Tata Chemicals

Working at Tata Chemicals: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

TATA Chemicals has a long history and future in the Soda Ash industry

The best part of a typical day at Tata is that there isn’t one. You could be doing completely different jobs from one minute to the next. All kinds of weather and environments.

Self Centered Leadership

They suffer from self centered leaders who's main interests are maximizing their pay and power. The company, including the overseas leaders, are unethical and dishonest. This is not a place where one feels valued, respected or heard.

Tata Chemicals insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Little positive to say except that compensation is competitive.

Upper management is not respected or trusted, for good reason. Employees are not treated with respect. Company seems to be regarded only as a cash-cow. Yes-men are the only ones who do well.

Nice Work place

very good team and management , flexible working hours, good compensation , nice working environment, very good location enjoyed my time here, would recommend

Interesting

Tata Chemicals North America management changed various times. The management was not consistent enough to form a lasting opinion. Throughout the years TCNA did set our work expectations accordingly.

Pros

Free Coffee

The crews seem to be tight and willing to work together in order to get jobs complete. Each section has its own responsibility and are able to keep productions moving smoothly.

Overall, a great place to work

Tata Cemicals is an excellent company with a great team. Several management changes in the US make it somewhat unorganized and unstable. I believe the proper team is now in place to get them moving in the right direction again.

Pros

Excellent Benefit Package

Cons

Domestic chemical division management turnover

Lacks leadership, no ambition, and don't promote within

Great pay, time off. Constant criticism from hourly operations when you try to be a good hand. Leadership doesn't stand up to the union. Union wants to always screw the company. Constant head butting. If you're looking for a job that you can be relaxed, do the bare minimum and get your check and go home, it's for you. If you're ambitious, hard working, and want to make a difference it's a battle.

Pros

Weekly pay, built in overtime, only work half the month

Cons

Rotate from days to graveyards. Constant complaining.

Good people to work with

Good benefits , good employees, relaxed atmosphere , I’ve bee working with this company for forty years, they have always treated me with the respect I deserve, good training in college, all paid by the company

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Management not very good

Laborer

I showed up to work, had safety meetings, and then the boss would send us to different locations around the job site. We had two breaks and a lunch break. We learned what it was like to work at a mine and the daily tasks they have to do everyday. The hardest part of the job was keeping yourself clean. If the soda ash was on your skin for a long period of time it would eat at your skin creating a burn. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the work you did and what you accomplished.

Pros

paychecks, new experiences

Cons

soda ash burns

Great Work Enviroment

Tata Chemicals is a great place to work with a very competitive pay scale. There are very many jobs to help a person find their niche. The company promotes safety, and works to help train the employees to be safe and work safe in all that they do.

Pros

Great People, Good jobs, Great pay, Good Benefits, many different areas to work and grow

Cons

Remote location

Exciting Industry

Tata provides a career in the exciting industry of soda ash production. Reasonable production goals are set and the team works together to meet the goals.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Long drive to work

Challenging place to work, but interesting projects

Good place to work, but challenging to work in a Union environment. Left alone to complete my projects with minimum interference from management. A typical day starts at 7 am am and ends around 4:00 pm. What is really great is that after turnarounds and working weekends, I can take Comp days and not have to take vacation days.

Pros

Allowed to try different ideas to increase production

Cons

Union Environment

No two days are the same

Great experience in a wide variety of chemical manufacturing fields from crystallizers to heat exchangers to dryers and calciners. Everyday brings different experiences.

Solid company, decent pay

Solid company to work for: decent pay, goal-oriented. Requires hard work, innovative mentality, ability to work in a union environment.

Amazing place

This company is an amazing place for work life balance. The perks of veing a TATA employee is unlimited discounts. Also they compensate very well

Great company bad manager

I loved this job, if the manager actually cared about making the place any better I would still be there. Great people to work with even when is seemed like the place was falling down around us.

Great Small Company with Family atmosphere

I was the go-to person for a lot of different things. I was always willing to go the extra mile and help out where needed and take on new tasks as well as my own. I learned several different and well used computer programs that a lot of companies use today. Management was great. We had monthly meetings to let us know how the company was fairing. My co-workers were more like family. We were all very close. Being laid off suddenly. The commute.

Pros

Family Atmosphere

Cons

Being laid off

Growing pains

I've learned how to order parts, write work orders and complete work orders using the SAP system. The most difficult part of the job is trying to actually receive the parts ordered due to using outdated equipment.

Pros

Experienced maintenance team

Cons

Outdated equipment, lack of parts to maintain

Good people, not so good of pay

The people in management are easy to get along with, and seem to have a very diverse make up, but the pay isn't so great on the company side.

Pros

The staff, benefits

Cons

the raise or bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Chemicals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.3
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
1.2Career Opportunities
1.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight