TASCA AUTOMOTIVE GROUP Employee Reviews

Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  RIJune 26, 2018
It was a very cutthroat business. 25 salesmen on floor with the top 2 or 3 guys getting all of the leads. They just hire a bunch of people every few weeks to keep most guys from hitting the bonus money.
High energy, Good feeling atmosphere
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAApril 23, 2018
Highly motivating company. Management was generous, caring and respectful of all their employess and customers as well... Fast paced company with just enough of a laid back atmosphere to feel like you are working with family.
Pros
Management and co-workers
Cons
Will never work there again
HR/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 19, 2018
Would never refer anyone to work there. They were very unprofessional. Treated workers poorly.HR would talk about all the owners and the CFO and how unfair he was.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treated poorly
One in a million
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 20, 2018
I have worked in the car industry for a long time and this is the first time I can say I have never had to worry about my pay!! The owner's treat you with respect and lastley they value your option.
Pros
Respected, being listened to, above average compensation
Cons
Having to go home
Busy and Back Stabbing Place to Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 3, 2018
If you can't multitask, with tasks that can change hourly, then don't come work here. The management never has time for an employee. The customers never stop complaining. No one in any other department really wants to help you, even for a simple question. Training was basically non-existent, yet everything has to be perfect. And a raise? Yea... You can forget about that.
High stress and definitely requires ability to juggle tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIJanuary 9, 2018
Management has been rotated multiple times and clearly is bottom of chain in the lineup of all the stores they own. High stress and low salary equals out to the need to push for the sale of a vehicle.
Pros
Sales and service team is close knit
Cons
Short lunches, inadequate pay for hours worked, slow foot traffic, internet is handled by one person who plays favorites
I was there for a year after they took over my company
Service Advisor/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTJanuary 8, 2018
I would of loved to stay as Tasca but they did not know how to manage their company, too many people with the managers cap. They were never in agreement of anything and I believe if they listen to their employees they would of been a great place to work at.
Never a dull moment
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tasca Automotive. I've been in the industry for 29 years and at Tasca I still learned something new everyday. Very flexible company!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement
New generation not living up to Bob Tasca
Former employee (Former Employee) –  RINovember 15, 2017
Current generation is book learn and has no actual hands-on experience. Many managers take advantage of the owners not being involved enough. Witnessed manager stealing from company. Very poor pay for salesperson. They put out cars on front line without safety checking them first not fixing cars before they are sold.
Pros
Cons
Working there
It is fun and challenging.
Warehouse picker and driver (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 27, 2017
Picking and checking for order accuracy. Loading the trucks and driving to deliveries you were on your own. Customer service was key in dealing with delivery and returns
Pros
Delivery was easy
Cons
Compensation and benefits were poor
Don't walk run from Tasca!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 10, 2017
Low ball you on pay. Show and train zero. Business very slow ghost town. Sales people way under paid. One mistake on a car on the used car line with a sale price on it sold for that price and was let go. They are the lowest forms of life in the car industry. Adding all rebates even ones that customers do not qualify for combining for bad add prices real deceitful . To bad had some great employees at the dealership and a well run service and parts but the sales dept run by corporate and there low life business tactics. If you want your benefits to start on time good luck because of two days late put off 3 months for insurance which is the highest price insurance that I have ever seen. Me buying it's self (insurance) was only a 200.00 difference then what they offered. Come on you are paying half. This company blows. To bad the Tasca's were a class run dealership chain maybe the new blood can run them into the crapper!
Pros
Nice building. Sales Manager JJ!
Cons
Everything else.
Not a bad place to work, the future is yet to be seen.
employee (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 30, 2017
Taking my current position here was a step up from my previous management position elsewhere. It was the auto industry, so I was a little nervous at first since it was new to me but this is a very reputable company. So far, so good. Salary plus commission is good here, you have to hustle a little bit but its there. Some positions here are hourly and I hear complaints from those employees more than salaried. Not paid enough, no raises for years, only 1 week paid vacation and no sick time. I don,t know how entirely accurate that is but im sure it is performance based and on an individual basis.
The vacation and sick time do in fact roll over to salaried employees. It is probably the worst I have had in my career. 1 week for 3 yrs then it bumps to 2 weeks... For someone with a family it is pretty ridiculous when you think about it, especially with no sick time. So I take time as needed within reason regardless and there is some schedule felxibility. I am an adult with real responsibilities outside of these walls. I am not held captive to my job nor is my productivity ever in question.

