-workers are like family because people tend to stay there so you get to know your co workers.

There are no hard parts of the job.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is helping the customers.

The job location is in Fort Worth, Texas
Pros
Cons
Being on call and working weekends
Interesting
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2015
This job had a lot of opportunity to learn, it had it's downfalls as all jobs do, but for the most part, this was not a bad place to work. The job was interesting, with all kinds of different people. You were always learning new laws and for the most part, you got to see justice for those who really deserved it.
Learning how to practice law
TRAVIS COUNTY ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2015
It was a great job right out of law school. I had several mentors who helped me. I was responsible for filing cases then moved to trial work. The office only handled misdemeanors and I wants to advance in my career
Pros
Mentors, learning how to practice law
Cons
Lack of advancement