Tax Law Office of David W. Klasing Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Great Company - Comfortable Environment!
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
I love working at this firm. I work under awesome managers, and I learn a LOT! The job is challenging, which creates an environment that is not dull. The staff and management are warm and friendly. The work is fast paced, so there are not days where I am idle. At this office hard work does pay off, and I feel appreciated. The list of what I have learned at this firm is super-long. Having a good work ethic is truly noticed, and expectations are not impossible to fulfill. I feel blessed to have been brought onto this team.
Pros
Great learning experience, and knowledgeable management.
Run away
Short term (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2018
Terrible owners. High turnover. Senior employee had 1.5 years with the company. You wont last three months. You will understand fear. Owners are vomit.
Pros
Pay and location.
Cons
Owners. Run away. Disgusting.
terrible promotion structure, hostile environment
Professional Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Many skilled, talented workers leave due to owner's poor management and relationship skills. The turnaround is so high that the remaining employees are promoted without the skill set or training.
Pros
Beautiful place
Cons
Hostile work environment, lack of appreciation
Not a good place for an experienced professional
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at the office includes inputting originally filed returns to be amended and identifying high balances on bank statements. I learned about how a tax law office views their clients as liars and thieves and any previous experience of reducing tax liabilities to increase cash flow should be ignored.

The management team is a clique that includes the owner, his wife and the office manager who was recently promoted from being a law clerk after working for the firm for two years. Before joining the firm, the office manager had a couple of internships and a volunteer gig, and struggles to pass the bar exam. To put it mildly, the management style of the office manager is comparable to a child reporting to a parent about a sibling. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with.

The hardest part of the job is not having any challenging work and being treated like a child. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers.
Pros
Work/life balance options
Cons
Being managed by someone who has never managed and lacks people skills, dealing with the egotistical personalities of the owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tax Law Office of David W. Klasing. Our community is ready to answer.

Tax Law Office of David W. Klasing Reviews by Location