Taste of Belgium Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive, fun work environment, regardless of the stress of a busy kitchen
Cook/Barista (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2018
The first thing that's required for me as a cook walking into the kitchen each day is to check my station, make sure everything I need is there. Anything missing is immediately prepped, so I can have an easy going shift with no long ticket times. I've learned how to work more efficiently in a timely manner. There's never a second to be wasted in the kitchen, always something that can be prepped or cleaned. The most enjoyable part of my job is presenting beautiful crepes and coffee beverages. I love when I see customers enjoy my creations.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough pay, always understaffed
Productive workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
It's a great place to work. A nice friendly relaxed environment for the most part. As long as you come in and get your work done things will go smoothly.
productive, consistent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2018
Prep wet mix for waffle batter, prep dry mix for waffle batter, measure out sugar and flour for waffle batter, make waffle dough, cut waffle dough, put dough in containers, put containers in walk-in fridge.

Prep chicken, snails, cuscuse,
Fry chicken
Grill chicken, steak
Make pretzels
Pros
free meals and drinks
Cons
lack communication
fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Fun and convenient for students like me that needed a job to pair with school. downside is that during slow season the shifts are as many as 1 per week which is not a enough to make a living.
Fun place to work
Crew Member/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Just need something where I can grow as an employee and team member more pay and hours. Better management. Great team members to work with. Just not the job I see in my future
Great environment, but Feast or famine with tips
Server, Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2017
I love working here. I enjoy my managers and my coworkers. The guests are usually pretty awesome. Its a fairly laid back environment.

But being a restaurant, you'll have good days and bad days. And it seems that at the Banks location of TOB is extreme when it comes to what kind of day it will be. Especially with money, it is feast or famine, and a lot of times there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have made $125 on a Tuesday evening, and that same Friday night made only $20. And with having to pay for parking and gas on my commute down to work, the famine days are that much thinner.
Great place to work part time
Waiter, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
I love working at The Taste of Belgium because it is a successful, locally owned operation with a strong commitment to serving its customers fresh, amazing food. My only gripe is that you could work 5 days a week there and only work a little over 20 hours. The shifts are short and few are given out.
Pros
Management, Pay, Relaxed atmosphere, amazing customers, half off food
Cons
Lack of hours, bad management not fired
It was ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Well there isn't much to tell, wen you're a dishwasher. I stay in the back and listen to the radio and put the dishes up and stock up the pots and pans. Besides the co workers, they were cool. Customers seems to really like the food here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Tob
Accountant/ Controller (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2016
Great place to work and for a quickly up and coming Cincinnati brand. Like any business it has its ups and downs but it is a great company overall.
Fast Growing Fun Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2015
This company is in an aggressive growth phase with opportunities for advancement.
High energy!!
The owner is very involved. He cares about your professional and personal life.
Lots of perks around getting to know local businesses.
Pros
Growth
Great team to work with.
Event Supervisor/ Lead Food Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2015
A very urban place.The best part of this job is working with all my colleagues and getting to interact with new people everyday.
This is a growing company with much opportunity for internal growth and promontion
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2015
This company has a unique and driven culture. If you are interested in a fast paced varied workday with constant opportunity to grow and be challenged this could be a good fit.