TaskRabbit Employee Reviews

Flexible Tasks and Hours
Local entrepreneur and independent contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2018
Better variety than your run of the mill Postmates or Uber app. You set your price, hours, location, etc. and I really like that you can work in most major cities.
A real shame
Tasker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
Taskrabbit is such a good idea and could be to hiring people what Amazon is to selling things one day but this company is so poorly managed, so understaffed, so underfunded that it is way worse than Uber. Uber has done a complete re-shuffle of management. Task rabbit is going to implode from the weight of it's own client & taster complaints.
If you hustle, are smart and can get past the frustrations then TR may work out for you. But trust me, this company sucks in every way I see described by other reviewers here.
Pros
you can hustle if you want
Cons
Management are incompetent liars, software is absurdly bad, support literally doesn't exist!
Current Tasker
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
TaskRabbit started out as something I truly enjoyed working for. Down the line, everything changed. They started removing more and more things while giving us less and less as workers. I managed to work hard enough to become an Elite Tasker where this used to mean you got more work, you were considered first for new tasks, had the opportunity to work at HQ, and a dedicated customer support line just for Elite Taskers. My last good month was back in May when I was still pulling in at least $1200 from a repeat client. Once I became Elite, I stopped getting steady clients for a while. I got featured as a Tasker of the week as well but I still couldn't get a client. It appears that since they were bought out IKEA, they have been focusing on the taskers that have building, moving, and shipping the most. It isn't fair to the others like myself who built my career on executive and magerial work. I have complained to customer support countless times. Then they brought in this new Great Value badge which means that people who are charging the minimum wage that Task Rabbit is already suggesting to us, get this badge. While experienced Contractors like myself are not even in the rotation.
Plenty of clients have mentioned that they have hired me because they saw I was Elite and saw that all of my reviews were stellar. This new marketing also hurts the clients because not all lower rate taskers are unqualified but it doesn't mean that you are getting someone who can do the job. Sometimes I am hired after a client had one tasker who couldn't do the job. It reduces the great platform that
  more... TaskRabbit has had built up over the years.
I sincerely wish that whoever is running the company really thinks about the damage their newest campaign is doing to taskers and clients alike.
Pros
Cons
lack of steady clients, more scammy clients than usual, lack of customer support, unfair and irrational business metrics that make no sense at all
Terrible long term place to work for good for a just extra money
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
They don't care about the taskers only the clients. A client didn't pay me and even though I had proof they liked on me I still didn't get paid.i would only suggest you do this for extra money not a source of income.
Great experiences, people and fun.
Handy Man / Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2018
I've been with the company since March of 2018 and I have the flexibility I've always wanted and I look forward to everyday of work. I've learned so much and I see myself doing this for at least another year.
Pros
Plenty of flexibility
Cons
Terrible customer service
Terrible company to work for! They do NOT care for you at all.
Task Rabbit Elite (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2018
I would not recommend to my worst enemy. TR treats you like garbage and has no customer care or service. The do not respect their employees and will throw you under the bus at any time. You are always guilty or anything wrong until proven innocent. They will make judgments on their employees before even talk with them. Never seen anything like it in my 27 years of professional work in the work force.
Pros
Cons
Management, no phone number for support
Fleixbility Galore
Independent Contractor/ Residential Craftsman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
As a Tasker on the app you can tell that this is an extremely well run company. Great support as well as a constantly updating and improving platform on which to work.
Fun and productive job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
Working for Taskrabbit gas been great exoerience work wise and meeting people. The company likes to satisfy their taskers and their clients. Its a great place to work, have fun, and make money
Pros
Set your hours and days
Cons
Take up all problems with customer services
Task Rabbit For Profit is their core
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2018
Task Rabbit won’t put any effort into resolving your bad reviews from clients that you haven’t even worked for... basically if you interacted with a client and you decided you are not comfortable to work in that house you can still get a bad review just because you didn’t work there! Be careful this will ruin your reputation because of few evil people and task Rabbit platform/customer service won’t do nothing about it and you will get the run around but Never real help!