I can't speak for growth as I have not been here long enough to get the itch to move up or around within. But i haven't seen anything happen throughout the company except by default if someone leaves.

Aside from that, there are no real complaints, if you can work independently, be responsible and get your job done properly you will not be bothered. The only stress created is your own. Come in, do your job, go home.
Pros
pay, slightly flexible schedule, nice work environment, good people
Cons
vacation/sick time, very repetitive work, slightly boring at times.
Poor Work Culture
Accounting Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  33 Sharpe DriveApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work consist of the average 9 to 5 where it is monotonous and no room for growth. The managers know very little about their employees and staff. They keep to themselves for the most part and the employees follow along with similar attitude. There is poor encouragement and lack of teamwork with high expectation of how you perform. The hardest part about working at Tasca is this; it creates a staff of unmotivated people who are either overworked, not challenged enough, unappreciated, overlooked, frustrated or just there for the need.

The pro's about working for Tasca is working with the staff who on the contrary to what I described above, do try to work together and do demonstrate concern for each other and the objective of the company. I can say that the owner himself demonstrates a positive attitude for the company and although he was not involved in my department, you could see his general care for the company and it's staff.
Pros
Pay, Schedule
Cons
Empty Promises, not paid enough for what you do.
Parts Specialist/Counterperson (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MAApril 9, 2017
Left a job to go here on the agreement of matching my previous employer's pay rate. Was finally agreed upon to start me at $1/hour less for 30 days to make sure I was a good fit. I was there for 8 months and never saw an increase no matter how much I inquired about it. I also did more work than a parts person was designated to do, thinking it might help me get that money I was promised when I was hired. My first manager was nothing but rude and condescending, even embarrassed me in front of retail customers.. Second Manager was great to work for, and would have gladly stayed working for him if I had the choice.
Pros
Discounted labor rates for repairs, First shift hours
Cons
Management, Work environment
Terrible Job
Parts Picker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 8, 2017
Hmm, what can I really say that's positive about working for Tasca... can't think of much. They pay you minimum wage, you freeze your butt off during the winter and sweat like crazy in the summer, and management doesn't care about anyone and are so happy to bring you into the office to scream at you for the dumbest things. I would not recommend working for Tasca at all, especially in the parts department.
Good Potential earnings, but overall poor management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 31, 2016
Management overall was extremely good in the training phase and after that the sales floor was high pressure to be pushing customers to LEASE instead of purchase a vehicle. A lease could be good , but it's not the beast path for everyone, and you have to determine if a potential customer has a business need or if they're looking for a used vehicle or just what they're situation is and a lease isn't the path for everyone, but the management at Tasca tries to make you do that. Then, in the winter of 2014, there was a 2 month period when we had a pretty compressed snowstorm regularity for a couple of months that had an impact on their retail traffic which caused them to lay off @ a dozen employees of which I was one. So, My impression of the Tasca Automotive Group is not that high.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor managenment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CranstonSeptember 3, 2015
Enjoyed my time there, positive work place. Expect long hours but can be a lucrative career. Tasca's are an incredibly nice and dedicated family. Really endeared me to the organization
An automotive Icon
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Seekonk Ma.March 9, 2015
Working for the Tasca Family has been a real pleasure. The insight and experience they passed on to me is invaluable. Three generations of automotive knowledge combined with their dedication to customer satisfaction and rapid expansion has made them true leaders in the dealership world.
Pros
family owned
Cons
family owned and operated
Business Development Department (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 3, 2015
great staff to work with, To assist and advise customers with automobile repairs including estimate writing, shop management, establishing payments for Fleet related Vehicles with various Fleet Management companies. ADP trained.
Fast paced clean work enviroment
Collision Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 1, 2014
Faced paced clean work enviroment family owned and operated.
Pros
good customer base
Cons
few if any breaks no real benefits.