TaskRabbit

TaskRabbit Employee Reviews for Tasker

Task rabbit is a fast paced compettitve online service designed to help the general public with tasks they otherwise wouldnt do themselves. the rates are self applied and deducted at end of each job.
. Rates are low compared to other handyman jobs. You can raise your rate, but you won't get many jobs. Software makes errors. Everything affects your metrics. Company won't remove these errors that kill your metrics. Takes a day for them to respond to any email. They don't like it if you live chat them.If you can't or don't want to do a job it affects your metrics. Customers frequently mis-categorize jobs. ex: faucet replacement (plumbing) put into household repairs which pays less.Some customers don't realize how long some jobs take.ex: customer canceled without a word because I told her it would take all day instead of the 2-3 hours she thought.This is only part. I could write a book.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Everything else
Task are sent by an app that people requested for work to be completed. Tasks can vary based on your capabilities.Tools are subject to what the tasker owns to be ale to do the work.
Pros
Flexibility
I paid for a background check and was told it was nothing available in my area!!!That’s it! Why didn’t they check the availability before my payment!?
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
It's okay for extra income. Customer support is hard to reach at times and it's difficult to resolve issues with certain tasks. Also, metrics can change with no apparent reason. I don't recommend it for full time work because it's inconsistent.
I've loved using task rabbit as a great platform to perform my skills around the community. You create your own schedule and if you do a great job it opens many doors. You meet some pretty great people.
TaskRabbit doesn’t care about its Taskers at all. It is impossible to get any kind of help or resolution of issues at all. Being an elite Tasker means nothing at all anymore. Impossible to speak with anyone at the company and text or email is hopeless and actually works against the Taskers. If they don’t like your questions they simply won’t answer them and they are more than happy to hang you out to dry. Do not work for this company you will end up doing tasks for less than minimum wage and if you have any problems you are on your own. They do not follow their own rules and guidelines when it comes to certain tasks and often put you in a position that will require multiple visits at your own cost and also in scheduling conflicts even though they know your schedule. I imagine turnover at this company must be very high given how they treat people and their head office staff don’t understand what it is Taskers do and are rude and hostile to deal with. Run don’t walk away from this company.
Don't work with nor for Taskrabbit. Very unjust with their decisions. Take long to handle situations. They don't look out for taskers. Taskrabbit doesn't have taskers best interest at heart
If I could give zero star I would, I am shamed as a tasker. I had been a tasker for 6 month. I used to do several two tasker work.as a second tasker I have not got payment information and history. I had contacted customer support team for two month. They could not provide payment deposit record. My missing payment at least $400 they do not care. There are always payment problems During I worked for TaskRabbit .I do not work for TaskRabbit anymore. Quote their answer from email “I apologize for the inconvenience, however we cannot provide any further proof of disbursement. For your safety and security, we do not store this information and cannot access it. I recommend you talk to your bank if you have any further questions regarding the receipt of this payment, as I have provided all the available information showing when we disbursed this payment.” Ridiculous reason
If you perfer to talk to a robot this is the company for you. Even when speaking with real people they give the same prompts. The app clearly states my payments have been disbursed I have no paymnets or answers.Customer service keeps telling me wait 2 days... and to wait 24 hours. If I am expected to perform at my higest level while representing this company... i expect the same.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Not being paid in the time promised, not receiving security, lack of support regarding payment issues, Lack of concern for taskers, Treated as disposable
This company is a scam - taking background check fees from potential employees and never setting up app properly to get tasks. I tried several times to talk to a person. Never happened.
They took my $25 registration fee and never resolved a set-up issue. I attempted for over a week to get someone there to help me. All I ever received from them were canned email responses. Stay away.
It’s all good until there’s an issue. At that point you can expect to receive no help or communication from them. Don’t make them your primary form of income because if anything happens, you’ll be in a bind waiting on them to fix the issue (if they ever do).
