Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

32.9K
Found 1,772 reviews matching the search See all 13,433 reviews
Great company
IT Manager / Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2018
A great company for the starting the career. Very good exposure as well as you can see a range of clients which can give you a very good exposure for your career.
It’s excellent
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2018
I am working in TCS from last 7yrs and it’s good company and employees friendly company. Working culture and policies are good. Learned many things in TCS.
Work Life Balance is Nil
consultant (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar FLJuly 11, 2018
I worked 3 years at an onsite location in the USA. People are treated there like slaves, and are abused to meet customer deadlines. In the name of following Agile and Scrum, the client keeps changing all requirements and our company management does not have spine to challenge them or ask for more time to deliver what is needed.

The management always supports the client, even if they are wrong.

Management just wants to get the work done, do not bother about how.

Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies. Since this is a consulting company, the technology we work on keeps changing.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Nil Work Life balance, Frequent scope changes leading to slippage
Good for carrier start
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJJuly 8, 2018
Good for carrier start but do not expect more hikes.
Work life balance is not good, trainings are provided but not up to the mark. No motivation as such,
Racist culture
Engagement Director- Enterprise Solutions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
No advancement opportunities. Racist culture to non-Indians. Very poor management. Way too many silo’d organizations. No published organizational charts made it difficult to navigate the organization.
Pros
Very little accountability
Cons
Poor communication from management.
A regular work place
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
The work culture is not as per industry standard and is very poor. Apart from Job Security and Stability, this company does not have much to offer. Make a informed decision.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Pay, Work Life balance
Tcs
Oracle Cloud HCM Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2018
Good company for beginners but not so helping once you start to grow up the ladder and are looking for a higher position.

Needs some more quality at the middle management
A global Technology Leader
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 3, 2018
TCS has adapted itself faster than its peers. It is a great place to work. However being a very large organization of over 375,000 associates from 131 nationalities, sometimes people can get stuck in their comfort zones
Lots of flexibility
Managing Partner Tech Sales & Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
loved the remote work option and great teams, lots of exciting opportunities to travel, grow, and learn. worked with amazing leaders and inspiring clients.
It was okay..
Technical Architect, Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2018
TCS is a huge company and I was very busy with one project/client so I have a limited perspective.Overall TCS was fair and reasonable with me - everything was straight forward and they allowed me to focus on my projects.
Poor management, you are tracked daily on how many hours you work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2018
Incompetence is the norm, they track every thing you do and penalize you if you choose the wrong options for tracking. Morale is low and people are quitting left and right.
Pros
health insurance, clean office
Cons
low pay, incompetent supevisor
Challenging and creative
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
Working in TCS is like you have to be multi tasking you can be put to work on any subject, which might be completly new to you this encourages a lot of self learning and adds to your capabilities. TCS being a service based company, time discipline is always a must, on time delivery with good quality delivery is the utmost goal. There are a lot challenges while working on a service based company and it puts one through rigorous work and brings in ,ultiple qualities on oneself.
Too Big
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 27, 2018
TCS was a HUGE company and it was very easy to feel lost in the sea of processes, paperwork, and custom applications. I worked there for ~3 years, and in all that time I never truly knew who I reported to, it seemed like each week I got an email from a different individual telling me I had to do this training, or that training, etc.. and it was never my manager, just some person who was tasked with that responsibility.
The tools/technology which TCS employees internal is a JOKE. They have created so many custom tools and options that unless you know exactly where you need to look you end up missing what you are looking for.
The Internal communications systems (email, chat) is something which was purchased back in the early 2000's, and is nearly unusable.
I can honestly say, I felt more like an employee of the client than of TCS because I interacted more with individuals from the client (both on my team, and random teams) than I did with anyone from my company,
Pros
GREAT benefits (health, 401k, etc..)
Cons
Tools, technology, internal workflows/policies
Did not have good experience - Really bad managers
Auto Pilot, Route Manager, STARS and VMI (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 26, 2018
Again it depends on the manager you get, but out of three projects encountered poor management in two of them. Unfortunately I encountered managers with bad communication skills, technical skills and overall attitude.
Do not travel with TaTa
SAP Project Manager/SD Lead, Arthrex (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 25, 2018
As an organization, they are lax in reimbursements and behind the times with travel and expense programs. Everything must route through India which creates tremendous bottlenecks in business processes.
Workplace culture
Assistant System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2018
TCS is the number-1 employer in India for growth and career perspective. Learned a lot in TCS. Management is excellent and work culture in TCS is superb.
Pros
Career growth is good.
Cons
NO green card facility.
Planning, monitoring and coordinating testing activities across sprint duration, test strategy formulation and execution, setting up test data condi
Business Analyst - Digital Testing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2018
• Leading sprint test planning, charting testing resources’ capacity, valuating user story points and supporting testing activities

• Ensuring that testing resources adhere to sprint timelines, coordinating accesses to testing tools and test environments.
Test Data Management-Developer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 18, 2018
Variety of streams to work
Good opportunity to learn new technology
Job security
Management Politics
Work life balance is less in onsite
productive Job
Good Benefits
something is rotten in Denmark
another consultant (Former Employee) –  usaJune 18, 2018
The culture is very old fashioned and fear-based. very cut-throat and devious ios how I would describe it and no conscience about it what soever as if this is normal. Their hiring and employement practices are very shady in my opinion and I can't believe what I've seen during my time here. well for some, I guess this is fine. for others, it reminds you that Life is Just Too Short to work at TCS or anywhere like it. From this perspective, a great learning experience I suppose. If you are highly skilled, ethical, and care about your reputation at all I would not come here because they will surely ruin it.
Pros
high turnover so no need to remember names
Cons
high turnover so no chance to build relationships and teamwork
Good place to work if you have a good manager
Assistant Consultant (Former Employee) –  India, US, UKJune 18, 2018
In TCS, it all depends on the manager under whom you are working. I worked in TCS for 7 years, and it was a mix experience. I had worked with the Best and worst management in TCS. The problematic part of TCS is the middle management. Most of the people are not suitable to be managers but are forced to become managers because there number of years of experience is increasing.

So all the experience you will have in TCS depends on your manager/your team/yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

50out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).

Powered by Comparably