TAS Environmental Services Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 21, 2017
TAS is a professional, profitable, and fast growing company. Although my role at TAS was temporary, I enjoyed working there. The Corporate office was very supportive, as well as the staff at the other branch offices. The work was often interesting, and the Operations Manager (my supervisor) was both professional, and relaxed in his day to day operations management.
Pros
Fair pay, good benefits, steady hours.
Cons
Potentially long hours during big contracts, multiple deadlines
Great place to work !
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2018
Growing company , great to work for! Several new acquisitions, and always looking to expand. Great work environment! Company is growing fast, but still has the family owned feel.
Pros
Many new opportunities for growth
Great company
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 2, 2018
competing salary for the area and all the hours you can work and then some. It was the best place i have ever worked. If i ever move back that way i will re apply
Pros
many
Ok place to work
ENVIRONMENTAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 1, 2018
Ok place to work,but you get burnt out fast. A lot of people stand around and dont do anything and others have to do all the work if you know what I men
Pros
They pay you.
Cons
Insurance is terrible
Casual environment with friendly associates
Field Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I would have loved to have stayed, had there not been a RIF. I enjoyed going to work most days, and I was good at what they had me working on. My time, though it was short, added to my skill set.
Great Team. Growing Company with lots of potential
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 10, 2017
I really enjoy the people I work with at TAS. The Company is growing - the pace of change is rapid but we are definitely moving in the right direction. Benefits are decent. Lots of OT for the field. My customers are great - they appreciate me and I appreciate them.
Pros
Freedom to do my job, Strong Safety and Environmental culture
Cons
On-call often and long hours when responding to emergencies
Pleasant work environment
Administrative Assistant/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
Small office with mostly men employees. Has a fairly laid back atmosphere. Good pay, with benefits. The company has several locations throughout the state.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Company with potential
Branch General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
This company has lots of potential, it employs capable personnel to accomplish all aspects of environmental activities. The senior management tends to micro manage and would benefit by listening to their work force.
Pros
Challenging job, decent benifits
Cons
work to life balance
Good team - plenty of hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 8, 2017
I joined TAS because I was not getting enough hours was I was working. Same industry - but very different experience. I work a lot of hours here - and the team is pretty cool. It is a little tough to plan time off because we work on weekends "on call". But I like the work and it's always different.
Pros
Plenty of hours, interesting work
Cons
Some of the longer term employees complain. I think they are taking their work for granted.
Responding to Emergencies exciting and fun.
Haz-Mat Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  forest Hill, TxMay 21, 2014
Respond to hazardous materials spills such as oil, acid, and mercury, implement clean-up plan.
Supervise and manage emergencies including trucks accidents, tanker truck roll/over/transfers, anhydrous ammonia spills sulfuric acid spills, facility explosions/fires, commercial/industrial incidents and many non-hazardous products/wastes.
Pros
Schedule time off provided a work truck and health insurance
Cons
Keeped up with all equipment
Room for improvement
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthMarch 7, 2015
The leadership has room for potential. The work-home time is astronomical in the wrong direction. Some co workers were great mentors while the upper echelon suffered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAS Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.