Taylor Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Service Studio Represntative
Service Studio Representative (Current Employee) –  Toccoa, GAJuly 30, 2018
A mentally taxing career working with great co-workers who are willing to assist when capacity allows. There is an overload of work with high expectations.
Workplace is stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2018
Needs more employees to cover service department. Can be stressful when more orders are coming in and there are less staff members to help. Production team and shipping teams ok.
I really enjoyed working here.
Kitting (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 21, 2018
The environment in the factory was very relaxed and very comfortable. My team lead and supervisor were very organized and well trained to do their jobs and to help us do better at ours.
Its a dying business
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 18, 2018
I lose hours every week from not having much to do. Less and less people want printed forms. Soon ill be out of a job im sure of it. And I'm young enough now to start somewhere new.
Very demanding
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 17, 2018
Very long work days for Management. On call. High stress position with not much downtime. Culture is good as we have a lot of long term employees.

Best part is the people that work here.
Taylor Communications
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
This is not a employee friendly company at all. They strictly care about the bottom dollar and nothing else matters. You can go above and beyond with no recognition for an amazing job you did.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Company Policies, Management
Loved working there
hand packager/finisher-production assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 11, 2018
I loved management. Had alot of good times. I was suppose to retire from there but they closed production department and moved it to Illinios. I actually was asked to train people in Illinois because i was the only one that knew how to do my job. I think that should of been appreciated more
Pros
benefits, friendly people
Cons
When Taylor bought out ICS our jobs became unstable
A company in transition, still trying to figure out what it is
Fanancial Planning Analyst Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
Taylor is a newly formed company form 2 bankrupt company and a division brought from Staples . As a result management has a difficult time verbalizing it's long term vision.
Cons
lack of job security
good people
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXnJune 19, 2018
the staff their was very helpful in the training and on the job. Great work environment if you want to learn a new trade.
You have the ability to learn as much as you are willing to learn
Good management...fast-paced team environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 19, 2018
I love working with Taylor Communications and I plan on working here until I retire...unfortunately, the plant is closing down. The company benefits are excellent and there's always opportunity for growth and development. The only hardest part of the job is the shift rotation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Livermore plant is closing down
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2018
The company is really great because you work diffrent people and learn new things. Rotation around the clock so that everything will be met on time. There always overtime
Pros
Taco truck
Cons
You'll need your own gloves
Taylor com.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 6, 2018
Horrible hours and horrible management. No room for advancement at all. Rules for the most part apply to some and not all. If you speak up for yourself. You’ll likely be gone in a weeks time.
Challenging place to work
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Township of Monroe, NJJune 5, 2018
I have a great teammate and we work well together. My direct manager is wonderful and does everything she can to help. Upper management is an issue. They make work life more difficult. They do not grasp the different systems we use.

We have 3 companies that have merged into 1 with many different systems and capabilities. While my direct manager and my team like to find better processes and tackle any issues head on, upper management in the building (not corporate) like to sweep issues under the rug.

If we had better management at this facility, we would thrive and work would be much more enjoyable.

Our team gets along very well. We play off of each others strength's and assist with weaknesses.
Pros
work with a great team
Cons
benefits are not good and upper management is not good
Manger is very supporting
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Automation) (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 4, 2018
Love my manager, he gave me room and opportunity to grow. Very supportive. I could not have asked for any better! He always encouraged to try something new, knowing fully well it may not produce the desired result.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 31, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. I have nothing to say bad about it. Although I really didn't get along with my lead. I learned a lot and met some very nice people.
very fast pace and detail driven
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 29, 2018
The people I worked with were extremely fun and we worked well as a team.. The work was fast-paced and attention to detail was extreme important. Management was weak in some areas, but supervisors kept production at a highly effective level.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
workload too much to be efficiet
ok
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Wouldn't recommend for long term. Didn't offer many permanent positions. Wouldn't go back due to health issues, the work was very physical, had me lifting items well over 50 pounds alone.
Good pay, Poor management
Printing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2018
Layoffs were common. Management does not seem to understand that the more repetitive reporting processes put into place the harder it is to produce results. Management does not clearly understand the nature of the work they are managing yet constantly create rules and processes which don't work. This inadvertently make the job harder rather than easier. Promotions seem to be based on the Clique you belong to rather than based on experience and ability.

Pays well but you are under constant pressure. Health insurance is expensive and doesn't cover much. Standard leave/vacation package.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Stressful work environment, litte possibiity for promotion. Layoffs.
It was ok working for Taylor Communicatios
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJMay 17, 2018
I had to pack and shipped the order that were ready. The hardest part was when I had to stay and work over 10 hr shift. Over all I think it was nice working for them. If I had the chance I would do work for then again.
Great company
Customer Service Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNMay 6, 2018
Worked in this industry for 22 years. Went through 6 acquisitions and would still be working if they hadn't closed our OKC sales office, warehouse and eliminated our jobs.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my customers and co-workers.