Tavern Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Make as much money as you're willing to work for. Support is there, but its one you. Days off are pretty easy to come by. Management does have favorites, but turn over rate is high so it's hard not to.
Fun Baseball oriented Bar
Server (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2018
Fun fast paced serving job during baseball season. Gets VERY slow outside of the season. Very good management that is good at working with your schedule.
Positive experience in high volume venue.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 2, 2017
With the change from corporate management to FOH management there came some very positive experiences. These are lessons that I would not have learned otherwise. For example, where as before my primary focus was big picture safety for guests and staff alike, now it is guest measurement while building the restaurants culture of food and fun.
The training that was held by THG was amazing and a standard on what I think all managers everywhere should have to do. 4 weeks back of house, and 4 weeks front of house being trained up in all positions. This made THG management invaluable assets to the process of day to day functions allowing for seamless integration on various stations to accomplish the best guest experience possible.
Pros
Family oriented guest atmosphere, great food, competitively priced drinks.
Cons
Poor upper management communication and reaction to situations.
Popular place downtown, get to meet many people
Security (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2017
Fun environment and much opportunity to meet new people. Have to take care of guests, arrange the building for events, and remove people creating problems.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Awesome Experience, Amazing Restaurant Group
Front of House Manager/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Expect the unexpected! There is no such thing as typical in the heart of Manhattan, I learned to be prepared to go from 0 to 60 at the drop of a hat.
The bulk of my upper management skills were acquired with this company. Inventory, Payroll, P&L, and Operations Management are the skills I am most proud, as well as grateful, to have acquired here. The supporting management staff were a tight knit team, very helpful and flexible. Despite stepping up to operations management, the hardest part of governing the two establishments was keeping up on the beer inventory, due to the erratic tide of business. What I enjoyed most about working for the group is the knowledge I gained, and the affirmation of having been deemed worthy of being moved up quickly.
Pros
Consecutive Days Off
Cons
High Management Turnover
My experience...
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver CoFebruary 8, 2015
I am part of and awesome team that strives every day to make our working world better. The job is challenging, ever changing, and there is never a dull moment. I learned how to function in a high volume, high energy environment that keeps us all on our toes.
Fun place to work, busy and lively
Hostess and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2015
Working at The Tavern was a great experience. The facilities are great - plenty of space, well organized, very clean, and a fun dinner/bar environment. Adapts well for a large variety of events. The people are great, occasionally complain too much and bring down team morale. The management is strong, consistent, and treats their employees well. This job is a blast because of the crowd it draws - you're always on your toes, whether it be family meals, a sports bar crowd, big birthday parties, bachelorette parties, and regulars. Meeting all kinds of different people makes this job rewarding and the employees are fun to work with.
A lot of turnover and clueless management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2013
I really feel as though I was part of a family while working at Tavern Hospitality Group, if you don't count Management. The "tone at the top" inspires Management to "throw people under the bus" and fight for their own survival.
Pros
hourly employees become a family
Cons
management & ownership
Fun Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2012
Owners are fantastic, Rock and Roll environment. Friendly co-workers. Fast-paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tavern Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Tavern Hospitality Group Reviews by Location