Tax Defense Network

Tax Defense Network Employee Reviews

United States82 reviews
Is a great environment to work in , with helping client and the work the work that is done there, You must be open to change and at a moments notice and be flexible with you time and schedule.
Great place to gain tons of work experience in the field of tax resolution. There is so much knowledge and management does a good job connecting employees with mentors.
Pros
contract work from home
Cons
their payout for tax prep could be much better
Tax Defense Network is unfair to their employees and management is all corrupt. It doesn't matter how hard you work, their system is rigged. If you try to look for help from HR, you will be fired.
If you are interested in getting generously compensated for your efforts while working remotely in tax resolution, do not apply for work at this company!!!
For someone who just graduated from high school and needs a job.
You can be overlooked based on favoritism or if you have family already working there you get special accommodations or new positions.

Management are not on one accord, pretty much fly til you fall out of the sky.

Turnover rate high.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
If you have a soul, and care about customers this is not the place for you. They swindle people out of their money, lie to them and can't do any more for a customer than they can do for themselves. People in management there wouldn't be there at any reputable company. Revolving door of employees as well.
Pros
Better than welfare
Cons
Not much better than welfare
Tax Defense Network , now known as Money Solver was a stressful place to work . The way the company would go about making changes was always unproductive and unorganized.
Management is not honest with their clients nor their employees.
Pros
hours and over time
Cons
poor management
Now called MoneySolver, this company has lost it's way. They no longer seem concerned about their clients, which used to be the primary focus. Hopefully, it will improve in time, but it's a mess right now.
This employer is horrible, racist, and rude. They do not care about their employees just want you to make sure you get the customer over to the debt consultant so that they can get money.
I could not have worked as an intern. I enjoyed my time there. My supervisor was a great person and everyone there was just nice and attentive. If it would have not been for TDN I would not have ended up as a tax attorney.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tax Defense Network?
No comment. It was a place that involved a lot of change. Management disconnected from employee base. I'd prefer not to comment. At that time the company went through a lot of transition. Perhaps things have changed
Fast paced and professional organization intent on providing clients excellent customer service and tax resolution services. Provided training opportunities to improve and update work skills
This company has no sense of itself and it's trying to go 10 directions at the same time. Everything keeps changing and then changing back so fast that nobody has any idea what they're supposed to be doing from one day to the next.

The only thing that matters is making the financials LOOK good for the investors. Nobody cares if any of it is real. They don't even pretend that we're not for sale.

Everybody is in charge, so nobody is in charge. I spend an unbelievable amount of time undoing what I was told to do the week before.

The computer systems we use are getting worse by the day. The IT Helpdesk doesn't answer the phone when you call. We're not allowed to send helpdesk tickets without permission. When you do get permission, they close it immediately 9 times out of 10 and you never hear anything else about it.

NONE of our reports work!! They literally have totals that add 3, 5 and 9 and get 32! It's CRAZY and nobody cares, especially not IT management. We literally have to guess and make stuff up on a daily basis because pressing the issue will only get you fired. If you point out a problem on a report, they ignore you. If you bring it up to senior IT management, they report YOU to your manager for being negative!

The worst part is the 'Negativity Police'. Honest and accurate input / feedback is commonly labeled as "negativity". Even if you're just pointing out something that's broken. People are fired or demoted for speaking up about anything at all. There are literally signs posted everywhere proclaiming that "negativity" will not be tolerated.
Pros
Management spends money like a bunch of drunk sailors
Cons
They only spend it on themselves and their friends
Awesome co-workers, laid back work environment.

But....if u ask for help, they throw you on the back burner, then blame you for lacking. I asked for help, tried figuring out what I was doing incorrectly, and nobody took the time to help in development.
Pros
Cool coworkers, pay
Cons
Management could be better
I loved my time at TDN. The staff was very generous and always willing to help. The management team was even better, always available and genuinely cared about their staff both personally and professionally.
There was alot of stress and changes in procedures without informing employees in my department. turnover of 21 employees within 9 months. Every single minute of the day was logged and monitored
Pros
Cons
stress/management was unprofessional
They are just in it for the money, but have staffed most of the departments with totally unqualified staff. There is no accountability in management and everything is somehow your fault
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
constant struggles everyday
TDN used to be a great place to work. After being purchased by a Private Equity firm, the culture changed.
Very stressful. Heavy workloads. Low pay.

The company has little rewards for the amount and level of work they consider normal.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
heavy workloads and low pay
I was there for just one semester for an internship. I did get a good internship experience with them. The day included making calls to clients. I also worked in developing spreadsheets in laws and datas provided by the company.
Job title was a tax analyst and it was very stressful. I would recommend anybody to work for this company ever. The Human Resource department wasn't very helpful. This company Racial Profiled a lot.
Worked there for several years and advanced in position multiple times with previous ownership. Worked hard and was very stressful and increased compensation was extremely difficult, but again, I learned a lot. With new ownership brought several people to be replaced and I was one of them.