Tata Technologies Employee Reviews

Poor executive leadership
PLM Solutions (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 31, 2018
Tata Technologies struggles with effective executive leadership. Actions are knee-jerk and not well thought out. There is a lack of trust of employees and middle management. Pay and benefits are poor given the strong US economy.
Pros
Employees
Cons
salary, benefits, executive leadership
Great Company
SENIOR ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 29, 2018
Would like to work with them again in the future !. Good working atmosphere and on the ball management. Benefits were good. Co workers acted as a team.
Pros
Pretty much everything...
Cons
TaTa’s moving to Detroit!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 26, 2018
Not the best place if you’re looking to advance. A very complacent environment that will claim to be open to change. No ATS, HRIS and each procedure leaves with the predecessor. Either very low KPI goals, or totally unrealistic 100% accuracy KPI’s. Proactive employees looking to improve and streamline processes are met with resistance from headquarters and India as well as additional busy work. Very manual processes, most of the day is filled doing administrative work versus value added tasks. Technology is slow and subpar due to budget restraints from India. Based on who you are your promotion may come with a delayed pay increase to prove you can do the job. There is a well known hierarchy between Indian and American workers that fosters a negative environment. When negative behavior is called out it is enabled by their immigration status and English being their second language. A company is only as good as the worst behavior it accepts. A position here is beneficial for a retiree looking for mundane work, or a person nearing retirement that doesn’t look to rock the boat to create change. The company as a whole is ok with just maintaining. Lots of room for improvement if you can get India’s approval. Hopefully the move to Detriot will shake things up a bit.
Pros
Some nice people, room for improvement
Cons
Benefits, pay, complacent
The management is changing often
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 15, 2018
A little bit of chaos regarding the responsibilities inside the company but people are trying to do their jobs as best as they can with what they have.
I chose not to leave any remarks at this time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 18, 2018
In 1972, the A-Team was sent on a covert mission to rob the Bank of Hanoi of gold bullion, with the intent of helping to end the Vietnam War. They succeeded, only to find that their commanding officer had been murdered in a traitorous double-cross and his headquarters burned to the ground. Unable to prove that they were acting under orders, they were sent to a maximum security stockade.
Good job with little mobility in NJ area
IT Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 19, 2018
Overall I would say working at TaTa Technologies was a good experience. Being that there are few companies utilizing TTL, there is little mobility or growth opportunities within the company.
Last resort
CAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Michigan and OhioMarch 5, 2018
There were no benefits and the pay was low. They cut the rate and stopped all overtime. There was no chance of career advancement. As soon as people get their Green Card, they all leave, myself included.
Decent place to work, but no raises ever given.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 4, 2018
It's an alright place to work, but no raises EVER given. No one seems to have any accountability. All management is bad. Management always changing direction.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No raises
It is good company to work.
Solution Developer (Former Employee) –  Dharwad, Karnataka, IndiaJanuary 28, 2018
It is good company to work. Though your perspective about the company may vary upon your job location and the projects you are working on. I am eternally in debt to TTL for giving me my first pay check.
far from good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2018
worst ever to work....no help from managers, over worked and always talked down over worked under paid, never go back to such a sick place ever again, totally blame for poor desc ions by managers
Pros
Cons
better than collecting pop bottles
Population
Sr. Body Designer (Current Employee) –  FCA , CTC , Auburn HillsDecember 5, 2017
My ideal work environment would be free from chaos , not found in an open bay layout such as the FCA studios. My co workers were outstanding and helpful in every way.
Pros
excellent work staff
tata work
Senior Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 30, 2017
I work at tata for 9 months
was told it was going to be a 2 year program.
interesting 9 months vs 2 years
I guess someone was mis informed.

work place , people and manger treated me good.
but, if u are a designer, you should know trade is up and down.
Pros
good bennies
Cons
lack of work
This place is a sick joke; AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 22, 2017
The sales team here is highly incompetent and lackluster at best. If you are a designer dependent on these people to keep you working forget it. These people lay you off as soon as work dries up and then they call you a few months later wanting you to come back to them for short projects. I went to their staffing recruiters to help me find work and they screwed me around, sent me on interviews and then never got hired. I was told I wasn't good enough for the companies the staffing side worked with but I was good enough to work for Tata? What gives with them? The benefits are fine and I was treated well by my managers when I worked directly for Tata but their staffing group was worthless. They lie to people and I didn't believe it until I spoke to other designers I'm friends with who worked with them as well; they would be told their great fits for jobs but never hear back or go on interviews and waste their time. I had the displeasure of seeing their sales team in action and they seemed like all they can do was walk around the office and take lunches. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Pros
Working directly for them it's okay.
Cons
They lie, you can't trust a word management says, except maybe your immediate manager
Not a bad firm to work for
Project Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 3, 2017
Overall, it was not a bad firm to work for. Personally, I had very limited contact with my managment team. I never met them in person, however had written communication back and fourth quite often.
Sales needs to get out of the Office!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 14, 2017
Pay is low...commission plan is a joke. Sales keeps recycling the same clients afraid to leave the office and their comfort zone. Recruiting Mgr. spends all day on Metrics and trying to keep the peace! No new in-house projects in view...slow dying on the vine!
Pros
Its a job!
Cons
If you can't find anything and are desperate for work its a good temp stop.
Company executives incompetent
Program Manager-Drink Dispenser Project (Current Employee) –  Troy, MichiganSeptember 9, 2017
Foreign management seriously incompetent and unable to work in an American environment. My direct management is excellent. Executives in the company are the problem.
Life Work Balance
Sr. Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2017
Poor management
No value for technical Knowledge
Lack of business sense in higher management
Few noncompetitive people are entertained and given opportunities always.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Challenging work environment
Sr. Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 13, 2017
I was hired to learn the SAP billing processes for a company Tata acquired and bring it back to Michigan. I loved the work I did which was challenging and involved working with project managers, time cards, and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
I loved the Project Managers and field administrators I worked with
Cons
The training was minimal and inconsistent. The promises made for advancement were not kept.
every day was different
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 11, 2017
Planned outlook meetings, reviewed calendars. Scheduled a lot of travel. Learned to embrace multicultural backgrounds. Hardest part - keeping in touch with management while they traveled. Mornings were the best part of the day because you had the opportunity to interact with colleagues in various parts of the world.
Pros
worked independantly
Cons
There were times when management guidance could have been a time saver
Very Productive workplace. Better opportunities
Solution Architect Onsite co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
Very Productive workplace i have worked. I have worked 6+ years in this company and got to work on different projects. Got to learn new things. Very good company to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Tata Technologies Reviews by Location