TASC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
TASC was a growing company.
Principal Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 20, 2018
TASC was purchased by Engility Corporation. Prior to that, it was a great place to work. We were given the resources needed to perform our jobs with minimal push back.
Always changing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704May 7, 2018
TASC started to bring in lots of other companies before they had perfected a good way to enfold them. This made for a hard work place because you are not only working with your normal clients but also trying to meet the needs of the new ones coming in.
Pros
pay, yearly reviews, coworkers
Cons
work overload
good company
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
Worked there over 10 years. There was plenty of room for advancement with in the agency. I enjoyed the family environment and met many great friends during my tenure.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
not for profit so pay is not great
You get 40 hrs per year to go volunteer
Customer Care Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 3, 2018
I really like working here. The owner is a firm believer in GiveBack and that makes him an awesome individual to me...................................
Pros
Give back
Cons
Management does not treat employees equally/fair
Security
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 1, 2018
It was a great working atmosphere at TASC. Working with the customers on a daily basis and keeping customers/client informed on different situations. I like working with the employees/customers/clients.
Personality beats abilities
Engineer Software IV (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 30, 2018
Management was only happy when bullying employees: public scolding, "Don't look at him!", not taking input about more modern techniques, no sense of teamwork whatsoever.
Again, why?
Warehouse Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2018
This company was bought out by Intuit and it was 18 years ago. So here are my 150 words to fill space so I can move on with my life. There should be options to NOT review.
Undergrad Intern
Research Scientist - Optics Branch (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
this was a great summer research internship for preparation for graduate school. The contractors took time to make sure all aspects of the project were understood and assisted with areas that I was unsure about, while teaching me the proper terms and ways to resolve the issue.
Interested work, unsupportive management
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 15, 2018
Very interesting work. Nice work environment.

Management a little too quick at culling the herd. Efforts a avert foreseeable events are rebuffed my management too busy with other things.
great company
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2018
the company that i work for is not the same company that this site is asking me to review. I'm not sure how to review my current company, but it is a great company to work for.
Fun Place To Work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 4, 2018
Counseling individuals, group counseling, individual counseling, assessments, risk management. I learned that I can only help the people who want to be helped.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Others not wanting the help
A busy and challenging assignment that required your full concentration.
Military Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 28, 2018
It was all business at TASC and I enjoyed the work very much, we were challenged and the work was very interesting. Managers were well qualified and helpful. There was no time to dilly, dally, it was all work and you were challenged to produce. The hardest part of the job was that there was always a lot of work to be accomplished and in a short period of time.
Pros
Always busy and challenged.
Cons
Good salary, poor job security
Assistant Manager of the SYSCON (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 3, 2018
Worked a contract with the U. S. Navy at shipyard in Pascagoula, MS providing expertise on tests of shipboard systems and equipment as a Quality Assurance check of shipyard work.
Pros
Excellent Salary
Cons
Hot, dirty working conditions
Okay
ILS/SLS Instructor- (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Pay is low, they hate giving out hours, there is drama in the company. Never gave raises despite minimum wage rising. The hardest part was what you were expected to do despite you saying you are uncomfortable doing something.
Fast paced enviroment
County Care-Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
I conducted drug and Alcohol assessments on a daily bases, I monitored a case load of over 40 clients on a monthly bases and was able to link clients with services resulting in successful discharge from probation.
Production pressure on client case load
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJanuary 20, 2018
This job was working with addicted clients in the criminal justice system. The case load had grown to 100 clients to see in one month, but would vary between 80-100. Very difficult to see that many clients with the kind of issues this client base was dealing with.

I love the clients, I loved the probation officers I was dealing with, but the corporate management was always pushing for more and more. Very difficult to work under such stressful management.

My daughter had moved to a third world country. Took my vacation to go see her and how, where, and who she was living with. Came home then found she was pregnant. I wanted to take a month off to go be with her as she delivered this child, my granddaughter, my first, and my only child, and I was told NO, even without pay.

I gave a 6 week notice, took my Social Security and went to help her for 3 months.
Pros
Love for the clientele
Cons
Too stressful due to the client load.
bad place to work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 16, 2018
TASC is unorganized, unprofessional, and inconsiderate of their employees. Poor compensation and no raises. Website presents smoke and mirrors. It doesn't do half of what it says it does. It company is a complete joke. The best part of the job are your co-workers. We are like family. Workplace culture is pretty laid back. You're allowed to come and go as you please and make your own schedule. You can take off when you want.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
poor compensation and staff are unappreciated
Fast paced
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Detailed oriented work; fast paced. Daily client interaction with staff probation officers lawyers and sometimes judges. Processing urine samples and daily data entry. Specimens are sent out for confirmation at least twice a week
Pros
Free parking
A caring company.
Full-Time and Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 2, 2018
This job can be very demanding and stressful at times, but the administrative branch does a lot to encourage employees to succeed and advance. Customer service is shown appreciation in many ways for enduring the stress!
Relaxed but productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 28, 2017
TASC seasonal position was great. Very relaxed and slow paced which helped me get comfortable with what I had to do there. It gave me time to really review at all the information I was given to better serve the customers.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Friendly people and customers!
Cons
they did have short break for such a long work day.