The concept of technology connecting clients and an average person with advanced skills is genius. But genius can also fail. This genius is known as TaskRabbit. As a Tasker, you pay a $20 background check fee (other technology companies offering gig economy work normally do not charge this fee) to get onto the platform. Once hired, you step into a world of independent contracting work and skies the limit. Set up your sales pitches, draw the map of the area you choose to work, determine your hourly rates, enter the daily/weekly schedule, and voila!! You're ready to start tasking. Most of the clients who hire you are under the impression that your services are an inexpensive alternative offered by a firm or corporation for the same type of work. No matter how smart, intuitive, or business savvy you may be, the work you perform is not enough to sustain a working relationship. The work is transaction based which is how TaskRabbit prefers it. They expect the client to magically return to the site and re-hire you. As a tasker, more often than not you receive ridiculous requests that are poorly written which flags for a bad experience with a client. The person on the other end may have the best intentions but the work to be done is vaguely described or simply not well explained. I discovered this regularly occurring after completing 10 tasks. There are two major issues with TaskRabbit leaving the Tasker out in the cold. First, you're given a set of metrics to adhere by in order to reach Elite Status (essentially trying to get you to earn more which means they earn more). - more...
Pros
Set your own hours and refuse work without backlash
Cons
App designed for taskers is terrible, no support
I have been a handyman/remodeler of over 25 years and easily supported my family in a nice middleclass area. In other words, I know how to treat customers right and work hard to meet their expectations and get paid fairly for it. I got to Elite status in mounting and almost Elite in furniture assembly, and had 100% satisfaction rating... BUT, Everything starts out fine then goes downhill. Rates are low compared to other handyman jobs. You can raise your rate, but you won't get many jobs. Software makes errors. Everything affects your metrics. Company won't remove these errors that kill your metrics. Takes a day for them to respond to any email. They don't like it if you live chat them. If you can't or don't want to do a job it affects your metrics. Customers frequently mis-categorize jobs. ex: faucet replacement (plumbing) put into household repairs which pays less. Some customers don't realize how long some jobs take. ex: customer canceled without a word because I told her it would take all day instead of the 2-3 hours she thought. This is only part. I could write a book.
Pros
ok for short term -part time for extra money
Cons
Not for full timers, Low rates compared to other handyman jobs, Poor software, Everything affects your metrics
Find something more reliable and dependable. Their system is terrible for the Tasker. No security and no consideration for the individual Tasker. Task Rabbit has too much control over your ability to get work and how much you’re paid and what is considered reasonable for pay.
Good way to make some money on the side, you control your schedule and rates, so you can work as much or as little as you want to. Good for people going to school.
Pros
Make your own hours, rates
Cons
Have to be good at self management
I was a Tasker to subsidize income. It was great! You take all of your talents, put a price on it and sell yourself! I'm thinking about signing up again.
Pros
Your hours, your rates
Taskrabbit is such a good idea and could be to hiring people what Amazon is to selling things one day but this company is so poorly managed, so understaffed, so underfunded that it is way worse than Uber. Uber has done a complete re-shuffle of management. Task rabbit is going to implode from the weight of it's own client & taster complaints. If you hustle, are smart and can get past the frustrations then TR may work out for you. But trust me, this company sucks in every way I see described by other reviewers here.
Pros
you can hustle if you want
Cons
Management are incompetent liars, software is absurdly bad, support literally doesn't exist!
TaskRabbit is a great place to work for those with extra free time, needing extra income, or between jobs. It is an app-based service, whereby you provide help for those in need who don't have enough time in their day to complete all the necessary "tasks." You set your own rate and hours and work at your own leisure at skills that you have and can help others with.
Pros
Set your own hours; set your own rates. Only doing work that you are comfortable and familiar with.
Cons
No health benefits. Work is based on others' hiring you.
Taskrabbit allows me to work when I want. Period. There are enough jobs out there where I can choose to make over a thousand dollars in a week and not feel over worked. Days off, mornings in, I have complete autonomy. No day is the same.