Taylor Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Good employer to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  From SF Bay Area to WA StateFebruary 10, 2019
Typical day most recently is begin at 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. virtual environment, interaction with management, sales staff, booking travel, events, running reports and sales information
Pros
Long lasting relationships, wonderful work relationships
Cons
Several management changes since Taylor bought my previous employeer
nice place to work
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, IN 46176January 19, 2019
Would recommend to anyone. Good place to work. Nice vacation time. Parties for different occasions. Involved in different fund raising organizations
Pros
nice environment
Poor managment and lack of connection with employees.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, PADecember 16, 2018
Management takes on way to much work especially during the busy holiday season forcing employees to put in 12 hour shifts and weekends without much regard to their personal lives.
Pros
Earned PTO, full benefits, discounts on various products
Cons
Poor management, some lack basic computer skills, excessive workload
Disappointing
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Quality AssuranceDecember 6, 2018
If there is anything I learned from working 60-70 hours a week up to 7 months a year. It was how insane fast time flies. During my two years I was employed here I worked some insane hours and dedicated my life to my job. Seen my work crew more than my own family. Had little, to no time off. No raises, no promotions. Inquired about many. If you like to work your tail off then this place is for you. If you like raises, promotions, etc this place is not ideal.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
To many to list
Toccoa, GA is a bad place to work, Taylor is generally a good company
Service Studio Rep (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GADecember 3, 2018
My manager is the primary reason the job experience wasn't good. Other people with other managers seemed to have much better career. If you're looking to work in Toccoa for Taylor, I would recommend you actively speaking to your manager about the tiny amount of training, vs the immense complexity of the systems, products, and alien like expectations - if you experience the same thing I did, which I would bet my bottom dollar you will - in Toccoa, speak up, and contact HR when you see the writing on the wall. Most of my days there, maybe 75% of the time, were hellacious. Nearly all of the time I was there, I was overworked, while others around me would either burn out, quit, relinquish any opportunity for advancement, or get fired. You don't have to put up with a place like this, I would highly recommend not working in Toccoa for Taylor.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Can be stressful but if you stay to yourself it’s not so bad
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXNovember 28, 2018
I don’t have many problems with the job I just lack the pay. I feel I do more for a little. I’m willing to do ANYTHING asked of me, as long as the pay makes up for it
Pros
A great place to learn how to operate equipment. PTO on major holidays.
Cons
Inventory is bad right now, 1 person is basically managing the entire building and he does the best he can, no chance at raises or position growth, lack of equipment, structure needs work.
Taylor miscommunications
Rotary press operator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, OHNovember 16, 2018
Micromanaging to a new level. Horrible place to work with low morale. I was fired for violating conduct policy, but not given any explanation of wrong doing. Management is full of liars. The smokers are worthless and stand outside smoking half of their shifts and the supervisors don't care because they take 10 smoke breaks a day too. I believe I was fired for speaking out against press helpers that would just walk away and take random 45 min smoke breaks. The press operators are held to production standards but no one else is. Overall it's a shameful company to work for amd the vets all say it's a dying business. I was cussed at and threatened by another employee in front of a supervisor who happens to be a cousin of the other employee all because I complained about excessive breaks.
Pros
Cons
No management or leads on off shifts, no accountabilty for those without production goals.
Horrible!!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYNovember 14, 2018
Pay okay;lots of animosity/favoritism w/in management:Very few ppl you can trust; Rules r for new;those there longer don't abide - managementt turns blind eye.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, good to let you off for family emergencies
Cons
Favoritism with management, forced to work ot/weekends
Virtual Employee
Outsource Services Buyer (Former Employee) –  Avon, MA 02322October 26, 2018
As a virtual employee working within a team, the hardest part of my job was keeping the communication lines open. We had monthly team meetings, but not all team members worked remote, so I would have to remind colleagues to keep me abreast of new procedures or suggestions for best practices.
The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with customers and suppliers, so that I could find the best solution for their current need.
Pros
No commute in Boston traffic
Cons
Not meeting people in person
Great place to start work experience
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2018
Average amount of data entry each day
Worked with several different teams of co-workers
Communication could have been better
Hardest part was communications with co-workers
Enjoyable part of work was variety of data entry
Pros
Lunch area available
Cons
Parking options
Good workplace can be stressful at tine vecause of work dealine but overall good place to work
Lead psf (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Good company to work for if you show them your interest in working for them and interest in advancement. It's sometimes relaxed and sometime fast past just depends when orders come in and when they are due out. Overall fun place work manager and staff are fun and care about there employees.
Productive and friendly
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at Taylor Communications is getting to work on time and clocking out when leaving. What I've learned at Taylors is communicating with team mates/ members. The hardest part of my job was not getting enough help in my department as a Quality Inspector. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing new faces and getting to meet different kinds of cultures.
Pros
Vending machines has a card swipe, very useful
Cons
Short breaks
My time at Taylor
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 21, 2018
This job has taught me a number of things I did not know or was required to know on any other jobs I have had in the past. I love learning new things and staying busy throughout my day everyday. I love the people I work with and my boss is the best. Just looking to improve on my finances so more money is always a need.
Pros
awesome hours, and always busy
Cons
always busy, and they stopped remote working from home
Easy
Fulfilment Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Hours were nice.
Alot of drama
Pay was decent
Hardest part was standing on feet
most enjoyable things were work was very easy
typical day was filling envelopes, folding, making books
Pros
Hours, easy work
Cons
Drama
Poor management
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 7, 2018
This company was Standard Register when I started. They went into bankruptcy and were bought by Taylor Corp. Most of the current management left when that happened and new people were brought in. That;s when the culture and job life changed.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Good Leadership, Mildly competitive benefits, Job culture was stingy
Sr. Customer Service Represent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJSeptember 7, 2018
The leadership was good because they were willing to listen to issues and respond. They were stingy with perks for their employees, like buying lunch.
Good Place to Work
Customer Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Fast paced independent work environment, great for those that are self motivated. Managers are flexible and understanding when dealing with family and personal issues.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
downtown
Its ok
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Monroe township, njAugust 26, 2018
Worked overnight, not the best for work life balance. Co workers were okay, management is not the greatest.... favoritism is present in the job. But an okay place to work.
good co.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 19, 2018
Started tower career with this co. went from laborer to project manager learning all aspects of tower construction, cellular communication builds, Co. went out of business.
Customer products
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 15, 2018
There is poor management in the building also there is no H.R in the building so you never know what the rules are and time off or call in's ect.. and when you have to ask then depending on who you as it is different. There is a lot of miscommunication going on in the company