TaskRabbit Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fun and productive job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
Working for Taskrabbit gas been great exoerience work wise and meeting people. The company likes to satisfy their taskers and their clients. Its a great place to work, have fun, and make money
Pros
Set your hours and days
Cons
Take up all problems with customer services
Task Rabbit For Profit is their core
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2018
Task Rabbit won’t put any effort into resolving your bad reviews from clients that you haven’t even worked for... basically if you interacted with a client and you decided you are not comfortable to work in that house you can still get a bad review just because you didn’t work there! Be careful this will ruin your reputation because of few evil people and task Rabbit platform/customer service won’t do nothing about it and you will get the run around but Never real help!
Pros
Own schedule in a way
Cons
Task Rabbit doesn’t have your back in this process... on your own if you run into a nasty person
fun, enjoyable and be your own boss
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  sf bay areaOctober 23, 2017
its great if your willing to go for it. you get out what you put in to it the more your willing to work the more you make its all up to you and for the most part you meet neat people and its never the same thing.
taskrabbit
Tasker/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I loved it. I was also 100 percent the entire time, but it's a job that was a good fit for my personality. I am a people person who needs freedom and the ability to have all that was there. The weird part is there are some bad fits for the people who hire you. I say ask a lot of questions if your task doesn't go well it reflects instantly on your matrix data reports that the customers see.
Pros
self employed
Cons
1/3 is taken out but they also get you work so its not bad
Great for the independent heart.
City Founding Tasker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
Grab a job there if you have a real idea on what you like to work on. It is what you make of it that would determine your success and happiness while working there.
Great opportunity for self-employment
Tasker, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2017
Think Uber, but for almost any task. What makes this stand out is clients can directly hire taskers or submit their tasks for any tasker to pick up (the latter is similar to Uber's actual business structure). It's a great opportunity for self-employees because the tasker sets his/her own schedule, task categories, and compensation rates for each category.
Pros
Great starter business for those just getting out on their own, many task categories available, flexible scheduling and compensation
Cons
Work is not consistent or reliable. Use this as a supplement to something else.
Flexible hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 14, 2017
TaskRabbit is great when you prefer to manage your own hours and days in which you want to work. However you never know who's home you are walking into and at times can feel very unsafe.
Great company
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
There is a lot of freedom and flexibility working with TaskRabbit. You get to set your own hours, your own prices, and your own skill set. I am very grateful for TaskRabbit.
Awesome!
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2016
Very flexible and reliable. Very high demand, there is always a task that needs to be done. You meet awesome clients in different fields and they can also re0hire you which is awesome.
Working with but not employed
Contractor FT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
Its nice to work with them in the summer when there is a lot of jobs, but not when it hits fall. It got really slow plus you have to remind clients that the company uses people helping people. Not professionals. Some clients understand that we are not professional but many think that all of us are professional. so when we go and do a job they expect that we are professional then complain and a bad review on your page tha is the only flaw.
Pros
you can make alot of money when the work is available
Cons
You can lose money when the work demands are droped and bad reviews for clients with high expections
Diverse job experience utilizing many skillsets with some fun clients
Tasker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 24, 2016
Overall I have had a good experience with Taskrabbit. I love the variety of experiences it has given me. I have enjoyed interacting with clients all over the bay area from businesses to right inside peoples homes doing a little life with them, helping them. The clients are the best part of my job there. The struggle is that there are some seriously slow seasons so it has not been a sustainable position for myself. I think its a great job for extra cash for students, persons with disabilities, teachers on breaks, and anyone who would like some extra work on the weekends. The hardest part of the job is the instability of the market for work. My most enjoyable part was just getting to know the great people and businesses I have had the pleasure to get to know in the process of serving them.
Pros
flexibility, diversity of clients
Cons
instability of jobs
Make your own hours get paid what you want to charge.
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2016
A typical day was meeting new people and a lot of learning on the job. The hours are great because it is all up to you, but if you do not work enough you will not make money. I learned a lot I don't think you can match the experience of working freelance work with a place like TaskRabbit. Every job had new challenges with individual pros and cons. Management was great they handled any situation and work with you. The hardest part of the job was not having steady work at times but if you had steady work you had good money.
Fun pace to work, nothing like being around toys all day
Tasker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2016
great job if you have kids. Discount on all store items. The funnest part is being around all the toys all the time. Even if your an adult its still cool.
Change my life
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
New age working. Its amazing. I thought I was stuck doing home care for ever. It really is a wonderful job. It so great to work with so many different people and going different places My clients enjoy my works as much as I love to provide them with service.
Keep Taskers as 'independent contractors' so they have no protections
Tasker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2015
TaskRabbit is yet another labor app such as Uber or Lyft which takes advantage of all of the available loopholes in the labor laws in order to maximize their own profits while doing nothing to protect or support their workers.
Pros
Flexible schedules, independent work environment.
Cons
No job security, no support
Great Job which fits well into life in the real world.
Taskrunner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
So many interesting tasks to work on as a Taskrunner. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow in your craft. Every Taskrunner you work with is extremely passionate. Awesome executive team who is very open and transparent. Amazing perks and benefits, lots of fun events, TaskRabbit really makes sure that you're happy to be there.
Pros
Easy to use App, Directly deposited pay on a 3-5 day waiting period, Background Checks and insurance for freelancers, Genius idea really.
Cons
Lots of pressure due to increasing competition.
Always meeting new people with the possibility of networking to others.
TaskRabbit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Challenging but most certainly rewarding.I love helping other people, costumer service has been a great part of my life. I love meeting new and interesting people.

I like working on projects that can make me think outside the box and not the usual routine. Problem solving on small as well as big issues at hand are part of this job and that is what makes it interesting everyday.
Pros
able to set my own schedule
Cons
non-paid holidays.
Helping others
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  NYCOctober 24, 2013
I love to help others while on the Job and taskrabbit has been the best experience doing so completing thier task.