TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION Employee Reviews

Worst Job Ever
Radio Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Resigned after 6 months of employment. The captain and chief were condescending and disrespectful. The office was not sanitary and the office furniture was broken and old. There is no room for growth or advancement, as stated in the initial interview. The job is fairly easy however, the captains and chief micromanage which makes the job difficult. I do not recommend this job. The morning staff would sleep during their shift, in which the officers would complain.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Micromanagement, office filthy, favortism
Drivers legal rights, constantly trampled on
Yellow Cab Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I wouldn't recommend becoming a cabbie, unless serious union organizing continues to correct the major, major flaws that tends to perpetuate a living mobile sweat shop on wheels that drivers do not deserve. Far too many rights granted to passengers and nothing for cabbies. There's an inbalance of political power that has to be corrected immediately.
Pros
Self employment
Cons
Overbearing law enforcement
loved the job
City cab (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 22, 2017
there was alot of favoritism and no equality for drivers at the last company i was with it was a real stressfull at times when there are no calls no rotation of shifts so that everyone can work on the money days
Pros
meet great people
Cons
long downtimes
Busy
Apple Car Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2017
Working as a dispatcher for a car company can be a complicated job. But only if you're unsure of what you're doing. It's simple once you learn and get the hang of it.
Cut throat
Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
Since you deal with various passangers you have to put up with anything they might do or say. You make decent money at the cost of 10-12 hours every day. On top of that you have to worry about police, accidents, traffic and tlc also which is very frustrating sometime. if any incident listed above happens to you the loss could be equivalent to 2-4 days worth of work. you have to exercise a lot since you are sitting most of the time in you car.
Pros
flexible schedual
Cons
health
productive and fun place to work
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
I love working at the taxi and limousine commission the people were like family we all work well together. I been working with this company for about 10 years, its a great company I had to deal with the public which I love, it gave me a change to help the public with making complaints against drivers who were not following the rules and regulations that were set fourth though the taxi and limousine commisiion
Pros
advancement to grow
Taxi Driver
Livery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day consists of driving passengers to there destination in a safe and timely manner, it is a ever changing job because you are dealing with numerous people on a daily basis.
Navigating the city streets can be challenging and one has to have thick skin to deal with different passenger personalities.
Yellow Cab Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Long hours, mostly 12 hr shifts. Night shift is a plus and easier to ride the streets, picking up passengers and less law enforcement. Day shift is a lot of gridlock and sometimes irate passengers, especially those who are pressed for time.
Pros
You take your own breaks when the streets are not that busy, but one tries to limit themselves for at least an hr.
Cons
When the streets are slow, sometimes there is no money to be made and if it gets really bad, then the cab is brought back to garage company.
Fun and interesting work environment.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
It is a productive and interesting work environment. There is always something new to learn on a daily basis, interacting with customers on a one on one basis. Driving them to their desired destination in a timely and courteous manner. I am my own boss since this is a self employed job. The hardest part of the job is when it is slow but still keeping myself motivated to keep working. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and having conversations with them people being from all walks of life.
Pros
Meeting new people. Being your own boss.
Cons
short breaks, no health care and if I dont work i dont make money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about