Pros
Own schedule in a way
Cons
Task Rabbit doesn’t have your back in this process... on your own if you run into a nasty person
fun, enjoyable and be your own boss
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  sf bay areaOctober 23, 2017
its great if your willing to go for it. you get out what you put in to it the more your willing to work the more you make its all up to you and for the most part you meet neat people and its never the same thing.
taskrabbit
Tasker/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I loved it. I was also 100 percent the entire time, but it's a job that was a good fit for my personality. I am a people person who needs freedom and the ability to have all that was there. The weird part is there are some bad fits for the people who hire you. I say ask a lot of questions if your task doesn't go well it reflects instantly on your matrix data reports that the customers see.
Pros
self employed
Cons
1/3 is taken out but they also get you work so its not bad
Great for the independent heart.
City Founding Tasker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
Grab a job there if you have a real idea on what you like to work on. It is what you make of it that would determine your success and happiness while working there.
Great opportunity for self-employment
Tasker, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2017
Think Uber, but for almost any task. What makes this stand out is clients can directly hire taskers or submit their tasks for any tasker to pick up (the latter is similar to Uber's actual business structure). It's a great opportunity for self-employees because the tasker sets his/her own schedule, task categories, and compensation rates for each category.
Pros
Great starter business for those just getting out on their own, many task categories available, flexible scheduling and compensation
Cons
Work is not consistent or reliable. Use this as a supplement to something else.
Flexible hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 14, 2017
TaskRabbit is great when you prefer to manage your own hours and days in which you want to work. However you never know who's home you are walking into and at times can feel very unsafe.
Great company
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
There is a lot of freedom and flexibility working with TaskRabbit. You get to set your own hours, your own prices, and your own skill set. I am very grateful for TaskRabbit.
Awesome!
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2016
Very flexible and reliable. Very high demand, there is always a task that needs to be done. You meet awesome clients in different fields and they can also re0hire you which is awesome.
Working with but not employed
Contractor FT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
Its nice to work with them in the summer when there is a lot of jobs, but not when it hits fall. It got really slow plus you have to remind clients that the company uses people helping people. Not professionals. Some clients understand that we are not professional but many think that all of us are professional. so when we go and do a job they expect that we are professional then complain and a bad review on your page tha is the only flaw.
Pros
you can make alot of money when the work is available
Cons
You can lose money when the work demands are droped and bad reviews for clients with high expections
Diverse job experience utilizing many skillsets with some fun clients
Tasker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 24, 2016
Overall I have had a good experience with Taskrabbit. I love the variety of experiences it has given me. I have enjoyed interacting with clients all over the bay area from businesses to right inside peoples homes doing a little life with them, helping them. The clients are the best part of my job there. The struggle is that there are some seriously slow seasons so it has not been a sustainable position for myself. I think its a great job for extra cash for students, persons with disabilities, teachers on breaks, and anyone who would like some extra work on the weekends. The hardest part of the job is the instability of the market for work. My most enjoyable part was just getting to know the great people and businesses I have had the pleasure to get to know in the process of serving them.
Pros
flexibility, diversity of clients
Cons
instability of jobs
Make your own hours get paid what you want to charge.
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2016
A typical day was meeting new people and a lot of learning on the job. The hours are great because it is all up to you, but if you do not work enough you will not make money. I learned a lot I don't think you can match the experience of working freelance work with a place like TaskRabbit. Every job had new challenges with individual pros and cons. Management was great they handled any situation and work with you. The hardest part of the job was not having steady work at times but if you had steady work you had good money.
Fun pace to work, nothing like being around toys all day
Tasker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2016
great job if you have kids. Discount on all store items. The funnest part is being around all the toys all the time. Even if your an adult its still cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TaskRabbit. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about